Stride

Is sport a waste of time

As above, is sport a waste of time?

Generally speaking, it seems to be an outlet for 'pressure' in terms of a tribal nature, like a steam valve.

I can see that personally it might have health benefits, but then again what is the use in wearing out all your joints so that you have more pain in later life?

If you mean professional sport, then it's there for people to let off steam, like you said, and provide a mindless, meaningless distraction from important issues.

I really dig cricket, Australian Rules football...and that's it.; every other sport bores me to death.

As for personally participating in sport, drunk ping pong is the only thing I've dabbled in for about 25 years (I reckon I could beat more than a few Chinamen too).

For me, playing sport is like playing computer games - five minutes in and my mind has gone numb with the time-wasting pointlessness of it all.

just look at the neanderthal football supporter that stands behind the goal. and they wonder why racism will never be kicked out (even tho the minority is now the majority) and why the 100's of gay footballers in the prem will never openly come out.

Sport is great and supporting a team, no matter how bad (I support Morecambe fc) is just a way of cheering on who you want to see win a game and have some fun (win or lose).

Sport as in hiking, for instance, is a fantastic way to connect with nature, meditate while walking, see some amazing places and keep reasonably healthy at the same time. Definitely not at all a waste of time.

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2019 at 3:52 PM, Stride said:

I can see that personally it might have health benefits, but then again what is the use in wearing out all your joints so that you have more pain in later life?

thats a point that would go straight into health and diet. The entire nutrition system is based upon creating elite athletes

anyone following the government/state authorised nutrition guide  and NOT exercising past the age of 30 is going to end up with massive health problems

those athletes following the elite nutrition guide do end up with immediate joint problems

the high carb diet with low fat is causing sooo many physical problems

it drives me mad all the idiots spit out crap like "kids need more exercise", "couch potatoes" etc etc yet promote high carb diets

the high carb diet causes lethargy, the carb dopeyness, the glycogen flood

kids are being poisoned by cereals in the morning, bread at lunch, rice/pasta/potatoes at tea then sugar/carb snacks (fruit) -- its overload for all of them

the state is looking for the 0.01% elite athlete from age 4 and will screw over all others

sport --- is a waste of time (in footie 1% of the kids picked by pro clubs make it after 15 y/o -- 99% ditched prob the same for all other main sports)

fun and playing --- is good for mental and physical health

Edited by zArk

If pro football wasnt available - the UK males would soon wake up to the shit that has been and is being dumped on this country pretty fast. So for some, pro sport is doing exactly what is was meant to.

• Like 1

The S Port is a socio/political programming hub.

• Like 1

I encourage a new sports program which entails, Labour versus the Conservatives versus the Liberals, live on the grass, no weapons allowed, free bread and refreshments for all who turn up.