muir

British Culture

14 minutes ago, size of light said:

Usually fashioning a stool while glancing up at the crossbeam and wondering if it will support his weight...

I think that our lives upto the modern age have revolved around doing jobs that were directly related towards providing the essentials of life

now in the modern age many people are left feeling that they lack meaning and purpose and if the technocracy pushes ahead then that will get worse because more and more people will be laid off as they are replaced by machines, AI and algorithms

Personally i think the solution is to go in the other direction and for people to be engaged at grass roots in their own food production but that goes counter to the vision of the corporate technocrats who want everyone to be skill-less dependents of the corporate technocracy

Edited by muir

4 minutes ago, muir said:

I think that our lives upto the modern age have revolved around doing jobs that were directly related towards providing the essentials of life

now in the modern age many people are left feeling that they lack meaning and purpose and if the technocracy pushes ahead then that will get worse because more and more people will be laid off as they are replaced by machines, AI and algorithms

Personally i think the solution is to go in the other direction and for people to be engaged at grass roots in their own food production but that goes counter to the vision of the corporate technocrats who want everyone to be skill-less dependents of the corporate technocracy

You hit the nail on the head M

The elite call this the slow cooker model of Isolation Starvation, as the technology took hold they also began removing any alternatives/training/re-training has all but stopped as well, it is how they have redistributed every trade and even the raw materials throughout history to prevent any grass route society from ever regrouping.

We got caught with our pants down basically, this I saw coming and began preparing for what would inevitably come, what one sees is the result and range of useful knick knacks to move forward, walking tall in shoes you have made is a great feeling, and why I often use the meme, why walk in shoes made in childrens eyes when you can walk in your own.

• Like 1

The older merry go round seemingly happens on a regular basis, Pathe News is a good record of how we continually keep getting stuffed.

Edited by The Apprentice

The progressives would have us hate ourselves and our country and i think that although there are many things we are not happy and would seek to improve on or change I believe that in order to best do that we need to first love ourselves and our country not in a narcissistic or overly prideful way but in a way that provides healthy self esteem which in turn allows honest self-reflection which in turn can lead to positive change

Its a more holistic and philosophical approach to problem solving...

• Like 1

The Lost Words - Spell Songs

Description
Karine Polwart, Julie Fowlis, Seckou Keita, Kris Drever, Kerry Andrew, Rachel Newton, Beth Porter, Jim Molyneux Singing nature back to life through the power of music, poetry and art

The Lost Words by Robert Macfarlane and Jackie Morris, described by the Guardian as ‘a cultural phenomenon,’ is a remarkable response to the loss of everyday nature words such as "acorn", "bluebell", and "kingfisher" from a widely used children’s dictionary. It hugely inspired the team at Folk by the Oak Festival to commission Spell Songs, a musical companion piece to this astonishing book.

Spell Songs brings together eight remarkable musicians, whose music already engages deeply with landscape and nature, to respond to the creatures, art and language of The Lost Words. Spell Songs will allow these acclaimed and diverse musicians to weave together elements of British folk music, Senegalese folk traditions, experimental and classical music, and create an inspiring new body of work.

THE SNOW HARE

London Symphony Orchestra - Christmas Classics (Full Album)

In The Bleak Midwinter : Choir of Kings College, Cambridge

Foot Stompin Scotland podcast

Every month we release the Foot Stompin’ Free Scottish Music Podcast featuring the best in Scottish music. You can subscribe to it on iTunes, listen to it on Stitcher, subscribe via the podcast RSS OR simply check back here and have a listen! You can also sign up for our dedicated mailing list and we will email you as soon as a new one comes out! If you like this why not check out our Voices of Scotland podcast.

https://projects.handsupfortrad.scot/scotpodcast/about/

Hands Up for Trad TV

Watch all our episodes of Hands Up for Trad TV on the playlist below! Don’t miss an episode by subscribing to the show on iTunes.

9 minutes ago, muir said:

Foot Stompin Scotland podcast

Every month we release the Foot Stompin’ Free Scottish Music Podcast featuring the best in Scottish music. You can subscribe to it on iTunes, listen to it on Stitcher, subscribe via the podcast RSS OR simply check back here and have a listen! You can also sign up for our dedicated mailing list and we will email you as soon as a new one comes out! If you like this why not check out our Voices of Scotland podcast.

https://projects.handsupfortrad.scot/scotpodcast/about/

Hands Up for Trad TV

Watch all our episodes of Hands Up for Trad TV on the playlist below! Don’t miss an episode by subscribing to the show on iTunes.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, muir said:

The progressives would have us hate ourselves and our country and i think that although there are many things we are not happy and would seek to improve on or change I believe that in order to best do that we need to first love ourselves and our country not in a narcissistic or overly prideful way but in a way that provides healthy self esteem which in turn allows honest self-reflection which in turn can lead to positive change

I recommend youngsters playing these instead of video games, let fred explain how easy it can be,

Edited by The Apprentice

British Culture is very diverse ,, 

Down South we have the Royal Family ,, a monument to bloodline heritage ,,

But ,,

Up North they used to have 'The Royle Family' ,,

royle_familyccc_zpsentgst9v.jpg

Even though they were as common as muck ,, they showed how strong a family can be ,, eg ,, quotes like ,, ''Get the door Barb'' 

Royleheroccccnnnn_zpsuaix2gpm.jpg

True Britishness ,,,,,,,,,,,, At Xmas ,,,,,,

erzi57tbzha7313qqeelccccc_zps6to1kwfn.jp

• Like 2

9 hours ago, muir said:

The Pacemakers a series of short films, made by the Central Office of Information about 50 years ago, portraying Britain in a positive light for overseas audiences. This episode covers the work of the British architect Sir Basil Spence.

• Like 1

Your Gaelic language companion

A comprehensive online resource that aims to be the constant companion for all levels of Gaelic language speakers.

Reasons to learn Gaelic

People learn Gaelic today for many reasons. Some want to connect with their culture and other people want to better understand place names of Scotland. People often learn Gaelic because they want to sing the beautiful songs of the language.

https://learngaelic.scot/?