Sign in to follow this  
timelord

Star Trek Picard

Particularly episode 3.  Getting into an allegory with 9/11 "conspiracy theory".  

Very interesting stuff.  

I've heard that it's pretty 'woke' and bad.

Is it gonna end up brainwashing the masses into believing there's 'nothing to see here' with 911 conspiracy?

1 minute ago, size of light said:

I've heard that it's pretty 'woke' and bad.

Is it gonna end up brainwashing the masses into believing there's 'nothing to see here' with 911 conspiracy?

Not from what I've seen so far.  Conspiracy is at the very heart of the show. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, timelord said:

Not from what I've seen so far.  Conspiracy is at the very heart of the show. 

Time to give it a try, then.

...Though knowing the recent history of Star Trek, it won't surprise me at all if they pull the rug out from under us at some point and invert the meaning.

Just now, size of light said:

Time to give it a try, then.

...Though knowing the recent history of Star Trek, it won't surprise me at all if they pull the rug out from under us at some point and invert the meaning.

There is a real cynicism to this series.  Discovery to me isn't Star Trek (the first series in particular), just reactionary stuff with Star Trek stuck as it's title. 

It's not available over here ( Britain)- interesting what you've seen in it. I was never a TNG/Picard fan though. Deep Space Nine is the best! ( Joint with the original series). I watched the first episode of Discovery on Netflix, then started a bit of the second episode and found it boring, so didn't bother with the rest. 

I didn't like Voyager either and never finished watching that when it was out at the time, but I did like Enterprise with Scott Bakula.

But Kirk and The Sisko are hard acts to follow.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack

17 minutes ago, jeffvickers said:

It's on Amazon Prime Video UK 

I don't subscribe to that. I have Netflix though. I wish they'd make a follow up to DS9- always wanted to see Sisko come back from the wormhole and Odo from The Great Link!

2 hours ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

I don't subscribe to that. I have Netflix though. I wish they'd make a follow up to DS9- always wanted to see Sisko come back from the wormhole and Odo from The Great Link!

Unfortunately, Odo won't be coming back from The Great LInk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9_Auberjonois

Haven't watched TV for 15 years and the odd clips seen of later work doesn't impress.

Stopped at Stargate series 7, Babylon 5 and Syivestor Mccoy. :classic_huh:

Patrick Stewart, whom has had a great hand in its development has said that it will not be just more of TNG but something more challenging. 

The Pickard show is NOT Gene Rodenberry.  It's dark and 'happy-future' lacking.

I find it hard to watch as the science is lacking although I think it's inspired in how the show brought Data back into the show.  It runs along the same lines of what I heard our David Ickenham talk of, so I for one CAN get behind that bit.

I'm watching it as far as I can.  I am yet to see 3.  

It's slow to start but again it's fast where it can be.  I mean how many times in TNG did you just wish that the hero or fool was believed from the start?  Well in Pickard that is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS.  Brilliant. 

Maybe this should have been called Star Trek Resurrection ,, because a popular old dinosaur has been recruited to make Amazon richer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ,,

and he (Patrick) was no doubt paid millions to resurrect himself ,,

Image result for alien resurrection

I think he's a brilliant actor ,, but this new series like Star Trek Discovery holds no meaningful content ,, just excellent cgi and special effects ,, and a vague warning about the danger of AI and androids.

Gene Roddenberry had a clear vision with many insights into the future ,, All seemingly lost in this techno revival.

I will watch it thought ,, coz ,, I wanna see more of Data! (If he appears again) ,, and ,, I like Star Trek ,,

Image result for data star trek

I find this threat a little funny if i am honest. I mean the whole of Star Trek (all Series) were nothing more than a Male Soap. It was rife with Moral and Ethical propaganda.  Do you really think the new series is going to be any different. I haven't watched it but if i do get super bored some night I certainly wouldn't be going in there expecting to get red pilled.

Well this is one male soap I'm gonna be watching. I don't watch any other soaps ,, especially not female ones ,, ! 👀 ,,

I just watched ep 3 and I'm lovin' it. It's getting better. 

I can see why now ,, that they chose to bring Patrick back on board ,, no doubt they waved the huge Hollywood paycheck carrot ,, but he did it! And he's great!

I even watch and listen to the intro and end titles ,, the musical score is excellent.

Edited by jupiter12