Sign in to follow this  
jesuitsdidit

Parliament should Legislate to Block Prorogation

The real problem is that Politics is controlled by the Secret Satanic Government 

The people want one thing and the PTB want another and Parliament is caught in the middle.

But Parliament isn't allowed to disclose who really pulls the strings. 

A message to Labour and the Opposition Parties

In the coming days and weeks I don't think you should feel obliged to assume this Tory Government has any decency

They are scoundrels and the only way to treat them is as such. 

It's possible that a way around the Bill blocking NO DEAL will be found

It's even possible it was deliberately constructed with flaws to allow this

I thought John Bercow looked surprisingly calm today given how serious the situation is

And the best outcome now is for Article 50 to be revoked

If TPTB plan is to bring in a Global Currency on the back of a Global Economic Crash caused by a collapse of the UK economy which they could engineer post-Brexit, then we have to stay in the EU - we CANNOT leave. 

8 minutes ago, jesuitsdidit said:

I thought John Bercow looked surprisingly calm today given how serious the situation is

And now he won't be around when the SHTF..

If the EU refuse an extension then STAND-BY

That could be the signal that NO DEAL is coming

And that could mean we are heading into a Global Economic Crash which will result in a Global Currency and possibly even a One World Government 

Interestingly I learned today that the core Labour vote in the Referendum was for REMAIN.

It's true Labour constituencies voted LEAVE but apparently that was due to others in those constituencies voting Leave not the majority of Labour voters. 

8 hours ago, jesuitsdidit said:

And anyway Bercow has said Conventions can be broken 

Bercowitz is a pillock, anyway, jobs been done now, stiff upper lip and all that. 

BTW, I feel your avatar is disrespectful towards a section of society, a minority no less, please have some consideration for others. Thanks. 

17bd990ece488ffd.jpg

Edited by Lui

Jerkoff quits, 1 million pound pension and a wrecked parliament. Nice work Johnny. 

when Parliament created a referendum it was because Parliament was unable to decide the issue and required the people to act on its behalf

so the result came in

now Parliament is caught in the very thing that required it to pass the issue to the people

Parliament cannot decide, Parliament is incapable of moving beyond the chat.

When the Article 50 bollocks was begun it was clear that the losers of the referendum within Parliament were dishonourable scumbags who should be stripped of their status.

so with the OP question in mind;

1. thinking Johnson is in charge requires a huge amount of naivety

2. any action of Parliament seems to 'democratic' when opposing the referendum result and 'tyrannical' when pro referendum

3. parliament has been 'at it' for 3 years and it looks like for another 10 years on this acquired issue

4. prorogation does look deliberately timed but it was done for different reasons to Brexit

https://inews.co.uk/news/brexit/petition-prorogue-parliament-stop-boris-johnson-signatures-latest/

Petition to stop the prorogation of Parliament signed by over 1.6 million people

The number of signatures climbed rapidly following the row over the suspension of Parliament

Serina Sandhu2 weeksSaturday August 31st 2019

The i newsletter
News for free thinkers

A online petition calling for the Government to halt its plans to suspend Parliament has gathered more than 1.6 million signatures in just two days.

The increasing support for the appeal comes after Boris Johnson asked the Queen on Wednesday to prorogue Parliament from mid-September until 14 October.

On Thursday morning around 1,000 people were signing it every minute.

The petition, on Parliament’s website, has passed the 100,000-signatures threshold, which means MPs will consider debating the issue.

Read more:

Queen approves Boris Johnson’s request to suspend Parliament – limiting options for MPs to block no-deal Brexit

John Bercow: Boris Johnson’s plan to prorogue Parliament is a ‘blindingly obvious’ attempt to shut down Brexit debate

Boris Johnson’s prorogation letter to MPs in full: what the Prime Minister says about ending the parliamentary session

‘Do not prorogue Parliament’

The “do not prorogue Parliament” petition, created by Mark Johnston on 15 August 2019, says prorogation can only take place if Brexit is cancelled or if the exit deadline is extended. It reads: “Parliament must not be prorogued or dissolved unless and until the Article 50 period has been sufficiently extended or the UK’s intention to withdraw from the EU has been cancelled.”

Up until 28 August, it had gathered fewer than 100,000 signatures but numbers jumped following the row over the suspension of Parliament.

Mr Johnson spoke to the Queen on Wednesday morning to request an end to the current parliamentary session – a process known as prorogation.

The Queen approved the request at a meeting with the Privy Council – a group of senior politicians who advise the monarch – at her Balmoral estate on Wednesday.

According to an official statement, she consented to Parliament shutting down between 9 and 12 September until 14 October, when she will deliver the Queen’s Speech.

The Prime Minister insisted the decision was to allow his Government to bring forward new legislation but critics blasted the move as an attempt to hamper MPs’ efforts to block a no-deal Brexit.

A temporary suspension of a month gives MPs little time to implement legislation to avoid leaving the EU without a deal. They return to Parliament after summer recess on 3 September and Britain is due to exit the bloc on 31 October, regardless of whether or not a deal has been agreed upon.

The Queen approved Boris Johnson’s request to suspend Parliament (Photo: Reuters)
‘Shameful undemocratic plans’

On Wednesday, politicians against a no-deal Brexit were urging the public to add their support to the petition.

The Liberal Democrats’ Brexit spokesperson Tom Brake said: “Johnson’s plan to suspend Parliament is unprecedented, undemocratic and unacceptable. We must not let him shut down debate and stifle the voice of the people. Please sign this petition.”

Fellow Lib Dem MP Chuka Umunna, who defected from the recently-formed Independent Group for Change, tweeted: “You can show your opposition to Boris Johnson’s shameful undemocratic plans to prorogue Parliament by signing this petition.”

Labour MP Jo Stevens said: “If you’re outraged by the PM’s call to suspend democracy [please] sign.”

Any appeal on the official UK Government and Parliament Petitions website that secures 10,000 signatures is guaranteed a government response and 100,000 names sees the petitions committee consider it for debate by MPs.

William Hague says PM has committed a 'disgusting act of

William Hague says PM has committed a 'disgusting act of hypocrisy

Sorry about the large text - had a lot of problems with my tablets recently. 

Edited by jesuitsdidit

My feeling is Bercow has done a good job.

I think he has been willing to stand up to the Executive and allow Back-Benchers a greater voice.

But I am surprised that he has pulled out right in the middle of the battle.

Why do you think he did that?

Do you think the next Speaker will be more easy on the Executive? 

I want to know why Remoaners are so willing to destroy the democratic process. Turkeys voting for Christmas is the term. 

I'll not bother with your monologue anymore, its like plaiting fog, all you remain mob are doing is sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming lalala I can't hear you. 

Last time, why are you singling out a minority group as the felons, you wouldn't do it for Jews or blacks would you? 

I think it is irresponsible of the Leavers to keep saying the public is sick of this and just want us to get it done.

I don't agree.

Of course everyone wants progress and a resolution of the problem but not if it means a bad result.

We've already had to wait two years (since the election) and given the importance of the decision I'm sure they'd prefer to wait another year and get a good result than be pushed into an ill-thought-out "solution".

irresponsible has nothing to do with it

the referendum solved the unanswerable issue for parliament

parliament was before the referendum unable to decide

and

when it re-acquired the issue through skullduggery it proves it is unable to decide again

parliament has had its chance its better to honour the referendum immediately

Edited by zArk

38 minutes ago, jesuitsdidit said:

I think it is irresponsible of the Leavers to keep saying the public is sick of this and just want us to get it done.

I don't agree.

Of course everyone wants progress and a resolution of the problem but not if it means a bad result.

We've already had to wait two years (since the election) and given the importance of the decision I'm sure they'd prefer to wait another year and get a good result than be pushed into an ill-thought-out "solution".

It is not the public who are responsible for this mess.

The mess arises because there are those in Parliament who take their instructions from another group not the public.

If they genuinely want to find the correct solution they should recognise this fact and stop playing games.

Why the urgency when so much remains undecided?

The Tories may feel they look bad for not getting it done but that will be nothing compared to how bad they'll look if they get it wrong.

I repeat, there has not been a proper discussion, so how can anyone know what to vote for?

There has not been a proper discussion because initially the PTB plan was to block Leave but when they saw that opposition to the EU was growing they changed tack after realising that NO DEAL could be used to advance their objective (One World Government) by bringing in a One World Currency justified by a Global Economic Crash which would be caused by a collapse of the UK economy post-Brexit.

So, I repeat, we've gone from Absolutely NO to Absolutely YES. But never has REAL BREXIT been an option.

THIS IS WHY BREXIT HAS TO BE BLOCKED.

It doesn't matter whether you like or dislike the EU. That is not the issue.

THE ISSUE IS:

DO YOU WANT TO AID THE CREATION OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER OR NOT ?????????

THAT'S WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT

OK??

Edited by jesuitsdidit

I suggest everybody gets out there and make sure the campaign for REVOKE succeeds.

The only solution is REVOKING ARTICLE 50.

remember the egov petition by remoaners right after the brexit result that had 4 million signatures.

they were from all over the world

big number egov petitions are a scam

Untitled8.jpg

Edited by bamboozooka

Funny that Johnson who so profusely condemns the Silly State is now the figurehead of their plans.

Maybe someone is leaning on him. Who knows?

I suspect there may be quite a few senior figures in the Establishment who are capable of being leaned upon.

I don't agree with Tom Watson, Deputy Leader of The Labour Party.

He does not strike me as very experienced.

I'm actually very much behind Jeremy Corbyn.

Just now, jesuitsdidit said:

I don't agree with Tom Watson, Deputy Leader of The Labour Party.

He does not strike me as very experienced.

I'm actually very much behind Jeremy Corbyn.

In fact I would very much like to see a National Unity Government headed by Jeremy Corbyn

The public often actually prefers this kind of Government

I think this would be perfect at this time.

I think we'd get all the best bits without them going too far.

why are you responding to your own comments?

they aint even questions

emily thornberry has finally found a forum she can get an account on.

Untitled8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, jesuitsdidit said:

In fact I would very much like to see a National Unity Government headed by Jeremy Corbyn

The public often actually prefers this kind of Government

I think this would be perfect at this time.

I think we'd get all the best bits without them going too far.

You mean a minority imposing it's will over a majority type of Govt?

There's a word for that . It's called FACIST.

Why don't you middle class centre left ,used to be centre right, but have Tory values, just fuck 

off out of the Labour party before you destroy it forever ?

Morons .