Sign in to follow this  
awake

Daily Thought: Capital Cities

Why is it that we are only told capital cities mean "official seat of government" ?

Taking a look at any dictionary, capital also means money/finance, in which we are all controlled by money and referred to as stock/cattle
There was a time when governments used to issue money, until it was later offloaded to banks to create it out of nothing and make us pay interest on it

Coincidence ? i don't think so. I think Homonyms were created for deceptive purposes

What do you think ?

Every United state has a state capital. it is rarely the state's largest city. Why is that?

Daily Thought: Countries

The root word of country is "count"

So we are "counted", but not for the feelgood that they want us to think

Am i right ?

Daily Thought: Holidays

The word holiday comes from the old english word hāligdæg, meaning "Holy Day" and was specific to religious days

In modern use it is used also for recreational and political references, depending on which country you are living in. Therefore the word is being misused deliberately in some countries. I suspect the reason for this is to sway religious beliefs towards nullification and therefore towards favouring the political class

What do you think ?

Daily Thought: Words

Do you agree that the english language can be misleading and deceptive ?. All you have to do is think about the words we use and break them down

For example, lets take a look at the word "conserve". We are told in dictionaries that it means "to keep in a safe or sound state". Or to "preserve"

Lets take a closer look....

"con" means "something used deceptively to gain another's confidence". To "swindle". To "manipulate". To "persuade". "negative". "opposition"

"serve" means "to be a servant". To "be of use". To "attend". To "perform duties"

So putting the word "con" in front of "serve" is deception. Purposely done to prevent change towards something more positive. People use such words without thinking about what it really means. Mimicking what they were taught from an early age

And what does "preserve" have to do with "conserve" ? they both have different meanings

Another word i see above is "confide", which is a con inside a con

"fide" means "genuine" or "sincere". With con in front of it, we are conning ourselves

That's my take anyway. Or did i not understand something ? What do you think ?

On 8/10/2019 at 12:08 PM, Reinold said:

Every United state has a state capital. it is rarely the state's largest city. Why is that?

Depends on when the city was founded. New York used to rotate its capital (or capitol as the Americans spell it) before finally settling on the central city of Albany. Size matters too. When transportation wasn't so easy, a more centralized point was chosen such as Tallahassee in Florida which was the mid-point between two regions of the old Spanish-ruled region. Lansing was picked in order to get Michigan's capital a bit further away from Canada. Detroit, the existing capital, was considered too close to British-controlled territory. There's no hard and fast rule. Some, like Madison, were selected because of political lobbying.

• Like 1

Daily Thought: History

Dictionary says that the word "history" simply means "past events"

My interpretation of the word leads me to think "his story". But you can't say "hisstory" (2x s) because it doesn't make sense

Would i be right to conclude that or is it a coincidence ?

If that's right, then why only "his" ? Why is the female not included ? I suspect religion to be the usual culprit

Your thoughts ?

Posted (edited)

The trouble with your analysis is you are using different entymological roots

History stems from greek

His / Hers is Anglo saxon in origin

So the word History is not related to gender - as a clearer example

The French Use Histoire  for History

Son Sa or ses for His or hers -

Confusingly they say see Dave that's her car and his Dog - the his her depends on what not who you are talking about eg  Mon Pere Ma Mer Mes Parents (my dad my mum my parents)

From that you can see theres no His / her origin to the word (as an aside I think Histoire is a feminine word )

Theres only so many sounds -

Edited by Eldnah
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eldnah said:

The trouble with your analysis is you are using different entymological roots

Ah i see. Yeah i know nothing about that sort of stuff

Thanks for the info

Daily Thought: Electronic Products

How many people are aware that certain technological limitations are already known about and we are sold all the inferior stuff, bit by bit until the limitation has been reached ?

Maybe that's just common knowledge to you and me, but i would still like to ask the question. So, are you aware of that ? Do you think the average person is aware of it ? Is this a pointless question ?

Daily Thought: Nationality

When someone asks you what country you are from, you give that person a simple logical answer, such as America for example

Now lets say someone asks you if you are American, what is your reply ?

People have this habit of referring to themselves or others as a country. We were programmed to respond this way, as if agreeing to its construct

Daily Thought: Strangers

The so-called "authorities" keep teaching children, or anyone for the matter, that other people are "strangers"

Most people are not strange. Just another divide and conquer technique using language as the weapon

The word Stranger comes from the French word Étranger.

This comes from the Old French word estrange, which comes form the Latin word extraneus meaning beyond.

On 8/14/2019 at 11:21 AM, awake said:

Dictionary says that the word "history" simply means "past events"

May I ask what dictionary you are using?

Any dictionary

The point is, it is used to try and scare children, and some adults for that matter, away from other peoples knowledge or opinions, simply because they have never met that person

Most children and some adults associate the word stranger with fear of the unknown

Daily Thought: Kidnap

Ever notice how adults who are "abducted" are referred to as "kidnapped"

Stupid media commentators treating everyone as children with their nanny-state propaganda

20 minutes ago, awake said:

Daily Thought: Kidnap

Ever notice how adults who are "abducted" are referred to as "kidnapped"

Stupid media commentators treating everyone as children with their nanny-state propaganda

Not so sure about this one

I think the term Kidnapped has been in use longer than the use of kids for children - which I think is one of those local slang terms that became widespread - Kids being young goats - I think kids for children sprang from there.

Although ironically you use another goat (nanny) derived term to complain about the use of kids

2 hours ago, Eldnah said:

Not so sure about this one

Regardless, we know what they are referring to

Daily Thought: Opting Out & Agreements

There used to be a time when opting out of something was done during a sign-up or registration process

In modern times people usually have no choice but to opt out "after" an agreement, which by then it's too late and your personal information has already been sold

What's the point of an agreement anyway... it's not like we have a choice if we are forced to get something done a certain way. No such thing as an agreement in alot of cases

Just a couple of the many immoral and unethical practices in society, usually through the incremental processing of doing it right the first time and then screwing people later when the customer base has grown

Daily Thought: Workforce

"Force"

Exactly what it says...  slavery

Mocking us