ink

Council Members

The council's decision is done.

• Like 1

I've just got back and quite frankly I,m surprised at what I believe to be  rather immature responses and arguments by some members. Maybe we could all just settle down and take a deep breath for a moment

Personally I would not like Ink to stand down as a mod , but that is indeed entirely his decision

PS I don't think they should have been banned

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vancity Eagle said:

Well fuck it, since theres no law and order on here anymore.

No consequences for telling somebody to "rotate on their finger" or calling my mother a bitch.

fuck it then.

Seems you have created this mess.

Mr.A

you are a pathetic, dickless, crybaby with a low fucking self esteem, crying about everthing, and a racist piece of shit to boot.

Well ...

You support the ADL 

You support.international communism 

You support murdering unborn babies 

You support the mass replacement of people of European descent

And you pretend that there is no problem with raping murdering and generally shitting all over white european children 

So yeh 

I think Im.ok with calling you a.son of a bitch 

I can live with that 

My soul is at peace Mrs Bond 

Might not be possible with the software limitations, but I've got an idea...

If 1 or 2 people get into a catfight in a thread (or 1 person behaves in an ongoing unruly fashion), mods 'quarantine' them so that they can only post in a Sin Bin/Rant Thread for X amount of time. Other posters can continue interacting with them in the Sin Bin for the period of their 'punishment' so the angry discussions they were having can continue on in there until the penalty expires (and they've hopefully cooled down). The Sin Bin is a WIld West 'anything goes' thread like the old Rant Thread.

Bans/infraction points etc.continue as normal outside the Sin Bin, but this could be a way to diffusing ongoing issues while eliminating a lot of the back-and-forth between mods and members who feel they've been unfairly targeted for infractions, while preventing entire threads from being Ranted because of a few hotheads.

* stands back and waits for some pathetic, reactionary whiner to start saying : "Aw, for chrissake son, you caaaaaan't do that because (imaginary reasons)". *

Edited by size of light
  • Like 1

You can ban me if you want 

In fact I highly recommend tabling the notion at your council meetings

Ive been in this position plenty of times in my life 

And you know what I have learnt ? 

Apologizing gets you nowhere

So.im not apologizing I am re affirming my statements regarding vancity eagle 

I will not apologize and I stand by every word I have said here 

All of it 

3 minutes ago, size of light said:

If 1 or 2 people get into a catfight in a thread (or 1 person behaves in an ongoing unruly fashion), mods 'quarantine' them so that they can only post in a Sin Bin/Rant Thread for X amount of time. Other posters can continue interacting with them in the Sin Bin for the period of their 'punishment' so the angry discussions they were having can continue on in there until the penalty expires (and they've hopefully cooled down). The Sin Bin is a WIld West 'anything goes' thread like the old Rant Thread.

Bans/infraction points etc.continue as normal, but this could be a way to diffusing ongoing issues while eliminating a lot of the back-and-forth between mods and members who feel they've been unfairly targeted for infractions, while preventing entire threads from being Ranted because of a few hotheaded pricks.

* stands back and waits for some pathetic, reactionary whiner to start saying : "Aw, for chrissake son, you caaaaaan't do that because (imaginary reasons)". *

All the best threads.are in the rant rooms.anyway 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, MrA said:

All the best threads.are in the rant rooms.anyway 

Is there a Rant Room here? I didn't even know.

What I'm suggesting is to Rant members rather than entire threads for a period of time.

If nobody likes the idea, don't worry, I've got plenty more dumb ones up my sleeve!

Edited by size of light

5 minutes ago, size of light said:

Bans/infraction points etc.continue as normal, but this could be a way to diffusing ongoing issues while eliminating a lot of the back-and-forth between mods and members who feel they've been unfairly targeted for infractions, while preventing entire threads from being Ranted because of a few hotheaded pricks.

I think this is a good idea and, like the old rant room, the 'quarantine' should only be visible to members of the forum and not the public at large. There are concerns that there are infiltrators looking to discredit the forum and deliberately stirring up trouble - if such posts were moved to a less visible area of the forum, the reputational implications could be minimised.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, size of light said:

Is there a Rant Room here? I didn't even know.

What I'm suggesting is to Rant members rather than entire threads for a period of time.

If nobody likes the idea, don't worry, I've got plenty more dumb ones up my sleeve!

If people like vancity eagle get their say then any thread containing information that contradicts CNN.would get ranted 

21 hours ago, oz93666 said:

I like that image above , it does fit one aspect of my expression ......

Yes I will be checking punctuation and spelling .  And may ask for definitions of any words used .....

There is a need for a headmaster !!

With a big cane!!!

oz ,,

if you'd said ,,,,

headmasterccccc_zpsdn3o5vpe.jpg

''I like that image above , it does fit one aspect of my controlling expression ......

Yes I will be checking punctuation and spelling and punishing non compliance .  And may ask for definitions of any words used ..... and administering the cane to those that can't spell!

There is a need for a Headmaster !!

With a HUGE cane!!!''

aaaswxxx_zpsvrifjnrw.png

oz ,, I'd vote for you! 😎 ,, ''oz as Headmaster!''  ,, ☠️ :classic_biggrin:

I'm one for the easy life ,, totally hassle free ,,

Funny-quotes-funny-messages-Shoot-People

Edited by jupiter12

23 minutes ago, size of light said:

mods 'quarantine' them so that they can only post in a Sin Bin/Rant Thread

The forum software only allows admin to remove posting rights within sections/threads of the forum .... so you would need admin to be near always available for interaction!

13 minutes ago, MrA said:

If people like vancity eagle get their say then any thread containing information that contradicts CNN.would get ranted 

That's why temporarily ranting/sin-binning members instead of threads might work.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, oz93666 said:

It seems what is need is a stand alone system , that can run by itself , immune to corruption and miss management .....

Here's an idea ......

Any member who has made a 1000 posts , with at least 333 likes automatically has moderator privileges . He or She  can edit or delete posts and Provisionally ban members...

any people with a little determination can rig that system by posting lots and liking each other lots

GCHQ or mossad or anyone else could flood the staff with their operatives

8 minutes ago, ink said:

The forum software only allows admin to remove posting rights within sections/threads of the forum .... so you would need admin to be near always available for interaction!

So, for example, if I got into a heated discussion with someone and went overboard, if a mod was around they could quarantine me in a single thread (The Sin Bin)?

...or did you just explain that can't be done and I didn't read it right?

Edited by size of light

On 11/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, ink said:

Gareth pops in once in a while .... has 50 odd posts but 28 of them were in the construction of the forum back in Jan/Feb.

Jamie has only ever logged in once .... thats it.

Who the hell Dale is .... I have no idea but would guess that they are paid for 'tech' from Invision .... so the webmaster.

Tealady has NEVER even logged on to the forum.

Mad max logged in back in Feb 17th.

Abrilliantone has 7 posts and last logged in Aug 4th ....

That doesn't answer the question of where those people are and why they have gone when they were such active members before?

Oh and Oz .... I did pass on your offer to Gareth.

I like OZ but i don't always agree with him and have been alarmed by some things he has said

The guy is a self confessed thelemite which means he belongs to aleister crowleys RELIGION. Does the david icke forum really want the member of an occult religion on its staff?

• Thanks 2

All I wanted was to remove my personal bias .... which is actually so very far from the left .... but!

By taking council from a body of the membership .... who would vote on MY actions.

you should have consulted the forum especially after all the other stuff that has been going on recently

12 minutes ago, size of light said:

That's why temporarily ranting/sin-binning members instead of threads might work.

Im in favor of allowing it all to be aired in public 

Bad language and all 

There is a reason that certain members want to battle all the time 

Its a genuine reflection if whats taking place out there in the real world 

Ive made it clear where I stand and if I havent I will.state it again

Im a pro white , pro European nationalist 

Some members dont like that at all 

And people need to ask themselves why 

*edit* and I know Icke has tried to explain the nature of five sense reality and that we are actually.much more than just the body

And I agree with a lot of that 

However I dont think its wise to ignore the creator who made us as we are 

I also.notice that Icke never has a stop in majority non white countries on his world tours

When I see him selling out a stadium in Karachi for his 10 hour lecture on the nature of reality I will give up on the ideals of western nationalism and trying to secure a future for my white children 

Until then , race matters a lot to me 

Edited by MrA

7 minutes ago, size of light said:

So, for example, if I got into a heated discussion with someone and went overboard, if a mod was around they could quarantine me in a single thread (The Sin Bin)?

No mods couldn't .... mods can warn you .... give you points (which do fuck all .... although the software holds a ban mode which is invoked by a set number of points .... what that number is is set by admin, could be 10, 20, 50, 100 etc and mods cannot see it) .... sanction you via moderation of content, suspensions or banning you!

Mods cant create sections of the forum nor can they limit individual members to sub sections .... only admin can.

2 minutes ago, ink said:

No mods couldn't .... mods can warn you .... give you points (which do fuck all .... although the software holds a ban mode which is invoked by a set number of points .... what that number is is set by admin, could be 10, 20, 50, 100 etc and mods cannot see it) .... sanction you via moderation of content, suspensions or banning you!

Mods can create sections of the forum nor can they limit individual members to sub sections .... only admin can.

Got it.Thanks.

I think a modified version of the rant room could be the answer to these issues. The main issue with the rant room on the old DIF was that entire threads, which had often started out with the best intentions, could easily be hijacked and end up in the rant room. The less inflammatory contributions went with it. If threads start to turn abusive or turn into a catfight which divert from the topic at hand, should not the members responsible be placed in the rant room rather than the entire thread?

There will of course then be disputes from members as to why they have been placed in 'quarantine'...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, muir said:

That doesn't answer the question of where those people are and why they have gone when they were such active members before?

That is a question I cannot answer as I do not know!

Just now, MrA said:

Im a pro white , pro European nationalist

I like to think of myself as pro-humanity and if you'd spoken to me when i was younger i would have said that borders should be dropped and all people should mix and that the sooner we were all the same skin shade the better

now i'm older i realise that there is more to the equation and that there are many more implications to all of this for example maintaining the regional diversity of humanity and that the true goal of the neoliberal, progressive left is actually to smash all genuine diversity to create a rootless, blank slate of people with no sense of purpose or meaning who become helpless slaves of a central authority

I look into the globalised, corporate, consumerist pseudo-culture offered up by the progressives and i see a souless void

8 minutes ago, ink said:

My guess is they're just lapsed members who were moderators and they've been left on the mod list so it appears that the forum is more heavily moderated than it really is.

A good idea to deter any potential trolls thinking of joining the forum.

One of the Forum Advisors on the old forum still had that title years after he stopped posting.

Edited by size of light

1 minute ago, ink said:

I'm still reading through this thread to catch up on the discussion but does anyone here know what happened to those people because i remember something about tealady issuing a warning before the swap over to the new forum...