Well into a second week of severe  weather for some of the States with storms and tornados whistling through like trains followed up with widespread power loss, flooding and flash flooding with water management systems under significant stress.

Quite difficult to get a grasp on events over such a large area.

https://youtu.be/dkTxiVdXJVE

I dont know how these guys recover from having their homes and possessions turned into a pile of rubble...will there come a time when the insurance money runs out because these events seem to be increasing? thats if they are insured

Insurance quotes will rise one imagines but the breaking point of the insurance industry is a hypothetical one.

Posted (edited)

The US has moved from the severe weather season to hurricane season now and in addition to a system expected to drop widespread heavy rain in the coming days in the Mississippi river basin and the continued melting of well above average snowpack the remnant of a weak named storm system is sneaking over the Mexico border heading for Texas and all points East arriving possibly just in time for the opening of the Morganza spillway.

Despite the efforts of the corps of engineers and others temporary barriers are intermittently failing along with long standing levees that were never designed.to hold back this quantity of moving or stagnant waters for this amount of time.

Edited by serpentine

3 hours ago, serpentine said:

Things relatively unchanged in the US as the Sun strengthens Her grip meanwhile Monsoon season continues here in the Midlands with heavier rains roundabout causing problems to many tucked away in the high valleys North and North East.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/reservoir-sealed-police-people-told-16681771

I do have some sympathy for those affected badly by the recent heavy rain.

But thanks for that link, I now have a better understanding of how Reach Plc (formerly Trinity Mirror) fills all its 'local news' websites.

My local one is the Birmingham Mail, and people are noticing and questioning why 'major news' stories in recent weeks have been on stories from Grimsby, Manchester and Kent.

We keep seeing stories 'warning about thunderstorms and floodings' which never materialise.

Turns out most of the articles are 'copy-and-paste' jobs, just subsititute 'Birmingham' for which ever region/area the story first originates:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/whaley-bridge-evacuated-warning-danger-16683424

Dorian did indeed fire up to category five level with gusts up to 225 mph and in some places reshaping the very coastline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rnz9MhVdOU

The primary instigator at the scene framed by Garrett Black in a hurricane hunter plane

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDaKZWVXoAEIRhC.jpg  

... released and balanced the full spectrum of required elements (space weather, stored solar energy in the waters and atmospheric pressure systems to keep Dorian over the Bahamas for two solid days before it letting it move sedately off towards the US mainland.

Unseasonal weather arrives before the leaves start turning to the colour of her hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nByFza5YUwE

So harvest time deciimated in some areas rounding off a bad year for farmers with yields in the staples down around 30% for farmers in the US, Australia and elsewhere.

Planting decisions will have to be made early next year but whether corporate agriculture can cope without more bankruptcies is anyones guess.

Financiers, speculators and the USDA are playing fast and loose as ever but failure to keep food prodution maximised will be of growing concern.

The second bout of snow long expected by weather watchers arrived in the Great Plains covering a huge area and dropping temperatures in record breaking fashion.

Motorists badly hit wih hundreds of accidents but it's the farmers once again caught on the hop and taking the brunt with immature and low yield crops still weeks away from harvesting with much in fields that won't even  take the heavy gear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HFemu6wiU

Over the border Canada is similarly hard hit and the crop killing frost zone extends far beyond the snow there and in the US.

Air of desperation thereabouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUR0KywWbfM

Some farmers got the harvest in just in the nick of time but heavy rain in the previous week will mean extra drying costs and loss of growing time will also reduce yields.

Ice Age Farmer estimates a minimum of 10% loss to the annual total US corn crop in just a few days though it will be months before the full data is gathered.

North of the border emergency declared with 250,000 without power at start.

The jetstream dip doesn't just mean cold weather coming South it means cold weather coming South fast with 80 mph sustained  blizzard conditions that has downed leaf laden trees in their thousands, trashed local electricity supply poles in their hundreds and in this case has also bent, buckled and collapsed more substantial transmission masts of girder construction. The latter is more serious and if regular repeated significant upgrading to the system may needed if the solar minimum extends.

Edited by serpentine

The weather in Western Canada has been nasty.  Very early winter, snow everywhere.  I would venture it's going to be a very messy, long winter for much of us, as a result of the number of massive volcanic eruptions that have been happening world wide for the last 7-8 years.  The ash and dust blocks out the sun's effective refraction, and the temperature drops.

I don't know if people are into historical weather records, but these things come and go in cycles.  There have been early winter weather, droughts, over heating -- the 1930's during the depression in North America, there are heat records that still stand, followed by temperature drops that do as well.  In 1962 in England, massive snow bomb hit, freezing temperatures, records that still stand.  Heat waves that predate air conditioning where people perished, cold snaps, intense flooding.  We lived near a lake when I was a child, beach frontage, we had a flood I can remember where our lake rose upwards of 8 feet after a prolonged period of rain, washing out a bridge, closing roads, luckily lots of people had water craft.  This would have been 1971 - ish.  I was 4 or 5.

It's not being dismissive about what's going on, but it is  about being informed and not getting caught up in hype.  Nature has it's own course outside of us and what we do.  We should be more environmentally conscious and use cleaner energy sources, but you can thank the twisted PTB who make MONEY off of toxic energy sources and have created automobiles, air pollution, adding things to food that don't need to be there, dumping of industrial waste.... I didn't make any automobiles, and I've NEVER owned one.   I ride a bicycle, walk or use public transit.  I'm all for the cleaner energy alternatives that have always been there, but I/you/we don't make those decisions, they are made for us.  WE are not the issue.  I certainly didn't suggest that they attempt global engineering either, it seems to have  a hand in creating catastrophe as well.

Some things in nature we can't control and thre are most certainly precedents for the weather issues we see now.  We are subject to the whims of nature, we are all very small in the eye of a hurricane or the force of a tornado.  That's just the way it is.  As for the rest, madmen dictate the terms, we can do away with their influence and shut them down through civil disobedience and a cohesive, direct plan for action that everyone is willing to follow.  There's a problem there though, isn't there?  Yes.  People are by and large hypnotized, distracted, and generally rendered ineffective.  It is what it is.  Let me know when folks are ready to give it up and get it on.  I'm on board.

North of the border still and the big guy tells the CEO how it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV9Zwp11bmU

The final numbers round up to 3,500 damaged poles with assessment being delayed as the weather system moved away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l28rLdjmXlo

How many of those are metal structures has not been revealed but if they are replaced with more of the same then one might expect more of the same and not necessarily in the fall.

The crews seem to thrive on the challenge which at this level of damage is also a big  logistical one requiring help from "international rescue " from across the border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L859XSf_FHw

Edited by serpentine

we are near the end of spring in Australia and they extended the ski season 4 weeks ago

Jetstream waviness is occuring in both Northern and Southern hemispheres with  Australia taking another big hit at it's agricultural production this week.

MSM and various agencies ignoring the recent cooling trend in the NA continent where there are 3 more cold fronts passing though to the East and South East killing off  the remaining crops that haven't time to mature with the late planting season. Several youtube channels have some of the news to list a few  Adapt 2030, GSM channel, Ice Age Farmer,  Oppenheimer Ranch et Al*

* I could be wrong but Al might be a  climate alarmist they found wandering the hills of Pagosa in a distressed state.**

He doesn't pay his way but whines a lot and occupies the coldest room at the ranch. Cruel?  No! It's the only thing that stops him "Burning Up!"

** Colorado isn't a distressed state just yet.  :classic_unsure:

Edited by serpentine

The second front opens up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iXdR0zX3TM

Msm explains where the cold is coming from but glosses over why (against  the narrative of the agenda)  it's breaking record colds from decades ago when man made influence wasn't a problem.

Edited by serpentine

Here is an interesting talk on how the falling numbers and quality of grain are effected by pre germination levels due to unsuitable weather during the germination problems.

As the Northern hemisphere reaches certain levels then the global food drought begins in earnest.

In this vid he doesn't cover  the damage done to the seed crop yields in the heart of the growing zone that has recently occurred nor the flooding of low lying silos.

Having to re sow entire crops due to transient and widespread weather effects has a huge effect on profitability as well as straining the resources of seed supply companies to meet demand. Sequential difficult years as the Sun "does a number" on the North American continent may well push things to a breaking point.

But there are plenty of clued up farmers out there on these subjects some of whom are possibly rightly concerned about expressing their thoughts to a wider audience.

Check back a few vids for the one censorship on sensitive issues.

In the mean time Storm Dorothy reached Kansas and now putting the fear of god into god fearing Americans sees a bomboGenesis create  storm Ezekiel as a follow up.

Expect snow in Biblical proportions in the higher reaches.