Sign in to follow this  
Red Pilled

Google Home Smart speaker

I received a Google Home Smart Speaker for free (or seemingly so) from BT. This can’t be good. Has anyone else? I had a renewal of my contract not long ago with them, so maybe they are dishing them out with every renewal/new one. I’m not sure if the dates coincided. I’ll have to do a little digging.

1734CAB4-3395-4F50-95D1-0535D79BC5C3.jpeg

Edited by Red Pilled

10 hours ago, Red Pilled said:

I received a Google Home Smart Speaker for free (or seemingly so) from BT. This can’t be good

Nothing like this can not be good. I'd never ever join BT now as I do not want anything like this. Imagine it's got the capability to listen in to anything said. Well it has and it is just another spying tool.

16 hours ago, Red Pilled said:

I received a Google Home Smart Speaker for free (or seemingly so) from BT. This can’t be good. Has anyone else? I had a renewal of my contract not long ago with them, so maybe they are dishing them out with every renewal/new one. I’m not sure if the dates coincided. I’ll have to do a little digging.

1734CAB4-3395-4F50-95D1-0535D79BC5C3.jpeg

I hope it went straight in the bin

The nerve to call it a smart speaker. It is obviously a smart listener so to say. Just add Smart beore the name of any  device and people to just ignore the listening and spying on you part.

And another spyker is on its way,

Smart speakers may be getting more and more popular, but there's an issue continuing to hold them back -- voice assistants still have problems understanding accents. This is particularly true in Britain, which despite its small geographic size has a broad range of accents.

This problem is being tackled by the BBC, which is preparing to launch its own voice assistant. As reported in The Guardian, the BBC has pledged that its upcoming assistant will be able to understand regional British accents.

The "Beeb" voice assistant will not come with its own hardware like an Amazon Echo or a Google Home device. Rather, it will be an additional feature for the BBC website and iPlayer app. The software will also be made available to hardware manufacturers who want to include it in their products.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/08/27/bbc-voice-assistant-accents/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9kdWNrZHVja2dvLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAH6jLvioi6nkxmdd2cHyPPcSbOX2GqQgrkltgFWYPVzKqmzcYu-wuAWPtISQMov6U8sfWEqPj58C87bWNHxpeXQlbrMbLvMlmhD1DrOg0057t7cqUcmhneC5enM48O7jv3kCSvHqnT02AUIBXdmHRDS7Jz7rOk8nqtv8AZojJPkl

Edited by The Apprentice