yass

As Venice floods, scientists who grew up surrounded by water sound the alarm

Well, these are certainly the times.

As climate change causes sea levels in Venice - and across the planet - to steadily inch highter, scientists say catastrophic floods could become more severe and more frequent, with some parts of the city being inundated on a daily basis.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/venice-s-devastating-floods-are-canary-coal-mine-coastal-cities-n1084031

I can't believe you've fallen for these lies yass .... lies and propaganda ....

Sea level rises is one thing the controllers can't rig because anyone anywhere near the sea can measure them ... put "sea level rise historic"  in search and you'll get hundreds of charts like this ...

12_seaLevel_left.gif

Nothing has changed for hundreds of years , the planet is gently warming , nothing to do with human activity,  and sea level is going ever so slowly up ... nothing at all to do with CO2 ...

It's only going up at less than 2 mm/year ,  that's nothing ....  6 inches every 100 years 

But the truth won't bother the scare mongers , they'll print a picture like this (from your linked video)..

nn_emc_venice_floods_191115.760;428;7;70

And all the school children will get hysterical and rush to join Extinction Rebellion ... they won't know that Venice has been flooding for hundreds of years , and this is all normal ...

Yes and some "Scientists will sound the Alarm" the same scientist who's jobs depend on there being a crisis .

Edited by oz93666
  • Like 1

Haha... fallen for (man-made) climate change?  Extinction Rebellion? (which incidentally, I have read like zero about except for some references of it here at the forum lol).

If anything I'm more on board with the Hopi thing as far as climate changes (and people changes for that matter.)

Edited by yass
needed to be clear about a term "man-made"

17 hours ago, serpentine said:

More cynical and cyclical climate opportunism.

cycles

There.  Making it display in the post.  Good example.  It's flooded in Venice before.  (English not needed to see what's happening)  👍

21 hours ago, yass said:

My mother was a Venician and she saw floods like these many times since the mid thirties, mainly due to the higher spring tides, also due to the once natural springs that were dotted all around the city,

In more recent times and what has exascerbated things is when they put in new mains water pipes and closed off the old drinking fountains, what this did was stopping the natural flushing of the original foundations with fresh water which kept things hydrated before and now excessive pumping of ground water allowing salty water to perculate and replace it under and within the foundations causing them to decompose and allow sinking to happen, the wooden piles cannot cope with salt water as easily, thus huge underpinning now has to take place.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/gallery/2015/jun/16/history-flooding-sinking-city-venice-in-pictures

Edited by The Apprentice
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, yass said:

How interesting!  @The Apprentice

Interesting but true, if man stopped messing with what comes naturally the city would not be sinking, I have pictures of my mother drinking from these fountains that now lie all over Venice redundant because free water was not profitable, now water is piped in a treated and has created a knock on effect.

2 hours ago, The Apprentice said:

Interesting but true, if man stopped messing with what comes naturally the city would not be sinking, I have pictures of my mother drinking from these fountains that now lie all over Venice redundant because free water was not profitable, now water is piped in a treated and has created a knock on effect.

And as usual you will see that climate change guru's just have their says for the carbon criminals, yet it was the removing of the drinking wells that contributed to much of the problem, the water collected from the roofs of Venice was the hyrdating element that helped keep it afloat, but they will never admit this in our life times.

Edited by The Apprentice