Sign in to follow this  
Crom

Cannot accuse anyone on here anymore

Can't call someone a homophobe on here now. David Icke can accuse people of being a paedophile with no tangible evidence but I cannot accuse someone on HIS FORUM of being a hater of gays and trans people.

Happy with this?

It's simple.

This forum shouldnt be used as a proxy to commit slander or libel on forum members or non forum members.

It places the website owners and moderators in a difficult position.

Find ways of using language to make a point that do not resort to namecalling and bear in mind humour and baiting for responses is part and parcel of a thriving forum.

Perhaps members that overtroll should lose post counts as an alternative to suspension or banning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If I may add .... cherry picking only that which you wish to discuss and promote helps in no way shape or form as the correct interaction is always provable.

On 9/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, serpentine said:

It's simple.

This forum shouldnt be used as a proxy to commit slander or libel on forum members or non forum members.

It places the website owners and moderators in a difficult position.

Find ways of using language to make a point that do not resort to namecalling and bear in mind humour and baiting for responses is part and parcel of a thriving forum.

Perhaps members that overtroll should lose post counts as an alternative to suspension or banning.

Oh calling someone a homophobe is illegal is it? Yeah and Icke is against such things. So I should be able to do as I please. Either that or take David's name of this forum

• Like 1

On 9/23/2019 at 7:14 PM, ink said:

If I may add .... cherry picking only that which you wish to discuss and promote helps in no way shape or form as the correct interaction is always provable.

Care to say that in English, George Orwell?

Edited by Crom

2 minutes ago, Crom said:

Care to say that in English, George Orwell?

You have a Private Message thread with me which we can use to discuss anything you feel is incorrectly done by my actions as a mod.

1 hour ago, Crom said:

Oh calling someone a homophobe is illegal is it? Yeah and Icke is against such things. So I should be able to do as I please. Either that or take David's name of this forum

No mention was made of illegalities but people can sue for damages.

How things can proceed varies, larger social medias have their own methods and criterias  but smaller website owners might see their service providers shutting them down as a last resort.

In a nutshell people with their own websites have the freedom to say what they like as long as they accept possible consequences.

Edited by serpentine

That's all very well but the minute you shut down speech you implicate yourself. 

I know, I know, it's a riddle etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lui said:

That's all very well but the minute you shut down speech you implicate yourself. 

I know, I know, it's a riddle etc. 

:)

I would like to say that I did not shut down Crom's thoughts .... Crom replied to a post which was not homophobic nor held any personal attack .... this is the post Crom reacted to:

https://social.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/1180-the-illusion-of-gender/&do=findComment&comment=39673

And Crom then proceeded to personally attack and accuse the member of various different things, which I then removed.

I have just been reprimanded and revived a point for" Abusive behaviour " I wounder if anyone could point out which part of the post is abusive ... I paste the WHOLE post below ...

This is all getting too ridiculous .... You have missed the elephant in the living-room the square   

Just look now at what's in front of you .... the square computer screen you are looking at , the square wall behind that , the square room you are sitting in ....

the square shape ( 4 sides at right angles)  is everywhere ... and there 's nothing sinister about that .... it's the geometry of reality .....  Carpets and other things come in rolls , if our rooms were not square ,  fitting carpets would be very awkward and wasteful ...

Square is the natural shape to build houses since gravity works at a right angle to the horizon .....

I should add , I'm no fan of the square(cube) .... in my building I'm always pushing away from that constraint ... but it is the default setting here ....

And what happens when you trim the corners off a square ??? you get an octagon , so we should expect to see octagons in buildings and elsewhere ... it surprising we don't see more of them..

or in any other shape , just because the cabal use them ... they use everything .

Look at this quote from Octavator ....

"..Whenever there is CONTROL - POWER - AND DEATH - the OCTAGON is never far away, be it ROUND - SQUARE - or TRIANGED!..."

So now everything is evil , the circle , square , triangle .... you have alienated yourself from reality and are living in a nightmare of your own making.

2 hours ago, oz93666 said:

wounder if anyone could point out which part of the post is abusive ... I paste the WHOLE post below ...

this is not a whole post,as i deleted abusive part.......🤔🤔

1 hour ago, Screamingeagle said:

this is not a whole post,as i deleted abusive part.......🤔🤔

There was no abuse on this post , according to my memory that's the whole post ..... The post is still on the original thread and does not indicate it has been edited by anyone ....

I would appreciate other moderators looking into this. 

1 hour ago, oz93666 said:

I would appreciate other moderators looking into this. 

The post was edited Oz .... the difference is that Members and Mods can 'see' different levels of editing.

Right now I am very busy but asap I will get back to you .... ok?

• Like 1

Ta for being patient Oz .... Monday morning catch up and all that.

So first the Edit. Your post was edited as shown here:

edit.jpg.b43b0ccd8c314c964ac9151c7d3bb238.jpg

What this shows is the edits made within the thread by members which also includes mods .... So this is for the one thread and the 'green comment' links directly to each post.

Screaming Eagle edited your post as shown.

Octovator (the Op of the thread) reported your post .... but they actually reported their reply (which is the second post down from yours here: https://social.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/1644-911-octagon-symbolism/&do=findComment&comment=41400 ) along with a 'note' about your post and asking to have all their posts removed and their account deleted!

If they had reported your post then we would have an exact copy of it, before any edit, but as they didn't .... we no longer have a copy (this is why it is important to report the exact post).

You can still see one sentence from before the edit within Octovators reply.

I have searched for any cached images but without success.

So .... the post was edited to remove any " Abusive behavior " and a warning point (without any restrictions) given to you.

Now I would like to discuss the member Octovator and their treatment by some forum members ....

They joined on March 1st but never made a post until last Thursday (26th September) .... it took less than 4 days before they asked to have their account deleted!

They made 4 threads and in total posted 22 times within those threads.

Each post they made was well constructed and held information which they must have felt very important to spend time researching and then sharing to 'open' minded and 'receptive' people.

They must have been rather shocked at the response they actually got!

In the first thread .... No replies just a 'confused reaction'. (this is the only reaction given to them)

Second thread .... replies which included 2 members who would be read as condescending and dismissive.

Third thread .... exactly the same response as the second .... 2 members who just read as dismissive.

Fourth and final thread .... replies but now 3 members who would be read as condescending and dismissive and the thread was taken off topic.

Nice.

Makes me wonder how long they took to research all that they consider important .... But more I wonder how long it took to build the courage within their self and build trust for the forum .... that eventually they posted?

• Like 2

To add to the above .... As mods we only have a limited structure to work with and when giving a 'warning' there is a dropdown and we select the closest 'offense'!

In your case Oz it was 'Abusive behavior' .... but we have to give a reason to admin for our actions.

The reason written for your warning is:

Unnecessarily intrusive and obstructive posts

• Like 1

Thanks very much for that detailed response ink ... Replying in this way,  in public  to minor difficulties must go a long way to ensuring harmony here ... And it gave a great insight into what's going on behind the scenes , moderation wise ...

I am still convinced my post was not changed ( but it doesn't matter) ... Octavator was clearly upset by the vigorous challenges he received , but if you post on a forum you should expect dissenters .  It's a pity he didn't rise to the challenge , let's hope he returns . We are all constantly adjusting our beliefs , perhaps the feedback he received here will help him move forward with his ideas.

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 11:05 AM, Crom said:

Can't call someone a homophobe on here now. David Icke can accuse people of being a paedophile with no tangible evidence but I cannot accuse someone on HIS FORUM of being a hater of gays and trans people.

Happy with this?

There is a vast amount that is censored or deleted at this site. There must be a huge list of banned subjects and forbidden words. It would be useful if we knew what they were.

I recommend taking screenshots.

25 minutes ago, Reinold said:

There is a vast amount that is censored or deleted at this site. There must be a huge list of banned subjects and forbidden words. It would be useful if we knew what they were.

I recommend taking screenshots.

lol .... there are no banned subjects nor any forbidden words ( actually the concept made me laugh ) .... and the amount of edited or deleted content is very small AND is limited to only a handful of posters!

Now lets consider why a few members may be 'upset' that their posts get 'attention' from the mods? It is not difficult to work out .... they troll threads in order to 'hide' information by either starting an argument, with a single sentence, or posting off topic to derail a thread and they never give any constructive information within their posts!

They are not welcome here .... :)

Oh and what do you think screenshots could accomplish? lol

• Like 1

Homophobia is fine if that's how you feel, what's the problem here? Are we going all PC and gay or what? 

4 hours ago, Lui said:

Homophobia is fine if that's how you feel, what's the problem here? Are we going all PC and gay or what? 

They crossed the line demanding access to Schools to praise their own sexual habits 

Thats it for me

Im off the tolerance train 

On 9/23/2019 at 6:42 PM, serpentine said:

ahh the crux of it, pre-claim actions

the crazy thing is if the mods deleting or editing posts on behalf of someone else before a claim is made

7 minutes ago, zArk said:

the crazy thing is if the mods deleting or editing posts on behalf of someone else before a claim is made

It is difficult .... the 'rules' state:

"We are not responsible for comments posted on all sites by our readers. We will however attempt to remove or edit posts which are deemed to contain racist or homophobic remarks, personal abuse, libel, copyrighted material, excessive swearing, references to illegal activities and requests for CD keys or pirated software. "

But to hold hard and fast to that would be even harder!

And the word 'deemed' .... well who decides?

Is it the members or admin and mods?

• Like 1

We are not responsible for comments posted on all sites by our readers. We will however attempt to remove or edit posts which are deemed to contain racist or homophobic remarks, personal abuse, libel, copyrighted material, excessive swearing, references to illegal activities and requests for CD keys or pirated software.

who is the target of this?

i am befuddled.

clearly a private forum would remove this ambiguity  but a publicly viewed forum *can* be open to abuse of claim by idiots