Sign in to follow this  
ink

The truth about organ donation

On 10/12/2019 at 7:20 AM, zArk said:

o_0

I agree mate .... while I can 'see' the fear most have of dying .... this shit is bad!

Three and a half days the 'essence' stays and 'feels' with the physical form ....

Just a heads up reminder ....

England.

From spring 2020, organ donation in England will move to an 'opt out' system. You may also hear it referred to as 'Max and Keira's Law'.

This means that all adults in England will be considered to have agreed to be an organ donor when they die unless they have recorded a decision not to donate or are in one of the excluded groups.

Scotland.

From autumn 2020 if you die in circumstances where you could become a donor and have not recorded a donation decision, it may be assumed you are willing to donate your organs and tissue for transplantation. This is commonly referred to as an ‘opt out’ system and will apply to most adults resident in Scotland.

Wales.

The legislation for Wales is ‘deemed consent’. This means that if you haven’t registered an organ and tissue donation decision (opt in or opt out), you will be considered to have no objection to becoming a donor.

Northern Ireland.

The current legislation for Northern Ireland is to opt in to organ and tissue donation; you can do this by joining the NHS Organ Donor Register and sharing your decision with your family. You can also record a decision not to be a donor.

Guernsey.

Currently supports an ‘opt in’ to organ and tissue donation model. You can do this by joining the NHS Organ Donor Register and sharing your decision with your family. You can also record a decision not to be a donor.

Jersey.

In April 2018 the Jersey States Assembly passed legislation that saw the Island move towards a deemed consent system, but with the ability for individuals to ‘opt out’ if they wish. The new legislation took effect on 1st July 2019.

Isle of Man.

The current legislation in the Isle of Man is to opt in to organ and tissue donation, you can do this by joining the NHS Organ Donor Register. You can also record a decision not to be a donor.

Just saying ?

4 minutes ago, ink said:

Just a heads up reminder ....

England.

From spring 2020, organ donation in England will move to an 'opt out' system.

i believe that they should have an opt in system for many things

for example when you go on a website and they ask you if you are ok with it using cookies i think that they should always assume that people DON'T want cookies and that if they want cookies they can choose to opt in

Also with exposure to things like 5G and wifi i think it should be an opt in system. I think it should be illegal to subject people to these things unless they opt in

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Due to current events .... Just bumping this thread

In May .... You become opted in to organ donation in England.

Used to love reading  arum’s posts on the old forum. Again never joined, just read. Do they post here? If not, are they likely too?

Not read the whole thread so apologies if it’s covered - I found out that we are automatically down for donation unless we say no. I’ve definitely said no and won’t give blood anymore either. No twisted parasite is having anything from me that they haven’t already squeezed out of me.  

Ink, you can opt out. See my post above.

• Thanks 1