Sign in to follow this  
size of light

If "Driving is a privilege, NOT a right" then who is granting the privilege?

Taxes pay for road maintenance and traffic management infrastructure, so why do they say driving is a 'privilege'?

Since drivers pay for the whole thing, who exactly is granting this privilege and what authority do they have to grant it anyway?

Sorry if this seems like a banal topic, but some smug, clueless dickhead parroted this line on Sky News Australia a couple of nights ago and it just wound me up.

Edited by size of light

Her most Brittanic Majesty, the Queen Elizabeth Miuntbatten Windsor owns the roads in australia you treacherous colonial convict. Pay your taxes and stop asking questions or you shall be deported to SpaceX world!

• Like 1

Well.... I don't think we can blame the cabal for this one ......

What basically has happened is that the People have decided they can't have idiots or underage drivers careering around the roads bashing into cars and killing people .... So the people have decided That the driving test examiner determines who has the right to drive on public roads ... 

Anyone can take the test , and if you can do the basics you're good to go ... The People have also decided you need insurance .... that's not unreasonable. 

22 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

Well.... I don't think we can blame the cabal for this one ......

What basically has happened is that the People have decided they can't have idiots or underage drivers careering around the roads bashing into cars and killing people .... So the people have decided That the driving test examiner determines who has the right to drive on public roads ... 

Anyone can take the test , and if you can do the basics you're good to go ... The People have also decided you need insurance .... that's not unreasonable. 

I think my problem is with the word 'privilege'.

Surely if you've passed this test, you've earned the RIGHT.

I'm probably just being semantic, but at the same time it's all to do with the Queen owning Australia, as phil said.

Some people use the word "right" in the sense of fundamental right like breathing, talking, procreating. The word privelege is used in contrast to mean a right granted by another. IE You have a right to a house but your landlord grants you the privelege of using his building.

12 minutes ago, phil stone said:

Some people use the word "right" in the sense of fundamental right like breathing, talking, procreating. The word privelege is used in contrast to mean a right granted by another. IE You have a right to a house but your landlord grants you the privelege of using his building.

OK, that makes sense and I'm not so aggravated now.

EDIT: I suppose you can't 'earn the right' to do anything then. You have rights and get granted privileges.

You couldn't 'earn a privilege' because if you'd already earned it, it wouldn't need to be 'granted'.

Now I'm boring myself and feel like I'm back in the Freeman on the Land section of the old forum.

I really need to get laid.

Edited by size of light

26 minutes ago, size of light said:

I really need to get laid.

Thats a privilege not a right :D 

Edited by MrA
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, size of light said:

Since drivers pay for the whole thing, who exactly is granting this privilege and what authority do they have to grant it anyway?

Sorry if this seems like a banal topic, but some smug, clueless dickhead parroted this line on Sky News Australia a couple of nights ago and it just wound me up.

they are psychologically preparing you for when they make cars driverless

if you complain that you no longer control the vehicle they will tell you that you never had a right to drive in the first place

this is social engineering to prime the public for change

car tax stopped going towards roads and infrastructure a long time ago.

you wont need to drive when you are in the megalopolis being a slave working eating then sleeping in a micro room.

Untitled8.jpg

57 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

you wont need to drive when you are in the megalopolis being a slave working eating then sleeping in a micro room.

yup so when you leave your micro-room someone else will move in to use that space

you'll need to book an electric driverless car that will then come and pick you up and take you were you want to go. The electricity will likely come form rothschild owned nuclear power stations

you will of course be recorded and monitored while in the car and your location constantly fed back to the central authorities. If they dislike your language or behaviour in the car then your credit score will be downgraded and if you are recorded as being the same area as someone on their black lists then this will feed into their pre-crime algorithms and you may become a suspect

• Like 1

'driving' is a performance in the position of employment

making a machine move is not the same

taxes are not to pay for things. taxes are tribute. 

book keeping turns a coin to create spare dosh to build and maintain. 

if its commerce, its obligations, privileges and duties

The british government is investing in driverless cars and 'smart' motorways

we are not talking about private enterprise eg tesla trying to convince governments that they should permit their form of technology onto public roads, we are talking about a conspiracy between government (the state) and the cartels (the neoliberal elites) to change society into a technocracy

they know that many people who don't have their head buried up their own schving-schving will know that the technocracy is about curtailing INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM and removing your freedom of movement or what we have for many generations now known as 'the freedom of the road'

To stave off this inevitable backlash from the public they have already begun their campaign of managing perceptions. This will occur on many levels. One level will involve making the roads so unworkable and unpleasant through congestion and roadworks that people will cry out for driverless cars (problem, reaction, solution). On top of that will be a psyop campaign of carrot and stick. the carrot will seek to sell the idea to you as an improvement on the current situation. they will tell you that driverless smart cars will avoid congestion and take you directly to available parking places. they will tell you that electric cars are 'clean energy'.

The stick will also be employed and that will take the form of implicit threats. Telling people that driving is a privilege not a right contains within it an implicit threat that you only live and drive by their grace which can be retracted at anytime and therefore you should keep your yap shut and accept whatever is dictated to you

Edited by muir

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:46 AM, MrA said:

Thats a privilege not a right :D 

That depends where you live

In some countries its still the case that a husband cannot rape his wife - as sex is his right

On 11/7/2019 at 3:47 AM, oz93666 said:

Then again, there are some people who think they are above having to have such a thing as a driver's licence - hence why I shake my head when courts sentence someone to jail time for driving without a licence, and then ban them from driving for two years. Like that stopped them in the first place!

9 hours ago, Eldnah said:

That depends where you live

In some countries its still the case that a husband cannot rape his wife - as sex is his right

Well thats one reason why I prefer to live with European people under European ideals 

One of many reasons actually 

• Like 1