Sign in to follow this  
Stride

Too quiet

Question

Hi guys

How can we bring about new members? This forum seems to be very quiet indeed. Are people still pining for the old forum.. and if so why?

14 answers to this question

Are some members of the old forum still boycotting this new forum? Why didn't members that didn't boycott it make the transition over to this forum? So many questions, so few answers.

The forum is swamped with trolls/shills and this is likely to be putting people off. Combine that with some people posting outlandish stuff that then discredits others by association and you can see how the truth movement can be taken down especially if the shills are the ones posting the outlandish stuff in the first place

Inside Israel’s million dollar troll army

Asa Winstanley The Electronic Intifada 12 June 2019

A global influence campaign funded by the Israeli government had a $1.1 million budget last year, a document obtained by The Electronic Intifada shows.

Act.IL says it has offices in three countries and an online army of more than 15,000.

In its annual report, from January, Act.IL says its goal is to “influence foreign publics” and “battle” BDS – the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement for Palestinian rights.

Through its app, Act.IL issues “missions” to this troll army in exchange for “cool prizes” and scholarships.

The app directs comments towards news websites in support of Israeli wars and racism, while attacking Palestinians and solidarity campaigners.

The leaked report claims Act.IL’s app completes 1,580 such missions every week.

Act.IL’s report was obtained by The Electronic Intifada thanks to researcher Michael Bueckert.

Bueckert monitors the app, and posts screenshots of its missions to the Twitter account Behind Israel’s Troll Army.

https://electronicintifada.net/content/inside-israels-million-dollar-troll-army/27566?utm_source=EI+readers&utm_campaign=fb78ad7b9d-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_e802a7602d-fb78ad7b9d-299185473

Posted (edited)

Invite

Word of mouth

Enjoy the pre-troll(!) days of this new forum.

I can't think of anyone not already on this website I know of who uses forums but these places are more worthwhile. When the Facebook type pages collapse it will be these forums as the last evidence of 1s and 0s left traceable.

Edited by hayed joe
"Regards" weird autocorrect
  • Like 1

I read the old forum but never signed up. I awoke and decided sign up to the new forum as I read so much and can’t find the information to re read. Glad to be here. 

• Like 1

Why was the old forum closed down?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Bee said:

I assumed it was because this format is mobile friendly? Assuming is bad but there are some realities about forums in the social media age.

Edited by Guivre

Posted (edited)
On 6/2/2019 at 2:37 PM, Bee said:

it was closed due to the amount of sock accounts that had bombarded it.

Edited by Jumpeogue

17 hours ago, Jumpeogue said:

it was closed due to the amount of sock accounts that had bombarded it.

Vbulletin can easily stop this and easily eradicate existing accounts. Verify email and captcha.

That is a cop out, it's like saying we submit to your action and you win.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Maybe some have tried this one, but compared to Vbulletin just don't like it. It has some better features, but is missing some of the useful features of Vbulletin - eg. simple things like post numbers.

We've been asked what features we'd like of this forum, but I don't remember reading any responses like "We can't do that because.." or "We can do that but we won't because..." or "Yes we can do that and will."

So not sure why we were asked in the first place.

Responses from the admins...?

Some forums ask a few specific questions related to the forum subjects discussed, or sometimes more of a freestyle question like "Why do you want to join the insect taxidermy forum?" before allowing people to join. This weeds out the non-human members and sometimes the bat-shit crazy human ones! Bit late for that here I suspect...

Edited by Janet W

I guess it is quiet because people have just moved on. There are better websites which offer better ways of opening discussion, and, as much as I hate to say it, social media websites like Facebook and Twitter etc have taken over the "fast moving online commentary" types of discussion.

The old David Icke forum existed just before social media really took off, so it stands to reason that some people won't have rejoined because they digest their daily dose of media via the David Icke page on FB etc.

Also, Icke's latest output is less relevant than his earlier work, and much of his modern work simply rehashes what has been said, and repeated, in other books. I was disappointed by Human Race Get Off Your Knees because it was simply a rehash of some older works put into context for its time. I haven't bought any of his stuff since.

I was hoping that Human Race was going to provide some solutions to the problems Icke outline, but it didn't. It was too tame for the hype that surrounded it, and, for me, it made me lose some respect for Icke. Now he has his two sons ruining his legacy, especially on Facebook, and it is sad to see.

On 3/11/2019 at 1:54 AM, Stride said:

Hi guys

How can we bring about new members? This forum seems to be very quiet indeed.

I think the reason being is rather self evident

Vbulletin seems not so popular nowadays. More and more Vbulletin forums are being replaced with this format.

Edited by QuodHumana

23 hours ago, Rupert Ugo said:

The "truth movement"? How very grandiose of you as a collective. If truth was your objective there wouldn't be so much debate about the crazy things claimed by you and others. I find it utterly pathetic that you imply the "shills" and "trolls" are opposing your movement of truf!! The reality is that normal people feel just as compelled to take this bullshit to task.

Rhubarb, the "normal people" as you describe them trudge along to their wage slave jobs and discuss game of thrones.

They lap up all the bullshit told to them by the MSM and never think for themselves and ridicule anyone who does.

3 minutes ago, It'sallbs said:

Rhubarb, the "normal people" as you describe them trudge along to their wage slave jobs and discuss game of thrones.

Well troll, once again you seek out one of my posts and blunder in like a half brain cell person. The "normal people" are referenced by me as the people who are not shills and trolls but merely compelled to RESPOND to this shit.

3 minutes ago, It'sallbs said:

They lap up all the bullshit told to them by the MSM and never think for themselves and ridicule anyone who does.

As opposed to people like you who lap up all the conspiracy shit fed to you, definitely never verify it yourself and complain when people find it ridiculous that you fall for such unadulterated pish.