Sign in to follow this  
iPanda

Premier League 2018/19 Season

I can see that sports is not a huge subject on these forums but I would like to talk about football with people on this forum.

This thread is for the Barclay's Premier League and for the current season which started in August 2018 and ends in May 2019.

Up-to-date premier league table:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/table

We are over half way through the season and as such we can kind of see where things may end up. I myself am a Tottenham Hotspur (or Spurs) fan. Liverpool and Manchester City are fighting it out at the top however I think the safest bet is Manchester City (or Man City).

Here are the most recent results, I will update this after each weekend:

Cardiff 1 - 5 Watford
West Ham 3 - 1 Fulham
Leicester 1 - 4 Crystal Palace
Bournemouth 1 - 1 Wolves

Newcastle 2 - 0 Huddersfield
Burnley 2 - 1 Spurs
Arsenal 2 - 0 Southampton
Manchester United 0 - 0 Liverpool

Couple of pointers this week.

My beloved Spurs going 1-0 down to Burnley and then losing 2-1 and knocking our chances of winning the league was a pretty sour one.
Manchester United and Liverpool drawing is good for everyone else near the top and bad for both of them involved. With Liverpool chasing the title and Manchester United chasing Champion's League football, they both could have done with the full 3 points.

Personally I think Manchester City will win the league and I would genuinely like to see Ole Gunnar Solskjær take the team he has molded into the CL next season but who knows what may happen, he may not even get the job!

Also there was the Carabao Cup final between Manchester City and Chelsea at Wembley on Sunday afternoon. It was a goalless draw with neither team managing to find the net. The Chelsea keeper, Kepa, refused to come off when instructed by his manager to swap for the other keeper, Caballero and this caused the manager, Sarri to go absolutely mental. I expect Sarri to get fired for the way he has badly managed the team and Kepa to be sold as soon as Chelsea's potential 2x transfer window ban gets appealed successfully or it runs out.

What are your thoughts? Who do you support, regardless if you're an armchair fan (like me) or die hard season ticket holder, let's talk BPL! :)

Ole won't get the job permanently.

it is in the balance for City at the moment. Loads of injuries and 3 competitions to battle in.

Liverpool ditched out of 2 and have almost a full squad

it will come down to liverpool having the 1st team fit, if its a make shift team then Liverpool will fail

city though could wear themselves out and have a full squad for the final month but be out of champs league, fa cup and behind in the prem

Suprised at the Leicester move

i think the bottom three atm will be relegated

• Like 1

Good win for us gooners tonight glad the lot down the road lost as well.  I'm not sure we make top 4 though. City to win the title.

i had City, Loserpool, Spuds and Gooners as top4 at start

dunno if spuds are gonna slide though now.

• Like 1

interesting weekend ahead

n london derby sat

scouse derby sun

city away at bournmouth sat

manure playing against a prem club

city could go top and heap loads of pressure on liverpool at goodison

arsenal could win and potch could be known as botch

neil warnock, cardiff manager, does his forehead look odd?

it looks too smooth and shiny for an old mans forehead, somewhat plastic, not to mention his strange hair line.

city win with the skill to circumvent the offside rules. scousers were screaming then saw the defenders touch and thought "oh,i see"

burnley are now the side like last season , but at anfield the ref always helps

manure gooners...i think gooners will smash em

chelski will win

Yet today the ref never saw 2 players block the Liverpool keeper so Burnley scored first.

I knew before the game started that Burnley would be shit.

Time wasting, taking ages to take goal kicks, ages to take throw ins, doing anything to disrupt the flow of the game.

So glad that we blew them away 4-2.

Utd lost to Arsenal, must have let Ole manager them instead of Fergie via Mike Phelan.

Spurs seem to be on the slide, maybe the players and manager want out?

8 games to go, all to play for!

should troy townsend head of kick out racism travel to nigeria and protest theres not enough white footballers in the nigerian football league?

17 hours ago, bamboozooka said:

should troy townsend head of kick out racism travel to nigeria and protest theres not enough white footballers in the nigerian football league?

no, Jon Snow should

Looks like City has to massively up their game next month to fend off liverpool.

a 1pt lead is tenuous

If Spuds win today i think sPUDS and chelski will make top4

If spuds lose, manure and chelski

By by Huddersfield, maybe Leeds swapping places?

Looks like the board at Manchester United have started making good decisions for a change by appointing Solskjaer as manager on a permanent basis.

Still even performing at a tenth of what the team was still number 5 in the premier league.

The comeback of the most sucessfull team in the history of the game starts here.

Edited by Guest

it was either ole or zidane. strange how zindane rejoined madrid the day before ole was announced.

so obvious zidane was holding out to the summer to see what happened to ole.

Pochettino was being considered-both would have been the wrong choice.

City edge ahead again. Chelski shock the league with another win. Spuds stumble along. Arsenal win at home again. Manure are gutted

who would of thought the title race coming down the Manchester Derby?

livepool fans wishing for a draw or manure win

manure fans wishing for top4

city fans expecting a performance

come on city!

alexi sanchez is on 450k a week at utd not a bad gig to keep the bench warm.

does utd deduct 225k a week paye before he sees it?

think they are self-employed with a contract so its not PAYE

and if the earner is not liable for tax then there is no tax to pay

So the Champions League final is between two clubs that haven't won their domestic league for a combined total of 87 years. England have won the World Cup more recently than Spurs have been the best team in England and Liverpool haven't won the league since the back pass rule was introduced!

"Champions" League. :classic_blink::classic_unsure::classic_laugh:

Edited by mishy

CHAMPIONSHIP PLAY-OFF FINAL

Aston Villa forced to pay £4million to unwanted flops if they win Championship Play-Off Final at Wembley – reports

The Villans take on Derby County for a place in the Premier League but will be stung if they triumph

Aston Vila will be forced to shell out £4million to a host of unwanted flops if they achieve promotion to the Premier League, according to reports.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/545738/aston-villa-championship-play-off-final-wages-contract-wembley/