2020member

Alternatives to Youtube?

Please re-direct if already been discussed, if not see post below:

What with extremely topical and controversial matters taking place right now (prince andrew, coronavirus, bush fires, middle east conflict and many others!) a staple source of alternative information in video format has always, for me, been Youtube since its creation around 15 years ago. 

In the last year or so i've noticed channels disappearing overnight. Alex Jone's seemed to be the first to take the fall and many, many others have followed since. Channels dropping aren't such a huge issue for someone like myself who just enjoys 'floating' around Youtube perusing related content. However, it has got to the point now where related content simply does not exist.  

Whether it's years worth of fine-tuning an aggressive non-alternative algorithm from youtube (google) or they simply just use A.I programmed to dismantle the alternative framework on the platform, I just cannot find the depth, quality and substance I used to watch on Youtube. 

As a small example, I noticed Kobe Bryant has reportedly died today in a Helicopter crash. Being cynical I was mulling over whether he'd been sacrificed and it reminded me of Paul Walker's death. Typing 'Paul Walker Illuminati Sacrafice' it took me until page 10 to find a non mainstream story on the matter! When on the said video all related content was ABC, CNN, BBC etc etc, and as a final nail in the coffin it actually had a wikipedia banner underneath the video telling me what the official narrative was on the 'illuminati' (just to add insult to injury). 

Although I can't thank David and/or his fans for uploading those huge 10 hour seminars that awoke me in the early 2000's on youtube. It's just so sad to see the platform go completely and utterly down the pan and i'm now in search for alternative free platforms.

So if any could be recommended that would be greatly appreciated! 

P.s. god help any confused person trying to utilise youtube as a source of free and alternative information anymore! 

• Like 2

yup they are burying good info on many subjects. All are being posted down the orwellian memory hole

BITCHUTE is an alternative video sharing platform

• Like 1

The Social Media Exodus Has Begun. Here's Where Everybody's Going.

• Like 1

Thank you guys, i'll check it out. 

What is so sad is the amazing videos you could come across as you 'went down the rabbit hole'. Videos that I imagine may have taken people months if not years to create and I simply cannot find/see them anymore. 

What a complete travesty it is to see such a great platform decimated as it has been. 

• Like 1

steemit is a blockchain social media site

Liveleaks is a video clip platform

BitChute.com – From the FAQ: “Here we believe people should be able to express their opinions and choose their topics. If existing services cannot allow that, then let’s make some that will. The question is, how to disrupt a platform as well established as YouTube? It cannot be on their terms; we think we might have an answer, decentralization by torrents and tailored matchups for monetization.”

Dtube.video – From the introduction post on Steemit: “DTube is an application fully written in javascript, that runs in the browser, that allows you to upload and watch videos on top of the IPFS Network. Moreover, it uses STEEM as a database and enables earning rewards from your uploads.”

Minds.com – From the About page: “Minds (Minds, Inc.) is a free and open source social networking platform that rewards you for your activity online with revenue, digital currency and more views on your content. We are built on a foundation of freedom, privacy and democratization.”

vid.me – From the About page: “We’re a team of twelve humans and six dogs located in Downtown LA who are on a mission to build the world’s most creator-friendly video community. Over 25 million people use Vidme every month to upload and watch videos, and we’re just getting started.”

Duckduckgo is an alternative search engine to google which unlike google does not record all of your searches

seen.life is an alternative to facebook

Another social media site that might enable networking with people who are sympathetic to the ideas contained in this thread is the fullcircle project:

The Full Circle Project was conceived to engender unity, cooperation, communication and empowerment to all seeking for, or working towards, real solutions for living a decent life in a world gone haywire. While governments and corporations seek to throttle, sicken and dumb down their populations, it is even more so a time of great awakening to our potential in facing these challenges and in helping one another during these stressful times by sharing skills and pooling resources. Communication and community often act as a solution in themselves as those feeling isolated sense they have no alternative except perhaps finding kindred spirits online. It doesn't have to be this way. The primary intention of the project is to bring people together to bridge this gap of isolation via communication and by offering inspired forms of activism that will empower individuals and whole communities.
https://www.fullcircleproject.net/pages/about/

The conscious resistance is another network that advises people to form freedom cells with likeminded people so that you can share ideas and resources:

TCR is the moment you recognize that being free goes deeper than just seeing the problems in the political arena. Consciously Resisting means being willing to engage in self-reflection, and pursuing knowledge of the self. Without knowing our own doubts, hopes, fears, dreams, insecurities and strengths we can not truly know what freedom means to us as an individual. To become conscious, and aware of ones actions is one of the most important steps towards claiming your own freedom.

Motto: “Leading by example and helping others in their pursuit of Freedom.”

The Conscious Resistance Network is an independent media organization focused on empowering individuals through education, philosophy, health, and community organizing. We work to create a world where corporate and state power does not rule over the lives of free human beings. Originally this site and the name revolved around the work of community activist Derrick Broze. However, in November 2013 Derrick and Neil Radimaker relaunched the The Conscious Resistance Network. TCRN aims to be a unique network of entertaining internet broadcasts featuring music videos, how to videos, gardening tips, discussions on current events, Anarchy, community organizing, and many other ideas we are currently working on.’ TCRN is always looking to add new hosts and programs to our lineup. If you are interested in being a part of our network please contact us for more details.
http://theconsciousresistance.com/20...lcome-to-tcrn/

• Like 1

Just now, 2020member said:

What a complete travesty it is to see such a great platform decimated as it has been. 

google traces back to darpa which traces back to the pentagon

all the big tech stuff is really an outgrowth of the deep state

facebook was a spying tool from the get-go and google records every single search you make which can be used to build a very thorough profile of a person

Its all leading to the technocracy and the development of AI

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, muir said:

google traces back to darpa which traces back to the pentagon

all the big tech stuff is really an outgrowth of the deep state

facebook was a spying tool from the get-go and google records every single search you make which can be used to build a very thorough profile of a person

Its all leading to the technocracy and the development of AI

Without a doubt. I knew I was on borrowed time using Youtube as soon as it was bought by Google (took them a while to completely f**k it up) but they got there. 

As I say just a shame as it was such a huge archive of really 'out there' stuff. But in the same breath it makes you realise how so much scripture is now going digital if anything catastrophic ever happened there would be pretty much no record of what the discourse was around that time!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 2020member said:

But in the same breath it makes you realise how so much scripture is now going digital if anything catastrophic ever happened there would be pretty much no record of what the discourse was around that time!!

the plan is for them to start creating computers without hard drives

this way all of your data eg photos, text, videos etc will all have to be stored on the cloud from where you will have to extract what you want

of course because the cloud is out there in the ether anyone could hack it and gain access to any of your data

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, muir said:

the plan is for them to start creating computers without hard drives

this way all of your data eg photos, text, videos etc will all have to be stored on the cloud from where you will have to extract what you want

of course because the cloud is out there in the ether anyone could hack it and gain access to any of your data

Indeed. 

As many of us fell into the trap of using Google, Facebook etc as our 'confidant'. I've come to realise that the internet may simply be a tool to harvest all our searches and deepest darkest thoughts and secrets to use against us at a later time. They have certainly got a good grasp of how the human mind works now as any google search suddenly begins to predict your next search practically before you have even thought of it! 

The quicker people withdraw from using and especially having accounts on these platforms the better. 

I think a big crossroads is when the wearables become implantables. As in any religion this is the 'mark of the beast. It'll be an interesting spectacle to see how this unfolds as no doubt it will be marketed as the 'next best thing' as any iPhone etc is right now. 

8 minutes ago, 2020member said:

I've come to realise that the internet may simply be a tool to harvest all our searches and deepest darkest thoughts and secrets to use against us at a later time.

ugh, yes I heard marketers can just pull up your shopping data and figure out if you are happily married or not (!), if you are pregnant, if... fill in the blank.

I tried to search for this marketer database, but of course the general public doesn't have access to it. I'd really like to know what's in that shopper database.   It makes me paranoid though, don't want to share more of my inner thoughts...maybe the marketers will use it against me.

Edited by ty.shakleford
stupid

23 minutes ago, 2020member said:

Indeed. 

As many of us fell into the trap of using Google, Facebook etc as our 'confidant'. I've come to realise that the internet may simply be a tool to harvest all our searches and deepest darkest thoughts and secrets to use against us at a later time.

The New Living Language, Brainwaves & Babel

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, muir said:

The New Living Language, Brainwaves & Babel

Looks good. Currently watching Europa the final battle. So will watch this later! 

• Like 1