Jump to content
serpentine

UK railways cannot cope

Recommended Posts

https://www.davidicke.com/article/558356/uk-railways-cannot-cope-climate-crisis-says-rail-boss

 

There is nothing there that hasn't happened in the past.

 

But for anyone unfortunate enough to regularly travel by train a prime need with these supposed higher temperatures would be to have air conditioning that was man enough to keep things pleasant in badly overcrowded carriages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would require expenditure and we can't be doing that. 

Tickets please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the population of the country has grown by about 10 million in about 20 years so of course nothing is going to be able to cope

 

what we are seeing is a slow motion collapse

 

but structural collapse occurs in such a way that it accelerates as it continues

Edited by muir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using this thread to make a point about the Fly-be bailout as New Thread not working.

 

My point:

Rather than prop up an airline carrier who is unfairly affected by the current system what they should be doing is investing properly in the Railways so it is an attractive option for those wishing to travel around the country.

I can understand people travelling from the South West to the North East or Scotland would like to have the option of flying but I'm sure that more would use the Railways if the system was not operating in Basic Mode.

 

Given that air travel consumes far more fuel per mile I would have thought  most people would prefer journeys of 200 miles or less be carried out by train.

Rather than waste vast sums on HS2 which isn't really necessary I would have thought a far more intelligent use of the money would be to upgrade the existing Rail network so that it actually functions properly and is an attractive option. 

This would create jobs, facilitate business and leisure and move away from a very polluting form of travel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wishing to be too political, it started in the late 1970's, the Thatcher government was vehemently anti-rail, likely due to the strong rail unions. They remain strong, which is a good thing in my book!

 

HS2 is misunderstood. I think a lot of people believe it is about getting to Birmingham 15 minutes quicker. It is not, it is about capacity. The main lines from London to the North are at capacity, no more trains can be run, no more passengers catered for. Therefore, more track needs to be laid.

 

And do we need it! Has anyone travelled recently in say....Holland, Belgium, Germany, Scandinavian countries, France - their rail systems are light years ahead of ours. Rail travel there is a pleasure, not a lottery as it is here in the UK. One very basic fact....they generally run on time. You would have thought that was, within reason, simple? In the UK the companies have essentially given up on that, in my (quite frequent) experiences.   

 

Successive governments have been so short-sighted when it comes to rail. I think most transport minister don't understand rail, they don't use it. Electrification projects cancelled, rail companies pandered to when they should have their franchises stripped, whilst we subsidise them more and more.

 

Oh and of course, any state provider can bid for our franchises....except our own government! Crazy, give me  a year in charge, it would be so much better. 

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strummer101 said:

Not wishing to be too political, it started in the late 1970's, the Thatcher government was vehemently anti-rail, likely due to the strong rail unions. They remain strong, which is a good thing in my book!

 

wrong as the branch lines were removed under successive conservative AND labour governments due to Beechings report:

 

''The general election in October 1964 returned a Labour government under Prime Minister Harold Wilson after 13 years of Conservative government. During the election campaign Labour had promised to halt rail closures if elected, but it quickly backtracked, and later oversaw some of the most controversial closures. Tom Fraser was appointed Minister of Transport, but was replaced by Barbara Castle in December 1965. Castle published a map in 1967,[45]Network for Development, showing the railway system "stabilised" at around 11,000 route miles (17,700 km).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beeching_cuts

 

1 hour ago, Strummer101 said:

HS2 is misunderstood. I think a lot of people believe it is about getting to Birmingham 15 minutes quicker. It is not, it is about capacity. The main lines from London to the North are at capacity, no more trains can be run, no more passengers catered for. Therefore, more track needs to be laid.

 

the closure of the railway lines by labour and the tories was imo about boosting the car industry and the oil industry which tie back to the rothschild cabal

 

the HS2 project is really part of a much wider scheme that goes across europe and also potentially then links into chinas one belt one road system. This is because it is part of a globalist scheme that transcends the british government. it is part of UN Agenda 2030 or what david would call 'the hunger games society' where all people are driven off the land and into high density 'smart cities' which are linked by high speed railways so that you don't travel into the 'rewilded' areas in between

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Strummer101 said:

Not wishing to be too political, it started in the late 1970's, the Thatcher government was vehemently anti-rail, likely due to the strong rail unions. They remain strong, which is a good thing in my book!

 

The reason why the railways were put into the austerity basket was due to them being too efficient and on time, here the corporate conundrums moved into overdrive, and there-in is a clue, Drive was to be the next money making scheme, where millions of individuals would be paying the road tax and buying fuel which was highly taxed, where as the railways took you where you wanted to go en-mass with one long train full of paying passengers, as well as the post and the locally and regional made goods, society was becomming too organized and stable, the Corp % Co. simply never wanter society to remain comfortable.

 

Meanwhile Hong Kong was opening up and the policies and manuals that Bertrand Russell took to China in 1923 was just beginning to finds its feet.

 

I lived right through this period and loved travelling on the steam trains to just about any destination, then came the fall off of the veritable corporate cliff.

 

We are just about to hit the rocks below Beachy Head.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Strummer101 said:

HS2 is misunderstood. I think a lot of people believe it is about getting to Birmingham 15 minutes quicker. It is not, it is about capacity. The main lines from London to the North are at capacity, no more trains can be run, no more passengers catered for. Therefore, more track needs to be laid.

 

 

I can agree with you on that point, I do get tired of reading complaints about "spending billions on making journeys to Birmingham faster" without people looking at the bigger picture.

 

Of course HS2 will provide some much needed capacity boost, in particular for those travelling direct to/from Birmingham and London. The hope being that those passengers will use the HS2 service, and leave the passengers using the 'intermediary' stations on the regular mainline services.

 

But at the moment no-one has any idea of what HS2 fares might cost, and my concern is that they will be ridiculously expensive, after all this project will have to pay for itself in the long term.

 

Given the choice between paying £150 for a fast 45min direct journey from Birmingham to Euston, or paying £6 for a slower 2hr 50min journey, I know which one I'd be regularly using.

 

So my concern is that if HS2 is priced out of the reach of most 'ordinary' people, the existing mainline services will continue to have the same capacity issues as they do now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 10:51 AM, muir said:

 

wrong as the branch lines were removed under successive conservative AND labour governments due to Beechings report:

 

''The general election in October 1964 returned a Labour government under Prime Minister Harold Wilson after 13 years of Conservative government. During the election campaign Labour had promised to halt rail closures if elected, but it quickly backtracked, and later oversaw some of the most controversial closures. Tom Fraser was appointed Minister of Transport, but was replaced by Barbara Castle in December 1965. Castle published a map in 1967,[45]Network for Development, showing the railway system "stabilised" at around 11,000 route miles (17,700 km).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beeching_cuts

 

 

the closure of the railway lines by labour and the tories was imo about boosting the car industry and the oil industry which tie back to the rothschild cabal

 

the HS2 project is really part of a much wider scheme that goes across europe and also potentially then links into chinas one belt one road system. This is because it is part of a globalist scheme that transcends the british government. it is part of UN Agenda 2030 or what david would call 'the hunger games society' where all people are driven off the land and into high density 'smart cities' which are linked by high speed railways so that you don't travel into the 'rewilded' areas in between

Let me make is crystal - Thatcher NEVER travelled by train, she was anti-rail and pro-road, that cannot be disputed. Nothing to do with Beeching cuts, I am not going that far back. 

 

HS2 in not part of any globalist nonsense, it does seem that you are not capable of viewing anything other than through this prism. If it was as you suggest, it would have been built years ago, Tory-voting villages trampled underfoot. There will be no freight on HS2, that will continue to trundle up the WCML to the well-known Globalist hub of er........Daventry! 

 

We are eons behind continental rail travel, and even further afield, high-speed rail is embraced. We are still running ancient diesel units out of St Pancras and Paddington, electrification cancelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 11:38 AM, The Apprentice said:

 

The reason why the railways were put into the austerity basket was due to them being too efficient and on time, here the corporate conundrums moved into overdrive, and there-in is a clue, Drive was to be the next money making scheme, where millions of individuals would be paying the road tax and buying fuel which was highly taxed, where as the railways took you where you wanted to go en-mass with one long train full of paying passengers, as well as the post and the locally and regional made goods, society was becomming too organized and stable, the Corp % Co. simply never wanter society to remain comfortable.

 

Meanwhile Hong Kong was opening up and the policies and manuals that Bertrand Russell took to China in 1923 was just beginning to finds its feet.

 

I lived right through this period and loved travelling on the steam trains to just about any destination, then came the fall off of the veritable corporate cliff.

 

We are just about to hit the rocks below Beachy Head.

 

 

Not sure that the 1970's BR was a 'golden age', I am actually not arguing that it was in any way perfect back then. As I recall, the Thatcher government viewed the state-run rail as Bad, and the private car ownership as Good, pretty much on the narrow blinkered terms. 

 

Leaving any talk of Jews and cabals to one side, can we just be like a provincial town in the Netherlands - you will very likely step off a train that has arrived on time, on to a platform that is clean, board a waiting bus, (probably newish and electric as opposed to old and diesel) or tram, to continue your onward journey. It is just joined-up thinking on transport, and we just don't seem to get it in the UK.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strummer101 said:

Let me make is crystal - Thatcher NEVER travelled by train, she was anti-rail and pro-road, that cannot be disputed. Nothing to do with Beeching cuts, I am not going that far back. 

 

HS2 in not part of any globalist nonsense, it does seem that you are not capable of viewing anything other than through this prism. If it was as you suggest, it would have been built years ago, Tory-voting villages trampled underfoot. There will be no freight on HS2, that will continue to trundle up the WCML to the well-known Globalist hub of er........Daventry! 

 

We are eons behind continental rail travel, and even further afield, high-speed rail is embraced. We are still running ancient diesel units out of St Pancras and Paddington, electrification cancelled. 

 

In a system in decline especially where manufacturing is concerned we don't need a faster larger rail network, it is all based upon creativity and the ability to export those commodities quickly once they are made, so the goods do not sit in storage or in ships standing waiting to load unload off shore where taxes cannot be applied.

 

As China and India begin to expand further our rail network will be used for corporate gains only, where goods from afar will be brought into collection points for re-distribution by road, it will be like a one way journey, and those re-distributions are all over the country already, simply track your goods from the mail order giants back to these units, which I have done which now have a foreign address so you cannot see what they are doing, all tax exempt BTW, they pass those taxes onto the purchaser.

 

Unless we begin making things again we are basically going to die and the workforce moth balled for later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Strummer101 said:

Not sure that the 1970's BR was a 'golden age', I am actually not arguing that it was in any way perfect back then. As I recall, the Thatcher government viewed the state-run rail as Bad, and the private car ownership as Good, pretty much on the narrow blinkered terms. 

 

Leaving any talk of Jews and cabals to one side, can we just be like a provincial town in the Netherlands - you will very likely step off a train that has arrived on time, on to a platform that is clean, board a waiting bus, (probably newish and electric as opposed to old and diesel) or tram, to continue your onward journey. It is just joined-up thinking on transport, and we just don't seem to get it in the UK.  

 

The Uk was once like that, but we had steam trains and horse and carts and trains that were on time, remember trains reached almost every village.

 

If we stopped propping up the corporate croney system we would go back to a more de-centralized system, where local not global based reality runs the show.

Edited by The Apprentice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

I can agree with you on that point, I do get tired of reading complaints about "spending billions on making journeys to Birmingham faster" without people looking at the bigger picture.

 

Of course HS2 will provide some much needed capacity boost, in particular for those travelling direct to/from Birmingham and London. The hope being that those passengers will use the HS2 service, and leave the passengers using the 'intermediary' stations on the regular mainline services.

 

But at the moment no-one has any idea of what HS2 fares might cost, and my concern is that they will be ridiculously expensive, after all this project will have to pay for itself in the long term.

 

Given the choice between paying £150 for a fast 45min direct journey from Birmingham to Euston, or paying £6 for a slower 2hr 50min journey, I know which one I'd be regularly using.

 

So my concern is that if HS2 is priced out of the reach of most 'ordinary' people, the existing mainline services will continue to have the same capacity issues as they do now.

I know, the fares will be interesting. From what I have seen of the work at Euston and Curzon St in Birmingham, there will be no going back on that part of the route. My fear is that will be it - London to Birmingham and no further, for now at least.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Strummer101 said:

Let me make is crystal - Thatcher NEVER travelled by train, she was anti-rail and pro-road, that cannot be disputed. Nothing to do with Beeching cuts, I am not going that far back. 

 

well if i wanted to be brutal i could call that lying by omission. Essentially you are trying to pin the decline in the railways on the conservatives perhaps to fit your own political bias which i have established through discussions with you on those matters in other threads and what i'm doing is bring greater accuracy in to counter balance your distortive bias by showing that actually both political parties have screwed the railways

 

12 minutes ago, Strummer101 said:

HS2 in not part of any globalist nonsense, it does seem that you are not capable of viewing anything other than through this prism. If it was as you suggest, it would have been built years ago, Tory-voting villages trampled underfoot. There will be no freight on HS2, that will continue to trundle up the WCML to the well-known Globalist hub of er........Daventry! 

 

We are eons behind continental rail travel, and even further afield, high-speed rail is embraced. We are still running ancient diesel units out of St Pancras and Paddington, electrification cancelled. 

 

HS2 IS part of the globalist infrastructure project to link london to major centres in the north such as glasgow and of course through the giant frikkin tunnel that they built under the english channel that network would then DIRECTLY tie into the pan-european network

 

cast your mind back to the recent event involving some european leaders and a very strange pagan dance ceremony that was held to celebrate the carving of a tunnel through a mountain in switzerland that was the longest in the world for a railway which i suggest is also part of that globalist UN Agenda 2030 high speed railway network which itself could then tie into technocratic chinas high speed railway network which they are extending from the east across towards europe through their one belt one road system

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, muir said:

 

well if i wanted to be brutal i could call that lying by omission. Essentially you are trying to pin the decline in the railways on the conservatives perhaps to fit your own political bias which i have established through discussions with you on those matters in other threads and what i'm doing is bring greater accuracy in to counter balance your distortive bias by showing that actually both political parties have screwed the railways

 

 

HS2 IS part of the globalist infrastructure project to link london to major centres in the north such as glasgow and of course through the giant frikkin tunnel that they built under the english channel that network would then DIRECTLY tie into the pan-european network

 

cast your mind back to the recent event involving some european leaders and a very strange pagan dance ceremony that was held to celebrate the carving of a tunnel through a mountain in switzerland that was the longest in the world for a railway which i suggest is also part of that globalist UN Agenda 2030 high speed railway network which itself could then tie into technocratic chinas high speed railway network which they are extending from the east across towards europe through their one belt one road system

 

 

 

 

 

 

Railways have always been the most secure rouut for sensitive goods, hark back to the gulag era where useful slave workers were transported, dare I say Fema Workers instead once the global system is complete, makes you think does'nt it.

 

Look at what kind of uniforms the dancers are wearing, workers uniforms, see the empty cities all with rail links and the bigger picture open up before you.

 

Also see where the artery crosses, port to port, sea to shining sea, but what of England and the route to the channel rail link, are we to become a sleepy backwater?

 

 

tunnel swiss.jpg

Edited by The Apprentice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

Railways have always been the most secure rouut for sensitive goods, hark back to the gulag era where useful slave workers were transported, dare I say Fema Workers instead once the global system is complete, makes you think does'nt it.

 

yes the soviet marxist gulags were built along the railways

 

the other thing that can be moved quickly across land now through these railways is migrants which can be used to overwhelm target areas by overburdening their infrastructure and by watering down the societal identity and cohesion leading to a systemic failure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, muir said:

 

yes the soviet marxist gulags were built along the railways

 

the other thing that can be moved quickly across land now through these railways is migrants which can be used to overwhelm target areas by overburdening their infrastructure and by watering down the societal identity and cohesion leading to a systemic failure

 

The marxist propgram was one of slavery an ideology that is growing exponentially, once the global links are complete they won't see people as imigrants but imigrunts, who are currently being educated for the next workforce to be re-distributed, English will be the chosen language for the whole of the EU sector, the Eu already trains its children to learn Emglish.

 

England is almost the sleepy backwater slavery colony, making itself ready for the next global slavery union on the planet, lets see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

The marxist propgram was one of slavery an ideology that is growing exponentially, once the global links are complete they won't see people as imigrants but imigrunts, who are currently being educated for the next workforce to be re-distributed, English will be the chosen language for the whole of the EU sector, the Eu already trains its children to learn Emglish.

 

If you note the UN's migration compact it is essentially trying to change language by not recognising that anyone is a migrant. Under the charter anyone can essentially go anywhere and this is because under marxist thought the world must undergo WORLD REVOLUTION and this means that the marxist system must not exist in pockets where people may choose to have it but MUST be taken across the entire world and forced onto everyone

 

Under this mindset there are no countries and therefore no one can be an immigrant as there is only one world with one central government (run by the marxist purists)

 

It is also a materialist conception of reality which does not see each human as a unique expression of a divine creation but rather as a resource that is to be used and allocated. It views humans more mechanistically which means that if they see any humans as surplus to requirements or as an impediment to the machine then those humans are to be fixed (re-education), contained (put in gulags) or shut down (shot) so that they may not in anyway threaten the running of the single-minded machine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, muir said:

 

well if i wanted to be brutal i could call that lying by omission. Essentially you are trying to pin the decline in the railways on the conservatives perhaps to fit your own political bias which i have established through discussions with you on those matters in other threads and what i'm doing is bring greater accuracy in to counter balance your distortive bias by showing that actually both political parties have screwed the railways

 

 

HS2 IS part of the globalist infrastructure project to link london to major centres in the north such as glasgow and of course through the giant frikkin tunnel that they built under the english channel that network would then DIRECTLY tie into the pan-european network

 

cast your mind back to the recent event involving some european leaders and a very strange pagan dance ceremony that was held to celebrate the carving of a tunnel through a mountain in switzerland that was the longest in the world for a railway which i suggest is also part of that globalist UN Agenda 2030 high speed railway network which itself could then tie into technocratic chinas high speed railway network which they are extending from the east across towards europe through their one belt one road system

It is almost impossible to communicate with you sensibly. Have you ever admitted that you might be wrong? Try it, it is liberating.

 

The bulk of HS2 is about to be CANCELLED north of Villa Park, so work that one out.  

 

I humbly withdrawn now from this conversation sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strummer101 said:

It is almost impossible to communicate with you sensibly. Have you ever admitted that you might be wrong? Try it, it is liberating.

 

I prefer to know what i'm talking about

 

1 minute ago, Strummer101 said:

The bulk of HS2 is about to be CANCELLED north of Villa Park, so work that one out.

 

for now as the programme at this end of the scheme might be experiencing some issues with its human population

 

meanwhile chinas one belt one road scheme continues the over scheme from the east moving ever closer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, muir said:

It is also a materialist conception of reality which does not see each human as a unique expression of a divine creation but rather as a resource that is to be used and allocated. It views humans more mechanistically which means that if they see any humans as surplus to requirements or as an impediment to the machine then those humans are to be fixed (re-education), contained (put in gulags) or shut down (shot)

 

This has already been expressed in the "Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars" pamphlet, and humans being looked upon as kilojules or energy, this fits my thesis perfectly like our physical labour model being the true currency of the planet, and whoever owns or control that commodity are the greatest benefactors.

 

A kilojule is a  unit in nutrition equivalent to 0.239 of a calorie

 

This is why our physical energy needs to be retained at all costs, otherwise we all eat at each others energy like no other form of energy can be, but if we share that energy we can be much better off.

 

Again we need to skill up to survive on our own terms, there is no other way to even the scores.

Edited by The Apprentice
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, muir said:

 

I prefer to know what i'm talking about

 

 

for now as the programme at this end of the scheme might be experiencing some issues with its human population

 

meanwhile chinas one belt one road scheme continues the over scheme from the east moving ever closer

 

What is ironic about all of this is, what is driving it beyond our labourous slog, and what is also devoid within true nature, Money, Religion and laws made by both to control that labour and mindset, the two ellements could not survive as they are right now and would soon starve as all Varroa should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UN Agenda 2030 high speed railways...(what david would call the 'hunger games society')

How High Speed Rail Could Transform The US By 2030, Map Of US High Speed Rail System [PHOTO]

By Carey Vanderborg @CareyDrew2
02/06/13 AT 12:46 PM
 

While California appears on track to break ground this summer on a new high-speed-rail system, advocacy groups such as the U.S. High-Speed-Rail Association are continuing their focus on nationwide expansion.

Led by U.S. Department of Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, the high-speed-rail association has released a plan that maps out a 17,000 mile national high-speed-rail system that would be built in four phases and be completed by 2030.

The independent, nonprofit group suggests that this new national system will “revitalize our economy, reactivate our manufacturing sector, create millions of jobs, end our oil dependency, reduce congestion, and cut our carbon footprint by epic proportions.”

 

The group’s plan calls for a three-tiered, integrated rail network.  The backbone of the network is the high-speed-rail system, connected to the regional and local rail systems in a seamless network.  This network includes regional and commuter rail, metro systems, light rail, streetcars and trams.

According to the group, the map phasing follows the most logical sequence for a national system build out -- starting with the largest cities in the busiest corridors, then expanding to connect those together across the country.  The busiest corridors are known as "megaregions" and have been studied extensively by the Regional Plan Association.  Their analysis and mapping of the 10 megaregions forms the platform for the development of a national high-speed-rail plan.

 

Based on this map, starting in Los Angeles, high-speed-rail express lines could potentially move passengers to New York, with stops in Denver and Chicago, in well under 18 hours.

According to LaHood, as cited by Business Insider, the project could link 80 percent of Americans within 25 years, for $500 billion.

https://www.ibtimes.com/how-high-speed-rail-could-transform-us-2030-map-us-high-speed-rail-system-photo-1066334

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

 

What is ironic about all of this is, what is driving it beyond our labourous slog, and what is also devoid within true nature, Money, Religion and laws made by both to control that labour and mindset, the two ellements could not survive as they are right now and would soon starve as all Varroa should.

 

well institutionalised religion may have clamped down on science because it threatened their stranglehold on perception but now science is doing the same in its mechanistic perception of reality

 

they have both become control systems that create a paradigm that is then aggressively upheld

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×