Sign in to follow this  
Stride

Prince Andrew is back

14 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

He sure looks pleased about it. Maybe Madam Maxwell has got his next holiday arranged for him.

Sure does.

But to be serious it seems a bit over confident for them to be wheeling him out again so soon..

2 minutes ago, Stride said:

Sure does.

But to be serious it seems a bit over confident for them to be wheeling him out again so soon..

I'm reading it as they just really don't give a shit and glad this inconvenience is "over" as far as reporting goes.u

• Like 2

Yes agree with you there 100%. 

Looking forward to seeing David's analysis of it.

4 hours ago, hayed joe said:

I'm reading it as they just really don't give a shit and glad this inconvenience is "over" as far as reporting goes.u

Very likely. Andrew says (lies) he didn't know Virginia in any way, so the royals are satisfied with that, so they expect us plebs to forget all about the matter.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Very likely. Andrew says (lies) he didn't know Virginia in any way, so the royals are satisfied with that, so they expect us plebs to forget all about the matter.

More like they're shoving it in our faces, knowing there is sod-all the public will do about it. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

More like they're shoving it in our faces, knowing there is sod-all the public will do about it. 

This

• Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 1:27 PM, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Omit will for can.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Omit will for can.

The British public has a seemingly infinite capacity for taking it on the chin. The deference shown to the Queen is as strong today as it was in the 1960s from what I can see. It wavered a bit in 1997 when the Spencer woman bought it, and the Queen backed down. Maybe you're right.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 2:00 PM, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

The British public has a seemingly infinite capacity for taking it on the chin. The deference shown to the Queen is as strong today as it was in the 1960s from what I can see. It wavered a bit in 1997 when the Spencer woman bought it, and the Queen backed down. Maybe you're right.

The British public has far more pressing things on their minds. Such as who will win ''I'm A Celebrity' and 'Big Brother'.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, greatdayforfreedom said:

The British public has far more pressing things on their minds. Such as who will win ''I'm A Celebrity' and 'Big Brother'.

You are wrong. Dead wrong. It's Love Island.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Damn, well I was close. I don't even know what that show is about, never watched it. 

1 hour ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Me neither. Sex and drugs without the rock 'n roll I suspect.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:49 AM, AgentOfTruth said:

The British public won't do anything about it. They are obedient sheep who do exactly as they're told.

Exactly. It makes me sick to my stomach too...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sid James said:

Exactly. It makes me sick to my stomach too...

I don't know if you remember the Silver Jubilee in 1977 when Liz did the rounds of the country glad-handing minor officials everywhere? The level of grovelling was off into the stratosphere. OK, some people used it as an excuse for a piss-up at the numerous street parties, but you really got a glimpse of middle England at its fawning best back then. The press obliged and battered the unions, who were all perceived as being communist, bands like the Sex Pistols were vilified and anyone who didn't go along with cheering the monarchy was ostracized.

I was in my last year of college at the time and by golly did we put on a show. Lawns trimmed, quads cleaned until they were spotless, flowers planted, gardeners hand their nails scrubbed and inspected, and woe betide any student who dared show his face while the bigwigs (all hoping for an honour or some sort) dressed up in their regalia to greet the royals. It was quite surreal, even for those of us used to a bit of pomp and circumstance.

Now here we are in 2020, Britain is not the Britain of 1977 but even so, the level of fawning over the Queen is still the same. I really think that when she goes - unless they install William and Kate - this might be the end of the Windsors as we know them.

Edited by Nemuri Kyoshiro

1 hour ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

I don't know if you remember the Silver Jubilee in 1977 when Liz did the rounds of the country glad-handing minor officials everywhere? The level of grovelling was off into the stratosphere. OK, some people used it as an excuse for a piss-up at the numerous street parties, but you really got a glimpse of middle England at its fawning best back then. The press obliged and battered the unions, who were all perceived as being communist, bands like the Sex Pistols were vilified and anyone who didn't go along with cheering the monarchy was ostracized.

I was in my last year of college at the time and by golly did we put on a show. Lawns trimmed, quads cleaned until they were spotless, flowers planted, gardeners hand their nails scrubbed and inspected, and woe betide any student who dared show his face while the bigwigs (all hoping for an honour or some sort) dressed up in their regalia to greet the royals. It was quite surreal, even for those of us used to a bit of pomp and circumstance.

Now here we are in 2020, Britain is not the Britain of 1977 but even so, the level of fawning over the Queen is still the same. I really think that when she goes - unless they install William and Kate - this might be the end of the Windsors as we know them.

Yes I remember, only too well...

Ah, look at the fucking toad. And in a few months, ah look at the pricks falling for their scam under patriotism again!

He knows if he goes to the US he's going to be staying a bit longer than is conducive to the well being a jet-setting royal.

• Haha 2

What is with those black eyes popping up?

They really don't happen to the average person on the street.

• Like 2

What can be done? He's above the law so they cant force him, and he wont offer any info willingly. Same with Maxwell, theyre making no effort whatsoever to reel her in. Maybe just planting stories in the paper to make it look like something's happening, when it isnt.

• Like 1