Sign in to follow this  
Seeker

What are statins all about?

I don’t know much about statins other than they’re given to older people to prevent heart attacks but apparently actually do some damage to the body. Some info would be great please 😊

If you have a high chance of having a heart attack then statins are worth taking despite the side effects.

Tomorrow you could have a heart attack that will kill you but the statins will take years to kill you.

If you don't have a family history of your relatives dying young from heart attacks and you eat a healthy diet and take exercise and all that good stuff then don't bother with the statins.

Many people are in between those two extremes and the statistics show that in the long run taking statins is better.

Then it becomes your choice. 50:50. Heads or Tails?

Mod edit: Remove my comment as it is covered by the terms and conditions and I didn't need to make it .... my bad

12 hours ago, gregory-peccary said:

If you have a high chance of having a heart attack then statins are worth taking despite the side effects.

Tomorrow you could have a heart attack that will kill you but the statins will take years to kill you.

If you don't have a family history of your relatives dying young from heart attacks and you eat a healthy diet and take exercise and all that good stuff then don't bother with the statins.

Many people are in between those two extremes and the statistics show that in the long run taking statins is better.

Then it becomes your choice. 50:50. Heads or Tails?

Mod edit: Remove my comment as it is covered by the terms and conditions and I didn't need to make it .... my bad

Cheers I’m a young age so won’t be given them any time soon but I heard about how they’re not actually so good for us 

9 hours ago, Seeker said:

Mod Edit: In no way shape nor form does the David Icke social/forum give medical advice. The post is the members thoughts only and they are responsible for said post

What?!?

What is the name of this section? 'Health and Medical'

Have you read any of the other posts in this section?

50% at least needs that stern warning!

And what I wrote cannot be construed as medical advice by anybody. All I did was what Seeker asked, I gave a short reply with the barest of info on statins.

• Thanks 1

a family member was put on them.

caused their blood pressure to raise and blood sugars to increase.

they only knew this as they were monitoring both.

the gp said "you've had all the side effects apart from death"

not been right since coming off them.

avoid

Untitled8.jpg

Edited by bamboozooka
  • Thanks 1