Sign in to follow this  
Knowing

Fake moon landings !

An object falls to the Earth at approx 9.81m/s2   

An objects decent can be slowed down by attaching a parachute 

A parachute relies on the atmosphere i.e Air , to function

The moon does not have air 

A rocket capsule landing on the moon would crash onto the moon 

A thrust  would not create a soft gentle landing as shown in moon landing footage 

Edited by Knowing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I take it you believe that rockets only work by pushing against air, and because the moon has no air you can't use rockets for a soft landing.

Happily rockets work quite well in a vacuum, crude old things they are that our descendants will laugh at, but they work.

9 minutes ago, Knowing said:

A thrust  would not create a soft gentle landing as shown in moon landing footage 

Well it could do ... Musk has demonstrated he can land a rocket , nose up , in earth gravity with the added difficulty of winds .... so doing that on the moon is easy with today's tech .

But 50 years ago NASA could not guaranteed they could do it  and so this was one of the reasons they faked Apollo. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Knowing said:

An object falls to the Earth at approx 9.81m/s2   

An objects decent can be slowed down by attaching a parachute 

A parachute relies on the atmosphere i.e Air , to function

The moon does not have air 

A rocket capsule landing on the moon would crash onto the moon 

It's a matter of physics and straightforward problem solving.

The unavoidable use of computers links both Apollo (see AGC Apollo thread) and today's missions.

2 hours ago, serpentine said:

It's a matter of physics and straightforward problem solving.

The unavoidable use of computers links both Apollo (see AGC Apollo thread) and today's missions.

:classic_blush:

Like the runner they practised, practised, tested, tested all they could before the actual record breaking run.

Even then for Apollo 11 the alarms went off, the navigation was off and a finger hovered over the abort button right till the last moment.

The later missions had their fair share of problems but the haul of rocks was brought back which told them much but not enough,

When they return in the next decade they will try to get deep dust core samples like they take ice and mud core samples here on Earth.

It will be again right on the limits of human technology and will mean risking lives again.

• Like 1

I think the American's are destroying the landing crafts of other Countries that try to land on the Moon. Just in case they go looking for the stuff they left behind. Apparently the Nasa astronauts left bags of their shit on the Moon. What would the reaction be if another Country got their astronauts onto the moon and after searching the supposed landing sites they find nothing, not even a bag of shit hid under a moon rock. The U.S would obviously claim that it is Iran's fault. 

Did Nasa really claim that they have lost the technology to get back to the Moon? 

I think somebody would say, We should keep these plans safe just in case we might want to go back one day. 

In a few years all of the new satelites and junk around Earth will make it near impossible to leave Earth without being hit by a piece of Space junk or collide with one of the hundreds of satellites or enen crash into a Tesla Roadster if Musk really put it up there. One of eery new Tesla model made should be put into Earth's orbit. Earth will just look like one giant Tesla Showroom to any Ufo passing by. 

Neil Armstrong never really talked about his time on the Moon, If I went up there all I would talk about is what I did up there. I would probably make up some crap like I was the first person to Jerk off on the Moon with disatrous results.  Also the first person to do the Moonwalk on the Moon. I would try to throw things to see if they fly away then be the first person to die by forgetting I could not breath and taking off my helmet to look cool in a picture. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Scott Kirkland said:

Did Nasa really claim that they have lost the technology to get back to the Moon? 

Lost,  pinched, trousered,  stolen , auctioned off,  ebayed or smacked into the Moon.

It's 50 year old memorabilia now but check out the AGC Apollo thread to see what can be done with some of it.

Ok, I'll admit we did go to the moon - I wish Rupert was still here, so I could tell him he was right all along.... :)

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 7:26 AM, serpentine said:

Like the runner they practised, practised, tested, tested all they could before the actual record breaking run.

Even then for Apollo 11 the alarms went off, the navigation was off and a finger hovered over the abort button right till the last moment.

The later missions had their fair share of problems but the haul of rocks was brought back which told them much but not enough,

When they return in the next decade they will try to get deep dust core samples like they take ice and mud core samples here on Earth.

It will be again right on the limits of human technology and will mean risking lives again.

Makes for a great Movie too!  

I'm glad our children can feel the same heroism through history books that we felt when we saw it live.   But I don't believe that fairy tale any more, personally.