Sign in to follow this  
Stride

Slamming car doors

Does the sound of this bother anyone else?

When I am at home, I can hear the loud thump through the wall, and sometime it literally sounds like someone thumping the bricks.. the sound is sudden and very noisy.

7 hours ago, Stride said:

When I am at home, I can hear the loud thump through the wall, and sometime it literally sounds like someone thumping the bricks.. the sound is sudden and very noisy.

Yes, not only that, when we used to live in our old neighborhood, someone would play really loud THUMP THUMP THUMP music and it would make me a nervous wreck.  Once I even went to the door with a baseball bat and my ex caught me cause I was going to go THUMP THUMP THUMP their house down. lol  

Posted (edited)

There are ways and ways to deal with lousy neighbours, they'll soon learn their lesson and will either shape up or move house..;)

Edited by Dropship

2 hours ago, Dropship said:

There are ways and ways to deal with lousy neighbours, they'll soon learn their lesson and will either shape up or move house..;)

What do you recommend outside of showing them scary memes and bible quotes? 

12 hours ago, Dropship said:

We had crappy neighbors on one side when we lived in Gosford NSW   So I went next door and told the prick if you keep this shit up I'm going to mix up some herbicide spray and write I'M a fucking asshole across your front lawn in big letters

There was three that lived in the house and one day the main agitator that I had a word to stuck his head over the fence and said so and so died last night ,I looked him square in the eyes and said one down and turned around and walked off,the other neighbors were great .

I guess that's why we eventually moved to the country , we only have one neighbor now and he is about 200 mts away but we can't see him due to the position of the house and they're pretty good

• Haha 1

I think car doors make such a loud thump because of the air pressure or something, there is also a gym behind me I can hear the car park people thumping doors late at night.

Also there is an old dude who lives in the flat below, he is always coughing.. it drives me mad when I am trying to sleep.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Stride said:

I think car doors make such a loud thump because of the air pressure or something, there is also a gym behind me I can hear the car park people thumping doors late at night.
Also there is an old dude who lives in the flat below, he is always coughing.. it drives me mad when I am trying to sleep.

Yeah that's the big problem of living like sardines in cities, especially in flats because you never know what sort of noisy dicks are going to be living above/below/either side of you, I've had my share I can tell you..:)

Luckily my current neighbours are quiet as mice..:)

PS- if things get really bad you can buy small sponge rubber earplugs across the counter at any chemist (examples below), they come in various shapes/sizes so try a few different brands to find which you like best.

Tip- When I had to use them they were so good that it felt as if I was stone deaf, so I only used one in one ear which was good enough to halve the noise..:)

earplugs.jpg

Edited by Dropship

On 1/5/2020 at 5:14 PM, Stride said:

It can be a bit annoying, but then again, I do think there are far more troublesome things in the world to be concerned about. 😏

But then again, I'm sitting here now in my living room, and I can now hear people slamming car doors shut.

A couple of years ago, when I lived in my previous flat, the building was on a nice quiet cul-de-sac off a side road, so the peace and quiet when going to bed at night was unbelievable. There was one night, I swear it sounded like one of my neighbours was going out to their car, slamming the door shut, then a few seconds later slamming it shut again. And then again, and again. This was about half eleven, I don't know what they were doing, probably taking shopping in or something, but I was lying there, trying to get to sleep, thinking "FFS just close the door once when you've finished!"

But then I laugh to myself, because I realise I'm actually in a Monty Python sketch...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dropship said:

Yeah that's the big problem of living like sardines in cities, especially in flats because you never know what sort of noisy dicks are going to be living above/below/either side of you, I've had my share I can tell you..:)

Luckily my current neighbours are quiet as mice..:)

PS- if things get really bad you can buy small sponge rubber earplugs across the counter at any chemist (examples below), they come in various shapes/sizes so try a few different brands to find which you like best.

Tip- When I had to use them they were so good that it felt as if I was stone deaf, so I only used one in one ear which was good enough to halve the noise..:)

earplugs.jpg

Thanks! I did try ear plugs but can still hear the hacking cough.. Trust me it is a nigh mare when I need to be up extra early sometimes for work the next day.

I used to feel sorry for him but one day walking past the front door there was a soft whiff of ganja...

3 hours ago, Stride said:

thats very funny.

I thought it was a bright idea to lift carpet and paint floorboards in an old flat in London. Unfortunately my bedroom was above the loo in flat downstairs and I could hear them farting.

The only way to escape the noise is a little music.. I always have something playing from 6pm - 11pm in the week, and 8am till 11pm at the weekend. I am starting to run out of music brothers...

Posted (edited)

Hello Stride.

a long time ago I watched a video about Car Manufacturing. The Japanese would fit a buffer to the door frame and adjust it to a certain frequency so when the “Customer” shut the door it sounded like it was heavy and substantial like a Castle Door. It was a long time ago so apologies for lack of links to verify what I say.

Edited by Delidroid

16 hours ago, Delidroid said:

Hello Stride.

a long time ago I watched a video about Car Manufacturing. The Japanese would fit a buffer to the door frame and adjust it to a certain frequency so when the “Customer” shut the door it sounded like it was heavy and substantial like a Castle Door. It was a long time ago so apologies for lack of links to verify what I say.

Yes this makes a whole lot of sense.. When you shut an mx5 door it makes a weird flapping noise which doesn't make you think you are driving around a big bulky castle.