Sign in to follow this  
ty.shakleford

Do you remember your dreams?

Dreams...   

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you remember your dreams?

• I remember Most of my dreams
    • I Rarely remember my dreams

Do you remember your dreams?  Do you know some good sources/ideas/websites for dream analysis? 

Any other contributions about sleeping/dreams you'd like to share?

1 hour ago, ty.shakleford said:

Do you remember your dreams?

More and more .... In other words I now remember even dreams I had, in the past, but never recalled then!

And the main point is that ....... All of my 'dreams' occur in the same place.

It is a city, by the coast, which has a dock for vessels by the cliffs and has a 'beach' which is a cove but the buildings are all what you would consider a 'village' type structure.

I 'know' this place .... every 'dream' is there .... it is 'real'.

I have the image of a 'map' of it within me as a memory ....... I can see the outline of the land, the totality of the 'city' .... but it is not a 'city' .... it is a 'village' but vastly bigger.

Every building is a village building .... except the 'manor' house which sits upon the high ground above the 'city' and is unused. It is tremendous though ....... Vast walls and stunning rooms and the gardens are ....... quite to die for!

I could draw a map of this place ....... It is a memory, the same as any other .... I see the structures and the land ....... It is real but the 'time' there is not the same!

I don't think that I ever leave there.

Here it is linear .... but there is not!

My 16 hours 'awake' here .... is a blink of an eye there ....... I never leave there .... but I am never really here!

Strange realm?

2 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Be seeing you number 6.

Yer I know how it sounds :)

But to me it is correct .... sat here now I can remember the outline of the land, the knowledge that it would take me many days to reach the 'city'.

And I know that was years ago (not in this time but in that time) ....... The 'dock' is bloody treacherous and it is the only way to get on a 'vessel' to another 'land' ....... not this realm though.

But yes .... I know the way it reads :)

17 minutes ago, ink said:

Yer I know how it sounds :)

But to me it is correct .... sat here now I can remember the outline of the land, the knowledge that it would take me many days to reach the 'city'.

And I know that was years ago (not in this time but in that time) ....... The 'dock' is bloody treacherous and it is the only way to get on a 'vessel' to another 'land' ....... not this realm though.

But yes .... I know the way it reads :)

Freaky Ink, is it just you alone, what happens there. Do you just wander around trying to get away or are you quite content in the village?

Sounds like you are in a coma & this is the dream.

18 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

is it just you alone

In the 'manor house' there are only ever a few people, most of whom are within the gardens .... they are stunningly wonderful and are structured on a rather steep hill .... In that building no one really stays ....... it's a waste of 'interaction'!

In the 'city' ....... vast amount of characters :)

All 'real' ....

what happens there.

Everything I have ever had within a dream!

Do you just wander around trying to get away or are you quite content in the village?

lol ....... no .... get away from what 'everything'?

Content, no, that is what the 'dock' is there for .... Leave if you wish but you always will stay as there is nowhere else (but in a good way) .... Not confined there ....... there is no limitation but you can still leave .... but that dock is fucking treacherous lol

Is it Lucid Ink, can you control the dream & you know you are dreaming.

Must be something shit about it. lol

My dreams are always rushing to get a plane & cant pack fast enough, or lost my car & trying spend hours roaming the streets...😨😭

14 minutes ago, oddsnsods said:

Is it Lucid Ink, can you control the dream & you know you are dreaming

No.

It is not a dream .... Well it is but no it is not lucid (I have lucid dreams and those are not real) .... I also have OBE within other frequencies, but these are still within THIS realm.

Long conversation and the meanings of it all ....... most would never wish to interact with!

I am say that your 'dreams' are NOT dreams but real. (if they are the same as mine?)

Must be something shit about it. lol

Well there is an Inn .... If you enter the 'city' by the left road (looking toward the sea) and travel down toward the beach then on your right you will find an Inn which has 3 bars on different levels (each of which connect to another part of the 'city' .... there are some arseholes in there!

My dreams are always rushing to get a plane & cant pack fast enough, or lost my car & trying spend hours roaming the streets

Think about it .... are they all actually in the same place?

20 minutes ago, ink said:

No.

It is not a dream .... Well it is but no it is not lucid (I have lucid dreams and those are not real) .... I also have OBE within other frequencies, but these are still within THIS realm.

So you actually travel to this place, kind of Harry Potter style.

Think about it .... are they all actually in the same place?

Not sure but definitely reoccuring, like foot stuck on accelerator ofton or cant find where I parked. Real tedious...

I read it symbolizes you are not in control of your life, you dont know where you are heading, or im heading to the abyss.

Like I dont already know all that anyways.:classic_rolleyes:

I am say that your 'dreams' are NOT dreams but real.

Yes a prison within a prison.

Edited by oddsnsods

As a kid I always had the same dream/experience... I was flying through a dark tunnel, (toward a light like people describe who had near death experiences).  I felt kind of a pressure around my body.  It was a scary experience, because I had no idea what was waiting at the end and had no control over my body.  Now I sometimes wonder if it really was a dream, or if I was having flashbacks of a near death experience. Are dreams really what they seem to be? Is it possible that some of them are flashback of past life experiences or experiences we or others (with whom our subconciounce connects while in a state of sleep) have in other dimensions?  

There's definately a bit of a blur between dreams and astral travel type experiences, are they essentially the same thing but in different realms?

Something I was reminded of recently when talking about very early memories on this forum (can't remember the thread) was two particular memories/dreams from very early in my life.

In the first I was looking at myself from an out of body perspective, in front and above where I was being held by my mother. I remember being worried that she wasn't paying attention to holding me properly as she was talking to the other people there and I was worried she was going to drop me. Then she did drop me, looking horrified as it happened and I remember watching furious, thinking something along the lines of 'I've just got here and this happens already!' - again one of my earliest memories, before I had words, I just remember how I felt and am giving those feelings words now. 

The second one - I was being pushed along in my pram, one of those old fashioned silver cross prams. I was out of body again, floating above and to the left of the pram, I couldn't see myself this time but knew I was in there. I could see my mother pushing the pram and my two older sisters walking alongside with her. It was along a road I've lived near all my life, where there is a railway crossing with barriers that come down when a train comes. As we approached the train track the bell started ringing and the lights flashing to signal a train was coming and the barriers would soon start to descend. At this my mother started running to beat the barriers, my sisters running alongside desperately trying to keep up. The pram was rocking away, not really designed to be sprinted with and I think there were bags on the handle too making it off balance. I remember floating alongside, once again furious at what I was seeing. Now I would use the words 'why is she taking needless risks, this is crazy' to the way I was feeling. We made it across before the barriers came down, but still lol.

Both very odd dreams to have at such a young age, I always assumed they were dreams but now think they could be memories during OBE when I was very young. I do have verifiable memories from the age of 6 months, so who knows! I could fill pages with dreams I've had since, like Ink I generally go to the same alternative world which is either very large or several alternative worlds. I don't want to make this post too long so I won't go into all the detail just yet! My dreams did change significantly when I first started brushing my teeth, and changed again more recently when I started using fluoride free toothpaste. I think that prior to being exposed to fluoride daily I used to travel out of body during sleep on a regular basis. Then I started having nightmares about a being chased by a giant tube of toothpaste, which could follow me from one dream location to another. This was new, as previously I could get away from anything scary in my dreams by switching to a different place, seemed a really natural thing to do at the time. I can still remember the shock I felt when it first followed me from one dream reality to another, I used to tell my sisters about these nightmares all the time when I was age 3. They of course thought it was funny :) I don't remember being able to travel freely in dreams much after that, seemed to just be stuck in whatever dream I was having with less control.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:37 AM, Mathieu Wouters said:

I was flying through a dark tunnel, (toward a light

I heard that this type of dream is actually a memory of birth (a memory of being born) ?!  I also had a very similar dream to yours all thru my childhood.  The dream faded at puberty.   I wonder if people born via c section have a different dream?

I had a bit of a strange dream last night - I dreamt that I was with a group of people (no-one familiar to me) and we had arrived in Dubai (UAE), for what purpose I do not know.

We were in some kind of shop trying to buy some stuff, think it was snacks or food-to-go, I was heading towards an empty checkout but some stern fella was directing us to a queue at some kind of counter instead.

Next thing I can remember was sitting down at a canteen table, eating whatever it was I'd bought, when a Polish waitress came over to clear the table. She told me that she'd been there in Dubai for about three years now, and loved it, didn't want to go back home.

Then I'm out on the street with the rest of our group, and we're trying to work out what to do next. We're trying to work out what time it is, and for some reason we think its 11:33am, but when I look at a nearby clock, its actually 7:33am, and we laugh it off due to 'time difference'.

Last thing I can remember is telling the group that I know someone who lives in Dubai, and get out my phone to contact her through Facebook and come and meet us. (Someone I went to school with does actually live in Dubai, she moved there about a year or so ago).

I've never ever been to Dubai, and I don't have any real interest in doing so to be honest.

The bizarre thing though, was that while I remembered much of this dream quite vividly just after I got up this morning, I quickly forgot about it, until later this afternoon at work, when I was looking at a customer's enquiry for vehicle parts, and the last three letters of the reg number were... UAE.

I remember most of my dreams during that semi-awake state just before properly waking up but the memory quickly fades. Like Grumpy Owl, sometimes reminders come up during the next day and the memory comes flooding back to me. I have very strange and vivid dreams - I dream in colour and hear music etc.

There are a few dreams in particular, however, that have stayed with me. And there are some themes also that tend to recur too. Of the dreams I can remember, two particularly stand out.

1) When I was a teenager, I had a dream about being at school and that it was under the sea. You could look up through the glass ceiling and see all the sea creatures swimming around. On this particular day at the school, I was wearing very high heels. I had just come out of assembly and was joking around with some friends, one of which gave me a playful shove. Due to wearing heels, I was off balance and therefore lost control of my psychokinetic powers and blasted the glass ceiling. All the water came flooding in and after that I was running around the school, pursued by the PE teacher, who wanted to expel me.

2) During my student days (in Brighton), I had a dream about catching a big, red bus with a friend but the bus caught fire and there was pandemonium. I woke from the dream, got up and turned on the TV. The first thing that came on the screen was the big, red bus that was blown up during 7/7 - I was astonished as it was exactly like the bus that had caught on fire in my dream that I had literally just woken from! I wouldn't say I am prone to premonitions but I think I definitely tuned into something that day.

On 2/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, Mitochondrial Eve said:

I remember most of my dreams during that semi-awake state just before properly waking up but the memory quickly fades. Like Grumpy Owl, sometimes reminders come up during the next day and the memory comes flooding back to me. I have very strange and vivid dreams - I dream in colour and hear music etc.

What's been freaking me out recently is having dreams (that I may or may not be able to remember right now) that I've 'woken up' from, and I know I'm definitely awake and back in the 'real world', then when I get back to sleep, the same dream seems to continue, as if I never went away from it. Not just through being 'semi-awake' and lying still in bed, I've actually got up and gone to the bathroom, but once I'm back in bed and asleep, then the dream 'continues'.

That was weird.

Funny you mention the bus in your dream, you've just reminded me of another dream I had a while back - I was back on my old bedroom at my parents house, looking out the window (I do often have dreams where I am back there, though it seems like it is my old bedroom, the view is often different).

I'm looking down at the street and there's some sort of commotion going on. Next thing I recall is that I'm sitting on a bench down on the street (there is no bench there in reality) and I'm with a group of people again that I may or may not know. Suddenly as I look to my left, there is a bus hurtling down the street (my parents house is on a bus route so this isn't out of place), but instead of coming to a halt at the crossroads to the right, it plows straight into a house on the opposite corner.

Next thing I know, we've gone over to have a look, and the emergency services are there. But then they all run away and cower, because someone has come out of the rubble of the house that the bus smashed into brandishing machine guns. They start firing everywhere and then... that's when I woke up.

It was really weird. I have to catch the bus every day to get to and from work during the week, and while 100% of my journeys pass without incident, there are odd occasions when I'm sat there and I get momentary flashes of something bad happening, like some pedestrian stepping out into the road, or some dickhead car driver smashing into us from a side-road.

Perhaps its some brief connection with 'parallel realities'. Or perhaps we don't dream but return to the 'infinite consciousness' and share someone else's 'reality'.

23 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

What's been freaking me out recently is having dreams (that I may or may not be able to remember right now) that I've 'woken up' from, and I know I'm definitely awake and back in the 'real world', then when I get back to sleep, the same dream seems to continue, as if I never went away from it. Not just through being 'semi-awake' and lying still in bed, I've actually got up and gone to the bathroom, but once I'm back in bed and asleep, then the dream 'continues'.

That was weird.

A few people on the forum at the moment are reporting strange and intense dreams - maybe it's just a coincidence but it seems to be a theme at present. I had a horrible one the night before last which felt really real and left a nasty taste in my mouth but I wouldn't want to share it publically.

23 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

It was really weird. I have to catch the bus every day to get to and from work during the week, and while 100% of my journeys pass without incident, there are odd occasions when I'm sat there and I get momentary flashes of something bad happening, like some pedestrian stepping out into the road, or some dickhead car driver smashing into us from a side-road.

Perhaps its some brief connection with 'parallel realities'. Or perhaps we don't dream but return to the 'infinite consciousness' and share someone else's 'reality'.

It's funny that you mention momentary flashes of something bad happening whilst travelling. I had a freaky experience one time in a car on the motorway (middle lane) - an ex boyfriend was driving. I started visualising (out of nowhere) that the car in the slower lane to the left, which we were about to overtake, decided to come into our lane and collided with us. I visualised ambulances and emergency services etc coming to the scene. Seconds later, the car to the left of us did start coming into our lane without leaving enough space. It was only because I reacted so quickly, due to foreseeing the possibility, that my ex braked in time and a crash was averted. It was really weird!

On 2/18/2020 at 8:12 PM, Grumpy Owl said:

That was weird.

Thats happened to me too, often enough to almost expect it, sometimes I've wanted to continue the dream and feel dissapointed when I wake up again and realise I didn't! Also the dream I think I've woken up from, until I wake up again. Then sometimes again a few more times, fairly rare that but quite freaky! I remember one in particular, I woke in my normal bedroom, more or less anyway so that nothing leapt out as different. Then I went into the bathroom and was looking at my sunken bath and seeing it as normal and familiar. Then I woke up and thought, how weird - I have a bog standard ordinary bath like everyone else, never even seen a sunken bath like the one in my dream, yet it seemed so familiar and I felt it was mine.

On 2/17/2020 at 7:56 PM, Mitochondrial Eve said:

There are a few dreams in particular, however, that have stayed with me. And there are some themes also that tend to recur too. Of the dreams I can remember, two particularly stand out.

1) When I was a teenager, I had a dream about being at school and that it was under the sea. You could look up through the glass ceiling and see all the sea creatures swimming around. On this particular day at the school, I was wearing very high heels. I had just come out of assembly and was joking around with some friends, one of which gave me a playful shove. Due to wearing heels, I was off balance and therefore lost control of my psychokinetic powers and blasted the glass ceiling. All the water came flooding in and after that I was running around the school, pursued by the PE teacher, who wanted to expel me.

2) During my student days (in Brighton), I had a dream about catching a big, red bus with a friend but the bus caught fire and there was pandemonium. I woke from the dream, got up and turned on the TV. The first thing that came on the screen was the big, red bus that was blown up during 7/7 - I was astonished as it was exactly like the bus that had caught on fire in my dream that I had literally just woken from! I wouldn't say I am prone to premonitions but I think I definitely tuned into something that day.

It's funny, I've never dreamt about being in an undersea school and yet reading about your dream I could picture it and it seemed oddly familiar. However, if I try and picture myself in high heels that doesn't ring true at all, phew!

For some reason I find myself thinking about a really vivid dream I had about 8 years ago. I was living in a shared house (never done this in real life) which seemed familiar, and does exist not far from where I live. I always remember this dream when I walk past it, send a tingle down my spine lol. In the dream everyone was excited and running out the front door to see something. There were literally flying saucers in the sky, whizzing about. That was nothing though compared to the big red planet that had suddenly appeared, and I don't mean in the distance but so close it filled the sky, I could see surface details and it's slow rotation relative to us. It was so close I thought if I jumped I might get caught by its gravity. I remember feeling elated, as was everyone else, no fear at all it seemed like the best thing ever. I also remember having a feeling along the lines of 'at last, its finally here after waiting so long'. Very weird!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Silent Bob said:

Thats happened to me too, often enough to almost expect it, sometimes I've wanted to continue the dream and feel dissapointed when I wake up again and realise I didn't! Also the dream I think I've woken up from, until I wake up again.

Yeah, I've had that before, when I've been in a dream, and think I've woken up, but I'm actually still dreaming, then I wake up for real, and it feels a bit disturbing and disorientating.

One that was odd - while I do sometimes recall dreams, there are never actual 'conversations' or voices that I recall hearing, as with my example earlier, the Polish waitress wasn't actually talking to me, it was just a 'sensation' of the conversation taking place. There was one time however when I was in a dream, and something was happening that I can't remember now, but I do recall that just before I woke up from this dream state, I swear I could hear my own voice within the dream, and I was telling myself "this isn't real, this isn't real". Then I did wake up, and was very disturbed.

3 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Yeah, I've had that before, when I've been in a dream, and think I've woken up, but I'm actually still dreaming, then I wake up for real, and it feels a bit disturbing and disorientating.

One that was odd - while I do sometimes recall dreams, there are never actual 'conversations' or voices that I recall hearing, as with my example earlier, the Polish waitress wasn't actually talking to me, it was just a 'sensation' of the conversation taking place. There was one time however when I was in a dream, and something was happening that I can't remember now, but I do recall that just before I woke up from this dream state, I swear I could hear my own voice within the dream, and I was telling myself "this isn't real, this isn't real". Then I did wake up, and was very disturbed.

Yeah, can be quite disturbing, I used to get a bit of sleep paralysis thrown in but even that was still a dream which I woke up from! I also had what I can only find described as 'exploding head syndrome' - no, really :) http://sleepeducation.org/sleep-disorders-by-category/parasomnias/exploding-head-syndrome/overview-facts

For me it was as if I suddenly realised I was still dreaming, then a noise would start in my ears getting louder before an 'exploding' like feeling in my head as blood rushes up. Would happen repeatedly each false awaking, got quite disturbing at one time but went to the docs and all was well. Used to happen a lot, but not for a long time now. In fact, maybe since the same time I stopped using fluoride toothpaste, interesting.....

i have a lot of weird dreams. don't really remember much but those i do are probably significant. will try to remember and document those that i do ....

i fly in the air. a lot. my most vivid was flying in new york. the skyline wasn't real but there i was visiting and looking over. was amazing.

i dream about me trying to run after being chased by people around the corner where i live but i can't run, it's like a stutter run you see in a cartoon. i then though suddenly loftily flow in the air.

loftily flying in the air in danesfort happens a lot.

i dreamt an alien war but i was just again loftily flowing in space over a massive spaceship.

i was flying over san francisco and made a new dirty harry film. the film was based mostly on rooftops and a san fran airport and was during christmas.

another one i'm recollecting is from a couple of months ago. i was fishing with andy goram (the ex-rangers goalkeeper) and we were then approached by a bear who tried to steal the fish we caught but andy goram fought and beat the bear lol. we then had a discussion where he said he had loyalist paramilitary tattoos inked on him while he was in prison and he started to sob so i consoled him.

rangers are also known as the bears ('gers).

i was then on my own and locked in a box but and was helped out by someone from above.

20 hours ago, Given To Fly said:

i fly in the air. a lot. my most vivid was flying in new york. the skyline wasn't real but there i was visiting and looking over. was amazing.

i dream about me trying to run after being chased by people around the corner where i live but i can't run, it's like a stutter run you see in a cartoon. i then though suddenly loftily flow in the air.

I do this sometimes in dreams, not so much flying around everywhere, but hovering about a foot above the ground. Like I can be standing somewhere, then on command I'm almost 'walking in the air'.

The last two dreams I had that I can remember were very interesting, I have taken up guitar again after a long hiatus , The first one I caught up with Frank Zapper and I asked him to teach me his picking style and he refused, I thought you prick ,however I did download all his work from pirate bay quite a few years back, maybe he was still pissed . Then about 6 weeks ago I was kicking back with Hendrix and my bloody misses woke me up

I had a dream last night i was enslaved in a communist type orwellian college camp like place. I think spme pf the officials were chinese!!!

It was something like the ministry of love. I remember vividly being concerned about what i was reading and whether the people in charge would see what sort of material i had and information and what to discuss etc. It felt very real. Also we were all working but i remember drinking there at night and then a distant uncle who i dont see often in real life he came to help me escape. The plan was to leave. I remember us planning to dig a tunnel like out of the great escape.

I remember going through the college gates and then somethibg being implanted in me. I felt a great deal of concern once i went through the electronic gates and worry i felt like ihad been violated. I knew something was in my physiology. I was infected. Lots of details are in but dont quite remember but i even told my brother about this today. Im sure ive been consuming too much coranavirus info might be why. I always remember my dreams.