Sign in to follow this  
sickofallthebollocks

advice on trustworthy place in uk to get a lab test done on a wierd organism I found on myself?

Hi,   I need to get a lab test done on something I found, some kind of organism (creature - about 0.5mm)
I've seen places on duckduck.com search engine like privatelabresults.com and intertek.com, but I have no idea if these places are government related or otherwise untrustworthy?
This is a genuine request for help, I really don't know what to do, I just found something very small on me (0.1mm in length) at most, I have destroyed it using my fingernails and water came out.
I'm just intrigued - this is like no organisim/insect/bug that I've ever seen?   (if it is indeed an organism - and not just some form of detritus/skin ?? etc...)
I've looked at it under magnification on my mobile and it has strands of fibre or something coming out of it - it could just be something totally innocuous.  But for a few quid - I'd like to see what somebody makes of it?
Weird first question I know, but wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.  and thanks.
Will post pics and update on forum if I can get any help....  cheers.

Edited by sickofallthebollocks
corect spelling,grammar on 'I'm just intrigued...' sentence.

1 hour ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

Hi,   I need to get a lab test done on something I found, some kind of organism (creature - about 0.5mm)....
I just found something very small on me (0.1mm in length) at most, 

Are you sure you know what a mm is ?? This full stop  " . " is about 0.2mm in diameter .. I don't know how you could see it and see water come out when you squish it ...

You can save many hundred pounds by not going to a lab , just take some good pictures of it and post it on some medical forums , or here .

good question oz, yeah pretty good with measurements etc, although I was tired last night and in a rush to post this,   it's certainly less than a cm, probably 0.5mm to 0.8mm at most. Will post some pics in a while. cheers for getting back.

grammar

here it is, it's probably a seed? or something - maybe?.... just felt it, picked it off, it wasn't crawling so I squeezed my nails onto it it and broke it up a bit.  I put it under my phone lens with one of those magnifiers attached.

tng1.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sickofallthebollocks said:

here it is, it's probably a seed? or something - maybe?.... just felt it, picked it off, it wasn't crawling so I squeezed my nails onto it it and broke it up a bit.  I put it under my phone lens with one of those magnifiers attached.

tng1.jpg

Wow, that certainly looks organic doesn’t it? I’m in Seattle, so I don’t have any referrals for you, but I think you should trust your instincts and try to find an independent lab. 

Thanks for putting me off my dinner.

Just looks like a few disgusting flakes of skin and some hair follicles to me.

Off to throw up now.

ha haa, sorry to put you off yer brekkie size.  
And thanks for the replies, girls and boys, it's a weird thing to post I know, I'm a clean living chap, (even if I say so myself) so I was particularly perplexed about what this thing is.
I won't tell you where on me I found it, that'll put you off your brekfast, lunch and dinner .... and pudding.
Unless you insist. :classic_blush:
The reason I posted the question is that there is some research services here in the UK, that offer lab test etc...  but - do I trust them not to be connected to something establishment (ey)?   hmmmmmm.

ps. size of light
- totally possible it's just skin with hair follicles, a seed, or something as I couldn't see any distinguishable 'innards' in it - just a plain grey colour inside.
The hair fibres look black and I'm a blond though.  (just for info)
Cheers, anyway.

• Like 1

Its a midgie. He must have been on his holidays and you killed it. Youre not doing much good for tourism you cruel bastard! Midgies have to eat somewhere and its usually mammalian blood. I hope your cat doesnt have AIDS you disease riddled threat to insect migration.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:33 AM, sickofallthebollocks said:

Hi,   I need to get a lab test done on something I found, some kind of organism (creature - about 0.5mm)
I've seen places on duckduck.com search engine like privatelabresults.com and intertek.com, but I have no idea if these places are government related or otherwise untrustworthy?
This is a genuine request for help, I really don't know what to do, I just found something very small on me (0.1mm in length) at most, I have destroyed it using my fingernails and water came out.
I'm just intrigued - this is like no organisim/insect/bug that I've ever seen?   (if it is indeed an organism - and not just some form of detritus/skin ?? etc...)
I've looked at it under magnification on my mobile and it has strands of fibre or something coming out of it - it could just be something totally innocuous.  But for a few quid - I'd like to see what somebody makes of it?
Weird first question I know, but wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction.  and thanks.
Will post pics and update on forum if I can get any help....  cheers.

Edited post.

Edited by Truthspoon