Sign in to follow this  
Grumpy Owl

"The Power Of Not Giving A Shit" - Ricky Gervais' Golden Globes 2020 intro speech

I think I have gained a bit of respect again for Mr Ricky Gervais. He really went for it!

In an age of 'self-censorship' and being afraid of 'offending somebody', finally someone has some balls to say what a lot of people REALLY think, and really want to say.

This is worth watching with the video, especially seeing the reaction of the celebrities in the audience.

I fully commend Mr Gervais for saying what he said, and look forward to seeing what he does next, now his Hollywood career would seem to have come to an end. 😂

Could this be some sort of turning point, and a beginning of a 'push-back' against the dogma of political correctness?

Or like Greta Thunberg lecturing wealthy elites at the UN, has this been 'allowed to happen' and will have no effect whatsoever?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Gervais has hosted the 2010/11/12/16  Golden Globes in the past (see youtube) and he was just as outrageously funny in them too.

Then I think the outcry by the snowflake brigade got him banned for 3 years, but he was back in action in 2020 as we saw.

Wow, it's as if the Big Hollywood Bosses have said "Bollox to the snowflakes, let's have him back!", so full credit to them..:classic_laugh:

Edited by Dropship

Wow that was mind blowing watch,he was on fire brilliant.But i havent forgiven him on the remainer stand he made.

Yes It was funny to watch him rip the pretentious hollyweird shits a new asshole

4 hours ago, Captainlove said:

Wow that was mind blowing watch,he was on fire brilliant.But i havent forgiven him on the remainer stand he made.

Yea, but nobody's perfect, not even Gervais..:)

PS- does anybody know if he wrote all his jokes himself, or did scriptwriters do it for him?

On 1/8/2020 at 8:20 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

Or like Greta Thunberg lecturing wealthy elites at the UN, has this been 'allowed to happen' and will have no effect whatsoever?

Vigilant Citizen seems to have some doubts too.

We Need to Talk About That Ricky Gervais Monologue at the Golden Globes

Ricky Gervais delivered a scathing opening monologue at the Golden Globe Awards denouncing Hollywood’s hypocrisy and its love for Jeffrey Epstein. Did he actually expose Hollywood … or did he simply play his part as court jester?

https://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/we-need-to-talk-about-that-ricky-gervais-monologue-at-the-golden-globes/

In other words, the Golden Globes are about mass media giving trophies to mass media. Taking place at the beginning of each year, the Golden Globes are considered to be a major part of the film industry’s awards season, which culminates each year in the oh-so-important Academy Awards. However, mass media has been facing a major crisis and these award shows are losing the interest of the masses.

Indeed, in the past years, the entertainment industry has been steadily pushing itself towards complete irrelevancy. Instead of properly accomplishing its only job (to entertain), the entertainment industry has been about social engineering, virtue-signaling, and political propaganda. It became, more than ever, a mouthpiece of a morally corrupt elite.

A growing number of people are realizing this fact. Also, a growing number of people are realizing that Hollywood is infested with abusers, lowlifes, and pedophiles, surrounded by a bunch of cowards who are silently complicit to these crimes.

The net result: Nearly nobody actually gives a crap about the Golden Globes. The only way to obtain a shred of relevancy is to have a court jester say the things that the real people think. But without doing actual damage. Nobody was actually called out and no real accusations were made.

On a wider scale, Gervais was actually playing his part in the elite’s plans. Indeed, these controlled accusations act like a vaccine. Through controlled revelations, people are being immunized to Hollywood corruption with small doses of truth. However, the real, dark, disturbing truth is still under wraps.

• Thanks 1

"The Power Of Not Giving A Shit" - Ricky Gervais' Golden Globes 2020 intro speech

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay, if we don't give a damn nobody can touch us, it's a great philosophy..:classic_biggrin:

And if I might throw a bit more philosophy into the playpen, WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE, which is something many people forget, so they spend their whole life fretting about little things.

We're born and we die, so let's just chill and fill in the time between as best we can and enjoy the ride..:)

rel-grave.jpg

• Like 1

I like Ricky. The constant atheist rhetoric gets old fast though, because atheism to him seems to just mean bash Christians. Wow, so stunning and brave, now try the other faiths. Besides that I still dig the dude, especially his old podcasts. I agree with Dangerfield on this one, in the sense that I don't think Ricky said anything groundbreaking, it's just what any sane person should be saying. It's going to sound controversial in a clown world though. When you joke about paedos in Hollywood and the response is just laughter, it seems like normalization to me, like it's just them lifting their veil more and revealing their power level.

Maybe I'm being too bitter, I'm just not sure who this is a win for.

• Like 1

Regarding the "I don't give a damn" thing, I've often wondered why schools threaten to "suspend" pupils who consistently misbehave.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't suspension mean being free to sit at home or hang down the mall? What's so bad about that?

So  why don't kids simply say "Okay go ahead and suspend me, I don't give a damn, haha".

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2020 at 2:43 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

Vigilant Citizen seems to have some doubts too.

That article is a joke.  Like those articles that deny the retail apocalypse?  This article is no good. The writer was desperate- couldn't think of anything else to write that day?  Hollyweird sucks and everybody knows it. 

This quote is particularly ridiculous: "Through controlled revelations, people are being immunized to Hollywood corruption with small doses of truth. However, the real, dark, disturbing truth is still under wraps."  Ok Vigilant citizen, what is "darker" than glorification of pedophilia and worship of abortion? Vigilant citizen doesn't do anything except spoon feed obvious music videos in boring articles.