Sign in to follow this  
ink

If you have nothing to do? Maybe consider this?

Posted (edited)

Shorty videos .... under 20 mins each .... maybe some new thoughts? Maybe not lol

ETHER & Ultimate reality as against Atomism

The ETHER & Quantum Physics new 'discovery' about energy

What defines what a MAGNET is? Qualitative, not Quantitative

Metaphysics of Human Intellection. 3 TYPES

Edited by ink

Posted (edited)

I watched the first video, I found I instinctively disliked this guy which was made worse by the way he talked, i.e. anyone who thinks different to me is stupid. Reminded me of someone....... :)

I'm sure he says a lot of stuff which is true, but I get the feeling that is mainly to make us more open to the made up stuff he wants us to believe. Here is a video of light travelling at 10,000,000,000,000 frames per second (the main event starts at 11 mins if you want to skip the build up). I love the comment they make about 'no human is supposed to see this' and very few ever will, feel quite priviledged to witness this. Looks like light travels to me.

Also what he says about virtual particles etc, mocking it all. Understandable at first, until you realise that virtual things actually have an effect in physical reality. In maths we have 'imaginary' numbers (to represent the square root of negative numbers) and I remember thinking 'whats the bloomin point!' - it turns out they work for AC electricity amongst other things. I once researched terra hertz imaging, and this also involved an 'imaginary' field which actually detected things in the real world. I imagine we just don't understand what is going on, but have developed a way to work things out which is accurate. We often do that, we know that if we do one thing then that leads to something else happening and we can develop a mathematical model to describe what we see without having a clue about why and how it happens. Like all forces, whether magnetism, gravity etc, we can describe what happens but we don't really know how or why, we guess at that and call it a theory. So we have an accurate equation for gravity to describe exactly what the effect will be on an object, but we still don't know what gravity is, just what it does.

On the flip side I agree that there must be an ether, a wave can't travel through nothing it needs a medium otherwise there's nothing to 'wave'.

Edited by Silent Bob
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree Bob .... my posting the videos is for people to consider other ideas and not be tied via indoctrination.

I also 'dislike' him .... but he does come out with some interesting concepts (or I consider that he does)

To me the aether is .... no it just is lol

I 'feel' that I interact with it and thus cannot remove said feeling.

The video's are just meant to be a path to another thought (right or wrong) which is for a 'self' to consider and decide upon.

:)

Edited by ink

22 hours ago, Silent Bob said:

Here is a video of light travelling at 10,000,000,000,000 frames per second (the main event starts at 11 mins if you want to skip the build up). I love the comment they make about 'no human is supposed to see this' and very few ever will, feel quite priviledged to witness this. Looks like light travels to me.

Hi Bob :)

I take it that this is the video ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ys_yKGNFRQ

and this is the paper ....

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41377-018-0044-7

The T-CUP system can capture a dynamic scene with spatial dimensions of 450 × 150 pixels and a sequence depth (i.e., number of frames per movie) of 350 frames in a single camera exposure. The frame rate of the reconstructed video is determined by v/d, where v is the temporal shearing velocity of the streak camera, and d is the pixel size of the internal CCD along the temporal shearing direction. By varying v, the frame rate can be widely adjusted from 0.5 to 10 Tfps.

In the video they state that a 100 billion frame exposure took 8 hours to produce.

And it is manufactured via a computer algorithm.

So it is not light which you see 'move' .... it is the product of human created software.

In effect it is (as they say) .... a movie :)

9 minutes ago, ink said:

Hi Bob :)

I take it that this is the video ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ys_yKGNFRQ

and this is the paper ....

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41377-018-0044-7

In the video they state that a 100 billion frame exposure took 8 hours to produce.

And it is manufactured via a computer algorithm.

So it is not light which you see 'move' .... it is the product of human created software.

In effect it is (as they say) .... a movie :)

Sorry, I just realised I forgot to post the link (doh!) but, yes that's the one. I haven't read the paper yet, just wanted to watch the pretty lights lol.

You've just reminded us of the problem with digital video/pictures, there is often software involved. Still, you could argue the same about anything we directly look at, detectors (eyes) pick up signals and our brain uses its software to decode this into a simulated image that we see in our head, we never really 'see' anything. So what we see is based on the light of the laser passing by, assuming they have run the experiment honestly.

• Like 2

all well and good, but does he know what going for a walk is? he could benefit from some self imposed inertia 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, rooey said:

all well and good, but does he know what going for a walk is? he could benefit from some self imposed inertia 

gGkSckm.gif

Ran out of like again .... shit concept to have within a forum .... Your post make me smile thank you

bBlDj75.gif