size of light

If You Wrap Your Phone in Tinfoil It Blocks the Signal. So Why Is a Tinfoil Hat Such a Bad Idea?

Somebody give a heads up to all the psychology students that are allegedly monitoring this forum to start following this thread.

Because I'm SERIOUSLY considering wearing a tinfoil hat to bed from now on to see if I sleep better.

I could go two ways with this forum: either throw my hands up and say: Screw it, it's a waste of time!

...Or double-down on my commitment and light the spark that burns the First Order down (cracking reference if you've seen The Last Jedi).

Posted (edited)

It is not.

I have put my cellphone in one of those plastic protector bags that

you can get for very cheap.It sits in there together with a piece of carton

of the same size that is wrapped in tin foil.

This way it's radiation does not go through my body,

but it still is able to receive signals.

Before I always felt pain where I carried my phone.

Not anymore thanks to tin foil :-)

Edited by berten60
  • Like 2

Note that you have to keep the tinfoil between

your body and the phone,otherwise you make it worse radiation wise...

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, berten60 said:

Note that you have to keep the tinfoil between

your body and the phone,otherwise you make it worse radiation wise...

So theoretically, if I wrap my head in tinfoil and go to bed, it should eliminate - or at least reduce - any wifi signals that are inhibiting my melatonin production, right?

Edited by size of light
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, size of light said:

So theoretically, if I wrap my head in tinfoil and go to bed, it should eliminate - or at least reduce - any wifi signals that are inhibiting my melatonin production, right?

You can always try,

just leave some opening for you to breathe through :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Certainly wrapping an item completely in foil or metal mesh will isolate it from Electromagnetic radiation , but is has to be totally wrapped with no gaps at all ....

I have for a while slept in a faraday cage  , you can build one easily , many hardwear stores sell aluminium mesh in rolls 1 meter wide , it's similar to mesh you find in a flour sieve or tea strainer .... I built an enclosure out of this around my bed , there could not be any gaps in the door , when inside my phone would not work ...  I abandoned the idea after a month , didn't notice much difference , but I do live in the jungle ( as jungly as I could find , still have 3G).

The enclosure has to be total , if something like a tin foil hat with a large opening the waves could get inside and resonate ...it could Amplify the effect .... 

I did hear (from Alex Jones I think) that the tin foil had idea was put out there by the CIA in the hope that it would catch on because it does amplify the effect.

Even if your head was totally wrapped in foil the radiation could still enter up through your neck , it travels through flesh and bone to some extent. 

Edited by oz93666
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, berten60 said:

It is not.

I have put my cellphone in one of those plastic protector bags ...

A crisp bag would do the same thing , or any aluminum layered  bag .... stop the phone working I mean 

Edited by oz93666
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, size of light said:

Try it yourself before commenting in the negative.

No difference whatsoever. But If you must give it  a try, save your pets too...

36310024_mg_1536_162.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Rupert Ugo said:

No difference whatsoever.

It works on my phone.

Maybe my brain is equally special.

I'm gonna go for it.

Haven't had a good night's sleep in a decade (coincidentally the same period of time I've been dicking around on this forum...)

Edited by size of light
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, size of light said:

It works on my phone.

Maybe my brain is equally special.

I'm gonna go for it.

Haven't had a good night's sleep in a decade.

It cannot work unless you completely enclose it. Try melatonin 5mg. Or 2-3 bananas an hour before bed.

Edited by Rupert Ugo

A Faraday cage does not need to be completely sealed, just as long as the holes are smaller than about 0.25 wavelengths at the frequency you are trying to block.

Not sure how you're going to prevent EM 'radiation' getting in under your chin or via your neck though.

Janet

41 minutes ago, Janet W said:

A Faraday cage does not need to be completely sealed, just as long as the holes are smaller than about 0.25 wavelengths at the frequency you are trying to block.

Not sure how you're going to prevent EM 'radiation' getting in under your chin or via your neck though.

Janet

Well sure .... mobile phone wavelengths are about 16cm .. so to block mobile phone transmitions you could use chicken wire . but the enclosure you build with chicken wire must be completely sealed ... that means with no big gaps around the door or anywhere 

chicken wire 

Factory-price-chicken-wire-mesh-philippi

since we don't know what other frequencies the government are using , mosquito /tea strainer mesh mesh will protect against everything ... higher frequencies (shorter wavelengths ) ... the enclosure is "sealed " with no gaps in construction ,  the little holes are not filled in , you can look out....

metal mosquito mesh 

B0892070947.jpg

1 hour ago, Janet W said:

Janet

I may be mistaken here and I most certainly bow to your superior experience, but I wasn't talking about a Faraday cage to block the microwaves. Just a flat piece of tin all around the head was what I was thinking. Besides on a Faraday cage, the holes could be maximum, something like a 0.25 of a millimetre wouldn't they? It's fairly close to resembling a giant tea strainer.

1 hour ago, Rupert Ugo said:

I may be mistaken here and I most certainly bow to your superior experience, but I wasn't talking about a Faraday cage to block the microwaves. Just a flat piece of tin all around the head was what I was thinking. Besides on a Faraday cage, the holes could be maximum, something like a 0.25 of a millimetre wouldn't they? It's fairly close to resembling a giant tea strainer.

Yes, a piece of aluminium foil around the head and under the chin will be ok, providing the gaps are fairly small.
Oz's chicken wire will be fine I guess, but for 5G (and even 4G and wifi)  the metal mosquito mesh will be more effective.

Some schools of thought suggest it should be earthed. Others suggest not - particularly if it's being used as an EMP shield. (If you really understand what causes an EMP and the effects it will have, shielding from it will be the least of your problems!)

But then it gets muddled with what I'd call codswallop regarding all this "grounding for health and EMP protection" that you can buy for your bed, feet, wrist, etc. which are supposed to be bonded electrically to earth/ground.

Posted (edited)

I have a hht for courier work and when it gets busy the data sync slows the machine down. I tried using tin foil to kill the GPS and data sync but it didn't work. 

I think a heavier metal is needed. 

I always thought tinfoil wouldn't do a job hence a double joke on the ' paranoid'. 

I am sure a good bit of lead would wrap around the hht and suitably contain and repell rf and I can build my muscles 

Edited by zArk

Just turn the phone off, then you cannot be effected by it, its like the vedgie crowd who don't eat meat, yet eat quorn sausages, looks like one, tastes like on but isn't one, so why block the signal and carry it around with you, does not make sense.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Janet W said:

Janet

I'm thinking I'll just start with a basic cap to reduce interference and then build up to something like this:

3445q1t.jpg

Edited by size of light
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, oz93666 said:

Certainly wrapping an item completely in foil or metal mesh will isolate it from Electromagnetic radiation , but is has to be totally wrapped with no gaps at all ....

I have for a while slept in a faraday cage  , you can build one easily , many hardwear stores sell aluminium mesh in rolls 1 meter wide , it's similar to mesh you find in a flour sieve or tea strainer .... I built an enclosure out of this around my bed , there could not be any gaps in the door , when inside my phone would not work ...  I abandoned the idea after a month , didn't notice much difference , but I do live in the jungle ( as jungly as I could find , still have 3G).

The enclosure has to be total , if something like a tin foil hat with a large opening the waves could get inside and resonate ...it could Amplify the effect .... 

I did hear (from Alex Jones I think) that the tin foil had idea was put out there by the CIA in the hope that it would catch on because it does amplify the effect.

Even if your head was totally wrapped in foil the radiation could still enter up through your neck , it travels through flesh and bone to some extent. 

Jeez ,, oz ,, you continue to amaze me ,, You cant' live in a cage forever tho' ,, 

nikola-tesla-experimenting-with-a-charge

4 hours ago, size of light said:

I'm thinking I'll just start with a basic cap to reduce interference and then build up to something like this:

That really is not such a bad idea , sol .... Stainless steel can be made into very fine strands and woven to make a silk like material ...other materials can be used too , the one pictured contains cotton,  copper and silver ,and can be made into the suits in your picture .... 

Ultima-small.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

There's also the placebo effect to take into account with some of these products.

i.e. If you believe strongly enough that what you're using has positive health effects (or mitigates negative effects), chances are it could work even if the product itself is snake oil.

Edited by size of light
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Janet W said:

(If you really understand what causes an EMP and the effects it will have, shielding from it will be the least of your problems!)

Can you go into more detail on that or link to an explanation?