The Apprentice

Hands and minds thread

On 1/11/2020 at 12:34 PM, The Apprentice said:

Hands and minds

This is great, but l did wince a little when he took the grinder to the conrod :classic_ohmy: 
1) The piece still left will be flapping around, possibly destroying the inside of the crank cases, and
2) The engine cannot be put back as before, if needed, despite it looking perfectly fine and usable at the beginning .

29 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

This is great, but l did wince a little when he took the grinder to the conrod :classic_ohmy: 
1) The piece still left will be flapping around, possibly destroying the inside of the crank cases, and
2) The engine cannot be put back as before, if needed, despite it looking perfectly fine and usable at the beginning .

It was indeed a perfectly good running engine before it was hacked, here is a pointless excercise and a distraction, I will explain for those who do not see what is happening here.

As soon as the engine begins running it will pump oil up towards what was the cylinder whci will go everywhere, and if you removed the oil pump the main bearings and gearbox would last about a week before the whole system was ruined.

It could be put back as before if you have a press and know how to replace the conrod kit.

Most people viewing this will not understand how things really work like you and I do, and one of the reasons I added the video, to test the overall knowledge of seeing who has an understanding of how we are being distracted.

It is always best to start with a blank sheet and make a propper electric system instead of trying to convert something that was not designed to be originally.

• Like 1