Sign in to follow this  

People of the forum, please give me constructive advice on my situation?

Question

I am still single who has never had a proper partner nor been in a relationship. I do get occasional hugs from female friends and colleagues that like me as an individual as I am so funny and relaxed. introverted yes, but I am not a total outcast, if I do know someone, I greet them and I do introduce and make effort to spark conversation with people regardless of their backgrounds.

I do have many acquaintances and a few friends. I am often the odd one out in gym class when we all pair up and workout in pairs, also for the vast majority of my life when I go out walking it is alone.

It seems like most people just view me as acquaintance material. I have taken two females out for coffee in the past two years however the first one I found out she were too young for me. Although she just viewed me as a friend as she told me about a guy she had a huge crush on. She's now with him.

The second one was not really interested in me after I messaged her. I made a few efforts to take her out to see a show she wanted to see locally however she did not seem interested and moved on as she's seeing my gym instructor/friend.

I am into my sports and spend a lot of time of my single life when not working, playing & watching sports. I know that majority of people I know as acquaintances have a positive opinion of me and seem to like me however nobody wants to get to know me on a more personal level or as a potential partner.

No females have displayed clear signs of interest in me. A lot of my other friends though have told me that females have displayed interest in them. I have also tried a dating site called plenty of fish before now and the Tinder app/site when I used to be on Facebook, and have not received a single like/swipe. I never ever got a reply back from a couple of messages received saying "Hi". Could my looks have something to do with this as well? However, I am tentative of using sites like tinder and plenty of fish. Would it be better to be offline in my pursuit rather than online?

On 9/12/2019 at 7:05 AM, zArk said:

EoTW ... enjoy single life to the full.

I always enjoy my single life to the full. It is what I do every day. However the odd person I know has accused me of being a player when, in the past, I have messaged more than one female friend but I am not a player, just me enjoying the moment being single as I can do what I want.

Posted (edited)
On 8/24/2019 at 9:40 PM, endoftheworld said:

I am still single who has never had a proper partner nor been in a relationship. I do get occasional hugs from female friends and colleagues that like me as an individual as I am so funny and relaxed. introverted yes, but I am not a total outcast, if I do know someone, I greet them and I do introduce and make effort to spark conversation with people regardless of their backgrounds.

I do have many acquaintances and a few friends. I am often the odd one out in gym class when we all pair up and workout in pairs, also for the vast majority of my life when I go out walking it is alone.

It seems like most people just view me as acquaintance material. I have taken two females out for coffee in the past two years however the first one I found out she were too young for me. Although she just viewed me as a friend as she told me about a guy she had a huge crush on. She's now with him.

The second one was not really interested in me after I messaged her. I made a few efforts to take her out to see a show she wanted to see locally however she did not seem interested and moved on as she's seeing my gym instructor/friend.

I am into my sports and spend a lot of time of my single life when not working, playing & watching sports. I know that majority of people I know as acquaintances have a positive opinion of me and seem to like me however nobody wants to get to know me on a more personal level or as a potential partner.

No females have displayed clear signs of interest in me. A lot of my other friends though have told me that females have displayed interest in them. I have also tried a dating site called plenty of fish before now and the Tinder app/site when I used to be on Facebook, and have not received a single like/swipe. I never ever got a reply back from a couple of messages received saying "Hi". Could my looks have something to do with this as well? However, I am tentative of using sites like tinder and plenty of fish. Would it be better to be offline in my pursuit rather than online?

You are probably coming across as too nicey nicey.

Don't be an orbiter - orbiters are just used as emotional tampons.

Next time you are at a bar or club, or wherever it is, notice who the women go home with and who they don't.

Edited by Guest

I did but as usual you deny the truth.

On 8/25/2019 at 2:24 PM, QuodHumana said:

Dating sites are a wonderful way to connect for love. However, you have to be patient, and you absolutely have to put photo's on your profile. Also, just be yourself. If you feel you are a good person, and you don't harm anyone, then you will be ok. Ladies will pick up on that. Confidence is also huge. 

All the best.

Hilarious utter Nonsense.

Dating sites are full of predators and paid models and those who just want some fool who will wine and dine them endlessly.

You are correct about confidence however.

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, Janet W said:

but only a couple of long-term friends resulted from that.

hahahahah

You mean he was the "friend" they used and they just unloaded on him 24/7 and moaned to him about their husbands or boyfriends.

Name one thing as friends they did for him.

You can't can you because they didnt.

Edited by Guest

On 8/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, Janet W said:

A friend of mine, Peter,  never had a girlfriend or any kind of sexual relationship. He went for counselling to try and find out what was going on in his head that seemed to put women off.

hahahaha

Don't listen to this horseshit brothers.

The reality of this world is stark but reality nonetheless.

23 hours ago, hayed joe said:

For me love is fleeting.

It's a Hollywood fairytale.

23 hours ago, hayed joe said:

It is however complete bollocks that "Better to have loved and have lost".

One wonders who invented that saying and promoted it constantly and why?

Posted (edited)
On 8/24/2019 at 9:40 PM, endoftheworld said:

Let me guess...

You sent her longish messages that you gt a two or 3 word response to.

You instantly responded with another long message.

Her response was two words long and took a long time to arrive.

you sent another message and after ten minutes with no response from her you sent another one.

Why is a partner so important to you?

You probably come a cross as desperate as you sound in this thread.?

i'm saying that to help you not to be nasty.

Enjoy your life do things for yourself - play it cooler -have confidence if she aint interested-so what move on -next.

All taht really matter is if you like yourself and respect yourself and can survive.

Life is a game of survival nothing more.

Think about it in hard logical way a wife and family is a liability as theamount of money you need to survive is far higher.

Are you really unhappy being single (you seem to have pals)or is it just society and conditioning making you think that.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Janet W said:

As you asked...

They often go on walks together. One of his friends has a dog as he enjoys dog sitting. They've been for meals together and talk about what bothers them. All quite easy as friends and nothing more. He has helped one of them with practical things around the house. The other has been a sort of unpaid counsellor.

So... those are more that one thing they did for him.

You seem remarkably negative. What's your problem then?

hahahha

so I was right then.

She off loads on to him-he's her emotional tampon-she doesn't give a shit about him-he's just an orbiter being used.

You told me whathe has done for her as a friend.

What has she done for him-oh yes nothing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Janet W said:

You really do have a number of problems don't you. We can all see your seven deeply negative posts above. Maybe you've just come home from the pub after rather too many port and lemons. Or just been dumped by your significant other. Either way, your vibes are not contributing in a positive way to this thread. Go away - only in MUCH stronger terms.

Janet

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

classic

I'd have bet £1million on you saying something along these lines "Or just been dumped by your significant other."

Don't listen to this horseshit brothers.

Old Uncle BS is telling you how shit really is,which way is up for your own good.

Edited by Guest

I did but as usual you deny the truth.

One can only hope he has the sense to see that old BS is telling the truth.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, endoftheworld said:

Thanks for all the input on here everyone, really much appreciated. I do like to enjoy my best life and I have a few social events lined up in the next month. Starting this weekend, I'll be enjoying a night out at a local club. Next weekend, out with a few colleagues on a work's night out. It's nice also I know a female or two that thinks I'm, and calls me, the 'Legend'.

The only advice on this thread you should listen to is that provided  by ,myself and Jackson's Ghost.

"calls me, the 'Legend'."

So you must be doing much for them -what do you get in return? Or are they just using you as an emotional tampon, or to buy them drinks or help them out with things.

Again I'm not being nasty but the world is full of users.

When I was in my 20s I knew a young woman called Jade she called me "twisted up, wide boy" and couldn't keep her hands off me.

Don't be like a little puppy dog fawning all over them and doing things for them do that and you will just get used.

Edited by Guest

Stop voting down my post's please Janet it's very silly every awake person in the world knows I'm telling the truth and that you are talking nonsense.