Seeker

How does nanotechnology work?

20 minutes ago, Janet W said:

Yes. You are correct. One of the reasons AC mains is 50Hz  or 60Hz is because the electricity was primarily used for lighting. Lower frequency meant the thermal inertia of the filament gave visible flicker, and higher meant greater transmission loss. It was all a compromise with the technology of the day, including the speed of steam turbines and gearing!

Some conspiritard told me with a straight face that it was chosen (in the late 1800s!) as the ideal mind-control frequency...

I'm the first to admit the official story given  for the choice of 50/60Hz does sound very logical and seems to have technical reasons ... but I'm not convinced ... The ET's who direct things here would know all about it's effect centuries ago ... they would , through mind influence get the human technical pioneers to choose these frequencies ...

Also the flicker rate of TVs is within the same range .. just put "flicker rate TV" in search ... the top items I get are about it's hypnotic effects!   

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

I'm the first to admit the official story given  for the choice of 50/60Hz does sound very logical and seems to have technical reasons ... but I'm not convinced ... The ET's who direct things here would know all about it's effect centuries ago ... they would , through mind influence get the human technical pioneers to choose these frequencies ...

Also the flicker rate of TVs is within the same range .. just put "flicker rate TV" in search ... the top items I get are about it's hypnotic effects!   

The engineering reasons for 50/60Hz are not fakeable. It's just a matter of trying different frequencies, looking at the measurements and analysing the data - no aliens required.

The TV flicker rate is a direct consequence of the mains frequency. Not so relevant now with modern electronics, but if you didn't lock the TV time base to the mains frequency you'd get horrendous vision effects without complex TV power supplies. And the weaker the signal the worse the effects.

Of course all this could be avoided with DC mains, but that brings up a whole lot of other much more complex problems.

Edited by Janet W

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Janet W said:

The engineering reasons for 50/60Hz are not fakeable. It's just a matter of trying different frequencies, looking at the measurements and analysing the data - no aliens required.

The TV flicker rate is a direct consequence of the mains frequency. Not so relevant now with modern electronics, but if you didn't lock the TV time base to the mains frequency you'd get horrendous vision effects without complex TV power supplies. And the weaker the signal the worse the effects.

Of course all this could be avoided with DC mains, but that brings up a whole lot of other much more complex problems.

DC is a great platform for many appliances, my induction heater runs off of an old Cisco server power pack at 42 volt DC @66 amp supply and boy does it rock, I can melt 3 ounces of silver in less than five minutes.

Edited by The Apprentice

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

DC is a great platform for many appliances, my induction heater runs off of an old Cisco server power pack at 42 volt DC @66 amp supply and boy does it rock, I can melt 3 ounces of silver in less than five minutes.

People forget or don't even know that almost everything operates on DC inside. This PC, all the circuits in your TV, a microwave oven, everything! (Well modern motors in washing machines and vacuum cleaners won't last long on 240 DC!) Anything generating light or heat will work equally well on either - or did before electronics got involved. Although domestic electronics (radios, TVs , amplifiers) of the 1930s to 1960s was designed to operate equally well on either AC or DC mains supply, and my old radios and TVs still do!

Edited by Janet W

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Janet W said:

People forget or don't even know that almost everything operates on DC inside. This PC, all the circuits in your TV, a microwave oven, everything! (Well modern motors in washing machines and vacuum cleaners won't last long on 240 DC!) Anything generating light or heat will work equally well on either - or did before electronics got involved. Although domestic electronics (radios, TVs , amplifiers) of the 1930s to 1960s was designed to operate equally well on either AC or DC mains supply, and my old radios and TVs still do!

What platform does the brain run on Doc.

Edited by The Apprentice

Just now, The Apprentice said:

What platform does the brain run on Doc.

The brain has various AC waveforms, but I'm not qualified to say if this is relevant to your question or not. Too many people here just make stuff up. Ask an expert. A brain surgeon for example.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Janet W said:

The brain has various AC waveforms, but I'm not qualified to say if this is relevant to your question or not. Too many people here just make stuff up. Ask an expert. A brain surgeon for example.

Edited by The Apprentice