eliteincontrol

Phillip Schofield on coming out as gay

55 minutes ago, cshepherd said:

Young Matthew McGreevy spent the day with Phillip and his co-host Holly Willoughby after receiving an invite for an ‘access all areas’ tour

Again, stop smirking. I don't know why you all find that so amusing.

image.png.c12b22da261971c40b1cd7978b47a7ec.png

"C'mon. Grow up."

• Like 1

I know what my father and grandfathers and men of their generations would've called him and it certainly wouldn't be brave. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cshepherd said:

Injunction? They started gassing about it on the Oscars morning show with super gossip, Perez Hilton. This is all subtle softening of the public to make way for the NAMBLA way of thinking. Brave Phillip Schofield and his 18 year old secret BF (who he met when he was younger)

Joan Collins, Perez Hilton on Phillip Schofield: "There have been rumours of Inappropriateness"

TV shows are largely just a performance these days.

Also in the same interview Joan Collins said the announcement was "odd", and that everyone who knew him knew he was gay. So why all the emotional stories about having to "break it to his wife"? Was she the only one out of all his friends and acquaintances that didnt know? Utter BS.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, HAARPING_On said:

The Prince Andrew story has quiet all of a sudden hasn't it??? 

Oh yes. Now the Queen's grandson is getting divorced and that's on page one of the red-tops. Andrew is back under his rock waiting until it all blows over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAARPING_On said:

The Prince Andrew story has quiet all of a sudden hasn't it??? 

it's a good time to bury bad news as they say...

The bizarre beatification of Phillip Schofield

Is Schofield brave for coming out as gay? Get a grip.

Brendan O'Neill, Editor

10th February 2020

Brave used to mean going to war. Or risking life and limb for your political beliefs. Or smuggling contraband literature into tyrannical countries. Or going to the Moon. Now it means being a millionaire who uses his comfy position as the King of Daytime TV to tell everyone he’s gay. Brave, courageous, amazing, wonderful, powerful – these are some of the histrionic words that have been used to describe Phillip Schofield’s outing of himself on the This Morning couch. What has everyone been smoking?

The response to Schofield’s revelation has been mad. And telling. Overnight he has become a secular saint. St Phillip, patron saint of the stunning and the brave, godhead of gays, a messianic cultural figure whose coming out is ‘a day to celebrate’, according to pop singer Will Young. Maybe it should be a national holiday. Phillip Schofield Day, when the This Morning theme tune is pumped into all public spaces and we all solemnly remember the great sacrifice Phil made in his confessional chat with Holly Willoughby. After all, as Stonewall says, this is a ‘massive moment’ for ‘society in general’, so the least society can do is mark this historic, epoch-quaking occasion.

What rot. This isn’t about Schofield himself. If he’s happier now, that’s nice. Good luck to him. No, the weird thing here is the sacralisation of Schofield, and of the gay identity more broadly. The Cult of St Phillip confirms that in the aristocracy of identity, homosexuality is very close to the top. It’s one of the most ‘authentic’ identities, apparently. One worthy of worship. One which confers upon the individual all sorts of special powers and skills. Sensitivity, authenticity, bravery, good fashion sense, and a sacred place in popular culture, where every gay character is an unusually wise possessor of the secrets to life and happiness – this is the story of gayness now. The secular beatification of Schofield confirms the sanctity of homosexuality in our post-traditional, commitment-sceptic, identitarian era.

We might, if we were being cheeky, refer to it as gay privilege. Virtually every use of the word privilege by the woke set and the cultural elite is daft and unconvincing these days. They bang on about ‘white privilege’ with no regard whatsoever for the armies of white working-class people who enjoy no privilege whatsoever. They accuse trans-sceptical women of enjoying ‘cis privilege’, which is just an underhand and misogynistic way of telling these women to STFU about the men who identify as women who want the right to have a balls-out shower in the women’s changing room. But the idea of ‘straight privilege’ is especially ridiculous. Right now, among the Western political and cultural establishments, it is gayness that is celebrated while straightness is deemed to be drab, dull, predictable and in urgent need of a fabulous makeover (witness Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Ru Paul’s Drag Race, and all the other embarrassing gays-as-cultural-kings stuff that passes for entertainment these days).

The notion of straight privilege, or of gay oppression, is utterly unsustainable today. It isn’t gay commentary that is demonised and suppressed today (thank God) – it’s commentary that is critical of gay marriage, which is casually branded as bigoted and homophobic. It isn’t pro-gay businesses that are boycotted by the great and the good (thank God) – it’s any business that has ever expressed any doubt whatsoever about gay marriage. Think of the Christian-owned Chick-fil-A. Its first UK chicken shop was shut down because of the menacing threat of harassment and boycotting. It isn’t pro-gay politicians who are pilloried as weirdos and perverts (thank God) – it’s gay-sceptical politicians like former Lib Dem leader Tim Farron. Things have come to such a bizarre pass that these days the Church of England feels the need to apologise for saying things that might be construed as anti-gay. The other week the CofE expressed regret for the ‘hurt and division’ caused by its statement that sex is for married heterosexual couples only. Christian church apologises for holding Christian beliefs – this is the power of gay privilege.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/02/10/the-bizarre-beatification-of-phillip-schofield/

• Like 4

the 2 faced theatre company which phil was a patron and MM was a student has gone- even facebook 

There was something about a relationship with an 18yr old lad.

But to be honest I couldn't care what his sexuality is that is his own business.

It's his wife he should be apologising to for cheating in her.

• Like 1

I guess this grand coming out performance is not working as intended, time to change the subject and move on - time to talk flat earth, interesting timing.....

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2020 at 1:38 PM, JONJAY79 said:

There was something about a relationship with an 18yr old lad.

But to be honest I couldn't care what his sexuality is that is his own business.

It's his wife he should be apologising to for cheating in her.

Wouldn't be surprised if the missus knew all along and put up with it.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the missus knew all along and put up with it.

If she knew from the day she married him then she is either a mug or they made an agreement she could have a bit on the side herself. 

• Like 1

Deeply saddened by the death of Sir Jimmy Savile. He was so generous with his time and advice to me when I was starting out. So long Jim

Paying respects for Saville

Guys have we been distracted here? Was the whole thing just a big smokescreen ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stride said:

A point I made earlier in the thread with the Prince Andrew comment... while everyone is looking over here, there's something else going on over there...

How about a bit of perspective for context...

In the UK, a country of approximately 70 million (if you believe the figures)

How many people died in road accidents last year?

How many people died of heart attacks last year?

How many people died of cancer last year?

How many people have died of Coronavirus in the UK so far?

So why all the hysteria? You're more likely to get run over by a bus...

is he using the same tactic as Spacey?

https://www.miamiherald.com/article181645546.html

House of Cards actor Kevin Spacey announced he was gay on Twitter Sunday in the same tweet where he issued an apology to the actor accusing him of sexual assault more than 30 years ago.

“Star Trek: Discovery” actor Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of making a sexual advance on him when he was 14, as reported by Buzzfeed News Sunday. Spacey was 26 at the time, according to Buzzfeed News.

Spacey issued an apology on Twitter Sunday, stating that he doesn’t remember the alleged encounter over 30 years ago.

“But if I did behave in the way he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology, for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior,” Spacey tweeted.

I should of guessed years ago. Years presenting this morning with Holly I never saw him one check out her ample rack. 

Wasting so much time trying to hide he could of had a life happy with a fella for years instead of being terrified of waking up one day to find out the the world knows your gay, Most people don't care if he's gay, straight or a bit of both.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scott Kirkland said:

Most people don't care if he's gay, straight or a bit of both.

I dunno, seems like we're giving a lot of our energy to this story. 😂

It's only a matter of time before GAY people will feel the need to be BRAVE to come out as STRAIGHT.

On 2/13/2020 at 10:37 PM, Stride said:

certainly no one is talking anymore about how prince andrew and prince charles have both pal'd around with some of the most prolific pedophiles of their generations

• Like 4