ink

Council Members

Within this thread

https://social.davidicke.com/index.php?/topic/1961-referendum-lol/

I asked if you, as members, wished me to continue as a moderator .... you have voted and I shall abide by that vote.

I also stated that I was very concerned about my bias .... we all have this within us.

I posted within that thread this ....

On 11/2/2019 at 7:26 PM, ink said:

How would you, as members, feel about having a 'council'?

What I am on about is a group of members, lets say 5, who I could go to.

Not about the day to day moderation shit .... getting shot of bots and spammers .... but about sanctioning actual members!

So if I thought it necessary to restrict a member via moderation of posts, warning points, suspensions or banning .... I would present to the 'council' my thoughts and they would vote.

This would remove any bias I hold.

The 'council' would not have any permissions greater than a member .... but I, as a moderator, would be bound by their vote!

This has been done and is now active.

The next question is how have the members of the council been chosen .... I did it.

On the old forum I tried to get a magazine created .... and part of that is the Title .... I created all sorts of images and texts but I wished that the membership choose ... weeks later and from 10 we went to 50 back to 5 and then to 20!

It didn't work as there was no agreement ....

Thus I decided on a path which has created a Council of members and who have already revoked my actions and defined new instances of moderation.

I am bound by their 'vote' on any issue I bring to them.

Other mods are within the discussion but at the end it would be Admin who hold utter discretion on the forums actions.

The council is made up of 7 members.

I made two rules ....

1.  They must have over 50 posts
  2.  They must have a greater than 30% 'like' reaction to their posts

So then I went to this page

https://social.davidicke.com/index.php?/leaderboard/

And scrolled down where you can see the most 'liked' posts (individual posts) over the last month .... but it is done on a daily basis .... so each day it changes.

Then I took the highest 'liked' for that day who fulfilled the two requirements .... and asked them if they would become part of a Council of 7?

I did get knocked back by some members .... but I have 7 who have taken the task.

They have no greater permissions than any other member (don't ask them to do anything for you .... they cannot).

They have voted that they are known .... so this is the council

@Itsjaybigjay

@Vancity Eagle

@Mitochondrial Eve

@Silent Bob

@Golden Retriever

@Grumpy Owl

@peter

I post this as they have chosen that I do.

:)

i strongly reject this idea

it smacks of creating death panels who can decide who lives and dies

where is gareth icke? this is not a good development

david has discredited this idea of peoples assemblies as put forward by extinction rebellion

Edited by muir

2 minutes ago, muir said:

Hold up mate .... which is worst?

Just me making a choice?

Or 7 members voting on a choice?

And at the end .... Gareth has total option and control over his forum!

3 minutes ago, ink said:

Hold up mate .... which is worst?

Just me making a choice?

Or 7 members voting on a choice?

And at the end .... Gareth has total option and control over his forum!

having a secret panel is worst

if i disagreed before then i knew who to hold responsible: YOU

But now a staff member can shrug and say ''sorry it was the choice of the council, goodbye' and then ban people and who in that mysterious bureaucracy would be responsible?

this is less accountable then before not more accountable and i don't like how this was done in secret and the choosing of the people was completely arbitrary

this is creating a faceless state apparatus

Edited by muir

who in that mysterious bureaucracy would be responsible?

I am.

End of story on that .... I am.

But remember there is another mod who is NOT bound .... and has greater permissions than me .... who is within the conversation and could stop it at any time.

I just wish to remove my personal bias from moderation.

if the panel are like a common law jury with unanimous voting and a publically viewable 'trial' i am looking forward to it

and i think the accused should be afforded the opportunity to put his/her/x's (heh) voice into the matter

however a secret discussion, with a majority voting doesnt sit easy with me

just my tuppence

n.b i realise this forum is funded, run and owned by another who, by rights, can do what the hell he/she wants

Edited by zArk

1 minute ago, ink said:

I am.

End of story on that .... I am.

But remember there is another mod who is NOT bound .... and has greater permissions than me .... who is within the conversation and could stop it at any time.

I just wish to remove my personal bias from moderation.

you remove personal bias by consulting the other time tested moderators

if the users are unhappy with the decision they should have the opportunity to air their grievance in public forum

what you are doing is creating a new and unaccountable concentration of power

1 minute ago, zArk said:

if the panel are like a common law jury with unanimous voting and a publically viewable 'trial' i am looking forward to it

its a hand picked jury!

when would you ever be content with a hand picked jury?!

the point of a jury is that it is supposed to be randomly selected from a wider public who have NO INVESTMENT IN THE CASE. The forum members most definately ARE invested in forum matters

Edited by muir

what you are doing is creating a new and unaccountable concentration of power

also it encourages people to suck up to those people instead of debating the crap out of their arguments when they are wrong about things

no but i've seen more internet skullduggery then you've had hot dinners

its a really good yarn and a killer ending

3 minutes ago, zArk said:

its a really good yarn and a killer ending

i don't have time to read it in the context of this discussion though zArk!

lets imagine that a person in power...lets say boris johnson, made a public announcement and said that he has decided unilaterally to create a new cabinet of people that he is going to cherry pick from his own social circle that would help him make decisions relating to who was allowed access to goods and services

you'd cry fascism and rightly so

this is an unelected body being created right under our nose that will be given hidden powers to mould the forum

folks have you learned nothing?

Edited by muir

29 minutes ago, muir said:

david has discredited this idea of peoples assemblies as put forward by extinction rebellion

Death Panels!!! ,, 👀

Slight overreaction ,, I don't know why you have a problem with this ,, Rather than a decision made my only one person ,, a moderator can ask others for their views! What's wrong with that? Seems logical to me!

Maybe you don't like input from others you don't know ,, but you don't actually know anyone on the forum do you!?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, muir said:

i don't have time to read it in the context of this discussion though zArk!

i thought the OP was a Notice :S

Just now, zArk said:

i thought the OP was a Notice :S

i piss on notices

1 minute ago, jupiter12 said:

Death Panels!!! ,, 👀

Slight overreaction ,, I don't know why you have a problem with this ,, Rather than a decision made my only one person ,, a moderator can ask others for their views! What's wrong with that? Seems logical to me!

Maybe you don't like input from others you don't know ,, but you don't actually know anyone on the forum do you!?

no you don't know them

which is exactly why david with his experience of them in his time in the green party is warning you about it at 10 minutes and 37 seconds in this clip:

5G & The Climate Change Cult - David Icke

https://www.davidicke.com/video/557575/5g-climate-change-cult-david-icke

if this is implemented you are flying in the face of what david is saying and i will be putting that to gareth

1 minute ago, muir said:

i piss on notices

:D

10 minutes ago, muir said:

lets imagine that a person in power...lets say boris johnson, made a public announcement and said that he has decided unilaterally to create a new cabinet of people that he is going to cherry pick from his own social circle that would help him make decisions relating to who was allowed access to goods and services

Not really to do with it mate .... I would have banned a new member today but the council voted that I didn't.

And they are not my mates and I didn't cherry pick them.

And other mods can over ride my actions .... I just want to remove my bias .... I have done that which I needed to and now I dislike having to 'judge' other's words as it removes the need for them.

You would prefer that I personally make a limited choice rather than have the council of others to gain an informed decision?

6 minutes ago, muir said:

have a listen to david discussing this concept at 10 minutes and 37 seconds in his recent clip titled '5G & The Climate Change Cult - David Icke' seen here in which he discredits the concept of citizens assemblies:

https://www.davidicke.com/video/557575/5g-climate-change-cult-david-icke

The difference is Citizens assemblies as David is describing have facilitators to steer opinion. the council members don't. it's just seven ordinary members who have been asked to help a moderator be less bias in there decisions.

6 minutes ago, ink said:

Not really to do with it mate .... I would have banned a new member today but the council voted that I didn't.

And they are not my mates and I didn't cherry pick them.

And other mods can over ride my actions .... I just want to remove my bias .... I have done that which I needed to and now I dislike having to 'judge' other's words as it removes the need for them.

You would prefer that I personally make a limited choice rather than have the council of others to gain an informed decision?

no i would prefer you speak to the other  staff who have all been around a while and ask them

if there is an issue to be decided then put it to open forum where everyone can have a say and it is accountable

if that is what you truely want then that is what you would do. if you don't do that then you must have another agenda

Edited by muir

1 minute ago, Itsjaybigjay said:

The difference is Citizens assemblies as David is describing have facilitators to steer opinion. the council members don't. it's just seven ordinary members who have been asked to help a moderator be less bias in there decisions.

its the same dynamic

its creating a select group of people to decide for the many

it could be about an internet forum today and it could be a death panel deciding who gets medical treatment tomorrow. You know who wants death panels? bill gates

1 minute ago, muir said:

no i would prefer you speak to the other  staff who have all been around a while and ask them

And I do speak with Screaming eagle .... ?

Just now, ink said:

And I do speak with Screaming eagle .... ?

so why now create a deep state behind the official state?