Stride

We have not always had freedom of speech.

Just now, muir said:

oh you were correcting your post....i thought you were correcting mine

i don't think its any secret those people were banned. i think it was even announced somewhere but i'm just going to check that. Some bannings have certainly been discussed in open forum

What i'd say though is that each person who was banned was given multiple warnings but carried on their pattern of behaviour

I don't think so

7 minutes ago, 1A. said:

I don't think so

not all warnings are as warning points

sometimes the staff will try having a friendly word with the person and when that doesn't work a warning point might be issued

for example one poster who was banned was caught repeatedly trying to foment trouble against the staff behind their backs

my advice is don't do that. Just discuss the issues at hand and don't shit stir and you'll be fine

Just now, muir said:

not all warnings are as warning points

sometimes the staff will try having a friendly word with the person and when that doesn't work a warning point might be issued

for example one poster who was banned was caught repeatedly trying to foment trouble against the staff behind their backs

my advice is don't do that. Just discuss the issues at hand and don't shit stir and you'll be fine

I'll do my utmost best to obey the rules of this forum. And in case of any problems I will take every effort to resolve it with the mods in a civilized matter

I do however like to talk freely about controversial topics. And I do call out people who support ideologies or policies that threaten freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of movement, and freedom in general.

I noticed (from your bad spelling) many here are British so I won't start about 2A

13 minutes ago, 1A. said:

I'll do my utmost best to obey the rules of this forum. And in case of any problems I will take every effort to resolve it with the mods in a civilized matter

I do however like to talk freely about controversial topics. And I do call out people who support ideologies or policies that threaten freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of movement, and freedom in general.

I noticed (from your bad spelling) many here are British so I won't start about 2A

i think my spelling is ok. It's my grammer that is poor. If i am writing an academic paper then i can tighten up my grammer but if i'm posting informerly then i revert back to a less orthodox style

what is '2A'?

2 hours ago, muir said:

i think my spelling is ok. It's my grammer that is poor. If i am writing an academic paper then i can tighten up my grammer but if i'm posting informerly then i revert back to a less orthodox style

what is '2A'?

I was joking about your British spelling

2A = Second Amendment - The right to keep and bear arms

My profile name, 1A = The 1st Amendment - The right to free speech

3 hours ago, muir said:

i don't think its any secret those people were banned. i think it was even announced somewhere but i'm just going to check that. Some bannings have certainly been discussed in open forum

we have a closed info thread about banned members....

but i don't post info about users who are bots, trolls with a few posts or socks acc of banned memebers 

On 3/23/2019 at 8:07 AM, DECIM said:

Using certain words or combinations of words can have you branded the modern day 'politically correct' equivalent of a heretic, a blasphemer, a witch.

Any digression publicly from the gospel of the language STASI, may result in your character crucifixion, real social ostrascization and possible prosecution to include, but not limited to imprisonment.

This, in the 'free' 'democratic' west.

I agree and find it very worrying that you've only got to choose the wrong word or use out of date terminology and you can be branded racist, homophobic etc. 

It's very hard to keep up to date with what is considered politically correct in terms of the right words to use. Nobody ever seems to consider that real racism, homophobia etc is actually the intent behind the words. Some people on social media are absolutely hellbent on forcing others to express themselves in terms that they have chosen.