Sorry if it's been posted before; just saw this this morning and thought it odd.

'Police launch 'Grab Bag' campaign but what does it mean?

The tweet read: "September is preparedness month. Emergencies can happen at any time and it’s recommended to have a #GrabBag ready containing essential items including medication, copies of important documents, food/water, torch, radio and other personal items #30Days30WaysUK #BePrepared."'

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-launch-grab-bag-campaign-16886159

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

wow that's odd huh that the police are considering emergencies that are of such scale and scope that it would need for people to actually upsticks and move to some safer ground!

i understand if you are living below a damn that is cracking and threatening to break that you might be prepared to move at a moments notice but why would people in manchester need to do that?

One of the worst crises that manchester faced in recent times was the bombing at the illuminati-puppet ariana grandes concert but that was a localised problem that didn't need anyone to grab a bag and evacuate their homes

strange...the world is just getting weirder and weirder

Edited by muir
  • Like 1

you will need more than a bag of popcorn and a flashlight if the infrastructure goes down for 30 days 

Just sayin

• Like 1

My friend posted something about martial law and No Deal Brexit earlier; I'll see if I can find it and see if it was a link or just an opinion.

Ah, here it is.

"Plans to introduce a martial law to prevent unrest in the event of a chaotic no-deal Brexit are being looked at by the country’s top planners. The civil service are ‘prepping’ for all possibilities including putting troops on the streets of UK cities to stop rioting over food shortages. Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed the move on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show."

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/27/martial-law-plans-being-prepped-to-prevent-riots-after-no-deal-brexit-8398256/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Edited by armoured_amazon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, armoured_amazon said:

My friend posted something about martial law and No Deal Brexit earlier; I'll see if I can find it and see if it was a link or just an opinion.

Ah, here it is.

"Plans to introduce a martial law to prevent unrest in the event of a chaotic no-deal Brexit are being looked at by the country’s top planners. The civil service are ‘prepping’ for all possibilities including putting troops on the streets of UK cities to stop rioting over food shortages. Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed the move on the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show."

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2019/01/27/martial-law-plans-being-prepped-to-prevent-riots-after-no-deal-brexit-8398256/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Project Fear 2.0

IMO the only entity that would withhold food from the people of the UK is the EU itself

Wouldnt surprise would it 

Vindictive buggers that they are

Crazy thing is though that under WTO rules the UK is free to make its own negotiations with other nations who supply food 

Saying that its never a bad idea to have a stock of something anyway even if limited space a few big containers of protein powder will keep you going awhile

Just need to add water to that 

In the event of some massive ifnrastructure failure the last thing Id do is head out onto the street with a bag full of cool toys lol 

Id be hunkering down with a bit of home protection for at least a couple of weeks 

And I dont mean a bag of johnnies either lol

Edited by MrA
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MrA said:

Project Fear 2.0

IMO the only entity that would withhold food from the people of the UK is the EU itself

Wouldnt surprise would it 

Vindictive buggers that they are

Crazy thing is though that under WTO rules the UK is free to make its own negotiations with other nations who supply food 

Saying that its never a bad idea to have a stock of something anyway even if limited space a few big containers of protein powder will keep you going awhile

Just need to add water to that 

In the event of some massive ifnrastructure failure the last thing Id do is head out onto the street with a bag full of cool toys lol 

Id be hunkering down with a bit of home protection for at least a couple of weeks 

And I dont mean a bag of johnnies either lol

Yeah, it's easy to do just getting an extra bag of this or that while shopping for groceries. I'd be heading for the hills as I'm in the city right now and people would turn feral in times of need. The martial law article is from January, but I imagine it still applies.  I remembered the UK riots this morning about ten years ago, maybe more. I can't remember the cause, someone died, but the destruction was crazy. People trashing stuff for the hell of it when they could have mobilised for change. 

riots are never in the areas they need to be. like in the square mile in london

Untitled8.jpg

Edited by bamboozooka

Most areas of  Britain don't need to worry about this.

Of those that do risk of flooding is probably the main cause and that will be in areas that have been flooded before.

Other weather  phenomenon like hurricanes are not so much of a problem here unless you live in one of the new builds. :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, serpentine said:

Most areas of  Britain don't need to worry about this.

Of those that do risk of flooding is probably the main cause and that will be in areas that have been flooded before.

Other weather  phenomenon like hurricanes are not so much of a problem here unless you live in one of the new builds. :classic_smile:

Oh god, those new builds are always awful. I don't know why anyone buys them!

Thinking about it one thing that could get nasty is if welfare payments are somehow cut or missed for a month or two 

If the EU has been funding ever.increasing hand outs they will need to be matched by the UK.

Something like that would be enough to cause large areas to descend into madness 

Its probably the only reason there are no mass.movements of people all ready

There are still enough free things being.handed out