Golden Retriever

The Vegan Agenda

When it comes right down to it the only ethical food is fruit ... the tree has designed this to be eaten ..want's you to eat it  ... apple , pear , tomato ... you eat these , swallow the seeds which you pass out of your body in a nice package of fertilizer which you leave in nature to make a new plant .....

Nuts , grains were not designed to be eaten , they are seeds , destroyed by passage through the digestive track ....

Still , don't beat yourself up  about this ... I eat fish and grains and shrimps ... It's just that we can see what  a perfect human  civilization will be like living in harmony with other life forms ....

We will not be Breatharians ... we are not designed to be that , the gut would shrivel up and cause problems .

2 hours ago, oz93666 said:

We will not be Breatharians

I have to say I took a dislike to the Breatharians thread on the forum.  

There maybe and I say maybe a very few spiritual people who can live on air alone, but for the vast majority of people this is a

dangerous road to take.  Especially those with mental health problems and/or are suffering from Anorexia Nervosa.

One Australian breatharian (the usual book etc making bucks) has been declared a fraud and more than one person has died possibly following

this imo perilous path.

Research Jasmuheen.  Contrary to her claims on surviving without food or water she agreed to an Australian Channel filming her. She

was in danger of dying after about 7 days . The TV Channel stopped the experiment on the advice of doctors and so did she !!!!!

Edited by Golden Retriever

19 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

I have to say I took a dislike to the Breatharians thread on the forum.  

There maybe and I say maybe a very few spiritual people who can live on air alone,

You know I haven't even looked at that breatharian thread .... 

A very close friend of mine ( 30 years ago) was always talking about it ... trying to achieve it .... She wen't certifiably crazy , the last time I saw her was in hospital after she attempted suicide.

A few spiritual people maybe able to do it???  There's the implication there that the physical is not quiet nice ... A physical body is flawed in some way ... That if we're really "spiritual" we wouldn't contaminate ourselves with food ....

All lies and flawed thinking .... the body is sacred .... food is sacred ....physicality is great.  

On 10/22/2019 at 6:30 PM, Silent Bob said:

Main stream science believe it or not, it gets the global warming brigade all wound up though :)

This link gives a good explanation and comparison to the Maunder minimum 400 years ago.

https://electroverse.net/professor-valentina-zharkova-breaks-her-silence-and-confirms-super-grand-solar-minimum/

Just to confirm that this is main stream, here is an article they published in Nature

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-45584-3

Quote from Nature article:

'The resulting summary curve reveals a remarkable resemblance to the sunspot and terrestrial activity reported in the past millennia including the significant grand solar minima: Maunder Minimum (1645–1715), Wolf minimum (1200), Oort minimum (1010–1050), Homer minimum (800–900 BC) combined with the grand solar maxima: the medieval warm period (900–1200), the Roman warm period (400–10BC) etc. It also predicts the upcoming grand solar minimum, similar to Maunder Minimum, which starts in 2020 and will last until 2055.'

One of the authors is actually a colleague of mine at university, Sergei Zharkov, and I have discussed his research with him. Nice guy, we often discuss bitcoin which I got him interested in years ago! The global warming people are upset with them for daring to suggest temperatures will drop, so they have to point out that their research is independant of human produced CO2 - if CO2 really does cause warming (it doesn't in my opinion) it would still only offset some of the temperature drop and we would still get colder.

I noticed that a post about bitcoin appeared on here but disappeared very quickly yesterday. Do people on here generally dislike bitcoin?

4 minutes ago, Chantelle Imperiosi said:

I noticed that a post about bitcoin appeared on here but disappeared very quickly yesterday. Do people on here generally dislike bitcoin?

It was an advertisement linking to a site and so was removed (I guess)  .

Nothing really wrong with bit coin , it appears to be a genuine attempt at an alternate currency ....   I wish I had got in on it early it's gone up and up , but it must be a big risk ... it's  just numbers on a screen which could all crash , you are holding nothing tangible , like physical gold or silver. 

12 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

It was an advertisement linking to a site and so was removed (I guess)  .

Nothing really wrong with bit coin , it appears to be a genuine attempt at an alternate currency ....   I wish I had got in on it early it's gone up and up , but it must be a big risk ... it's  just numbers on a screen which could all crash , you are holding nothing tangible , like physical gold or silver. 

Oh I see. Thanks. I've never been a fan of it and have never owned any. I guess the people who got in early and promoted it made out like bandits. Personally, I wonder if it was just introduced to get people used to the idea of a digital currency, then the authorised digital currencies will be introduced to replace it at which point it will be destroyed.

I also thought it was unfortunate that the person/group that devised it, Satoshi Nakamoto, is an anagram of 'So a man took a shit'. The world is full of coincidencies don't you think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Chantelle Imperiosi said:

Oh I see. Thanks. I've never been a fan of it and have never owned any. I guess the people who got in early and promoted it made out like bandits. Personally, I wonder if it was just introduced to get people used to the idea of a digital currency, then the authorised digital currencies will be introduced to replace it at which point it will be destroyed.

I also thought it was unfortunate that the person/group that devised it, Satoshi Nakamoto, is an anagram of 'So a man took a shit'. The world is full of coincidencies don't you think?

I think people are right to be cautious with bitcoin, none of us really know who/what is behind it. Mathematically it makes sense, as does the decentralised part of it. I would not advise anyone to buy now, may still be worth it but would be very high risk. They could go up to £1 million or become worthless overnight. The value they hold is once again based on nothing more than our willingness to accept it as a currency, hence they're worth whatever people are willing to pay. Years ago I thought it sounded like a bit of fun and started to download the software to mine some when they were worth less than 1p each. I cancelled the download as the file was so large, I didn't want to slow my laptop down...... Doh!

If you can afford it, would be worth putting some money in just in case it does explode - but no more than you can afford to write off as a loss, think of it like having a bet at the bookies. If they drop sharply in value again (or should I say when) then this will be the best time to have a little flutter, but don't even think about it when they're rocketing in value as a drop will inevitably follow!

In the early days someone paid 10,000 bitcoins for a pizza, bet that doesn't seem funny anymore!

• Like 1

Someone recommended me to watch ‘the game changer’ on Netflix which talks about how a plant based diet is superior. As a bodybuilder I naturally find this interesting, looking at vegan meat it’s not lean or has as much protein like chicken or turkey. So never considered vegan, but this documentary puts a good argument forward.

Obviously with it being on Netflix I think, funded by George soros and it’s an agenda that’s come from no where as mentioned earlier. 

Another problem i think about is the potential of gmos, I obviously don’t want to eat them.  

Do you think it’s some sort of scam or a legitimate thing, I’d avoid the meats as like I said it’s not lean and god knows what’s in it

I didn't want to be vegan. I loved my food but find after a private scan after years of operations and pain i discover x2 petroleum byproduct medical mesh implants.

The week of my 50th birthday i discovered i was slowly being poisoned. This plastic mesh is not inert in the body....it  is in many men,women,children,elderly. 

No informed consent with many. I hear in Ohio a mass suicide happened when they discovered. Diabolical torture ...it's a WTF! 

Be aware these implants erode into nano particles all over body. Act as a cheese grate inside to create scar tissue. Some have had the TREE  OF LIFE damaged .

Causing..Cancers..dementia...Auto immune all of them just about...these can be  secondary conditions caused by PETROLEUM BYPRODUCT POLYPROPYLENE

MEDICAL MESH!  No informed consent! 7'4 million and rising worldwide. Thousands in UK and rising. Inform yourself.

This is so catastrophic . So Soul destroying.  Then the people sleep. To late for many but some Walking Dead can still speak and scream we must. Don't go gentle!

On 10/17/2019 at 2:50 PM, Golden Retriever said:

If anyone wants to be vegan, than that´'s absolutely fine by me, but I see a conflation with climate change activists and veganism.

I don´t know too much about nutrition, but I suspect veganism for children and adolescents may not be good for them. Calcium afaik in

soy milk is lower than in cows milk, and thus may be a factor in rickets.  Surely young people need protein for growing muscles?

The media is promoting veganism.  What will happen to the livihoods of meat and dairy farmers if a significant

number of people become vegans? What would happen to the fishing industry?

Jamie Oliver, the darling of the media has a new series about vegetables.

Jamie's Meat-Free Meals

Mondays at 8:00pm on Channel 4: Jamie's new TV show that makes veg the hero.

recipe-asset.png?tr=w-181,

In England Forest Green rovers Football Club is the first Vegan Club!

I watched an interview last night when the owner or manager was talking about climate change and all the methane gas from cows!  Surely the world

is not facing Armageddon because of some cattle farting?

The world’s first vegan football club

In 2017, FGR was officially recognised as the world’s first vegan football club after we received the Vegan Trademark from the Vegan Society.

That might all sound a little strange to fans used to burgers and chips at games – but since we replaced red meat and stodgy snacks with freshly made veggie burgers, vegan fajitas, and a revolving menu of locally-sourced vegan dishes, we’ve made a big impact on fans, players and even other clubs.

We’ve reached an audience of almost two billion people since we officially became a vegan club – getting the message about sustainable vegan food out there in a big way.  

https://www.fgr.co.uk/our-ethos/100-vegan

If the media promote it then we shouldnt be doing it.

Its a fad for the well off and against the natural order of things, Predators eat meat.

And the activists are arseholes.

I haven’t researched into whose funding veganism but I can imagine there’s a reason for the movement, money for starters by those who promote it. I am a natural bodybuilder who does various other sports too so nutrition is a big interest of mine and I tried being vegan for a week to see if I had more energy for my sports. Being vegan is supposed to help blood flow and blood pressure and to be honest I felt much better when training legs at the gym. At times I can struggle with headaches because my blood pressure is so high in those hard moments, but since stopping with chicken I haven’t had this problem. Now I’m eating more vegetarian but enjoy meat if I’m going out and overall I do feel better. This is probably because I’m eating more organic and the chicken i was eating will have been fed gmo, which passes onto me. I reckon the morale of this story is to avoid gmos, which is obvious, I reckon organic chicken would still make me feel awesome so for tip top athletic performance it’s not a question of vegan vs meat, but organic vs gmo, and we all know organic is king

Ive got an interesting article here about vegan meat, the Burger King vegan burger to be precise 

https://nationalfile.com/doctor-burger-kings-impossible-burger-has-18-million-times-more-estrogen-than-regular-whopper/

this vegan agenda has come come from nowhere as we have all noticed, something isn’t right. If, and I do mean if, this quorn and fake meat is full of oestrogen promoting chemicals, does that not fit right into agenda 21 - depopulation? Surely a lot of oestrogen into men will make them asexual or maybe gay? Meaning the won’t be reproducing, another tick in the depopulation plan. 

Im looking into how much Monsanto are at play here too with the vegan agenda, personally I like my lentils, split peas, chick peas etc as my sauce of protein as it has good complex carbs too, but it’s all organic, it says on the package anyway... 

just a hypothesis, what do you think? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeker said:

Ive got an interesting article here about vegan meat, the Burger King vegan burger to be precise 

https://nationalfile.com/doctor-burger-kings-impossible-burger-has-18-million-times-more-estrogen-than-regular-whopper/

this vegan agenda has come come from nowhere as we have all noticed, something isn’t right. If, and I do mean if, this quorn and fake meat is full of oestrogen promoting chemicals, does that not fit right into agenda 21 - depopulation? Surely a lot of oestrogen into men will make them asexual or maybe gay? Meaning the won’t be reproducing, another tick in the depopulation plan. 

Im looking into how much Monsanto are at play here too with the vegan agenda, personally I like my lentils, split peas, chick peas etc as my sauce of protein as it has good complex carbs too, but it’s all organic, it says on the package anyway... 

just a hypothesis, what do you think? 

I don't eat those "fake meats" as they are processed and gross tasting ( I don't like "meaty"flavours and textures). My protein foods are beans/legumes and nuts. I love hummus! Sometimes I'll have quinoa. I love making lentil soups too or make a cottage pie with them ( with sweet potato and carrot mash).

I dunno if the "vegan agenda" is pushing "fake meats" or not. Many veggies and vegans don't eat them- they sure don't if they are eating wholefoods. 

I'm vegetarian not vegan,  so I do have some low lactose cheese in my meals. Some of my meals do turn out vegan though.

I eat a lot of Nairns oat crackers and use oats in baking. I'm planning on baking some scones with oats and Engevita nutritional yeast ( it has B12 added in it).

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

I don't eat those "fake meats" as they are processed and gross tasting ( I don't like "meaty"flavours and textures). My protein foods are beans/legumes and nuts. I love hummus! Sometimes I'll have quinoa. I love making lentil soups too or make a cottage pie with them ( with sweet potato and carrot mash).

I dunno if the "vegan agenda" is pushing "fake meats" or not. Many veggies and vegans don't eat them- they sure don't if they are eating wholefoods. 

I'm vegetarian not vegan,  so I do have some low lactose cheese in my meals. Some of my meals do turn out vegan though.

I eat a lot of Nairns oat crackers and use oats in baking. I'm planning on baking some scones with oats and Engevita nutritional yeast ( it has B12 added in it).

Sounds nice to me! I’m going to have to try the cottage pie one too 😋 and yeah the fake meat is a poor source of protein as a bodybuilder so it’s never appealed to me. The adverts I’m seeing are your fast food places like kfc, Burger King, Greggs etc 

as for grains I am sure that Monsanto is profiting here and buying more land as a result, I do need to research though. I avoid gmo as much as possible, especially with the lentils, chick peas etc 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 5:35 PM, Mitochondrial Eve said:

It is my understanding that there is a lot of scientific evidence of plant consciousness. Studies are said to show that plants have memories, respond to music, can communicate with each other and grow faster with other plants (competition) around. The implications of this being that plants may feel pain and that there is a moral duty to treat plants appropriately, as with animals. In fact, I would suggest that consciousness is present in everything as part of the same 'oneness'.

https://wakeup-world.com/2015/05/26/the-consciousness-of-plants/

The above link includes a video at the end that I haven't watched myself yet - I just tried playing it and the video was unavailable but I have found another version on Youtube. I thought I would embed it for those interested in watching it too:

Given that plants are quite possibly conscious, doesn't this raise questions as to whether there is any merit in being a vegetarian or vegan?

Plants aren't as they lack a brain, CNS and sensory organs. But if we assume (for the sake of discussion) they are then a non-vegan consumes more plants indirectly than a vegan does directly.

10 hours ago, Seeker said:

Sounds nice to me! I’m going to have to try the cottage pie one too 😋 and yeah the fake meat is a poor source of protein as a bodybuilder so it’s never appealed to me. The adverts I’m seeing are your fast food places like kfc, Burger King, Greggs etc 

as for grains I am sure that Monsanto is profiting here and buying more land as a result, I do need to research though. I avoid gmo as much as possible, especially with the lentils, chick peas etc 

I haven't made the cottage pie in ages but must do soon (ish). I tend to use the green lentils as they have a tougher texture and earthier taste than the red ones ( which are softer and go fab with carrots in a soup) and work better in a cottage pie. I simmer them with chopped onions, and sometimes add chopped peppers on the gas hob with some spices and tomato puree. Whilst they are simmering I steam sweet potatoes and carrots in my microwave ( in the steam pot). I sometimes include parsnips as well. Then when they are cooked, they get drained, and mashed with a bit of vegan margarine and Himalayan salt. The lentils when ready are then put into an oven/casserole dish and the mash spooned on top. If I can wait, I'll put the pie in the oven for a bit to brown the mash topping. I often serve it with chili carrot and peanut salad ( grated carrots,  homemade lemon olive oil and chili dressing with peanuts tossed in).

The pie is quite cheap to make and I can get about 3 meals out of it.

Lentils, beans and nuts, and also quinoa will be good veg proteins for you.

I think these fast food companies are adding vegan options as they see a market for it. Some youngsters will eat this type of food because they are either useless at cooking or can't be bothered cooking.

I'm assuming you are in the USA? Here in Britain, we don't tend to have GMO foods. 

My meal today was a big one, as got up late (SAD makes me sleepy), so just had the one meal at 3.30 pm. I had a Tescos big leafy salad ( that also had grated carrot in it) with tomatoes, black olives and feta cheese with a home made mustard herby dressing, 2 Tescos vegan veg burgers, red pepper hummus on  4 slices of wholemeal bread ( bakery bread), and 5 Mc Cains smiles ( potato faces). I shared some of that with my pet ratty girls ( the smiles, veggie burgers, bread and hummus and a sliver of the cheese- they do not like "pet food"- they like humon food lol).

I've also had some strawberry and banana smoothie.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, dumbcritic said:

Plants aren't as they lack a brain, CNS and sensory organs. But if we assume (for the sake of discussion) they are then a non-vegan consumes more plants indirectly than a vegan does directly.

I agree with you- they don't have the biology to be sentient nor feel any pain. Any "actions" cited in these studies are chemical not due to sentience.

23 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

I haven't made the cottage pie in ages but must do soon (ish). I tend to use the green lentils as they have a tougher texture and earthier taste than the red ones ( which are softer and go fab with carrots in a soup) and work better in a cottage pie. I simmer them with chopped onions, and sometimes add chopped peppers on the gas hob with some spices and tomato puree. Whilst they are simmering I steam sweet potatoes and carrots in my microwave ( in the steam pot). I sometimes include parsnips as well. Then when they are cooked, they get drained, and mashed with a bit of vegan margarine and Himalayan salt. The lentils when ready are then put into an oven/casserole dish and the mash spooned on top. If I can wait, I'll put the pie in the oven for a bit to brown the mash topping. I often serve it with chili carrot and peanut salad ( grated carrots,  homemade lemon olive oil and chili dressing with peanuts tossed in).

The pie is quite cheap to make and I can get about 3 meals out of it.

Lentils, beans and nuts, and also quinoa will be good veg proteins for you.

I think these fast food companies are adding vegan options as they see a market for it. Some youngsters will eat this type of food because they are either useless at cooking or can't be bothered cooking.

I'm assuming you are in the USA? Here in Britain, we don't tend to have GMO foods. 

My meal today was a big one, as got up late (SAD makes me sleepy), so just had the one meal at 3.30 pm. I had a Tescos big leafy salad ( that also had grated carrot in it) with tomatoes, black olives and feta cheese with a home made mustard herby dressing, 2 Tescos vegan veg burgers, red pepper hummus on  4 slices of wholemeal bread ( bakery bread), and 5 Mc Cains smiles ( potato faces). I shared some of that with my pet ratty girls ( the smiles, veggie burgers, bread and hummus and a sliver of the cheese- they do not like "pet food"- they like humon food lol).

I've also had some strawberry and banana smoothie.

Cheers for the cooking tips, I am hopeless at it but somehow survive! 😆 

I am from England and just assume anything that doesn’t say organic could be gmo, I avoid brands I know use Monsanto like Cadbury and Kellogg’s.

you also have to be careful with those potato smilies... if you burn them they come out with a sad face 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 9:59 AM, Itsa said:

its good ypu introduce the behaviour asoect of vegan agenda. 

agendas and fads atm are being driven ultimately as behaviour modifiers, saying the act of doing the fad results in ones personality altering 

the alteration of the personality is proclaimed as a true correctness

even homeopathy advocates are  moving this way 

i am NOT saying veganism or homeopathy are responsible but they are vehicles for a common purpose, it seems

On 10/17/2019 at 2:57 PM, Golden Retriever said:

There is no way I condone the action of a member of the public for hitting the activist.

But I don´t support the activists for their behaviour either, when adults and children just want to enjoy a pizza.

I am against violence, but they were seriously provocative entering a Pizza Express like that and they can't complain if they get a smack.  The staff were very professional though.  Why did DxE/Direct Action Everywhere pick Pizza Express as they are not exactly a high usage outlet of meat and you can eat vegetarian dishes and pizzas there?   Instead of a Pizza Express branch in Brighton I would like to see them try that in an inner city kebab shop or a restaurant in Chinatown.

• Like 1

I've been Vegan for just over 2 years (after being Vegetarian for 25 years).

I do it because it's healthier and because I am against animal cruelty.

I am not some militant extinction rebellion type and the vast majority of Vegans are exactly the same as me.

You have to remember - there are a lot of youngsters who are Vegan and they tend to buy into the Green agenda.  Also, the loudest voices tend to get the most coverage in the Media.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

I am against violence, but they were seriously provocative entering a Pizza Express like that and they can't complain if they get a smack.  The staff were very professional though.  Why did DxE/Direct Action Everywhere pick Pizza Express as they are not exactly a high usage outlet of meat and you can eat vegetarian dishes and pizzas there?   Instead of a Pizza Express branch in Brighton I would like to see them try that in an inner city kebab shop or a restaurant in Chinatown.

I wonder how many of these dedicated protesters grow their own food, eat food that comes from the far flung corners of the planet and walk in plastic shoes and clothes etc made by children in sweat shops, which are also made from oil that is creating millions of deaths for it today.

They might get their facts right and talk to some small farmers who can survive without huge corporation that are also funding their campaign/s, lambs to the slaughter comes to mind.

The guy doing the punching in the cafe reminded me of this film character, not the brightest grape from the bunch.

Edited by The Apprentice
  • Like 1