Jump to content
Stride

Barrymore: The Body in the Pool

Recommended Posts

Another imo dodgy person Princess Diana was involved with.

 

Diana friendship may have helped Barrymore's downfall, says wife Cheryl

https://web.archive.org/web/20050425105553/http://archives.tcm.ie/breakingnews/2002/10/19/story73289.asp

 

"Michael Barrymore’s friendship with Diana, Princess of Wales may have helped lead to the shamed entertainer’s downfall, his ex-wife said today.
Cheryl Barrymore told a newspaper that the pair spent hours together talking, and that the princess told the gay TV star they were alike.
The late princess told him they were unique and that no-one should be allowed to control them ever again, Mrs Barrymore, 50, told the Daily Mail.
Diana paid many visits to Barrymore, famous for shows including Strike It Lucky and Kids Say The Funniest Things, but never wanted his wife to be present at the meetings, she said.
And she added that the relationship may even have “tipped him over the edge”, the newspaper said.


Mrs Barrymore spoke of her former husband’s friendship with the late princess in an interview ahead of the newspaper’s serialisation of her book.
She has written an account of two decades of marriage with Barrymore, whose career is in tatters following the death of Stuart Lubbock during a party at his mansion in Roydon, Essex, in March last year.The book promises to bring fresh shame to the 50-year-old entertainer, with claims of drug-taking and violent outbursts and allegations that he made a sham of his marriage during “sexual expeditions” with young men.


Barrymore faced no criminal charges as a result of Mr Lubbock’s death but Coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray referred an allegation of perjury to the police for investigation following the inquest. The referral came about after Mrs Barrymore claimed that her ex-husband lied to the court when he said he could not swim, and therefore could not attempt to rescue Mr Lubbock from the swimming pool in which he was found dead. "

 
 

 

 

Edited by Golden Retriever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Another imo dodgy person Princess Diana was involved with.

 

Diana friendship may have helped Barrymore's downfall, says wife Cheryl

https://web.archive.org/web/20050425105553/http://archives.tcm.ie/breakingnews/2002/10/19/story73289.asp

 

"Michael Barrymore’s friendship with Diana, Princess of Wales may have helped lead to the shamed entertainer’s downfall, his ex-wife said today.
Cheryl Barrymore told a newspaper that the pair spent hours together talking, and that the princess told the gay TV star they were alike.
The late princess told him they were unique and that no-one should be allowed to control them ever again, Mrs Barrymore, 50, told the Daily Mail.
Diana paid many visits to Barrymore, famous for shows including Strike It Lucky and Kids Say The Funniest Things, but never wanted his wife to be present at the meetings, she said.
And she added that the relationship may even have “tipped him over the edge”, the newspaper said.


Mrs Barrymore spoke of her former husband’s friendship with the late princess in an interview ahead of the newspaper’s serialisation of her book.
She has written an account of two decades of marriage with Barrymore, whose career is in tatters following the death of Stuart Lubbock during a party at his mansion in Roydon, Essex, in March last year.The book promises to bring fresh shame to the 50-year-old entertainer, with claims of drug-taking and violent outbursts and allegations that he made a sham of his marriage during “sexual expeditions” with young men.


Barrymore faced no criminal charges as a result of Mr Lubbock’s death but Coroner Caroline Beasley-Murray referred an allegation of perjury to the police for investigation following the inquest. The referral came about after Mrs Barrymore claimed that her ex-husband lied to the court when he said he could not swim, and therefore could not attempt to rescue Mr Lubbock from the swimming pool in which he was found dead. "

 
 

 

 

 

Interesting, had no idea about this connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Stride said:

Has anyone else watched this.. what did you think?

 

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/barrymore-the-body-in-the-pool

 

No, I didn't see it, though I did see a mention on a news site somewhere on Wednesday I think.

 

Interesting timing:

Barrymore: The Body In The Pool - first shown Thursday 6th Feb

Phil Schofield comes out as gay - Friday 7th Feb

 

Distraction, somewhat?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

No, I didn't see it, though I did see a mention on a news site somewhere on Wednesday I think.

 

Interesting timing:

Barrymore: The Body In The Pool - first shown Thursday 6th Feb

Phil Schofield comes out as gay - Friday 7th Feb

 

Distraction, somewhat?

 

 

 

I have yet to watch the Channel Four Doc.

 

But from news reports at the time, Barrymore lied. He found the body in the pool and told police he couldn´t swim, but his wife, now deceased signed an affidavit

saying this was a lie.  His counsellor also said he had seen him swim.  Barrymore and witnesses said the body was found at about 5am, neighbours heard screaming at 5am, but someone at the party only phoned for an ambulance at about 5.45am.  The scene of the crime was not secured by police and Barrymore´s agent was allowed in afaik. Barrymore himself left before the police arrived afaik. 

 

The anal injuries inflicted upon Stuart Lubbock (if true) were evil beyond belief.

 

The police made numerous errors. Is this a Freemason cover up?

Edited by Golden Retriever
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably what happened at the time people agreed not to admit who did it, money has changed hands ect. And because some know but were paid off, they know they will be in trouble now too so all are just keeping silent??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes i watched it- was horrifying- i just thought poor Lubbock drowned... What a twisted bunch of Perverts !!!!!!!!   They should All be jailed-and have the same sick "thing" done to Them. Barrymore only interested in his dam career WTF ?!!     And Yes Golden Retriever i would guess Freemasonry involved in cover up. As in Maddie McCann Tapas all paid to keep quiet. If we cant trust our Police and Judiciary -Who the hell CAN we trust ?   Lubbocks family esp his poor Dad must be living in Horror and Torment 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Stride said:

It's strange how Lubbock sounds like Buttock...?

 

"Lubed buttock" 🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Grumpy Owl said:

Interesting timing:

Barrymore: The Body In The Pool - first shown Thursday 6th Feb

Phil Schofield comes out as gay - Friday 7th Feb

 

 

Michael Barrymore - happily married for years, came out as gay late in his career

 

Philip Schofield - happily married for years, came out as gay late in his career

 

I'm sure its just a coincidence...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And none of the other party members spoke on film. The News of the World journalist pretending to be Police to interview family was low. As shit as Lubbock's killing was, the way his family were just used like cattle by the press. I remember reading it. 

So either ritual that really fucked up. Or Barrymore did it. And did it with others. At least Barrymore suspects who did it and saying nothing. 

Any other death in similar circumstances for someone not even as wealthy would have ended with multiple convictions by now. Going by time frame to now, they'd probably have been released after serving half their sentence by time the documentary was broadcast.

Edited by hayed joe
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

No, I didn't see it, though I did see a mention on a news site somewhere on Wednesday I think.

 

Interesting timing:

Barrymore: The Body In The Pool - first shown Thursday 6th Feb

Phil Schofield comes out as gay - Friday 7th Feb

 

Distraction, somewhat?

 

 

Maybe he was at the party ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just revolting. This poor young man's murderer needs to be convicted. Barrymore and his 2 cronies must have known something. Were they the only ones at this "party" or where there more? I seem to remember at the time the news reporting he'd had a lot of people there. Were his gates left open and people just coming and going? Anyone here know?  I don't wanna watch that documentary, will turn my stomach.

I hope Mr Lubbock's family get this disgusting crime solved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

Just revolting. This poor young man's murderer needs to be convicted. Barrymore and his 2 cronies must have known something. Were they the only ones at this "party" or where there more? I seem to remember at the time the news reporting he'd had a lot of people there. Were his gates left open and people just coming and going? Anyone here know?  I don't wanna watch that documentary, will turn my stomach.

I hope Mr Lubbock's family get this disgusting crime solved.

 

There were a total of nine people including the deceased, three of whom were female (one being only 17 years of age)

Who was at Michael Barrymore's party? Eight guests in pool death mystery

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-michael-barrymores-party-eight-21433540

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grumpy Owl said:

 

Michael Barrymore - happily married for years, came out as gay late in his career

 

Philip Schofield - happily married for years, came out as gay late in his career

 

I'm sure its just a coincidence...

 

Michael's ex-wife was placed on an 'at risk' resister by police https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/i-feared-barrymore-would-kill-me-1-1377849

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone should make a film of it, would make for an interesting thriller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this reaction real or acting..

 

See 41:24

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting why nobody else at the party was interviewed, surely that would be regular practice for the police to carry out?

Also at the time it was reported in the press as the victim drowning in the pool, but now its said he died in hospital after being found unconscious in the pool and signs of extreme violence to his neck and anus. Why wasnt that reported at the time?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor Poor Stuart innocent and "starstruck"  loses his young life at a depraved so called Party. RIP 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barrymore's ex- boyfriend had a history of violence and was at the party. He was actually the first to discover the body. Wasn't he ever arrested and questioned? There were only 8 people at the party.   One or more of those 8  people murdered Stuart Lubbock.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, greatdayforfreedom said:

Barrymore's ex- boyfriend had a history of violence and was at the party. He was actually the first to discover the body. Wasn't he ever arrested and questioned? There were only 8 people at the party.   One or more of those 8  people murdered Stuart Lubbock.

 

 

 

 

The police now believe one or more of the 8 people at the party murdered Stuart Lubbock, but have insufficient evidence to charge

anyone.

 

Barrymore and two others were arrested years later.

 

"On 14 June 2007, the Essex Police arrested the famous celebrity and two other men on suspicion of the murder of Stuart Lubbock and serious sexual assault after it was found that tapes had been seized from the famous celebrity's literary agent that detailed conversations that the famous celebrity had had with other people. The famous celebrity was held for questioning and the police were given permission to hold him for another 12 hours and he was released the next day on bail. When the famous celebrity later answered bail on 31 July 2007 he was held again for questioning for 12 hours after which he was released and told that no charges would be made."

 

This is a good source of information ............

 

http://www.unsolved-murders.co.uk/murder-content.php?key=1686

Edited by Golden Retriever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Golden Retriever said:

 

There were a total of nine people including the deceased, three of whom were female (one being only 17 years of age)

Who was at Michael Barrymore's party? Eight guests in pool death mystery

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/who-michael-barrymores-party-eight-21433540

 

 

Well you'd think the plod could've found out who did the foul deed out of 9 suspects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×