Golden Retriever

The Vegan Agenda

1 hour ago, zArk said:

yall only eat herbivores 

typical aint it

pick on the healthiest animals and those unlikely to eat you. farmers choose to save their skin. 

and vegans are idiots because we all drink breast milk, its natural. so the anti dairy is not health choice its a political and economic choice.

just my opinion 😎

Most transgender types are not zealots for the transgenda agenda and most vegans are not zealots for the vegan agenda.

Creatures eating other creatures has worked very well for quite some time now as far as life is concerned.

Perceived cruelty in the practice is another matter.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:12 PM, Silent Bob said:

Could be part of the depopulation agenda ultimately. We are entering into a grand solar minimum, the world is going to get very cold just like it did during the previous solar minimums. If the PTB want a reduced population then it makes sense to make sure that most people are not prepared to survive a mini ice age. Preparing for a warming climate, rather than a cooling one is a good start. Training people to be averse to meat is a good follow up. Vegans will not survive a mini ice age, they'll be the first to perish. Any human living in cold conditions eats mostly meat to survive, not much choice in most cases, e.g. Inuits. We're already seeing massive crop failures in America, which will be getting worse from now on. Previous solar minimums also saw extreme weather events, the whole global warming nonsense is a good distraction from this fact.

I like your logic here, but I hadn't heard about a "grand solar minimum" coming up. Where is that intel coming from?

1 hour ago, Dawn said:

I like your logic here, but I hadn't heard about a "grand solar minimum" coming up. Where is that intel coming from?

try here.....

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Dawn said:

Main stream science believe it or not, it gets the global warming brigade all wound up though :)

This link gives a good explanation and comparison to the Maunder minimum 400 years ago.

https://electroverse.net/professor-valentina-zharkova-breaks-her-silence-and-confirms-super-grand-solar-minimum/

Just to confirm that this is main stream, here is an article they published in Nature

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45584-3

Quote from Nature article:

'The resulting summary curve reveals a remarkable resemblance to the sunspot and terrestrial activity reported in the past millennia including the significant grand solar minima: Maunder Minimum (1645–1715), Wolf minimum (1200), Oort minimum (1010–1050), Homer minimum (800–900 BC) combined with the grand solar maxima: the medieval warm period (900–1200), the Roman warm period (400–10BC) etc. It also predicts the upcoming grand solar minimum, similar to Maunder Minimum, which starts in 2020 and will last until 2055.'

One of the authors is actually a colleague of mine at university, Sergei Zharkov, and I have discussed his research with him. Nice guy, we often discuss bitcoin which I got him interested in years ago! The global warming people are upset with them for daring to suggest temperatures will drop, so they have to point out that their research is independant of human produced CO2 - if CO2 really does cause warming (it doesn't in my opinion) it would still only offset some of the temperature drop and we would still get colder.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:50 AM, Golden Retriever said:

If anyone wants to be vegan, than that´'s absolutely fine by me, but I see a conflation with climate change activists and veganism.

I don´t know too much about nutrition, but I suspect veganism for children and adolescents may not be good for them. Calcium afaik in

soy milk is lower than in cows milk, and thus may be a factor in rickets.  Surely young people need protein for growing muscles?

The media is promoting veganism.  What will happen to the livihoods of meat and dairy farmers if a significant

number of people become vegans? What would happen to the fishing industry?

Jamie Oliver, the darling of the media has a new series about vegetables.

Jamie's Meat-Free Meals

Mondays at 8:00pm on Channel 4: Jamie's new TV show that makes veg the hero.

recipe-asset.png?tr=w-181,

In England Forest Green rovers Football Club is the first Vegan Club!

I watched an interview last night when the owner or manager was talking about climate change and all the methane gas from cows!  Surely the world

is not facing Armageddon because of some cattle farting?

The world’s first vegan football club

In 2017, FGR was officially recognised as the world’s first vegan football club after we received the Vegan Trademark from the Vegan Society.

That might all sound a little strange to fans used to burgers and chips at games – but since we replaced red meat and stodgy snacks with freshly made veggie burgers, vegan fajitas, and a revolving menu of locally-sourced vegan dishes, we’ve made a big impact on fans, players and even other clubs.

We’ve reached an audience of almost two billion people since we officially became a vegan club – getting the message about sustainable vegan food out there in a big way.  

https://www.fgr.co.uk/our-ethos/100-vegan

First of all, I think people do get uppity about things like vegetarianism or vegan, because they were undoubtedly a "regular" eater who became informed about how meat is processed, were appalled at how animals are treated etc, and can't understand why anyone wouldn't be vegan when armed with such knowledge.  Better for the environment, etc.  And it's true, they are right.  Large swaths of rain forest have been cut down so fast food places can have their steroid augmented meat raised quickly to fit the demand that their less than discerning clientele create.  Animals raised for slaughter are treated horribly.  Inhumane.  

We aren't omniverous, we are vegetarian.  We have the teeth of vegetarian animals, more for light cutting and grinding into mash, like cows, and horses.  Carnivores have much different teeth, sharp and pointed for ripping through meat.  Their digestive enzymes can break down raw meat, we have to cook ours, and cook it thoroughly, or we can get very sick.  Our digestive systems are very long so we can grab all the nutrients from plant based food.  We also process protein better from nuts, and legumes.  That's why if you eat red meat, you will probably wind up with hardening of the arteries, as animal fat gets into or arteries and settles, we don't break it down.  You'll also wind up with anywhere from 3-5 lbs of undigested meat in your bowels over time, and that poses other health risks.  Carnivores have a much shorter digestive tract. Meat is broken down by enzymes in saliva and stomach, then shipped out.  

As for milk, cow's milk is baby cow food, they don't require it past a certain age.  Us?  Mom's breast milk until we can start eating solid food.  It's an all in one food for babies, the there's really no need for it past infancy, and cows milk does us more harm than good because of the animal fat content. But here we are.  I use 1% lactose free for tea, occasionally a splash for oatmeal if there's no yogurt.

I agree that anything can be hijacked to suit other agendas.  Climate change is ultimately supposed to make us not want to reproduce and die off as a species because we cause so much harm.  Veganism can attach to that easily, we are also horrible for the mistreatment and slaughter of animals.  Just more confirmation of how horrible we are as a species, we're effing up the climate, and we destroy animals so we can eat them.   The kicker is of course that the people pushing this negativity on us are the same ones who profit from whatever is damaging the climate and from animals being raised for slaughter.

So many choices.  We can choose to be omniverous, but we should be informed about how our digestive systems actually work and what we really require for sustenance.  I occasionally eat chicken and fish, but game fowl and fish are easy enough to grab in the wild too, along with meal worms and other bugs we can also eat.  Wild herbs, berries, nuts....all of it in the wild.   No one has to eat their grandma or their neighbors if the shit hits the fan...... This is yet another entertainment media fantasy of the perverted "ruling class" who of course do indulge in terrifying and then eating people.  We are a herd to them..  They need to stop blaming us for the shit they perpetuate, and stop telling us it's all out fault.  Or they can keep telling us, but we stop believing them and tune them out.  

• Like 1

I thought Jamie Oliver´s company runs not so good lately
anyway...when I had bowel infection some years ago my Gastro Doctor told me - because I couldnt eat anything anymore - that this Vegan Cult is absolutely rubbish,  and that there are no studies or proof that you will be heathier on the long run :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, Silent Bob said:

Main stream science believe it or not, it gets the global warming brigade all wound up though :)

This link gives a good explanation and comparison to the Maunder minimum 400 years ago.

https://electroverse.net/professor-valentina-zharkova-breaks-her-silence-and-confirms-super-grand-solar-minimum/

Just to confirm that this is main stream, here is an article they published in Nature

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45584-3

Quote from Nature article:

'The resulting summary curve reveals a remarkable resemblance to the sunspot and terrestrial activity reported in the past millennia including the significant grand solar minima: Maunder Minimum (1645–1715), Wolf minimum (1200), Oort minimum (1010–1050), Homer minimum (800–900 BC) combined with the grand solar maxima: the medieval warm period (900–1200), the Roman warm period (400–10BC) etc. It also predicts the upcoming grand solar minimum, similar to Maunder Minimum, which starts in 2020 and will last until 2055.'

One of the authors is actually a colleague of mine at university, Sergei Zharkov, and I have discussed his research with him. Nice guy, we often discuss bitcoin which I got him interested in years ago! The global warming people are upset with them for daring to suggest temperatures will drop, so they have to point out that their research is independant of human produced CO2 - if CO2 really does cause warming (it doesn't in my opinion) it would still only offset some of the temperature drop and we would still get colder.

That was informative, thank you. I have heard of this shifting of the magnetic poles from several sources in different fields now. I was pretty sure global warming was just a way to embezzle billions and get us to trade our rights away, but a mini ice age had not occurred to me. At least I'm chubby and have a woodburning stove. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dawn said:

That was informative, thank you. I have heard of this shifting of the magnetic poles from several sources in different fields now. I was pretty sure global warming was just a way to embezzle billions and get us to trade our rights away, but a mini ice age had not occurred to me. At least I'm chubby and have a woodburning stove. 

It was interesting wasn't it. We are still in an Ice Age ( in an interglacial ( warm) period within it) and a return to the Ice Age is due. 

Edited by itsnotallrightjack

7 hours ago, Moonlight said:

..................anyway...when I had bowel infection some years ago my Gastro Doctor told me - because I couldnt eat anything anymore - that this Vegan Cult is absolutely rubbish,  and that there are no studies or proof that you will be heathier on the long run :classic_smile:

With persistent "galloping" diarrhea varying a diet might well be worth trying in the long run.

On 10/20/2019 at 2:31 PM, serpentine said:

Creatures eating other creatures has worked very well for quite some time now as far as life is concerned.

but you miss my point completely serpentine.. maybe the food you eat has addled your brain

meat eating has centred around eating and farming animals that are herbivores

this was for 2 main reasons

1. farmers and communities less likely to be eaten or critically injured by the livestock

2. herbivores are less likely to be riddled with deadly bacteria

shitting out of the window worked very well in georgian times, except for the rampant disease and death

inside toilets with sanitation systems are all the rage these days .. its  behaviour indicating our collective advancement

while i find the stereotypical vegan diet sad and pathetic and i find the compartmentalisation of food eating groups indicative of society in general ,

not eating meat is very easy , fruit/seeds/nuts/legumes/fungi can easily sustain and fill a healthy diet

Edited by zArk

1 hour ago, zArk said:

but you miss my point completely serpentine.. maybe the food you eat has addled your brain

meat eating has centred around eating and farming animals that are herbivores

this was for 2 main reasons

1. farmers and communities less likely to be eaten or critically injured by the livestock

2. herbivores are less likely to be riddled with deadly bacteria.....

My brain is fine unlike the brains of domesticated animals which have become smaller than their wild roaming cousins. We domesticate herbivores mainly because we can grow plants for them. These two things went hand in hand around 10k years ago but homo sapiens has been around between 350k to 150k years as a species so domestication and farming is a recent thing. The ramifications are mainly the genetic change inflicted on plants and animals via selective breeding for more efficient food production, reduction in natural habitats and human over population as a result.

How badly overpopulated the world is will be discovered the next time it goes through a cooling period and feeding 60 million in the UK on just nuts, berries and the like is a moot point.

Committee on Climate Change published yesterday is urging the government to do more to promote vegan diets to help fight climate change – as Animal Rebellion protests continue this week.

14 October 2019

"The behaviour change paper, written by an Imperial College London academic Dr Richard Carmichael, recommends plant-based diets as one of the big three changes we must make, alongside lowering emissions produced by transport and heating.

It states that a shift to vegan diets is a “huge opportunity for consumers to reduce their carbon footprints and enjoy important health benefits for no additional cost”.

The report calls for a new regulation requiring that all public sector menus offer a vegan option that is available to anyone every day without special request.

The Vegan Society’s Catering for Everyone campaign is provided as an example of how to achieve this, because the campaign’s aim directly corresponds with this recommendation.

Mark Banahan, our Campaigns Manager, said: “Dr Carmichael’s detailed report makes a crucial recommendation to include vegan meal options as standard on public sector menus."

https://www.vegansociety.com/whats-new/news/imperial-college-urges-government-promote-shift-towards-vegan-diets

10 hours ago, serpentine said:

We domesticate herbivores mainly because we can grow plants for them

eh? grass?

look at the poison now being fed to the herbivores because of the economy

herbivores are better suited to survive in bigger groups plus they are in general the biggest animals and most powerful

oh so you are aware of the younger dryas. 

however i would suggest that the tech available can easily cope with another fast freeze

we arent overpopulated, its the economy which controls food production and types of food production

people have taken on board the gluttony of the elite. food chiices are not nutritional in general but based upon gourmet made available due to its counter balance.. that being starving populations

the food basis is controlled by economy and it dictates the choices

vegan agenda is working with the system to maintain status quo 

seeds, nuts, legumes fungi, fruit is the ancient diet of people, carnivores are those whos psyche is damaged 

imo

Edited by zArk

On 10/17/2019 at 2:50 PM, Golden Retriever said:

I don´t know too much about nutrition, but I suspect veganism for children and adolescents may not be good for them. Calcium afaik in

soy milk is lower than in cows milk, and thus may be a factor in rickets.  Surely young people need protein for growing muscles?

No you don't know too much about nutrition.

The British Dietetic Association, which is made up of 1000's of people who do know about nutrition have stated 'that a well-planned vegan diets can support healthy living in people of all ages'

https://www.bda.uk.com/news/view?id=179

I can recommend doing some research on plant based nutrition, there's tons of protein in plant based foods.

7 minutes ago, ThisIsme said:

No you don't know too much about nutrition.

The British Dietetic Association, which is made up of 1000's of people who do know about nutrition have stated 'that a well-planned vegan diets can support healthy living in people of all ages'

https://www.bda.uk.com/news/view?id=179

I can recommend doing some research on plant based nutrition, there's tons of protein in plant based foods.

The British dietetic society must have been influenced by somebody to make such a false statement 🙂

You cannot get vitamin b12 and a host of other vitamins and minerals from plant foods.

What they should have said is 'a well-planned vegan diets can support healthy living in people of all ages with pharmaceutical supplementation and foods fortified with chemicals.' 

Get in there monsanto 🙂

Edited by Itsa
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itsa said:

The British dietetic society must have been influenced by somebody to make such a false statement 🙂

You cannot get vitamin b12 and a host of other vitamins and minerals from plant foods.

What they should have said is 'a well-planned vegan diets can support healthy living in people of all ages with pharmaceutical supplementation and foods fortified with chemicals.' 

Get in there monsanto 🙂

Nonsense

B12 is the only thing you can't get on a plant based diet.

B12 is a bacteria, and it's being deplelted in soil generally, non vegans should be taking it as it's essential for the nervous system.

And before you go down the supplement argument. The supplement industry is worth billions ...mostly consumed by non vegans.

The media is promoting veganism.  What will happen to the livihoods of meat and dairy farmers if a significant

number of people become vegans? What would happen to the fishing industry?

The media has vilified and ridiculed veganism for years, there's tons of mainstream media out there that still do.

Farmers will have to grow plant based food to meet demand.

What will happen to the seas if we don't stop fishing?

It will have less plastic dumped into it. Almost half the plastic in the sea is industrial fishing gear.

What will happen to the livihoods of meat and dairy farmers if a significant

number of people become vegans?

They will have to stop doing this...

4 minutes ago, ThisIsme said:

Nonsense

B12 is the only thing you can't get on a plant based diet.

B12 is a bacteria, and it's being deplelted in soil generally, non vegans should be taking it as it's essential for the nervous system.

And before you go down the supplement argument. The supplement industry is worth billions ...mostly consumed by non vegans.

They don't have vitamin b12 vitamin b6 (pyridoxal, pyridoxamine) A D F and k2

They also don't contain the amino acids creatine, carnitine carnosine and taurine as well as heme iron coq10 and cla

Eat what's best for you 🙂

72627981_530119674477439_2841716934750240768_n.jpg.c88f82852582eeaa6533dbd073bc8eba.jpg74338668_550506112391279_2433383317198864384_n.jpg.ebb9441d780cf0c788d6d783ca0b0502.jpg

From the same farm as the video, these pictures were taken yesterday.

Putting rings in pigs noses to stop them doing what comes naturally to them is disgusting, theres footage of it being done in the video.

Putting animals in tiny cages is also disgusting.

On 10/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, Golden Retriever said:

There is no way I condone the action of a member of the public for hitting the activist.

But I don´t support the activists for their behaviour either, when adults and children just want to enjoy a pizza.

Do you support forcibly impregnating cows, taking away the calves and killing them so we can drink the milk?

Then when the mother is no longer able to produce milk / profit for the farmer she is bolt gunned in the head.

Humans don't need bovine milk.

On 10/17/2019 at 7:42 PM, Vancity Eagle said:

vancouver is a very liberal city and there are plenty of people here who are Vegan, it is basically like a fashion trend.

In fact there is a whole industry of vegan restaurants and products, we also have a large Vegan fair.

A friend of mine had studied natural health and nutrition, and her teacher used to be a Vegan. Her teacher told her than she felt like absolute crap and stopped being Vegan, she then went on to say that it is not a healthy lifestyle.

To each his own, but I think its not good.  A friend of mine went Vegan, and his hair is going white.  I dont know if that is the only factor, but its certainly something to consider.

I find if I do not eat meat, or meat products that I get very hungry and will over eat carbs.

I have also noticed a lot of Vegans are fat, and I am guessing that they too are over eating carbs because of that same hunger.  I've also seen Vegans who do look healthy though.

I think it is an agenda which goes along with "saving the earth"  "lowering consumption" etc

Personally I've lowered my meat intake.  I wont usually have more than one serving of meat or eggs a day.  I usually keep my protein to chicken, fish, eggs, and on occasion red meat.

Have you ever seen people who eat animal products who are fat?

Anecdotes of people eating poor vegan diets do not mean you cannot thrive on a vegan diet, as stated in a post above The British Dietetics Association's official stand on vegan diets are that a well planned vegan diet is suitable for all stages of life, including children and pregnant women.

Fiona Oaks has been vegan since she was about 3, shes in her 50's now, she is a recording holding ultra marathon runner.

Check out this documentary on vegan athletes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThisIsme said:

Fiona Oaks has been vegan since she was about 3, shes in her 50's now, she is a recording holding ultra marathon runner.

That's not correct, although I agree she is a good example of an athletic adult vegan.

Fiona stopped eating meat at age 6 and became vegan as a teenager.  (Between 13 to 19 years)

https://www.greatveganathletes.com/fiona-oakes-vegan-marathon-runner/

Edited by Golden Retriever

2 hours ago, ThisIsme said:

Farmers will have to grow plant based food to meet demand.

So the world must become vegan? No discussion?

Basically you´re saying all meat and diary farmers including those who do treat their livestock well and all fishing including salmon and

trout fishing etc HAVE TO DIVERSIFY TO PLANTS.  

Is this about animal welfare (which I fully understand) or about climate change?

Animal Rebellion have joined forces with Extinction Rebellion, who have links with George Soros, so I´m suspicious of their real agenda here.

"The Animal Rebellion will engage in civil resistance to communicate the urgency to end the industries of animal agriculture and fishing, and transition to a plant-based food system in order to halt biodiversity loss and reduce emissions to net zero by 2025. The group intends to shift public discourse to acknowledge this reality. "

NINTCHDBPICT000528364215-e1570276544400.

"Animal Rebellion is an animal and climate justice movement with the stated aim of using nonviolent civil disobedience to compel government action towards a plant-based food system. Their justification for the introduction of such a system is the impact of animal agriculture on climate change, species extinction and ecosystem breakdown. It has around 100 organisers and was founded in June 2019 by 12 people, including Dr Alex Lockwood of the University of Sunderland."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Rebellion

Edited by Golden Retriever