Stephen Truth Seeker

What to do if you become HOMELESS

You need not panic try and stay calm. If you know you might be homeless soon try and have a plan.

Find out about day centres for the homeless near you.

Find out about soup kitchens as well.

Carry a sleeping bag and some spare clothes and maybe a tent with sleeping mat.

Make sure you wrap up well for the cold.

Edited by Stephen Truth Seeker
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Stephen Truth Seeker said:

Thanks I've been doing the homeless thing more near to rich towns.

Why did you become homeless? Was it voluntary or involuntary?

6 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

Why did you become homeless? Was it voluntary or involuntary?

It was involuntary but everyone else thinks I'm making my own life chooses. I'D GONE AS FAR AS I COULD WITH GETTING A JOB AND SIGNING BENIFITS THEY HAD STOPPED ALL MY MONEY. Now I rely on the Universe for help.

Just now, Stephen Truth Seeker said:

It was involuntary but everyone else thinks I'm making my own life chooses.

I used to work with an organisation who did street team work to feed and clothe the homeless in Manchester, Leeds and Bradford and one thing that struck me when I went out with them was that some people seemed to enjoy the street life and had their own communities.

It was kind of reassuring that one could live rough, but I wonder what stopped them getting rehomed.

I hope you're alright though. Can you get access to accommodation? 

• Like 1

Boris and his Tories have pledged to end homelessness in the UK by 2004 ,, so at least there's a bit of 'hope' ,, 👀

Image result for 2014 end homelessness pledge tory"

I've got a sneaky feeling it's all a load of b^^^^^^s and that homelessness will increase.

Edited by jupiter12

1 minute ago, PeakGammon said:

I used to work with an organisation who did street team work to feed and clothe the homeless in Manchester, Leeds and Bradford and one thing that struck me when I went out with them was that some people seemed to enjoy the street life and had their own communities.

It was kind of reassuring that one could live rough, but I wonder what stopped them getting rehomed.

I hope you're alright though. Can you get access to accommodation? 

I've met those people and there not as tough as they make out. Trust me when your cold and wet no one likes being homeless. Lol. Being homeless is not all bad I like the nature part of it. Like the Birds, Deer, Otters and Bigfoot ( Well maybe not Bigfoot) but I've had Otters walk pass my tent at night. Overall I dislike being homeless mainly because of the bad weather everything gets wet through and because of the people I have to deal with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jupiter12 said:

Boris and his Tories have pledged to end homelessness in the UK by 2004 ,, so at least there's a bit of 'hope' ,, 👀

Image result for 2014 end homelessness pledge tory"

I've got a sneaky feeling it's all a load of b^^^^^^s and that homelessness will increase.

Problem is they will try to enforce this on homeless people who are unemployable and can no longer deal with the benifit system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stephen Truth Seeker said:

I've met those people and there not as tough as they make out. Trust me when your cold and wet no one likes being homeless. Lol. Being homeless is not all bad I like the nature part of it. Like the Birds, Deer, Otters and Bigfoot ( Well maybe not Bigfoot) but I've had Otters walk pass my tent at night. Overall I dislike being homeless mainly because of the bad weather everything gets wet through and because of the people I have to deal with. 

I wasn't under the impression that it was nice or enjoyable, but they honestly seemed to believe it was an acceptable lifestyle.

Many of the people I met were drug addicts or alcoholics, so I guess there are mitigating factors which keep people on the streets, or pretend they like that "lifestyle".

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Stephen Truth Seeker said:

Problem is they will try to enforce this on homeless people who are unemployable and can no longer deal with the benifit system.

Yep ,, this goes along with what David talks about re the agenda for 'useless eaters' ,,

Those in government will only ever bow to their rich masters ,, and force the masses to slave to earn money to live and eat or suffer the sanctions. All humans must comply ,, resistance is futile.

And ,, if a government promises to end homelessness ,, does this mean the homeless can have free housing and food for life I wonder? They could just make being on the streets  'illegal' ,, then homeless people could be in prisons run my big corporate money making billionaires ,, ,, and the rich will get richer!!

ps ,, Tories pledge to end homelessness by 2024 ,, (correction) ,,

Edited by jupiter12

16 minutes ago, jupiter12 said:

Yep ,, this goes along with what David talks about re the agenda for 'useless eaters' ,,

Those in government will only ever bow to their rich masters ,, and force the masses to slave to earn money to live and eat or suffer the sanctions. All humans must comply ,, resistance is futile.

And ,, if a government promises to end homelessness ,, does this mean the homeless can have free housing and food for life I wonder? 

We know there's no such thing as Free Housing. One way or the other things need paying for. Personally I don't fit into there system so I've no expectations of getting out of this any time soon. 

Spelling
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

I wasn't under the impression that it was nice or enjoyable, but they honestly seemed to believe it was an acceptable lifestyle.

Many of the people I met were drug addicts or alcoholics, so I guess there are mitigating factors which keep people on the streets, or pretend they like that "lifestyle".

Yeah a lot are Drug addicts or Alcoholics. But things have changed and there's more of people who just couldn't keeps there's Houses Flats etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stephen Truth Seeker said:

We know there's no such thing as Free Housing. One way or the other things need paying for. Personally I don't fit into there system so I've no expectations of getting out out of this any the soon. 

Can I ask why are you putting the laughing face on my posts?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

Can I ask why are you putting the laughing face on my posts?

Sorry I thought I was a good mark for you? I've changed it merry Xmas.

20 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

Yeah! mainly a lack of money ,, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ,,

No money ,, no roof or food ,, 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jupiter12 said:

Yeah! mainly a lack of money ,, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ,,

No money ,, no roof or food ,, 

Yeah I've had to walk around with a case full of dirty clothes and had to boil water out of the river to make a hot drink. I've done the shopping trolley thing as well taking it into the Library. Slept along side the rats and had people burn holes in my camping equipment etc..

28 minutes ago, Stephen Truth Seeker said:

Sorry I thought I was a good mark for you? I've changed it merry Xmas.

Thank you. I just wondered if my posts were funny to you, that's all. No offence taken 🙂

Merry Christmas to you too, and I hope good fortune comes your way for the New Year.

Edited by PeakGammon
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stephen Truth Seeker said:

Yeah I've had to walk around with a case full of dirty clothes and had to boil water out of the river to make a hot drink. I've done the shopping trolley thing as well taking it into the Library. Slept along side the rats and had people burn holes in my camping equipment etc..

As you see it, do you think the problem of homelessness can be fixed?

When you said people lose their homes, for example, is it because of lack of money or lack of ability to manage finances and run a home?

I know the government don't make it easy for the poorest and most vulnerable members of society, and that austerity in the UK has had devastating consequences, so I wonder how much they are to blame? 

14 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

As you see it, do you think the problem of homelessness can be fixed?

When you said people lose their homes, for example, is it because of lack of money or lack of ability to manage finances and run a home?

I know the government don't make it easy for the poorest and most vulnerable members of society, and that austerity in the UK has had devastating consequences, so I wonder how much they are to blame? 

Rent and Bills way too exspensive  wages too low. And with Benefits being all changed and drastic cut backs by the DWP those who were hanging in there got taken out the game.

Number 1 -  If you're a "vegan" or "vegetarian," you might as well kill yourself because you will never survive on that retarded diet on the "streets" or in the jungle.

Number 2 - Do not drink the poison of alcohol, EVER. Not even one drop. If you are an alcoholic or even regular "drinker" of any kind then you have ZERO chance of surviving with your sanity, since you're already not getting the best choice of foods. If you're a vegan/ veggie PLUS alcoholic, you might as well kill yourself now rather than face the torture you will, through your irrationality, inflict on your body and mind. If you need to get high, use only cannabis or "high meat" (see sv3rige video below)

Number 3 - Do not ask anyone for money or help unless absolutely necessary. This way you keep your dignity. Go dumpster diving instead for new foods one day past the expiration date discarded. Know every dumpster in your area and when the foods are likely to be dumped there. Also, make friends with the guys who throw that stuff away to save it for you to keep from having to dig it out of the muck.

Number 4  -  Take a shower at the YMCA at least once a week. Wash your clothes there also at least once a week. If you can't find a YMCA, try to make friends with someone who, in return for you cleaning their place, will let you shower there as long as you're not a filthy pig.

Number 5 -  Right after having showered and cleaned your clothes, when you're looking your best, offer to clean people's houses for a much lower price than anyone else or ask if you can sleep in the garage in return for  physical labor around the house or anywhere else.   Use the money to buy eggs (a complete food), eat them RAW for maximum nutrition. Also get GRASS FED FAT that is usually cut off and discarded. You can get, even from Whole Foods and other expensive places like that, very high quality grass fed fat, which they usually do not sell and discard, for 5 dollars a pound. You just have to ask the butchers directly. Ask them to save it for you.

Also even organic chicken livers are less than 3 dollars a pound; grass fed BEEF LIVER is 5 dollars a pound. Fat is where all the vitamins and nutrients of animals foods are stored. Liver has all the vitamins, especially beef liver. As long as the food is fresh, you can eat all of it RAW and uncooked with PERFECT digestion. That's how you know your body approves 100%. Liver takes a bit of getting used to but FAT has no taste and all the nutrients. It's like chewing butter. It will not only not harm you, but will turn you into the "homeless" Conan the Barbarian with a bit of exercise. If you have to cook the stuff, never use a microwave provided at stores.  Go to the YMCA kitchen and ask the cook to sear it on one side for 30 seconds, turn the heat off and then flip it while the pan cools off. This way you maintain enough rawness for good nutrition.  

Number 6 - If you are able to get enough real food, water will not be a problem. Raw (pastured or free-range) eggs at 40 to 50 cents each (also raw milk and raw kefir but good luck getting those at anything but inflated prices even if you live in a place where they're not illegal to sell) are expensive but super healthy to eat and hydrate better than water. So make sure to eat them raw and that they're good quality eggs and you will never need too much water (likely to be poisonous tap water) at all. 

So,  with only 5 dollars a day cleaning people's houses or doing manual labor, you can eat 1 pound of grass-fed beef fat a day which NO ONE in the middle class ever eats. They eat fucking quarter pounders at McDonald's which are complete garbage.

But then if you have this kind of discipline in your diet, you probably woudn't be "homeless" in the first place or for very long. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYrvu5K7-BM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY8xmn8b63A

Edited by synergetic67
  • Like 1

Great post.

In UK the weather is too ugly to be homeless. In the regions of Italy wich are insular or southern the thing can be more confortable, however in the winter and in the half season you must be careful reguard the flus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, synergetic67 said:

Number 1 -  If you're a "vegan" or "vegetarian," you might as well kill yourself because you will never survive on that retarded diet on the "streets" or in the jungle.

Why is it "retarded" to have a vegan or vegetarian diet, and why are you advocating one kills themself if on such a diet? I can assure you that there are plenty of vegan/vegetarian sources of protein available, as there are carbs, and they even bushcraft courses which are dedicated to vegan and vegetarian foraging, so your advice is very wrong.

Even later in your post (point 5) you recommend eggs as a "complete food", and, as you must be aware, vegetarians eat eggs, so it seems you offer inconsistent "advice" based on sheer ignorance. 

Number 2 - Do not drink the poison of alcohol, EVER. Not even one drop. If you are an alcoholic or even regular "drinker" of any kind then you have ZERO chance of surviving with your sanity, since you're already not getting the best choice of foods. If you're a vegan/ veggie PLUS alcoholic, you might as well kill yourself now rather than face the torture you will, through your irrationality, inflict on your body and mind. If you need to get high, use only cannabis or "high meat" (see sv3rige video below)

Here is yet more poor advice. Alcohol may affect the person with long-term abuse, but the effects of cannabis are pretty instant and can induce various mental health issues which could make you paranoid or even trigger acute psychosis, especially if one is eating it in a prepared form because of the higher levels of THC that are absorbed in the body vs smoking it.

Alcohol may be bad, but cannabis has more acute mental health contraindications. In my opinion, neither should be taken and, quite frankly, where is one going to get the money to spend on such luxuries if one is homeless? Surely food and equipment to survive is the priority?

Number 3 - Do not ask anyone for money or help unless absolutely necessary. This way you keep your dignity. Go dumpster diving instead for new foods one day past the expiration date discarded. Know every dumpster in your area and when the foods are likely to be dumped there. Also, make friends with the guys who throw that stuff away to save it for you to keep from having to dig it out of the muck.

If you're homeless then your dignity has already taken a hit, so why not ask for help if needed?

One can also look up local homeless food kitchens, food banks and other initiatives which help the homeless. One could even look on "freegan" websites and find free sources of food and other items.

Number 5 -  Right after having showered and cleaned your clothes, when you're looking your best, offer to clean people's houses for a much lower price than anyone else or ask if you can sleep in the garage in return for  physical labor around the house or anywhere else.   Use the money to buy eggs (a complete food), eat them RAW for maximum nutrition. Also get GRASS FED FAT that is usually cut off and discarded. You can get, even from Whole Foods and other expensive places like that, very high quality grass fed fat, which they usually do not sell and discard, for 5 dollars a pound. You just have to ask the butchers directly. Ask them to save it for you.

The advice about eggs contradicts your ignorant statement about vegetarian diets being "retarded" because, as I pointed out, vegetarians eat eggs.

Also, the advice about eating eggs raw is just asking for trouble. Eggs can contain salmonella and other bacteria, which can and do kill people, hence why people cook eggs.

Also even organic chicken livers are less than 3 dollars a pound; grass fed BEEF LIVER is 5 dollars a pound. Fat is where all the vitamins and nutrients of animals foods are stored. Liver has all the vitamins, especially beef liver. As long as the food is fresh, you can eat all of it RAW and uncooked with PERFECT digestion. That's how you know your body approves 100%. Liver takes a bit of getting used to but FAT has no taste and all the nutrients. It's like chewing butter. It will not only not harm you, but will turn you into the "homeless" Conan the Barbarian with a bit of exercise. If you have to cook the stuff, never use a microwave provided at stores.  Go to the YMCA kitchen and ask the cook to sear it on one side for 30 seconds, turn the heat off and then flip it while the pan cools off. This way you maintain enough rawness for good nutrition.

Yet more dangerously incorrect "advice". No matter how fresh meat or offal is, it already contains bacteria and potentially parasites, which is why such food is cooked before consumption.

http://www.fukushihoken.metro.tokyo.jp/shokuhin/eng/faq/category06/38.html

Number 6 - If you are able to get enough real food, water will not be a problem. Raw (pastured or free-range) eggs at 40 to 50 cents each (also raw milk and raw kefir but good luck getting those at anything but inflated prices even if you live in a place where they're not illegal to sell) are expensive but super healthy to eat and hydrate better than water. So make sure to eat them raw and that they're good quality eggs and you will never need too much water (likely to be poisonous tap water) at all.

More dangerous advice about the raw eggs and milk, especially if the milk is kept unrefrigerated. If you can't access safe, clean water then it would be better to purchase a large bottle of it for drinking.

So,  with only 5 dollars a day cleaning people's houses or doing manual labor, you can eat 1 pound of grass-fed beef fat a day which NO ONE in the middle class ever eats. They eat fucking quarter pounders at McDonald's which are complete garbage.

Nobody eats a pound of beef fat because it just isn't very nutritious and is high in saturated fats.

I would rather spend that money on a meal of lentils, wholegrain rice and some fresh vegetables and fruit, and you'd still have change for other stuff, plus you'd have a healthier, more nutritious meal than a pound of beef fat.

Below shows you just how bad beef fat is for you, and I have also included the nutritional data for lentils and wholegrain rice for comparison. You tell me again which is the best overall source of nutrition?

Beef fat - https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fats-and-oils/482/2

Lentils - https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/legumes-and-legume-products/4338/2

Wholegrain brown rice - https://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5707/2

But then if you have this kind of discipline in your diet, you probably woudn't be "homeless" in the first place or for very long. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYrvu5K7-BM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY8xmn8b63A

There is no "discipline" in the diet you recommend. You literally advise eating beef fat and raw eggs, along with drinking raw milk, which isn't very difficult even though it provides you with poor nutrition. Conversely, the "lentils and rice" diet can be done in one pan and takes around 20-30 minutes to make a nutritious meal, especially if one adds vegetables to the meal.

You post is largely ignorant and the dietary advice would increase the likelihood of getting seriously ill or dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1