Golden Retriever

The Vegan Agenda

i've stopped eating red meat now for nearly 6 months and have substituted it for more vegan/vegetarian friendly refrigerated food such as microwaveable/oven-cook pastas. i still eat away at dairy food, eggs and chicken though.

i'm sure there is an agenda money-wise but one of the fundamental aspects many awakened and enlightened individuals give to opening your third-eye is being a vegan so i don't think that TPTB want that to happen .... ?

What makes me laugh is the adverts they use for selling vegan or vedgie food, they tell you its made from Quorn, but it looks like a sausage or mince, LOL.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Seeker said:

Cheers for the cooking tips, I am hopeless at it but somehow survive! ūüėܬ†

I am from England and just assume anything that doesn’t say organic could be gmo, I avoid brands I know use Monsanto like Cadbury and Kellogg’s.

you also have to be careful with those potato smilies... if you burn them they come out with a sad face 

We are not supposed to have any GMOs in European foods. I avoid heavily processed foods anyway. I used to be a poor cook but have got good at it over the years. Just practise and also being creative. I'm working on some new recipes as my stomach is a dodgy one- IBS bouts and sensitive. I was very ill last night from drinking coffee in the afternoon in a cafe with my mother. The assistant must have not heard my mother ask for decaff. I'm very intolerant to caffeine. Been fasting on vanilla chai tea and mineral water. Ate 2 organic bananas at 6.30 pm tonight.

I'm working on a coffee alternative as even decaff can give me indigestion these days. It's hard because I love the taste, thickness and aroma of it. Pukka vanilla chai is nice but it's thin, teas are thin. I've ordered powdered organic carob powder for one of the ingredients I plan to mix in a coffee substitute. Carob is very good for the digestion and full of goodness. I've had carob "chocolate bars" in the past and found them to be quite nice. It could also be used to make hot chocolate. The best I've had so far was Oatly chocolate milk. I warmed it up in  a pan on the stove- it's divine!!!!"

Yeahhh-- I have burnt some Smiles in the past by not keeping an eye on the oven!

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Apprentice said:

What makes me laugh is the adverts they use for selling vegan or vedgie food, they tell you its made from Quorn, but it looks like a sausage or mince, LOL.

Those products are marketed at those who want to be "meat free" but miss the taste and texture of meat, which incidentally I hate as well as the smell. Hence I don't eat them but like burgers made of beans and vegetables.  Some veggie sausages are nice though because they have a herb taste and have veg in them ( the expensive organic types).

12 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

I am against violence, but they were seriously provocative entering a Pizza Express like that and they can't complain if they get a smack.  The staff were very professional though.  Why did DxE/Direct Action Everywhere pick Pizza Express as they are not exactly a high usage outlet of meat and you can eat vegetarian dishes and pizzas there?   Instead of a Pizza Express branch in Brighton I would like to see them try that in an inner city kebab shop or a restaurant in Chinatown.

I do agree with their points- these poor animals suffer horribly to end up on human plates, but going into a Pizza Express like that achieves nothing but winding up customers. Agree, seems an odd choice of venue- maybe they already tried it at McDonalds and got threw out!

• Like 1

Baked sweet potatoes with toasted mixed seeds, a little mayo or olive oil and whatever salad and fresh herbs takes your fancy.:classic_smile:

Loaded-Sweet-Potatoes-with-Quinoa-Tabbou

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dave52 said:

I've been Vegan for just over 2 years (after being Vegetarian for 25 years).

I do it because it's healthier and because I am against animal cruelty.

I am not some militant extinction rebellion type and the vast majority of Vegans are exactly the same as me.

You have to remember - there are a lot of youngsters who are Vegan and they tend to buy into the Green agenda.  Also, the loudest voices tend to get the most coverage in the Media.

True on your points. In fact many of those XR types become vegan for their "cause" and like annoying people.

2 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Baked sweet potatoes with toasted mixed seeds, a little mayo or olive oil and whatever salad takes your fancy.:classic_smile:

Gosh looking at that makes me hungry!

16 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Baked sweet potatoes with toasted mixed seeds, a little mayo or olive oil and whatever salad and fresh herbs takes your fancy.:classic_smile:

Lovely grub, I really like the chopping board as well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Those products are marketed at those who want to be "meat free" but miss the taste and texture of meat, which incidentally I hate as well as the smell. Hence I don't eat them but like burgers made of beans and vegetables.  Some veggie sausages are nice though because they have a herb taste and have veg in them ( the expensive organic types).

I like a good old homemade vedgetable soup, all in with a nob of butter and home baked brown bread, can't beat it.

It normally lasts us two four or five days, by the last day the flavours have really come together after each heating.

Here is an old girl making some traditional Russian vedge delicacies.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

I do agree with their points- these poor animals suffer horribly to end up on human plates, but going into a Pizza Express like that achieves nothing but winding up customers. Agree, seems an odd choice of venue- maybe they already tried it at McDonalds and got threw out!

Yes, it seems odd to protest at a Pizza Express as there are bigger fish, however to add about Pizza Express and the subject of animal slaughter, they do use Halal chicken which makes a horrible situation worse.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/10812696/Pizza-Express-reveals-halal-meat-used-in-all-chicken-dishes.html

https://www.pizzaexpress.com/help-and-contact/do-you-use-halal-chicken

Regarding McDonalds, if they did that here in London they would all be needing an ambulance and if they survived could end up getting sued by McDonalds's legal deptartment as well.

3 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

Yes, it seems odd to protest at a Pizza Express as there are bigger fish, however to add about Pizza Express and the subject of animal slaughter, they do use Halal chicken which makes a horrible situation worse.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinknews/10812696/Pizza-Express-reveals-halal-meat-used-in-all-chicken-dishes.html

https://www.pizzaexpress.com/help-and-contact/do-you-use-halal-chicken

Regarding McDonalds, if they did that here in London they would all be needing an ambulance and if they survived could end up getting sued by McDonalds's legal deptartment as well.

Might be why they went there then- they knew about the halal. If they thought they'd get badly attacked in McDonalds prob why they didn't go there then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Might be why they went there then- they knew about the halal. If they thought they'd get badly attacked in McDonalds prob why they didn't go there then.

Yes, that is quite possible that the halal meat issue put Pizza Express in their sights as Pizza Express had considerable press and social media attention a few years ago because they were not telling customers about the religious slaughter and there is doubt about how effective the electric stunning is in principle as well as short cuts being taken resulting in animals not getting a full stun. 

In my experience McDonalds is, at the best of times, on the cusp of some agro breaking out. So, Heaven forbid someone's Big Mac meal is delayed or interrupted by some protesters (likely police response to curb the public disorder in the video below). Also I believe McDonalds meat is not halal.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 3:35 PM, Orange Alert said:

Yes, that is quite possible that the halal meat issue put Pizza Express in their sights as Pizza Express had considerable press and social media attention a few years ago because they were not telling customers about the religious slaughter and there is doubt about how effective the electric stunning is in principle as well as short cuts being taken resulting in animals not getting a full stun. 

Imagine getting tasered before having your throat cut and bleed out for slaughter, humanely lol

The electric stunning is just making things worse

Btw, I'm a meat eater, and a hunter. But hallal/kosher slaughter is barbaric imo

Edited by 1A.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 1A. said:

Imagine getting tasered before having your throat cut and bleed out for slaughter, humanely lol

The electric stunning is just making things worse

Btw, I'm a meat eater, and a hunter. But hallal/kosher slaughter is barbaric imo

Exactly, your example & what you say is 100% correct.  The stunning issue is used to defend cruel religious ritual slaughter and does not in mitigate the suffering of animals and is in no way best practice. The problem is also made more widespread because of commercial simplicity and efficiency, so more animals get slaughtered by halal methods and get consumed by infidels/unbelievers.

13 minutes ago, Orange Alert said:

Exactly, your example & what you say is 100% correct.  The stunning issue is used to defend cruel religious ritual slaughter and does not in mitigate the suffering of animals and is in no way best practice. The problem is also made more widespread because of commercial simplicity and efficiency, so more animals get slaughtered by halal methods and get consumed by infidels/unbelievers.

Reminds me of a job training I did with my coworkers in Malta. With lunch break we were served food and one of my Maltese coworkers asked if it was hallal to which the answer was yes. My Maltese coworkers all refused it, said it was against their catholic faith and they demanded regular food. We got pork chops :)

Kudos to my Maltese friends who stood their ground

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1A. said:

Reminds me of a job training I did with my coworkers in Malta. With lunch break we were served food and one of my Maltese coworkers asked if it was hallal to which the answer was yes. My Maltese coworkers all refused it, said it was against their catholic faith and they demanded regular food. We got pork chops :)

Kudos to my Maltese friends who stood their ground

were you eating in a muslim establishment?

1 minute ago, muir said:

were you eating in a muslim establishment?

Nope, the staff were all catholic Maltese as well. Lunch was served at the training facilities

Edited by 1A.

1 minute ago, 1A. said:

Nope, the staff were all catholic Maltese as well. Lunch was served at the training facilities

why was it hallal?

Just now, muir said:

why was it hallal?

We never got that answer. Same reason fast food places start serving hallal everywhere I guess. My point is, if we don't start standing up to these practices like my Maltese coworkers did, we will all be forced to eat hallal everywhere soon 

1 minute ago, 1A. said:

We never got that answer. Same reason fast food places start serving hallal everywhere I guess. My point is, if we don't start standing up to these practices like my Maltese coworkers did, we will all be forced to eat hallal everywhere soon 

i didn't know that was a thing

i know there are a lot of recent migrants from africa on malta though but i wasn't aware of any great market for halal food there

1 minute ago, muir said:

i didn't know that was a thing

i know there are a lot of recent migrants from africa on malta though but i wasn't aware of any great market for halal food there

I've spent allot of time on Malta due to my work from 2000 till 2015 and this was the only time I encountered this too