Stride

Is sport a waste of time

35 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

BBC programs.

Oh ok....I have no telly so didn't know.

Was his action within the programs compliant to the mass deception?

2 hours ago, ink said:

Oh ok....I have no telly so didn't know.

Was his action within the programs compliant to the mass deception?

Not really, what they have done is turn him into a genuine sportman and turned him into yet another Fred Dibnah and how great Britain used to be model, taking the piss basically out of the remaining engineering prowess and craftsmen and women of this country.

I see it as dirty money basically from criminals who are running amock with the minds of the people, bringing down their spunk and resolve, making do with what they offer us, not good.

6 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

turned him into yet another Fred Dibnah

I thought Fred was stunning! An old school man....and well when I saw the matter of fact way he did the things he did, including his engines, I was stunned.

9 minutes ago, ink said:

I thought Fred was stunning! An old school man....and well when I saw the matter of fact way he did the things he did, including his engines, I was stunned.

Think of those overhangs as a human assault course put there by the elite after they persuaded us to build it ourselves, and then tie our hands and legs together and fire the starting gun.

7 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Think of those overhangs as a human assault course put there by the elite after they persuaded us to build it ourselves, and then tie our hands and legs together and fire the starting gun.

I comprehend that which you state David....and I have watched some of your videos, excellent instruction, thank you....

but as this is a sporting thread, I shall put my question thus:

Do you consider that by playing pool within your local pub.......you can ever hope to win a game of snooker at the crucible?

We each effect the narrative in different ways.......

With that, I shorty will have guests and must depart for this day....on the morrow David :)

15 minutes ago, ink said:

I comprehend that which you state David....and I have watched some of your videos, excellent instruction, thank you....

but as this is a sporting thread, I shall put my question thus:

Do you consider that by playing pool within your local pub.......you can ever hope to win a game of snooker at the crucible?

We each effect the narrative in different ways.......

With that, I shorty will have guests and must depart for this day....on the morrow David :)

My answer would be, best make the table on which you play yourself, lay out the baize and the rules that if you break those rules yourself, ony then is the game lost.

Edited by The Apprentice

On 7/27/2019 at 7:06 PM, ink said:

he was some boy Fred!

I once climbed a chimney but it wasn't that big and it didn't have any overhangs. I don't fancy that climb.

My girlfriend watched that with me and asked 'what's he going to do at the top?' and i said 'he's going to base jump....that's his parachute on his back!'

he reminded me a bit of the famous rock climber from lancashire Don Whillans who packed in a career as a plumber to climb around the world. he was part of a movement of people out of the industrial cities in the 1950's seeking the crags and peaks of the British countryside to escape the soot and clamour of the cities

In scotland the creagh dhu club formed among the ship builders of clydeside who headed up to climb in the arrochar hills north of glasgow. You can still see their old club hut as you drive through glencoe

Don Whillans Myth and Legend - Trailer

Edited by muir

Whenever I go to a football match to a football league ground, you have a good mix of fans. The ones that just go to watch a match and go home quietly. And the ones that turn up to go to the game and cause trouble by chanting songs, also throwing insults aimed at the opposition.

Yes, but so is pretty much 99% of the stuff out there.

Sport however is a huge distraction, as George Orwell said ''Give them sport, beer and gambling and they will not revolt''.

Posted (edited)

In moderation it's okay, like most things. It's sad when grown men can tell you all these obscure sportsball facts, but couldn't tell you a damn thing about what's going on in the world. Them Norf FC memes make me chuckle though.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, bamboozooka said:

biological women might as well pack up..

Well the bio silver and bronze winners don't seem to mind that the tran in the middle beat them to the gold in a bike race..;)

trans-cyclist.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orange Alert said:

That's hillarious

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I had a trial for Leicester City Football Club in 1969, our team of triallists versus another team of triallists, and we won 4-2..:)

I - ahem - hit the back of the net twice, so I went home and waited for the manager to call round with a contract for me to sign.

I'm still waiting...

PS- later I became hooked on cycling and joined a local amateur cycling club and won a few races.

Below: me in action, nobody could live with me on the great climbs..:)

mick-cycle.jpg

Edited by Dropship

I could watch the Dallas Cheerleaders all day long 

Edited by 1A.

On 1/25/2020 at 11:39 AM, kashif333 said:

no, it's not a waste of time

Prove it!

I don't think sport is a waste of time. It's like Orwell said, plus in many cases gives the youth something to aspire to. I have no issue with men ogling cheerleaders and find it questionable why Formula 1 sanctimoniously ditched grid girls. One of my friends could have been one!

One of our local non-league football teams, further down the non-league pyramid currently, have already experienced two liquidations from the previous two clubs set up that failed, firstly in 2010 with the old club wound up over a unpaid tax bill due to the HMRC and then the next phoenix club wound up in 2017 with a unpaid bill owed to it's creditors, that forced the club to be liquidated. This new club, set up in 2017, had enjoyed two back-to-back promotions so far in it's very short lifespan (two and a half years in total). However around their very small ground, I see a lack of advertising and sponsorship in place with wages reported to be on average, £2,000 a week per player. I kind of fear history repeating itself again potentially!