Sign in to follow this  
FigTree

The LIKE RESPONSE button on each post ....

I seem to be unable to respond to the posts in threads because I don't have any LIKES/RESPONDS left in my daily allocation.

I usually run out of them within minutes of getting here and reading a few posts per day as I appreciate peoples input on the threads and it helps me know what I've read as well.

Do you have to have a certain amount of posts to get more allocated daily.

Can we get more allocated.

I find it very frustrating I cant respond to peoples posts in that manner.

I'm finding I have to write another post to say thankyou or LIke.

Cheers

27 minutes ago, size of light said:

I think it's the same limit for everyone because I've run out of them a few times myself when drunk.

😀 🍾 🍹

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, size of light said:

I think it's the same limit for everyone because I've run out of them a few times myself when drunk.

This is my second day without being able to respond to posts - how many did I use up - I'm having post POST withdrawals :classic_biggrin:

1 minute ago, FigTree said:

This is my second day without being able to respond to posts - how many did I use up - I'm having post POST withdrawals :classic_biggrin:

I think you get 10 per day (24 hours) its to do with the leader board at the top of the page. the people with the most interactions in posts get to go on the leader board

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

I think you get 10 per day (24 hours) its to do with the leader board at the top of the page. the people with the most interactions in posts get to go on the leader board

I have 9 left now :classic_biggrin:

8 hours ago, FigTree said:

I seem to be unable to respond to the posts in threads because I don't have any LIKES/RESPONDS left in my daily allocation.

I usually run out of them within minutes of getting here and reading a few posts per day as I appreciate peoples input on the threads and it helps me know what I've read as well.

Do you have to have a certain amount of posts to get more allocated daily.

Can we get more allocated.

I find it very frustrating I cant respond to peoples posts in that manner.

I'm finding I have to write another post to say thankyou or LIke.

Cheers

As Itsjaybigjay says, the limit is 10 in every 24 hour period which unfortunately cannot be changed. There has been some discussion of this already on the following thread which you might want to take a look at:

I find it frustrating too as I now have to ration my reactions. I don't keep count but I try and hold some back and split my likes between members if possible.

Edited by Mitochondrial Eve
  • Like 1

I Petition to have the number of likes REDUCED to 3 a Day .... there are rarely 3 good post a day on this forum ....

People sprinkle likes  on any old rubbish ,

just look at this thread  fig tree post 3 .... not even one word in his post and it gets a like ....

Then post 5 gets a like ...for What???? 

You should only applaud posts which someone has taken time over ... posts that increase your understanding of the subject. 

• Like 1

I'm outta LIKES set me free and let me out this misery
Just show me the way to get my life again
'Cause you can't handle me
Said I'm outta LIKES can't you see
Baby that you gotta set me free, I'm outta LIKES

You need cooling
Baby I'm not fooling
I'm gonna send ya
Back to schooling
A-way down inside
A-honey you need it
I'm gonna give you my LIKES
Want a whole lotta LIKES
Want a whole lotta LIKES
Want a whole lotta LIKES
Want a whole lotta LIKES
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, oz93666 said:

I Petition to have the number of likes REDUCED to 3 a Day .... there are rarely 3 good post a day on this forum ....

People sprinkle likes  on any old rubbish ,

just look at this thread  fig tree post 3 .... not even one word in his post and it gets a like ....

Then post 5 gets a like ...for What???? 

You should only applaud posts which someone has taken time over ... posts that increase your understanding of the subject. 

@oz93666

Use your LIKE's as you see fit, but please don't instruct me on your 'Best Practise's' of when and how I should use my allocation and the reasons for what I 'should' place it upon.

Thank-you to those who actually answered my question.

• Like 4

On 11/7/2019 at 9:02 AM, size of light said:
You need cooling
Baby I'm not fooling
I'm gonna send ya
Back to schooling
A-way down inside
A-honey you need it
Want a whole lotta LIKES
Want a whole lotta LIKES
Want a whole lotta LIKES
Want a whole lotta LIKES

24 hour period so even if sleep for under ten... Right get it now. Will contribute more as much as I can but business usual.

10 minutes ago, hayed joe said:

24 hour period so even if sleep for under ten... Right get it now. Will contribute more as much as I can but business usual.

It runs from the first time you 'liked' a post .... so if that was at 11am then that will run until the next day's 11am (you get 10 reactions) .... if then you don't give any likes it will reset upon completion of 24 hrs .... then re-start.

It is shit and Gareth has tried many times with the developers of the forum software to get the limit removed .... and they won't.

• Like 1

If we had an unlimited amount of likes, two deceivers could like every nonsense post the other wrote and win the day everyday.