Seeker

Greta Thunburg

1 minute ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Heh I twigged that one back in the 1980s! Logic would dictate that the uber wealthy fund the poverty stricken countries and assist them in building the infrastructures so they can be self sufficient and grow out of poverty,  and not siphon it off people who are just living  a basic late 20th century lifestyle,  but we know the elite do not follow logic but evil and selfishness. 

Indeed they do

And promote that way of thinking as the model for all 

Use use use use use 

6 minutes ago, MrA said:

Remember the song ?.

Feed the world

Let them know its Christmas time

How cynical was that all things considered ? 

Tugging on the altruistic heart strings of the western world remining them its christmas even though they themselves are satanic all the way 

It was the same shit with Nelson Mandella

Freeeeee Nelson Mandella , the song went

And he was actually in jail for blowing trains up full of white children 

Shit you not

I have never heard that before Mr A. If that is proven to be true then that is of course a terrible act- children should be left out of every conflict.

17 minutes ago, MrA said:

We should have realized something was up when we were asked to feed the world before we had fed ourselves

12 minutes ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Heh I twigged that one back in the 1980s! Logic would dictate that the uber wealthy fund the poverty stricken countries and assist them in building the infrastructures so they can be self sufficient and grow out of poverty,  and not siphon it off people who are just living  a basic late 20th century lifestyle,  but we know the elite do not follow logic but evil and selfishness. 

Back in the 80s when the original Band Aid / Live Aid appeal went out, it seemed fair enough; we were told that there were millions of children starving in Africa, and that we should all do what we could to help. Millions of pounds were raised, and we were told about all these 'great things' that were being done to help these people in Ethiopia.

Fast forward thirty years, and Band Aid were at it again. Apparently despite the millions of pounds that had been 'sent to Africa', somehow millions of children were STILL starving and living in abject poverty. THAT was when I started to question things. Oh and of course by this time 'Sir' Bob Geldof and Bono were multi-millionaires themselves, urging the poor folk in Britain to 'give what you can'.

And of course Children In Need = "hedge-fund managers in need"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Grumpy Owl said:

Back in the 80s when the original Band Aid / Live Aid appeal went out, it seemed fair enough; we were told that there were millions of children starving in Africa, and that we should all do what we could to help. Millions of pounds were raised, and we were told about all these 'great things' that were being done to help these people in Ethiopia.

Fast forward thirty years, and Band Aid were at it again. Apparently despite the millions of pounds that had been 'sent to Africa', somehow millions of children were STILL starving and living in abject poverty. THAT was when I started to question things. Oh and of course by this time 'Sir' Bob Geldof and Bono were multi-millionaires themselves, urging the poor folk in Britain to 'give what you can'.

Its all been a massive lie 

The UK had problems of its own that were rampant and have only become worse

But I dont see many superstars organizing for them

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrA said:

Its all been a massive lie 

The UK had problems of its own that were rampant and have only become worse

But I dont see many superstars organizing for them

And this is where it ties in with the Greta Thundberg 'phenomenon'... Band Aid / Live Aid was 1984/1985? I was a child myself at the time, and while I can't remember exactly how I felt at the time, I can see how children that age at that time like myself would have been horrified at what was being shown on our TV screens. "We must do something" we would have implored our parents, probably already struggling to make ends meet.

Sheer propaganda.

And yes, there were problems in the UK as well at the time with people living in poverty (as we still have now), just as much as there would have been Americans living in 'extreme poverty' at the same time as Gates and Bono were lecturing Americans about extreme poverty in the rest of the world.

We've been lied to for years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The media in the day conveniently fogot to mention that civil wars was much of the cause of the starvation, using weapons we sold them, the women could not go out into the fields to plant yet alone harvest the crops due to bullets flying, we live in a messed up world and always will if we keep giving without questioning those at the top of the MIC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

The media in the day conveniently fogot to mention that civil wars was much of the cause of the starvation, using weapons we sold them, the women could not go out into the fields to plant yet alone harvest the crops due to bullets flying, we live in a messed up world and always will if we keep giving without questioning those at the top of the MIC.

And the money the west sent to these countries ended up in the pockets of the tyrannical rulers who were living in luxury leaving their people to starve and live in poverty.

The British public generously donated to causes like Live Aid expecting that the starving people would be fed and lifted out of poverty.  ( Probably many people who donated were  living on modest incomes and may have cut back on their  own budgets in order to donate ). Since this largely did not happen people have grown weary of endlessly donating. Now we are getting to see that many of these "charities" are corrupt, such as Oxfam whose employees were found to be abusing the very people they were supposed to be helping. That did it for me- I have not set foot inside an Oxfam charity shop since ( either to buy anything or donate to them). I stick to my local animal rescue charity shop these days, and occasionally the Barnardos shop. For a couple of years I donated £2 a month to the Bumble Bee Conservation Trust ( I know it wasn't much but I was unemployed).  I plan to re start that at some point in the near future.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack

7 minutes ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

And the money the west sent to these countries ended up in the pockets of the tyrannical rulers who were living in luxury leaving their people to starve and live in poverty.

The British public generously donated to causes like Live Aid expecting that the starving people would be fed and lifted out of poverty.  ( Probably many people who donated were  living on modest incomes and may have cut back on their  own budgets in order to donate ). Since this largely did not happen people have grown weary of endlessly donating. Now we are getting to see that many of these "charities" are corrupt, such as Oxfam whose employees were found to be abusing the very people they were supposed to be helping. That did it for me- I have not set foot inside an Oxfam charity shop since ( either to buy anything or donate to them). I stick to my local animal rescue charity shop these days, and occasionally the Barnardos shop. For a couple of years I donated £2 a month to the Bumble Bee Conservation Trust ( I know it wasn't much but I was unemployed).  I plan to re start that at some point in the near future.

This is how global and charitable corruption works, any charitable foundation is already infiltrated with bribery gangs who can extract whatever they so choose, one of the largest is the Masonic foundations, this is why I never give to any of these establishments.

Many of the countries in Africa send their princes to Britain to be educated, our own donations are funding their education and or untrustworthy future leaders and then we keep them in furure clover comfort when they return, this is a well known phenomenon, even Maddella was funded by the British tax payer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

This is how global and charitable corruption works, any charitable foundation is already infiltrated with bribery gangs who can extract whatever they so choose, one of the largest is the Masonic foundations, this is why I never give to any of these establishments.

Many of the countries in Africa send their princes to Britain to be educated, our own donations are funding their education and or untrustworthy future leaders and then we keep them in furure clover comfort when they return, this is a well known phenomenon, even Maddella was funded by the British tax payer.

The truth is that most 'big charities' are just financial scams, designed to fleece money out of unsuspecting individuals who wrongly believe they are "doing what they can to help".

Its just another form of tax, whereby honest people part with their money and hand it over to wealthy corporates via hedge-funds. Little of the money raised by these charities ever sees those these charities are intended to 'benefit', instead going to pay huge sums in salaries to chief executives and senior managers (whatever happened to people 'volunteering' their time to help charities?) or to sit in hedge-funds in order to be 'invested' in other schemes, with those in need drip-fed some of what is earned by these funds through interest.

I recall reading a story sometime back, where the King/Prince of Ethiopia at the time, used some of the money that his country had been given through Band Aid / Live Aid appeals to treat himself to a private jet. And of course there have been other stories through the years where charity appeal money has gone into buying arms and weapons. Because of course these things really help to lift ordinary people out of abject poverty and starvation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

And Kim Jong Un even went to Europe to be educated as well!

1 hour ago, Grumpy Owl said:

The truth is that most 'big charities' are just financial scams, designed to fleece money out of unsuspecting individuals who wrongly believe they are "doing what they can to help".

Its just another form of tax, whereby honest people part with their money and hand it over to wealthy corporates via hedge-funds. Little of the money raised by these charities ever sees those these charities are intended to 'benefit', instead going to pay huge sums in salaries to chief executives and senior managers (whatever happened to people 'volunteering' their time to help charities?) or to sit in hedge-funds in order to be 'invested' in other schemes, with those in need drip-fed some of what is earned by these funds through interest.

I recall reading a story sometime back, where the King/Prince of Ethiopia at the time, used some of the money that his country had been given through Band Aid / Live Aid appeals to treat himself to a private jet. And of course there have been other stories through the years where charity appeal money has gone into buying arms and weapons. Because of course these things really help to lift ordinary people out of abject poverty and starvation.

Charity executives and managers- the dream jobs of leftist youngsters studying politics and gender studies at university. :classic_wink:

These despots must be laughing themselves silly at the generosity of the people of the west. They know all they have to do is leave their fellow countrymen, women and children (especially) to live in slums and starve and the "celebrities" of the west will start "campaigning" for the plebs of their own countries to start donating. 

1 hour ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

And Kim Jong Un even went to Europe to be educated as well!

Is there no pie we don't have our corporate finger inside, we have Mr John Dee and her majesty Elizabeth 1st navy to thank for all of this, when he sailed the world setting up what was basically the very first free trade movement, termed, "Interdependance". which stole every sovereign entities freedom and made it dependant.

Edited by The Apprentice
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Is there no pie we don't have our corporate finger inside, we have Mr John Dee and her majesty Elizabeth 1st navy to thank for all of this, when he sailed the world setting up what was basically the very first free trade movement, termed, "Interdependance". which stole every soverein entities freedom and made it dependant.

Its why there is also a proliferation of Indian and South African doctors in the UK

The UK people paid via their own taxation to set up the universities to train them 

And their credentials are recognized the world over

Another.example of globalism.before globalism became a topic of conversation

Or should I say another example of the UK ((( elites ))) taking resources from the indigenous brits and handing it to someone else because.obviously its better to fund Universities 10 thousand miles from the shores of England than it is to empower your own people

• Thanks 1

Brian May, ex Queen band member who is allegedly 'passionate' about climate change attended the latest extinction rebellion protest in the UK. How did he get to and from the UK? On a chartered luxury private jet out of Farnborough. Carbon footprint anyone? Sickening hypocrisy and virtue signalling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bee said:

Brian May, ex Queen band member who is allegedly 'passionate' about climate change attended the latest extinction rebellion protest in the UK. How did he get to and from the UK? On a chartered luxury private jet out of Farnborough. Carbon footprint anyone? Sickening hypocrisy and virtue signalling.

That guy single handedly put a hole in the ozone layer with his own consumption of hair spray 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Bee said:

Oh dear. I thought he was alright as celebs go. Why can't they pledge their support via a live video online? And then make a donation to fund renewable energy technologies? There's a few energy companies such as Bulb who provide energy out of renewables who would be glad to receive a big donation so that they can keep on developing and offering energy that is "low carbon"  to their customers. That would make more of a difference than flying in a private jet and holding up placards in the streets and having your photo taken with "activists."

May has a phd in astrophysics, surely he should know of ways to fund renewable technologies! Highly illogical.

Why isnt Greta campaigning against 5G which is one of the greatest threats to the future of the planet and humanity? Is it because she is the grip of those who are promoting it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/2/2019 at 9:52 PM, itsnotallrightjack said:

There's a few energy companies such as Bulb who provide energy out of renewables who would be glad to receive a big donation so that they can keep on developing and offering energy that is "low carbon"  to their customers.

The way I look at it, even these 'green' energy companies such as Bulb are part of the scam too. They claim on their website "We provide our members with 100% renewable electricity from solar, wind and hydro. Plus, our gas is 100% carbon neutral. "

Which all sounds very noble, and is great for those who can boost their virtue-signalling credentials by boasting how their home is powered by "100% renewables", well those who can afford to pay the increased energy prices charged anyway.

Because the truth is that unless Bulb come to your house and rip out your existing mains supply connections and wire you straight into a nearby wind/solar/hydro farm, your energy is still coming from the same 'national grid' as everybody elses does. So how on earth can you 'prove' that your electricity supply is "100% renewable"? How do you even know?

I'm currently with nPower, and after a years worth of usage, my gas/electricity bill now averages out to about £45 a month. I just got a 'quick quote' on the Bulb website, and apparently I can 'save £108 a year', by signing up to receive 'green energy' for £55 a month 🤔. Some of the claims that energy suppliers make are very misleading, in my opinion, and I really don't trust any of these 'switching' websites either. "But they're so convenient!" is the common cry, but be warned, all they do is tempt you in with 'low price tariffs' and bogus claims on how much you can save by switching - based on 'estimates' of course - then watch your direct debits increase once they've actually got some energy usage data from you to measure.

So for all I know, the electricity coming into my home already might be 100% renewable, or it could be 100% 'dirty'. Its not like you can do a taste test or sample...

• Like 1

..... Plus, our gas is 100% carbon neutral. "

Which all sounds very noble....

Where do I sign up for helium powered cehtral heating? :classic_smile:

• Like 1

So for all I know, the electricity coming into my home already might be 100% renewable, or it could be 100% 'dirty'. Its not like you can do a taste test or sample...

The root issue with energy connection to a home is 'who owns the cable or pipe'?

You can change supplier every day but it makes no difference, as the structure which brings the 'energy' to your home never changes and thus the 'actual' owner of the 'energy'  is those who own the infrastructure....?

Who also in reality own all of the corporate choices you could make as to a 'supplier'!

• Like 1