Jump to content
Dawn

How do you deal with the bullshit?

Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, Dawn said:


Yes, when my pendulum swings, it really swings. If I can’t find contentment leading with love, I will go Shiva the Destroyer on dat ass. 

 

Most people have the same problem.

 

Minimising the amplitude of the swings either way will lead to contentment, plus it builds self-discipline.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

 

Wolverine also isn't real.


That’s just how I envision Mr. A 

ADB13DE7-96FE-46D9-872D-8BFA76B0946C.jpeg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dawn said:


That’s just how I envision Mr. A 

ADB13DE7-96FE-46D9-872D-8BFA76B0946C.jpeg

 

 

7f67ef01ffc610ed2ae8ddee0b554d60.jpg

 

After the honeymoon.😂

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dawn said:

I woke up angry this morning. Anger is not a typical emotion for me, but I have just been boiling over all day. All over trivial things...the moles that are tearing up my yard, the piece of shit window installer that left sawdust in every corner of my house, my washing machine not getting things clean, etc..

 

I lead a pretty solitary life, but when I do venture out into the world I try to shine bright and bring love wherever I go. When I run into conflict I look within and try raise my vibration so I don’t run into yucky people anymore. But I’m tired of blaming myself. I have been such a good little awakened one. Spirit came calling 6 months ago and I listened. I changed my whole life. I forgave, I shed judgement, and I was super excited about finally having a purpose.


I was naive in thinking that just because I got a glimpse of the matrix, that I’d be living out my days singing in the forest like a Disney princess. 
 

It’s quite a let down...still having to deal with all this mundane garbage once you realize that you are infinite. And knowing that it’s deliberate... It’s not just something that happens; either my higher self wrote this or some dark entity is fucking with me.

 

As David Foster Wallace said, “I just don’t want to play anymore”. Only I’m not going to kill myself. There is no fucking way I am repeating this level. But, I am starting to look forward to death.. So I guess I will stop living my polite little quiet life, and burn this motherfucker down. 

 

 

 

It's funny that you should post this as I too have had my moments lately. It led to me reading the book 'The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck' which basically says "fuck positivity" and accept our limitations as we are not special. Through that we become empowered, embrace our fears and weaknesses, confront painful truths and thus become more contented and grounded. "In life we have a limited amount of fucks to give. So you must choose your fucks wisely".

 

To echo what MrA has said, I find it also helps to remind myself to remain humble and that I am only a tiny speck in the grander scheme of things. My problems are insignificant when taking account the bigger picture, and sometimes I need to identify when it is just fear based ego talking. Meditation practices are about putting space between yourself and your thoughts (which are the cause of emotions) and being the watcher. I think it is unrealistic to think that we can ever be free of ego but we can certainly learn to become more mindful of it and honest with ourselves when we have become caught in the grips of ego.

 

But, at the same time, it's okay to be angry for a while if that's how you feel - anger is an important emotion to give us the impetus to change what is not working for us. So don't beat yourself up if you're feeling angry and not radiating positivity - just be true to your authentic self. We have a choice as to what we do with the anger - some people choose to suppress and thus internalise it and that is never a good thing IMO as it only causes health issues. Holding on to anger just causes it to fester and erupt even more powerfully and uncontrollably another day. But equally, it is not fair to take it out on other people either if they are not the true cause of the problem which also serves to transfer the anger on to them. Emotions need to be felt (and not necessarily acted upon in haste) as important learning tools to put us in touch with our deeper values. Through feeling the emotion from a non-judgemental and heart based perspective, often the answer will then arise.

 

PS - The image I have in my head of MrA is of a red headed Celtic warrior, a bit like Tormund Giantsbane from Game of Thrones lol.

 

 

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dawn said:

How do you deal with the bullshit?

 

That's easy,- just don't take the world seriously, LAUGH at it and don't swallow its muck when it says to us-

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Dropship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

 

It's funny that you should post this as I too have had my moments lately. It led to me reading the book 'The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck' which basically says "fuck positivity" and accept our limitations as we are not special. Through that we become empowered, embrace our fears and weaknesses, confront painful truths and thus become more contented and grounded. "In life we have a limited amount of fucks to give. So you must choose your fucks wisely".

 

To echo what MrA has said, I find it also helps to remind myself to remain humble and that I am only a tiny speck in the grander scheme of things. My problems are insignificant when taking account the bigger picture, and sometimes I need to identify when it is just fear based ego talking. Meditation practices are about putting space between yourself and your thoughts (which are the cause of emotions) and being the watcher. I think it is unrealistic to think that we can ever be free of ego but we can certainly learn to become more mindful of it and honest with ourselves when we have become caught in the grips of ego.

 

But, at the same time, it's okay to be angry for a while if that's how you feel - anger is an important emotion to give us the impetus to change what is not working for us. So don't beat yourself up if you're feeling angry and not radiating positivity - just be true to your authentic self. We have a choice as to what we do with the anger - some people choose to suppress and thus internalise it and that is never a good thing IMO as it only causes health issues. Holding on to anger just causes it to fester and erupt even more powerfully and uncontrollably another day. But equally, it is not fair to take it out on other people either if they are not the true cause of the problem which also serves to transfer the anger on to them. Emotions need to be felt (and not necessarily acted upon in haste) as important learning tools to put us in touch with our deeper values. Through feeling the emotion from a non-judgemental and heart based perspective, often the answer will then arise.

 

PS - The image I have in my head of MrA is of a red headed Celtic warrior, a bit like Tormund Giantsbane from Game of Thrones lol.

 

 

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg


Of course I’m out of likes. Thank you for your thoughtful response. And you might be on to something. Mr. A does have redhead energy now that I think about it. 
 

I woke up this morning with a sprained right foot, for no reason whatsoever. Add that to the array of other mystery aches, pains, and body stiffness I’ve been experiencing. I went to a psychic meet up a couple months ago and the whole room could barely walk. Are you experiencing this? 
 

Heavy rains just knocked out my power and exposed the fact that one of my new windows is leaking. 
 

My, the moles were busy last night.

 

I still have all the problems I had prior to my awakening, and now I’m walking like I’m 90 and everyone thinks I’m crazy. I’m tired of the evil. I’m tired of everything being a lie. 
 

I know my ego is driving right now and I’m throwing some kind of existential temper tantrum, but seriously..fuck whatever is fucking with me. They shouldn’t have let me run out of fucks. 
 

I disagree with you and Mr. A in that I don’t think I’m insignificant. I believe I have the power to affect change. Maybe I just needed to get angry to remember that. Maybe this is my higher self telling me to stop painting chairs and go cause some trouble. 😈

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dawn said:

How do you deal with the bullshit?

 

Another good idea is to furnish your head with philosophies that float yer boat, because as somebody once said-

"If I've got to live inside my head I may as well make sure it's well furnished"

 

For example here's one I like- "Believe nothing, no matter who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense"- Buddha

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dawn said:


Of course I’m out of likes. Thank you for your thoughtful response. And you might be on to something. Mr. A does have redhead energy now that I think about it. 
 

I woke up this morning with a sprained right foot, for no reason whatsoever. Add that to the array of other mystery aches, pains, and body stiffness I’ve been experiencing. I went to a psychic meet up a couple months ago and the whole room could barely walk. Are you experiencing this? 
 

Heavy rains just knocked out my power and exposed the fact that one of my new windows is leaking. 
 

My, the moles were busy last night.

 

I still have all the problems I had prior to my awakening, and now I’m walking like I’m 90 and everyone thinks I’m crazy. I’m tired of the evil. I’m tired of everything being a lie. 
 

I know my ego is driving right now and I’m throwing some kind of existential temper tantrum, but seriously..fuck whatever is fucking with me. They shouldn’t have let me run out of fucks. 
 

I disagree with you and Mr. A in that I don’t think I’m insignificant. I believe I have the power to affect change. Maybe I just needed to get angry to remember that. Maybe this is my higher self telling me to stop painting chairs and go cause some trouble. 😈

 

The likes run out all too quickly - I have also used up my quota for the day (again).

 

I can't say that I have been left barely able to walk but from time to time my ankle does play up a bit out of nowhere and then settles down again. But it is probably an old sprain of mine from a few years back playing up.

 

I do have random aches and pains but that is nothing new and something that I wish I knew how to sort out. In the last few days I have felt the urge to start yoga again with a view to improving my core strength and in the hope that this will get my stagnant energy moving again. Although it is harder than it used to be (even taking it gently), I definitely feel like some blockages may be clearing from doing it.

 

Thank you for making me think about the insignificance thing further and no worries if it doesn't resonate with you. How I think it helps me is to realise that we all too often make comparisons between ourselves and others - either thinking that we don't measure up to other people or by thinking that we are better in some way. Stepping back from that and seeing the bigger picture is helpful to me and grounding. By realising that we are no more (or no less) special than anybody else, our self worth is not then reliant on how we feel we measure up to other people as there will always be somebody out there who is "better" than us in whichever thing we value ourselves against. This is not to say that we don't have the power to affect change which would be a disempowering attitude to have I agree. Instead it helps me to feel empowered that I am in control of how I choose to think and feel and therefore better helps me to affect change from the inside out. It is from transforming our internal world that changes happen in our external world. I hope that makes sense?

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

By realising that we are no more (or no less) special than anybody else, our self worth is not then reliant on how we feel we measure up to other people as there will always be somebody out there who is "better" than us in whichever thing we value ourselves against.

 

Whoa, of course you (and all other truthseekers) are better than the mindless unthinking herd!

STAY AWAY FROM THEM or they'll weaken you like kryptonite weakens Superman..)-

Check it-

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Don Trump

"Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company"- George Washington

"He who walks with the wise becomes wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Bible:Proverbs 13:20)

 

Instead, hang only with people who make you feel good-

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another" (Bible:Proverbs 27:17)

And follow them to the high ground..:)

 

 

 

 

Edited by Dropship
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

 

The likes run out all too quickly - I have also used up my quota for the day (again).

 

I can't say that I have been left barely able to walk but from time to time my ankle does play up a bit out of nowhere and then settles down again. But it is probably an old sprain of mine from a few years back playing up.

 

I do have random aches and pains but that is nothing new and something that I wish I knew how to sort out. In the last few days I have felt the urge to start yoga again with a view to improving my core strength and in the hope that this will get my stagnant energy moving again. Although it is harder than it used to be (even taking it gently), I definitely feel like some blockages may be clearing from doing it.

 

Thank you for making me think about the insignificance thing further and no worries if it doesn't resonate with you. How I think it helps me is to realise that we all too often make comparisons between ourselves and others - either thinking that we don't measure up to other people or by thinking that we are better in some way. Stepping back from that and seeing the bigger picture is helpful to me and grounding. By realising that we are no more (or no less) special than anybody else, our self worth is not then reliant on how we feel we measure up to other people as there will always be somebody out there who is "better" than us in whichever thing we value ourselves against. This is not to say that we don't have the power to affect change which would be a disempowering attitude to have I agree. Instead it helps me to feel empowered that I am in control of how I choose to think and feel and therefore better helps me to affect change from the inside out. It is from transforming our internal world that changes happen in our external world. I hope that makes sense?

 

 


I’ve never been one to compare myself to others and I tried that transforming my inner world thing. I went from nice and positive to super nice and positive. Policing my every thought and putting a positive spin on it. But it seems the universe is taking advantage of my kindness. I think it’s trying to rile me up. It wants to see some duality out of me. My love and my rage. I drove to the store today and St. Elmos Fire came on followed by Girl on Fire. I don’t think I’m supposed to be comfortable. I think I’m supposed to fight.

 

I would have sold out my souls mission for a dreamy guy, a winning lotto ticket, and turquoise water.. And my higher self knew it. So bullshit it is. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Ocean reminds me I am mortal and that my problems are going to do what the tide is doing , just as the nice things that happen do 

 

It also reminds me that there is an eternity of potential out there , that life is much more than just my understanding of it , as much as I enjoy the challenge of being present 

 

It allows me to be an observer and not a participant , usually whatever problem caused me to be stood at the ocean is a problem I am.participating in 

 

So the ocean allows me to stop participating and just observe 

 

Its also fucking cold stood there in the middle of the night with the wind howling in my ears and so I eventually want to go back home with a renewed sense of appreciation for the small things in life 

 

Such as reading a book with my sons by the fire 

 

If we cant appreciate the wholesome things and put the cynicism aside then.enlightenment begins to look more.like an entrapment 

 

And no , im not a red head although some in my close family are and the fire inside is real :p

 

*edit* fire in your heart isnt a bad thing

 

The first human to build a bridge across the river didnt get it together because they were happy about walking for.miles to get across the river

 

They did it because they were sick and tired of walking so far to get across , passion is a source of creation so use it to create if you can 

Edited by MrA
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MrA said:

The Ocean reminds me I am mortal and that my problems are going to do what the tide is doing , just as the nice things that happen do 

 

It also reminds me that there is an eternity of potential out there , that life is much more than just my understanding of it , as much as I enjoy the challenge of being present 

 

It allows me to be an observer and not a participant , usually whatever problem caused me to be stood at the ocean is a problem I am.participating in 

 

So the ocean allows me to stop participating and just observe 

 

Its also fucking cold stood there in the middle of the night with the wind howling in my ears and so I eventually want to go back home with a renewed sense of appreciation for the small things in life 

 

Such as reading a book with my sons by the fire 

 

If we cant appreciate the wholesome things and put the cynicism aside then.enlightenment begins to look more.like an entrapment 

 

And no , im not a red head although some in my close family are and the fire inside is real :p

 

*edit* fire in your heart isnt a bad thing

 

The first human to build a bridge across the river didnt get it together because they were happy about walking for.miles to get across the river

 

They did it because they were sick and tired of walking so far to get across , passion is a source of creation so use it to create if you can 


I like the bridge analogy. I remember when I sold mattresses the trainers would always say, “people move away from pain much faster than they move towards pleasure.” We were supposed to remind customers just how terrible their old mattress was and how much they hurt in the morning in order to get them to pull the trigger on the new purchase. After some reflection I believe that is what my higher self is doing. The bullshit is meant to motivate and activate me. Because when things are going smoothly, I’m perfectly content on that old shitty mattress. 
 

I love the ocean too. I believe in the aquatic ape theory. I think Darwin left out a period of about a million years where only the upright apes that took to the water survived. Why else would extra webbing and gills be common birth defects in humans? We also have a subtaneus layer of fat only things that live in the water have. We are virtually hairless compared to land mammals. Downs Syndrome is a result of an extra chromosome on the “fish gene”.  I think our bodies have a lot of evidence that the water was once our home. We are drawn to the ocean just like we are the stars. And you’re right, it does always make me feel better. 
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I havent looked into the aquatic ape theory but I will now 

 

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 8:18 PM, Dawn said:

I woke up angry this morning. Anger is not a typical emotion for me, but I have just been boiling over all day. All over trivial things...the moles that are tearing up my yard, the piece of shit window installer that left sawdust in every corner of my house, my washing machine not getting things clean, etc..

 

if you have moles in your soil then it means you have worms and worms aerate the soil, help bring the leaf litter down into the soil and they also fertilise the soil with their droppings....so you have good soil!

 

perhaps take a moment to reflect on the incredible work of worms and how they not only work tirelessly, beneath our feet, to improve our soil but how they also feed animals like moles and also birds who bring them up to the surface with their rain dance

 

Amazing creatures when you think about it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dawn said:


I like the bridge analogy. I remember when I sold mattresses the trainers would always say, “people move away from pain much faster than they move towards pleasure.” We were supposed to remind customers just how terrible their old mattress was and how much they hurt in the morning in order to get them to pull the trigger on the new purchase. After some reflection I believe that is what my higher self is doing. The bullshit is meant to motivate and activate me. Because when things are going smoothly, I’m perfectly content on that old shitty mattress.
 

 

Alan Watts used to refer to the "backwards law" summed up as:

 

"Wanting positive experience is a negative experience; accepting negative experience is a positive experience."

 

By trying to pursue feeling better all the time, we are creating less satisfaction by reinforcing what we lack. Perhaps the answer is to confront the pain and suffering and, by getting through and staring down our challenges, courage and perseverance prevail and we surmount the struggle. Life will always be full of struggle so perhaps happiness lies within knowing that you will confront and deal with anything thrown your way.

 

Perhaps caring less about things fits in with this too - not trying too hard, not pushing, not avoiding, not resisting and surrendering to the flow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dawn said:

I love the ocean too. I believe in the aquatic ape theory. I think Darwin left out a period of about a million years where only the upright apes that took to the water survived.

 

I am a pedant about science and have higher education qualifications in biology and I have never once heard about any apes that "took to the water" and were the only apes to survive.

 

Can you provide some evidence of this claim?

 

Quote

 

Why else would extra webbing and gills be common birth defects in humans? 

 

No human has ever been born with gills, and it isn't a "common birth defect" because it has never been documented.

 

Webbed digits, or syndactyly, is a cellular-level deformity where the skin between digits fuse rather than end on the repsective digits, and has nothing to do with "aquatic apes".

 

Quote

We also have a subtaneus layer of fat only things that live in the water have. We are virtually hairless compared to land mammals.

 

That's not true at all. There are many non-aquatic mammals that have adipose tissue, bears and pigs being a couple from the top of my head.

 

Such subcutaneous fat is found in mammals that hibernate, as humans most likely once did.

 

Quote

 

Downs Syndrome is a result of an extra chromosome on the “fish gene”.

 

I think you're confused here. Downs syndrome is indeed a chromosomal issue, but it is the presence of an additional chromosome 21 and nothing to do with genes.

 

Genes are contained within chromosomes, so it would be impossible to have an extra chromosome on a gene.

 

Quote

I think our bodies have a lot of evidence that the water was once our home. We are drawn to the ocean just like we are the stars. And you’re right, it does always make me feel better. 

 

There is no evidence that humans or their direct ancestors lived in water. Sure, we can swim, but we are not adapted to live in water.

 

I do scuba diving and can attest to the following:

 

1) Human eyes are optimised to work best in air, not water (although one can adapt to see better in water). This is because of the refractive index of water being different to air, and why scuba divers wear masks with slight magnification in to counter the effect.

 

2) Humans are not streamlined or adapted for underwater swimming without additional equipment.

 

3) Humans have no way to obtain neutral buoyancy in water, or to change their buoyancy to effect upwards or downwards motion. Fish have swim bladders to do that for them.

 

Don't get me wrong, the ocean is massively relaxing due to the ebb and flow of the waters, plus the sound of the water, and under the water while scuba diving is an incredibly spiritual experience, but, sadly, humans never had their home in the water. 

Edited by PeakGammon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

How do you deal with the bullshit?

 

It's difficult at times, but when it all gets too much for me, I just try and switch it all off by going for long walks out in nature.

 

Lucky for me, there are plenty of wild 'green spaces' around where I live now, so the great outdoors is not too far away.

 

I think it was last New Years Day, it was a nice enough day, dry and not too cold, I put on my coat and just walked from my house. Within ten minutes I was on Billesley Common, then down to Chinn Brook Nature Reserve, then onto the Stratford-Upon-Avon canal, where I walked all the way to Lifford Reservoir.

 

Alone with just my thoughts, hardly any other human being around, I was entertained by ducks on the canal approaching me looking for food, robins, blackbirds and wood-pigeons flying over me, squirrels jumping from tree to tree.

 

As I walked back along the canal towards home, with the sun setting behind me, I realised that I hadn't thought about being cold, being hungry, or thirsty, I was just 'at one' with my surroundings. And I hadn't thought about any of the things that had been bothering me.

 

For me it was a couple of hours where I hadn't had to think about or deal with 'trivial matters'. Squirrels aren't concerned about Brexit, blue tits don't worry about mortgages or paying the rent, and pigeons shagging each other on my garden fence don't care about decency or moral standards. 🤣

 

They just do what they need to do in order to survive and get along.

 

And that's what I really appreciate when I go out for my walks and wanders, I let myself stop thinking about things that bother me - which are usually things over which I have no control - and just admire the beauty of nature all around me. It's immensely humbling, and usually gives me some kind of warm positive feeling inside.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I relate to your post a lot, I feel more run down by this reality every day. Especially now I get to know about it more than I could have ever imagined. But what keeps me going is a dream I want to persue for a long time now. I am trying to save money to travel the world. With the main purpose to find some untouched, spiritual and peaceful place to stay. And get away from the toxic consumerist controlled society here in the western world. And it would be even better if more people with this mindset would join up, which creates some sort of self sufficing community that can tend to all their basic needs, people with all sorts of skills and crafts. But for now thats just a dream, but you never know right? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robin said:

..I am trying to save money to travel the world. With the main purpose to find some untouched, spiritual and peaceful place to stay. And get away from the toxic consumerist controlled society here in the western world? 

 

I looked at the 'Alternative Communites' scene here in Britain some years ago and even visited a few but it all fell through for various reasons.

Anyway I slowly realised that my own home can be a little community with a membership of just one (me), a haven of peace and quiet in the crazy world..:)

I'm well-fed, well-housed and well off, and my mindset concerning what goes on outside my door is I don't give a-

rats ass.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

It's difficult at times, but when it all gets too much for me, I just try and switch it all off by going for long walks out in nature.

 

Lucky for me, there are plenty of wild 'green spaces' around where I live now, so the great outdoors is not too far away.

 

I think it was last New Years Day, it was a nice enough day, dry and not too cold, I put on my coat and just walked from my house. Within ten minutes I was on Billesley Common, then down to Chinn Brook Nature Reserve, then onto the Stratford-Upon-Avon canal, where I walked all the way to Lifford Reservoir.

 

Alone with just my thoughts, hardly any other human being around, I was entertained by ducks on the canal approaching me looking for food, robins, blackbirds and wood-pigeons flying over me, squirrels jumping from tree to tree.

 

As I walked back along the canal towards home, with the sun setting behind me, I realised that I hadn't thought about being cold, being hungry, or thirsty, I was just 'at one' with my surroundings. And I hadn't thought about any of the things that had been bothering me.

 

For me it was a couple of hours where I hadn't had to think about or deal with 'trivial matters'. Squirrels aren't concerned about Brexit, blue tits don't worry about mortgages or paying the rent, and pigeons shagging each other on my garden fence don't care about decency or moral standards. 🤣

 

They just do what they need to do in order to survive and get along.

 

And that's what I really appreciate when I go out for my walks and wanders, I let myself stop thinking about things that bother me - which are usually things over which I have no control - and just admire the beauty of nature all around me. It's immensely humbling, and usually gives me some kind of warm positive feeling inside.

 

And nature is amazin' ,, plants trees shrubs animals ,, the whole spectrum! A moment to escape the madness ,,

 

I even put old bread in a bag and feed birds in supermarket car parks ,, am I the only one?

 

And ,, a couple of weeks ago ,, I was with a friend of mine and we got a takeaway and drove to a harbour carpark to watch the stormy weather.

 

As usual loads of gulls turn up and hover hoping for a French fry ,,

 

Then ,, I threw some food out for them ,, then next thing ,, a starling is sitting on the outside door mirror looking in ,, so I gave him a fry ,, then he came back again and again! ,, a moment to remember! 

 

And ,, today I randomly flicked through the millions of tv choices ,, and came across a prog' I've not seen before ,, 'The Bronx Zoo' (New York) ,,

 

And ,, the first person I saw (to cut it short) ,, was a woman driving a buggy around the zoo ,, and she said she is awkward around people but loves to be around animals.

 

And ,, she drove to a little quiet area where ,, everyday she feeds a little blackbird! She sits on the ground ,, calls him ,, and feeds him worms ,, and she said how good it makes her feel.,,,,, So cute! ❤️

 

Edited by jupiter12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PeakGammon said:

 

I am a pedant about science and have higher education qualifications in biology and I have never once heard about any apes that "took to the water" and were the only apes to survive.

 

Can you provide some evidence of this claim?

 

 

No human has ever been born with gills, and it isn't a "common birth defect" because it has never been documented.

 

Webbed digits, or syndactyly, is a cellular-level deformity where the skin between digits fuse rather than end on the repsective digits, and has nothing to do with "aquatic apes".

 

 

That's not true at all. There are many non-aquatic mammals that have adipose tissue, bears and pigs being a couple from the top of my head.

 

Such subcutaneous fat is found in mammals that hibernate, as humans most likely once did.

 

 

I think you're confused here. Downs syndrome is indeed a chromosomal issue, but it is the presence of an additional chromosome 21 and nothing to do with genes.

 

Genes are contained within chromosomes, so it would be impossible to have an extra chromosome on a gene.

 

 

There is no evidence that humans or their direct ancestors lived in water. Sure, we can swim, but we are not adapted to live in water.

 

I do scuba diving and can attest to the following:

 

1) Human eyes are optimised to work best in air, not water (although one can adapt to see better in water). This is because of the refractive index of water being different to air, and why scuba divers wear masks with slight magnification in to counter the effect.

 

2) Humans are not streamlined or adapted for underwater swimming without additional equipment.

 

3) Humans have no way to obtain neutral buoyancy in water, or to change their buoyancy to effect upwards or downwards motion. Fish have swim bladders to do that for them.

 

Don't get me wrong, the ocean is massively relaxing due to the ebb and flow of the waters, plus the sound of the water, and under the water while scuba diving is an incredibly spiritual experience, but, sadly, humans never had their home in the water. 


Wow, that was a strong reaction to an offhand remark. You should start a thread. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jupiter12 said:

 

 

I even put old bread in a bag and feed birds in supermarket car parks ,, am I the only one?

 

 

 

 

Oh jupiter ..... Lol

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jupiter12 said:

 

And nature is amazin' ,, plants trees shrubs animals ,, the whole spectrum! A moment to escape the madness ,,

 

I even put old bread in a bag and feed birds in supermarket car parks ,, am I the only one?

 

And ,, a couple of weeks ago ,, I was with a friend of mine and we got a takeaway and drove to a harbour carpark to watch the stormy weather.

 

As usual loads of gulls turn up and hover hoping for a French fry ,,

 

Then ,, I threw some food out for them ,, then next thing ,, a starling is sitting on the outside door mirror looking in ,, so I gave him a fry ,, then he came back again and again! ,, a moment to remember! 

 

And ,, today I randomly flicked through the millions of tv choices ,, and came across a prog' I've not seen before ,, 'The Bronx Zoo' (New York) ,,

 

And ,, the first person I saw (to cut it short) ,, was a woman driving a buggy around the zoo ,, and she said she is awkward around people but loves to be around animals.

 

And ,, she drove to a little quiet area where ,, everyday she feeds a little blackbird! She sits on the ground ,, calls him ,, and feed him worms ,, and she said how good it makes her feel.,,,,, So cute! ❤️

 

 

Yeah, its the little things like this that give me the most pleasure and satisfaction.

 

For instance yesterday, while I was at home for New Years Day, I started raking up leaves on my lawn, and raked up a load of leaf detritus that had gathered under the conifer trees at the top of my garden. Little did I realise that I had exposed a load of dirt under those trees, I stopped for a while to go and get a drink and have a smoke, next thing I knew there were two robins gleefully poking around the dirt I had uncovered, looking for grubs and insects. They were so happy, and were even at one point taking turns to stand and 'pose' on the pile of leaves and twigs I had raked up. I couldn't bring myself to disturb them, so I went back into the house to watch them from my kitchen window. I'll finish clearing up those leaves at the weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dawn said:


Wow, that was a strong reaction to an offhand remark. You should start a thread. 

 

The issue is that you made strong claims which just are not correct, so I rectified the assertions just in case anyone else thought the "offhand remarks" were factual and correct.

 

What would I make a thread about? "Aquatic Ape Theory Thoroughly Debunked as Pseudoscience"? If you want to make a thread about it then I will be happy to contribute to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×