Jump to content
Dawn

How do you deal with the bullshit?

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Dawn said:


You never say anything?! What tremendous self restraint!  Lol. Gold star for not calling kids fatties. 
 

I think there kind of is an excuse when the obesity rates have tripled in the last couple decades due to chemicals in the food and intentionally bad nutrition advice. I know a lot of parents thought they were doing the right thing buying the “low fat” and “0 calorie” version of things. 

 

Thats why there can never be too.much enquiry into things 

 

Most of us have even given our own turds a second look before we flush them 

 

Info is out there and decent people are trying to get it widespread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Change2 said:

Not to interrupt but I play really well at testing gravity, but I specialize in falling off stairs.   I would attribute it to the drunken monkey theory, but I look nothing like a monkey and I don't drink.  😁🐵

 

You sound like a drunken master Change.🐒

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dawn said:


Like the debunked pizzagate theory? 
 

Or the debunked theories that 911 was a false flag operation? 

 

Any self respecting conspiracy theorist knows the word “debunked” translates to “you should really look into this” 

 

 

 

I mean debunked as in does not stand up to scientific scrutiny, and has no evidence to support it.

 

Let me put it this way: if you can show me one incidence of humans having gills, as you previously claimed, I will say your claim has merit.

 

The ball is in your court.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Change2 said:

Not to interrupt but I play really well at testing gravity, but I specialize in falling off stairs.   I would attribute it to the drunken monkey theory, but I look nothing like a monkey and I don't drink.  😁🐵

 

Oddly, I have really good balance, <sarcasm>but I attribute that to my tail and swimming as a descendent of swimming monkeys.</sarcasm>

Edited by PeakGammon
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, MrA said:

 

Thats why there can never be too.much enquiry into things 

 

Most of us have even given our own turds a second look before we flush them 

 

Info is out there and decent people are trying to get it widespread


At first glance I thought you were campaigning for higher turd scrutiny. Then..I reread. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone wants an update on the moles, I put poison worms in the holes. I have to give myself a crystal cleanse or something now. Wanting a pretty yard is not a great reason for taking life...but it has not been my week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dawn said:

If anyone wants an update on the moles, I put poison worms in the holes. I have to give myself a crystal cleanse or something now. Wanting a pretty yard is not a great reason for taking life...but it has not been my week.  

 

Murderer!

 

MendozaWIW026.jpg

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

 

I mean debunked as in does not stand up to scientific scrutiny, and has no evidence to support it.

 

Let me put it this way: if you can show me one incidence of humans having gills, as you previously claimed, I will say your claim has merit.

 

The ball is in your court.


Since this thread has already completely derailed..

A lot of humans have small gill holes by their ears. Also, 85% of people who spend a lot of time in cold water (surfers etc.) get these little bones growing in their outer ears to protect their inner ear. They have found these telltale bones in early man, Neanderthals etc. indicating at some point..for a long time..we spent a bunch of time in the water. I learned that on a David Attenborough podcast, the Waterside Ape. 
 

Approximately 1 in 2500 babies is born with webbed fingers or toes...making it a fairly common condition. But that is actually not the number. WE ALL HAVE WEBBING BETWEEN OUR FINGERS AND TOES. People who are diagnosed with syndactyly just have additional webbing. If you look at a chimpanzees or other primates hands, there is zero webbing. It is completely hollowed out between their fingers.  They still have a full body hair, they can pull their skin totally away from their bodies because they don’t have a subcutaneous layer of fat. They didn’t develop bigger brains because of a diet rich in fish (brain food). Thus, they never spent any significant time in the water. But human bodies are telling a different story. 
 

Seriously, give it another look. I remember when the Discovery Channel production Mermaids, which made mention of Aquatic Ape theory came out, people were up in arms. In fact, the Aquatic Ape theory always seems to be met with a very strong opposition. I can’t figure out exactly why the fact that we spent a significant amount of time in the water as a species would be so hush hush....such a hated theory. Will it lead back to Atlantis? Another dimension in the deep ocean? Do they just not want to admit that Darwin didn’t have it all figured out? I haven’t figured it out, but there is something there. 

EC65BB98-8DC8-4675-B0D6-C4ED5E22C67F.jpeg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno what the hell this is but its teeth are in better shape than mine..

 

dghyu.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dropship said:

I dunno what the hell this is but its teeth are in better shape than mine..

 

dghyu.jpg


Mermaids have the best dental coverage. There are no underwater insurance companies ratcheting up the prices. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dropship said:

I dunno what the hell this is but its teeth are in better shape than mine..

 

dghyu.jpg

 

Its the Kraken.

 

e8b70dd3aea42679367a6ba043dc69d3.jpg

davyjones1.jpg

 

😇Sorry Dawn last spam.🐵🙊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dawn said:


Since this thread has already completely derailed..

 

No offence, but the thread title has quickly become more relevant. So, here we go.

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

A lot of humans have small gill holes by their ears.

 

They are not gill holes. They are preauricular pits, and are a common birth defect.

 

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preauricular_sinus_and_cyst

 

Bear in mind that the ears are only connected to the upper respiratory tract, and not the lower, which includes the lungs. As I mentioned earlier, human lungs DO NOT have the surface area required to effect the gaseous exchange of oxygen from water because the oxygen molecule is bound to two hydrogen molecules (H20).

 

Source -https://science.howstuffworks.com/question386.htm

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

 

Also, 85% of people who spend a lot of time in cold water (surfers etc.) get these little bones growing in their outer ears to protect their inner ear. They have found these telltale bones in early man, Neanderthals etc. indicating at some point..for a long time..we spent a bunch of time in the water. I learned that on a David Attenborough podcast, the Waterside Ape.

 

Do you have a source for the "85% of people" claim?

In any case, "Surfer's Ear" or "Swimmer's Ear" can be caused by prolonged exposure to water OR wind. As humans and our ancestors were land dwellers, it stands to reason they would have been exposed to wind, which is more likely than spending prolonged periods in water.

 

http://www.ucihealth.org/medical-services/ear-nose-throat-ent/hearing-ear-disorders/surfers-ear

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:


 

Approximately 1 in 2500 babies is born with webbed fingers or toes...making it a fairly common condition.

 

I didn't dispute that. I agreed with you on that point.

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

 

 

But that is actually not the number. WE ALL HAVE WEBBING BETWEEN OUR FINGERS AND TOES. People who are diagnosed with syndactyly just have additional webbing. If you look at a chimpanzees or other primates hands, there is zero webbing. It is completely hollowed out between their fingers.

 

You are incorrect on this matter. Humans have very similar hands to apes, and neither has "webbing". Apes have the same "hollowed out" fingers as humans do, excepting those with syndactyly.

 

Image result for chimpanzee hands compared to human

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

 

They still have a full body hair, they can pull their skin totally away from their bodies because they don’t have a subcutaneous layer of fat.

 

Citations please. Humans can also pull their skin away from their bodies, unless they are obese.

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

They didn’t develop bigger brains because of a diet rich in fish (brain food).

 

Do you have evidence that fish can cause brains to be bigger?

 

In any case, what you state is "brain food" is actually omega-3 fatty acids, and, unsurprisingly, it is found in plant-based sources, such as flaxseed, linseed and hemp seed. Some of the omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish, but plant-based sources are more common, and it is known that our ancestors ate such seeds in their diets, which is more likely to have been the most prevalent sources of omega-3 fatty acids.

 

Source - https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Omega3FattyAcids-Consumer/

 

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

 

Thus, they never spent any significant time in the water. But human bodies are telling a different story.

 

What story do human bodies tell?! We, like our ancestors before us, are land-based mammals who have rudimentary swimming skills.

 

If you believe differently then I will need credible studies cited.

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

Seriously, give it another look. I remember when the Discovery Channel production Mermaids, which made mention of Aquatic Ape theory came out, people were up in arms. In fact, the Aquatic Ape theory always seems to be met with a very strong opposition.

 

It is met with such strong opposition because it is factually incorrect. It is like the modern "theory" that a man can magically change into a women, and vice-versa.

 

There is no evidence for either "theory" and its proponents spout easily refuted pseudo-scientific claims.

 

It is only natural to strongly oppose that which has no basis in fact.

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

 

I can’t figure out exactly why the fact that we spent a significant amount of time in the water as a species would be so hush hush....such a hated theory. Will it lead back to Atlantis?

 

I don't know if you are aware or not, but the mythical city of Atlantis was always portrayed as an island and above sea level. As the legend goes, the inhabitants of Atlantis were skilled sailors, so why would they have a need to be sea-dwellers?

 

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis

 

54 minutes ago, Dawn said:

 

Another dimension in the deep ocean? Do they just not want to admit that Darwin didn’t have it all figured out? I haven’t figured it out, but there is something there.

 

There is nothing there but wishful thinking and a refusal to accept the scientific truth.

 

If you don't believe it, go to the ocean, submerse yourself in the water and try breathe through your ears and post a video of your experiment here.

 

Sorry to be so harsh, but shit like this is why people are easily manipulated.

 

Anyway, if you wish to argue further, then please provide citations for your claims, and provide citations to refute my assertions above.

 

Thank you, and goodnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dawn said:

If anyone wants an update on the moles, I put poison worms in the holes. I have to give myself a crystal cleanse or something now. Wanting a pretty yard is not a great reason for taking life...but it has not been my week.  

 

Why the fuck would you poison moles just to have a "pretty yard"?

 

It may not have been your week, but that pendulum swing I mentioned is going come back at you with a vengeance, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

 

No wonder you have been reaping bad vibes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

annnnd one dead mole sets the brits off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

 

No offence, but the thread title has quickly become more relevant. So, here we go.

 

 

They are not gill holes. They are preauricular pits, and are a common birth defect.

 

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preauricular_sinus_and_cyst

 

Bear in mind that the ears are only connected to the upper respiratory tract, and not the lower, which includes the lungs. As I mentioned earlier, human lungs DO NOT have the surface area required to effect the gaseous exchange of oxygen from water because the oxygen molecule is bound to two hydrogen molecules (H20).

 

Source -https://science.howstuffworks.com/question386.htm

 

 

Do you have a source for the "85% of people" claim?

In any case, "Surfer's Ear" or "Swimmer's Ear" can be caused by prolonged exposure to water OR wind. As humans and our ancestors were land dwellers, it stands to reason they would have been exposed to wind, which is more likely than spending prolonged periods in water.

 

http://www.ucihealth.org/medical-services/ear-nose-throat-ent/hearing-ear-disorders/surfers-ear

 

 

I didn't dispute that. I agreed with you on that point.

 

 

You are incorrect on this matter. Humans have very similar hands to apes, and neither has "webbing". Apes have the same "hollowed out" fingers as humans do, excepting those with syndactyly.

 

Image result for chimpanzee hands compared to human

 

 

Citations please. Humans can also pull their skin away from their bodies, unless they are obese.

 

 

Do you have evidence that fish can cause brains to be bigger?

 

In any case, what you state is "brain food" is actually omega-3 fatty acids, and, unsurprisingly, it is found in plant-based sources, such as flaxseed, linseed and hemp seed. Some of the omega-3 fatty acids are found in fish, but plant-based sources are more common, and it is known that our ancestors ate such seeds in their diets, which is more likely to have been the most prevalent sources of omega-3 fatty acids.

 

Source - https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Omega3FattyAcids-Consumer/

 

 

 

What story do human bodies tell?! We, like our ancestors before us, are land-based mammals who have rudimentary swimming skills.

 

If you believe differently then I will need credible studies cited.

 

 

It is met with such strong opposition because it is factually incorrect. It is like the modern "theory" that a man can magically change into a women, and vice-versa.

 

There is no evidence for either "theory" and its proponents spout easily refuted pseudo-scientific claims.

 

It is only natural to strongly oppose that which has no basis in fact.

 

 

I don't know if you are aware or not, but the mythical city of Atlantis was always portrayed as an island and above sea level. As the legend goes, the inhabitants of Atlantis were skilled sailors, so why would they have a need to be sea-dwellers?

 

Source - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantis

 

 

There is nothing there but wishful thinking and a refusal to accept the scientific truth.

 

If you don't believe it, go to the ocean, submerse yourself in the water and try breathe through your ears and post a video of your experiment here.

 

Sorry to be so harsh, but shit like this is why people are easily manipulated.

 

Anyway, if you wish to argue further, then please provide citations for your claims, and provide citations to refute my assertions above.

 

Thank you, and goodnight.


Im at a loss as to why this belief of mine has you so riled up. 
 

If I saw someone claiming that we spent a significant portion of our evolution as tree dwelling pink elephants..I wouldn’t spend hours of my life refuting every nonsensical point they made. I would just think to myself “cuckoo” and move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, georgesmiley said:

UK is full of moles - wrong sort to be honest but it is what it is.

 

Est 1066 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, PeakGammon said:

 

Why the fuck would you poison moles just to have a "pretty yard"?

 

It may not have been your week, but that pendulum swing I mentioned is going come back at you with a vengeance, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself.

 

No wonder you have been reaping bad vibes.


Desperation is not a good look on you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dawn said:


Im at a loss as to why this belief of mine has you so riled up. 
 

If I saw someone claiming that we spent a significant portion of our evolution as tree dwelling pink elephants..I wouldn’t spend hours of my life refuting every nonsensical point they made. I would just think to myself “cuckoo” and move on. 

 

It doesn't have me "riled up". I simply wish for you to provide evidence of your claims.

 

You may think of people as "cuckoo" but, in reality, people call other people out on their bullshit because ignorance is dangerous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dawn said:


Desperation is not a good look on you. 

 

Ah, so the insults start because you fail to address the points I raise against you.

 

Ignorance isn't a good look on anyone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MrA said:

annnnd one dead mole sets the brits off 

 

I thought you were an ex-pat Brit, MrA?

 

Or was that a lie because I called you out on Yankee-ism?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PeakGammon said:

 

I thought you were an ex-pat Brit, MrA?

 

Or was that a lie because I called you out on Yankee-ism?

 

Yes im a Brit 

 

And no I was never a hippy 

 

So tbh I think Brits need to sort their shit out and stop whimpering over dead animals 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×