garethicke

What features would you like to see on the forum?

Question

Consider removing voting up/down as this changes the position of the individual post and spoils continuity.

• Like 1

When I block someone. I do not want them to see my posts.

Posted (edited)

Hi Garth I was wondering if we get to see who's on line while chatting on site, an maybe birthdays. I my self like to post while site populations is low.

Another thing i like to see added is to the like to topic post. duel choice is what these people are trying to enforce on us.. The love hate choice seem pretty one sided opinions. So I think what i am suggesting here is a group of emoji From the chit icons smile to a nuke ect. I'm not really sure if this is possible. I believe it would make this site much different then other sites

Much love to you n yours

Sky's 

Edited by cinder_darkskys

Can the function by which the forum automatically sends new device login notification be switched off?

𝕮𝖆𝖓 𝖜𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖉𝖎𝖋𝖋𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖘? 

6 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

i want a link to davidicke.com on the forum menu next to leaderboard so i can quickly open a new tab to it.

I will past your idea on to admin .... but the forum software is not really open source so is limited in its functions .... nice idea though, as I have always wanted the same link :)

On 3/14/2019 at 2:11 PM, masonfreeparty said:

how about linking facebook profile to each member here so people are easier to be checked out and verified..including all moderators

then the snapshot would read

44 users online

43 guests

1 member

kill that already dead forum

Untitled8.jpg

2 minutes ago, bamboozooka said:

then the snapshot would read

44 users online

43 guests

1 member

kill that already dead forum

Untitled8.jpg

lol .... not dead yet, there is still life here .... we just need to get some skin on the bones :)

5 minutes ago, Janet W said:

Add post numbers so we can refer to them subsequently.

I know that I am not Gareth .... but I agree with you.

I have looked at the forum software but only from a moderation point of view.

I will look deeper into it and see if your feature can be added .... I will along with the other inquires past them to admin.

:)

• Like 1

I'm afraid for me , this thread has only highlighted the inability of members to have an input here ... of all the many suggestions made it seems no action has been taken at all , only ink saying he will pass it on to admin .... admin presumably being Gareth and Jaymie who it seems are here just helping out dad and their hearts are no more in the enterprise than his is ...

A few suggestions like giving more time for editing , and adding posts numbers seem to have no down side at all , and if possible perhaps should be immediately implemented  ...Maybe these are not technically possible  ....if not  it would be nice to be told .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oz93666 said:

I'm afraid for me , this thread has only highlighted the inability of members to have an input here ... of all the many suggestions made it seems no action has been taken at all , only ink saying he will pass it on to admin .... admin presumably being Gareth and Jaymie who it seems are here just helping out dad and their hearts are no more in the enterprise than his is ...

A few suggestions like giving more time for editing , and adding posts numbers seem to have no down side at all , and if possible perhaps should be immediately implemented  ...Maybe these are not technically possible  ....if not  it would be nice to be told .

Fair comment but please give me a chance lol .... I shall look more into this software and attain the required solutions .... then I can forward them to the admin with explicit instructions on how to make the changes ( if possible ) .... so chill big oz  :)

All requests for changes to the forum software have now been passed from admin to the web master ( the person or company which holds responsibility for the functionality of the software which creates the forum ) and I will update the actions which become implemented in due course :)

On 9/10/2019 at 9:07 PM, bamboozooka said:

i want a link to davidicke.com on the forum menu next to leaderboard so i can quickly open a new tab to it.

So this has been done :)

All the rest I am told is currently in hand.

1 hour ago, ink said:

So this has been done :)

All the rest I am told is currently in hand.

cheers ink, just saw it. looks good.

Untitled8.jpg

I'd like to see more members, only around 5% of members transitioned from the old DI forum.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wamrage said:

I'd like to see more members, only around 5% of members transitioned from the old DI forum.

I would like to see more members posting!

There are currently 1290 members .... if we remove any potential bots or sock accounts and call it 1000 .... then lets cut that in half, so 500 members.

500 members who only posted once each day would create a 'shit load' of interaction .... but they don't!

A while ago I tried to ascertain why by posting this thread:

608 Members Why do you not post? Only approx 25 do!

but it didn't really help.

So the question is Why? I have been considering this and as yet .... I don't know. There are no threads which are only open to members here!

Why do members not interact?

4 hours ago, ink said:

I would like to see more members posting!

Why do members not interact?

Members not interacting was a problem on the old forum as well, most folks are lurkers i.e. they never post.

If we could somehow bring the folks from the old forum it would be great.

Posted (edited)

Any way to tweak the forum format so that 'New Posts' appear in a similar style to the old forum?

At the moment, when you check Activity, the first 300 links are to posts on the Christchurch massacre thread.

When there's a hot topic or breaking news story, it makes it look like the forum is solely obsessed with one thing.

Edited by size of light

how about linking facebook profile to each member here so people are easier to be checked out and verified..including all moderators