Sign in to follow this  
PeakGammon

Why Do Mods Only Lock Threads When They Are Challenged In Those Threads?

I have witnessed two threads locked in the past 48 hours where mods have intervened after essentially being called out for various information, or when their forum buddies are at risk of getting penalised.

Is this not a form of unfair censorship, showing extreme bias towards some members and not others?

It is becoming a joke that this happens, especially when a particular mod fuels the fire in those threads, then locks them when the heat becomes unbearable.

RIP David Icke Social, or get some better mods in who will remain impartial.

• Like 3

you have been after me repeatedly in thread after thread; this is harassment

i locked that thread because i saw you and another poster trading insults so by locking the thread i'm preventing the situation from escalating whereby i would have to take steps against both of you.

its for your benefit as much as anyone. I prefer locking threads for a cool down then parcelling out warnings or putting people in the sin bin. it seems like the mature response as it doesn't penalise anyone but allows the situation to cool down. So calm down and stop attacking me and other posters

if you disagree with their views then debate them but stop these personal attacks: play the ball (their viewpoint) not the player

• Haha 2

my approach to moderation is that i want everyone to be able to have a say but i believe that personal attacks destroy the forum by breaking down the discussions and putting people off from posting

I intend to discourage personal attacks when i find them or they are reported to me

I don't want to do that by banning trouble makers or by parceling out warning points and prefer to give verbal warnings and when they are not heeded i will lock the thread for a while to allow people to calm down

I personally think that is a good strategy in a forum that often discusses controversial subject matter and sees many disputes that often become heated

I will unlock the thread in question tomorrow and hopefully people won't turn it into another bunfight

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1