LordZoma

This forum looks like trash made by a 10 year old

The other forum had a professional layout with lots of material on the page at once, tiny fonts, making it easy to scroll through everything.

Make the fonts smaller. Make it looks more like the other forum, or this place will never be taken seriously.

I can fit about 15% of the number of posts / topics on this forum as I could on the other. This is not an improvement. This is a joke.

I have thousands of posts on the other forum and now it's closed? Whose bright idea was this. Epic fail.

• Like 2

This move is also alienating and losing members. You think this forum will ever be larger than the other one? You're out of your mind.

It's one thing to create a new forum, but to force people from the other one onto this... this... POS? It's a travesty. It's a god damn travesty.

The other forum is arguably one of the most important forums on the planet, and now it's been closed and relegated to this.

SAD

Edited by LordZoma
  • Like 1

That's not the point.

It is being built on the corpse of a more important forum. So now you can't REPLY to any of the threads on the old forum?

This is a POS and it's a joke. It's a joke played on every person who ever utilized the old forum for sharing information.

It is an ego-trip by whoever had the power to CLOSE AND LOCK the old forum so that they could LEECH off the other members and build a forum of their own.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was controlled opposition used to manipulate the free-sharing and access of information on the other website to KILL IT.

This forum WILL NEVER have as many posts as the other forum. It WILL NEVER have as many members. And it WILL ALWAYS be a smack in the face to other forum.

I am disappointed. But more than that, I am appalled.

It's the quality of the content and discussion that makes a forum.

Why can't the best of the content from the old one be transferred over?

The layout of this forum is clean and simple which is the best approach.

better to use on a mobile...the old forum wasnt mobile tablet friendly

I was contrary at this change, for all of the reasons you wrote. But by now, what is done is done, let us hope only that the partecipation and the quality of the debates improve. I hope also the return of some old glories of the forum who were banned, for example Vancity Eagle (I greet you if you are reading!).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, It'sallbs said:

It's the quality of the content and discussion that makes a forum.

Why can't the best of the content from the old one be transferred over?

The layout of this forum is clean and simple which is the best approach.

I reopened the discussion about Trump and the NWO, posting the link at the old discussion to to loose the wire of the speech. I would suggest to do thus for every significative topic.

1 hour ago, zArk said:

This is a valid reason. I don't use smart-phone, I use old style mobile phone yet. But it's true that a lot of users navigate in the web by mobile phones.

Guest beware cats
On 3/3/2019 at 9:50 PM, alfredo79 said:

This is a valid reason. I don't use smart-phone, I use old style mobile phone yet. But it's true that a lot of users navigate in the web by mobile phones.

But that is a problem.  The mobile phones are monitored by the NWO so we are being monitored on them.    I am not convinced about reptilians but if they do exist then they will be listening.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with the old forum, but as others have pointed out, it wasn't mobile or tablet friendly. Well over 50% of the traffic to the site is from a mobile, or a tablet. 

Vbulletin charge a lot of money for upgrades, and given the forum is free to use, and makes zero money, there is only so much expenditure a small company can justify. 

Forums aren't used as much these days. That's across the board. From football forums to forums like this. Social media has taken away a lot of the posters. 

Now this forum is free to use, and hopefully will continue to grow over time. 

• Like 3

I think the new forum is very user friendly. It's leaner and easier to delve in and out of. I think it matches with changing media use

In a world where politicians make their point in soundbites and where people are skipping back and forth across the internet between multiple windows how do you get information to such an information hungry but time poor population whose attention never stays focused on any one thing for very long?

Information is going to need to get leaner and more accessible and I think this forum is rolling with the times

Keep up the good work!

Nothing wrong with the web site, it is clean looking, give it a chance.

• Like 2

On 3/3/2019 at 2:52 PM, zArk said:

And that's the problem.  Everything is getting dumbed down to look good on a 3-inch screen.  So the millenialls can read their headlines followed by one long sentence and they think that's the news.  It's like all the people who try to use twitter, another dumbed down mobile app, as a discussion app.  A forum is specifically designed to be a place where people discuss and debate.  Formatting it to be "mobile friendly" defeats that purpose and looks awful.   In the new formatting, 75% of the page is unused white space.

• Like 1

Guest David Stevenson
On 3/3/2019 at 3:06 PM, LordZoma said:

That's not the point.

It is being built on the corpse of a more important forum. So now you can't REPLY to any of the threads on the old forum?

This is a POS and it's a joke. It's a joke played on every person who ever utilized the old forum for sharing information.

It is an ego-trip by whoever had the power to CLOSE AND LOCK the old forum so that they could LEECH off the other members and build a forum of their own.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it was controlled opposition used to manipulate the free-sharing and access of information on the other website to KILL IT.

This forum WILL NEVER have as many posts as the other forum.

It WILL NEVER have as many members. And it WILL ALWAYS be a smack in the face to other forum.

I am disappointed. But more than that, I am appalled.

Then bring the conjecture from the old to the new, cut and paste and link.

The dynamism has gone from this forum. Sadly the edginess it once had has been lost. It'll be hard to get it back, but as someone said above,  the Icke forum has been one of the most important forums on the internet. So sorry everybody at Icke HQ but this forum layout is dreadful. Its not just this forum though - a lot of forums around the internet have taken on a softish look - bland, hard, no punch to them, and I wonder if that's by design?

I can understand archiving the old forum but why not carry on using the old format that everybody was familiar with? It's as if the punch has gone from this forum.

On 3/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, Penniston said:

The dynamism has gone from this forum. Sadly the edginess it once had has been lost. It'll be hard to get it back, but as someone said above,  the Icke forum has been one of the most important forums on the internet. So sorry everybody at Icke HQ but this forum layout is dreadful. Its not just this forum though - a lot of forums around the internet have taken on a softish look - bland, hard, no punch to them, and I wonder if that's by design?

I can understand archiving the old forum but why not carry on using the old format that everybody was familiar with? It's as if the punch has gone from this forum.

The old forum turned into a bullshit farm.

I think readmitting the old time users to this new forum might bring back a little more critical thinking and analysis.

I'm happy with it.