Golden Retriever

The Vegan Agenda

If anyone wants to be vegan, than that´'s absolutely fine by me, but I see a conflation with climate change activists and veganism.

I don´t know too much about nutrition, but I suspect veganism for children and adolescents may not be good for them. Calcium afaik in

soy milk is lower than in cows milk, and thus may be a factor in rickets.  Surely young people need protein for growing muscles?

The media is promoting veganism.  What will happen to the livihoods of meat and dairy farmers if a significant

number of people become vegans? What would happen to the fishing industry?

Jamie Oliver, the darling of the media has a new series about vegetables.

Jamie's Meat-Free Meals

Mondays at 8:00pm on Channel 4: Jamie's new TV show that makes veg the hero.

recipe-asset.png?tr=w-181,

In England Forest Green rovers Football Club is the first Vegan Club!

I watched an interview last night when the owner or manager was talking about climate change and all the methane gas from cows!  Surely the world

is not facing Armageddon because of some cattle farting?

The world’s first vegan football club

In 2017, FGR was officially recognised as the world’s first vegan football club after we received the Vegan Trademark from the Vegan Society.

That might all sound a little strange to fans used to burgers and chips at games – but since we replaced red meat and stodgy snacks with freshly made veggie burgers, vegan fajitas, and a revolving menu of locally-sourced vegan dishes, we’ve made a big impact on fans, players and even other clubs.

We’ve reached an audience of almost two billion people since we officially became a vegan club – getting the message about sustainable vegan food out there in a big way.  

https://www.fgr.co.uk/our-ethos/100-vegan

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 2

There is no way I condone the action of a member of the public for hitting the activist.

But I don´t support the activists for their behaviour either, when adults and children just want to enjoy a pizza.

• Thanks 1

The above video was from 29 September 2019.

Why are these activists targetting Pizza Express, when that company has a vegan menu?

https://www.pizzaexpress.com/vegan-choices

One among several vegan choices!

vegan_giardiniera_384_romana.ashx

Vegan Giardiniera. Artichoke, mushrooms, red onion and black olives, with tomato, vegan mozzarella alternative, garlic oil and parsley on a Romana base

• Like 1

vancouver is a very liberal city and there are plenty of people here who are Vegan, it is basically like a fashion trend.

In fact there is a whole industry of vegan restaurants and products, we also have a large Vegan fair.

A friend of mine had studied natural health and nutrition, and her teacher used to be a Vegan. Her teacher told her than she felt like absolute crap and stopped being Vegan, she then went on to say that it is not a healthy lifestyle.

To each his own, but I think its not good.  A friend of mine went Vegan, and his hair is going white.  I dont know if that is the only factor, but its certainly something to consider.

I find if I do not eat meat, or meat products that I get very hungry and will over eat carbs.

I have also noticed a lot of Vegans are fat, and I am guessing that they too are over eating carbs because of that same hunger.  I've also seen Vegans who do look healthy though.

I think it is an agenda which goes along with "saving the earth"  "lowering consumption" etc

Personally I've lowered my meat intake.  I wont usually have more than one serving of meat or eggs a day.  I usually keep my protein to chicken, fish, eggs, and on occasion red meat.

It seems to me the usual matter where all have a part of reason and a part of mistake.

However, veganism and vegetarianism are not "liberal" stuff, but they have a long tradition of scientists, phisolophers, religious teachers.

If I lived alone, I'd like to be vegetarian, because I don't have the balls to kill an animal that cannot never be my enemy.

• Like 1

Im 100% vegetarian and about 80% vegan, but just like the extinction rebellion activities, I feel people dont get the message over if they are militant and aggressive. Far better to just get the info out there in a gentle and informative way, and let people decide for themselves. People hate being bludgeoned into things and its counter-productive. However I do think eating meat is part of a long held Luciferian/Satanic cult of ritual sacrifice and consuming flesh and blood of sentient creatures, and if you do it, you are adhering to and participating in that cult, whether you realise it or not. To me it is  a spiritual issue. We cannot evolve as a species as long as we are eating our fellow creatures.

I dont watch much TV either but this popped up on Youtube

Edited by northern star
  • Like 1

i kick up a stink about food choices in a supermarket but other than that leave well alone

i didnt change my eating choices because of activists or placades or a tv show

soya is a joke of a food btw 

all i see is manipulation through meadia.....those angry nuters just taking the bait every single time something is pushed through media......

all sorts of activisan are used as tools for the elites agenda.....

Edit:church "promotes" meat eating.....just a food for thought 

I like the ideals behind not eating another creature especially ones that are mistreated in factories. However growing up eating meat I do not think I could ever completely give it up or if I did I would miss it and still desire things like steaks ,burgers, and fried chicken.

Edited by Octopus
spelling
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Octopus said:

I like the ideals behind not eating another creature especially ones that are mistreated in factories. However growing up eating meat I do not think I could ever completely give it up or if I did I would miss it and still desire things like steaks ,burgers, and fried chicken.

I agree. There must be much more regulation about animal welfare and slaughter.

I eat very little meat now.  I would miss a bacon sandwich and the substitutes  just don´t taste the same.

I could be a vegetarian with a lot of sacrifice, but a vegan  .... no.

I love prawns and other shellfish and salmon too.

Sorry prawns!

6 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

I could be a vegetarian with a lot of sacrifice, but a vegan  .... no.

I love prawns and other shellfish and salmon too.

its a key indicator of the opulence of society , choice of food for taste rather than body nutrition.

the push through the UN for veganism is due to the expected lack of protein in diets and some numpty convinced other numpties that Soya is the solution along with plant based diet

i eat a seed, nut, veg, fruit, no gluten diet with occassional 'processed food' (including gluten free flour, quorn) which i find extremely tasty and filling

5 years ago i wouldnt have been close todays diet.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 3:07 AM, northern star said:

Im 100% vegetarian and about 80% vegan, but just like the extinction rebellion activities, I feel people dont get the message over if they are militant and aggressive. Far better to just get the info out there in a gentle and informative way, and let people decide for themselves. People hate being bludgeoned into things and its counter-productive. However I do think eating meat is part of a long held Luciferian/Satanic cult of ritual sacrifice and consuming flesh and blood of sentient creatures, and if you do it, you are adhering to and participating in that cult, whether you realise it or not. To me it is  a spiritual issue. We cannot evolve as a species as long as we are eating our fellow creatures.

I dont watch much TV either but this popped up on Youtube

As a fellow vegetarian ( since 1986) I see your points. Being aggressive and militant to people who eat meat is counterproductive and just makes people less likely to even have a try at being a plant based eater. Nobody went on at me back in 1986 to become a vegetarian; I always liked veg, beans etc better than meaty meals anyway, so I stopped eating meat. 

Until we can replicate a bacon sandwich and rib eye I'm staying omnivore. 

1 hour ago, zArk said:

its a key indicator of the opulence of society , choice of food for taste rather than body nutrition.

the push through the UN for veganism is due to the expected lack of protein in diets and some numpty convinced other numpties that Soya is the solution along with plant based diet

i eat a seed, nut, veg, fruit, no gluten diet with occassional 'processed food' (including gluten free flour, quorn) which i find extremely tasty and filling

5 years ago i wouldnt have been close todays diet.

Fermented soya which they eat in China and Japan is much better than the processed soya we get over here. If I eat a soya product it tends to give me indigestion so I avoid it, same with Quorn-  it's very processed. Like you I prefer nuts and veg ( a bit of fruit, I'm not a big fruit eater; I prefer bananas and blueberries), also pulses and beans. I love beans. I also love falafels, hummus, sweet potatoes and salads. 

34 minutes ago, Lui said:

Until we can replicate a bacon sandwich and rib eye I'm staying omnivore. 

I tried those "imitation meats" a few years ago. They were that realistic I spat them out and couldn't eat them. Taste and texture too like the real thing. give me a Tescos veggie burger ( made solely of veg), onion bhaji or a falafel any day lol.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack

If anyone wants to be vegan, than that´'s absolutely fine by me, but I see a conflation with climate change activists and veganism.

Yes, many of the activists are also vegan I've noticed. 

I don´t know too much about nutrition, but I suspect veganism for children and adolescents may not be good for them. Calcium afaik in

soy milk is lower than in cows milk, and thus may be a factor in rickets.  Surely young people need protein for growing muscles?

Rickets is caused by lack of vitamin D as well as calcium. Dairy foods are not soley needed for calcium, as there are many plant based foods that contain calcium such as:

Fermented soya ( the best kind of soya)

Beans, peas and lentils

Nuts, especially almonds and brazil nuts

Seeds and Tahini

Amaranth and Teff

Seaweed ( although one has to be aware of sea pollution these days)

Dark leafy greens like spinach and kale

Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli

Raw figs

Oranges

Berries with blackcurrants being the highest

Blackstrap molasses

So if someone has a varied diet regularly eating a selection of these foods, gets out in the sun in the summer months, and has a bit of dairy there will be no problems. For vegans taking some Vitamin D supplement in the winter is advised in the northern hemisphere, but that is also recommended for non vegans as well because the sun gives the best absorbed vitamin D.

There are tribespeople living in the equatorial regions who never have animal milks and have no problems with rickets because of the sun they get.

Rich folks back in the middle ages used to have rickets even though they had diets rich in meat and dairy- this was because they wore heavy long sleeved clothing and kept out of the sun ( as tanning was for peasants). The Medicis are one example. Their skeletons were examined by archaeologists and they saw very bad rickets in them.

Myself, the foods I eat from that list are Beans, peas and lentils, nuts, Seeds and Tahini ( in hummus), spinach and kale, Cruciferous vegetables ( got broccoli in the steamer as I write this), berries, and sometimes oranges and raw figs. I eat feta cheese and lacto free cheddar as well. I also like the sun in the summer. 

Edited by itsnotallrightjack

You folks have been duped.

There is no such thing as a vegan agenda.
Meat, fish, dairy, eggs is everywhere in the media and plant food hardly gets mentioned.

• Like 2

In my opinion the promotion of veganism, along with climate change, is the latest instalment of toxic guilt and shame of the general populace that has been in place since biblical times (at least). Even just being alive and having normal human instincts (including eating meat), is something we need to be ashamed of apparently. I don't believe that such judgement is cast upon other creatures that eat meat.

• Like 4

Could be part of the depopulation agenda ultimately. We are entering into a grand solar minimum, the world is going to get very cold just like it did during the previous solar minimums. If the PTB want a reduced population then it makes sense to make sure that most people are not prepared to survive a mini ice age. Preparing for a warming climate, rather than a cooling one is a good start. Training people to be averse to meat is a good follow up. Vegans will not survive a mini ice age, they'll be the first to perish. Any human living in cold conditions eats mostly meat to survive, not much choice in most cases, e.g. Inuits. We're already seeing massive crop failures in America, which will be getting worse from now on. Previous solar minimums also saw extreme weather events, the whole global warming nonsense is a good distraction from this fact.

• Like 2

Controllers cannot use tech on meat-eaters as effectively as on veg*ns. Zinc insulates while copper conducts electromagnetic frequencies. The body responds to emf-induced peroxidative stress on the brain by increasing plasma zinc levels, meaning that without adequate access to (bioavailable- animal bio identical form of) zinc, the brain is damaged through cellular oxidative stress because it cannot protect itself; it has no required material for making its natural shielding mechanism. And then, it cannot repair the damage due to deficient zinc! 

Veg*n diets are very copper-dominant/heavy (from both vegetation and increased from farming chemicals which are copper-rich), meaning the body becomes hyper-emf-conductive (not getting into the corrosive effects of excess copper on the vascular system, or that this is the cause of immediate vomiting and prolonged sickness among veg*ns when ingesting meat- due to sudden intake of zinc, which allows the body to finally begin the necessary purging of excess copper; this can also happen with meat-eaters if they’ve had inadequate zinc intake due to processed meat rather than fresh, clean sources and then suddenly start eating good meats). 

Now add emf pollution to the environment and coercion-engineer voluntary self-exposure via devices and “smart” tech, and why do you think meatless or minimum-meat diets are being pushed so hard on the western population?

How can your cells be hacked/disabled from preventing entry of an intruder if they immediately shield themselves? What if you were convinced that the very thing your cells need to accomplish this shielding is bad for you, and everyone thinks you’re immoral and unethical if you ingest it, and you’re unevolved for doing so? Classic Bernaysian tactic. “You’re not good enough, but you’ll become tolerable/acceptable if you do/buy this.” Then you’re got. Let the hand-wringing (and painful, prolonged death) ensue.

Dont believe a word of this; look it up, learn how cells work with regard to zinc and copper and how digestion works with regard to bioavailability of nutrients, and know. It may be that some bodies are somehow capable of maintaining lean muscle mass, excellent adipose distribution and nutrient storage, excellent general cyclical metabolism and hormonal balance, mood stability and excellent mental and emotional health, and optimal cellular efficiency and function (incl. emf shielding amd repair) without meat and animal flesh and bone, and that I have just never seen or encountered this in decades of study or experience, in spite of seeing it at least not uncommonly among conscientious meat-eating omnivores. 

In any case, we all live at our own risk and we’ll get to see the results of this veg*n experiment on human beings in short time, and all speculation can be laid to rest while Truth makes itself visible as it always does. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Silent Bob said:

Could be part of the depopulation agenda ultimately. We are entering into a grand solar minimum, the world is going to get very cold just like it did during the previous solar minimums. If the PTB want a reduced population then it makes sense to make sure that most people are not prepared to survive a mini ice age. Preparing for a warming climate, rather than a cooling one is a good start. Training people to be averse to meat is a good follow up. Vegans will not survive a mini ice age, they'll be the first to perish. Any human living in cold conditions eats mostly meat to survive, not much choice in most cases, e.g. Inuits. We're already seeing massive crop failures in America, which will be getting worse from now on. Previous solar minimums also saw extreme weather events, the whole global warming nonsense is a good distraction from this fact.

Coupled with this one first has to understand why farming in the UK is as it is and why it's been like that for such  long time.

The rotating field system with mixed arable/dairy farming goes back right into the Dark Ages and beyond and it was certainly true that up until a few decades ago some farms in the far South West of the country had been farmed by the same familes since Anglo-Saxon times. The Romans may have introduced sheep farming but that perfectly takes up space on the moors and hills where arable crops do not easily grow and cows/dairy herd farming would struggle. The other thing about keeping animals in the fields is that they fertilize the soil and without that input over time one risks depleting it. Currently that could probably only be rectified by increased use of chemcal fertilizers.

Growing massive amounts of food indoors and under lights is possibly an option but along with other alternatives now is not the time as Bob says for anyone who hasn't been following world events in food production closely this last year.

• Like 1

Wherever you get cattle you get tough people

Cattle rearing requires people to be tough and it breeds hardy, self-sufficient people who are fiercly proud. This makes them a threat to central authority

Whether it was the highland cattle rearing clans of scotland or the cattle ranchers of the US the central authorities will always seek to end the tradition of cattle rearing

Beef also makes people strong as does raw milk. To denature the proteins in milk they pasteurise it and to weaken it further they homogenise it all to lessen the vitality that can be transferred by milk

Vegans claim to act on behalf of the animals but if there is no beef and milk industry then there is no reason to have cows around and they would simply not be kept around by humans anymore so it would see cow numbers plummet. In essence it would lead to a genocide of cows

Vegans would have people physically and mentally weak and their social justice mindset is invariably shaped by emotional weakness

They will lie down in the face of tyranny....guaranteed

• Like 2

yall only eat herbivores 

typical aint it

pick on the healthiest animals and those unlikely to eat you. farmers choose to save their skin. 

and vegans are idiots because we all drink breast milk, its natural. so the anti dairy is not health choice its a political and economic choice.

just my opinion 😎

1 hour ago, muir said:

Vegans claim to act on behalf of the animals but if there is no beef and milk industry then there is no reason to have cows around and they would simply not be kept around by humans anymore so it would see cow numbers plummet. In essence it would lead to a genocide of cows

That's a very good point.  Cows would be wiped out, as would pigs, chickens etc.

From my own experience.

My son had an eating problem in his infancy through his childhood, possibly a disorder up to the age of 18 years.

He would not eat meat (not because of animal welfare, but because of taste and texture.)  He lived on a diet of mainly cows milk and

peanut butter, porridge and bread for donkeys years!  As an adolescent he had great teeth and bones, but very little muscle.  He´s 6 foot

5 inches, but that in the main is genetic.

Since going to university, sharing a flat with three meat eating men and having a girlfriend to encourage him, he is now a meat eater and his

range of foods has greatly increased. He has considerably more muscle mass and his stamnia has risen dramatically.  :classic_smile:

• Like 1