Sign in to follow this  
Stride

Taping over webcam

Does anyone else do this on their pc / laptop? It just doesn’t feel right leaving it fully exposed.

8F44EBBE-71AC-4AB6-8082-51950D20CDE3.jpeg

• Thanks 1

yes as it can be hacked by anyone at anytime

clips of mark zuckerberg at his computer show that he puts tape over his webcam too

if the head of the biggest social media platform on the planet which is interfaced with the CIA/Mossad puts tape over his own webcam then i think we can safely assume it is a good precaution

I would say you'd be a fool not to

• Like 1

Anyone else think it’s strange that all pcs and laptops these days are being built with built in microphones and cameras ?

I only realised the other day that the occulus rift had a built in hidden microphone too.. this had to be ripped out.

No cam here as I build my own desktops, but I often stick these over my phone camera.

assorted_googly_eyes_2.jpg.05d2c7385d746363016cb6cb2306aeda.jpg

It's the brains of our devices (processor) that we can't get away from. I'm pretty sure most Intel/AMD CPUs have backdoors.

The amount of people that own a smart TV with a mic and cam in is alarming too. We're moving closer and closer to this.

miccih.jpg.726f66c25856728f31625258e8e62721.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, muir said:

yes as it can be hacked by anyone at anytime

clips of mark zuckerberg at his computer show that he puts tape over his webcam too

if the head of the biggest social media platform on the planet which is interfaced with the CIA/Mossad puts tape over his own webcam then i think we can safely assume it is a good precaution

I would say you'd be a fool not to

Mulder did it also in one of the most recent X-Files episodes

2 hours ago, Stride said:

Anyone else think it’s strange that all pcs and laptops these days are being built with built in microphones and cameras ?

no i don't think its strange at all because the whole point of the technocracy is that it intends to monitor EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DO and to micro-manage your energy useage as a means of social control

This requires a surveillance society and everyone using a smart phone or an alexa or a smart TV or an Xbox is allowing surveillance tech into their living space

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Stride said:

It just doesn’t feel right leaving it fully exposed.

i think any i.t. machine with a camera without a shutter is dodgy. even the option to turn off doesnt wash with me.

phone apps are horrendous for requiring access

but witness the facebook evacuees (after the privacy scandal) having mobiles, alexa and ring . totally brainless jumping with trends

l've been taping my camera for ever.
l wish l could do the same with my mic, as adverts pop up about things l talk about and not what l browse.
Anyone who has watched the 2016 Snowden film would do the same, surely ?

My mobile is often off if I want privacy, but is it really off though?

“They can absolutely turn them on with the power turned off to the device”  - Edward Snowden

Yep ,, I do.

I buy webcam covers. There are loads of cases of pervs spying on people using webcams, all it takes is a bit of software ,, ie an app. (or an inclusion in an app) ,, the webcam 'on' light can easily be deactivated using software.

Re microphones ,, devices are always listening ,, poised and ever ready to help you ,, if you say 'Hey Google' every google device springs into action and wants to assist you! ,, the always listening ear ,, It seems the corporate Satanic billionaire brigade do not respect an individuals right to privacy.

• Thanks 1

Stuff like Snapchat creeps me out the most. Knowing that I live on a planet with hordes of zombified people that willingly trade their facial biometrics for those stupid dog filters like this is creepy as hell.

kim-kardashian-61104a3f-ece4-42f9-a1e0-97e8d079960c.jpg.448461858e05899082cd8ae2a3e19d05.jpg

This is what happens when you have smart devices, but dumb people. People would see the dangers of the hardware and software if computer literacy was encouraged more, but people just buy simplified closed systems for convenience. Do normies ever wonder why the Snapchat logo is a spook? It probably doesn't even cross their minds.

Edited by EnigmaticWorld
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

l've been taping my camera for ever.
l wish l could do the same with my mic, as adverts pop up about things l talk about and not what l browse.

This happens to me too. If I utter something out loud to myself like "what does x mean?", I then go to search for its meaning and predictive text has already anticipated it (some of the things I search for are pretty obscure and hardly a popular browsing choice). This even happens on DuckDuckGo.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

This happens to me too. If I utter something out loud to myself like "what does x mean?", I then go to search for its meaning and predictive text has already anticipated it (some of the things I search for are pretty obscure and hardly a popular browsing choice). This even happens on DuckDuckGo.

lt's 'in your face' now, isn't it ? :classic_wacko:

l spoke with a friend recently about their scuba diving experiences in South Africa.
l've never searched or read articles about South Africa....or...Scuba Diving.
You can guess what adverts l got for nearly a week...and not just one or the other but specifically both in one Ad :classic_dry: 
(edit - l think l took a screenshot - l'll go look)

Edited by Basket Case
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Basket Case said:

lt's 'in your face' now, isn't it ? :classic_wacko:

l spoke with a friend recently about their scuba diving experiences in South Africa.
l've never searched or read articles about South Africa....or...Scuba Diving.
You can guess what adverts l got for nearly a week...and not just one or the other but specifically both in one Ad :classic_dry: 
(edit - l think l took a screenshot - l'll go look)

Found it;

scuba.jpg

• Thanks 1

The control grid is definitely ramping up ,, in their goal for a totally controlled compliant zombie society.

Total surveillance ,, total control ,, and an incoming cashless society.

I visited a nearby beach at the weekend. One where there are parking meters which accept coins/money. 

So me and some friends turn up ,, and the beach is blocked by a barrier and guys with card payment devices in their hands.

To cut it short the arrogant overbearing f*****rs at the gate insisted on 'card' payment for parking ,,👀 ,, they said at weekends only card payments are accepted ,, and even the parking machines only accept cards.

So ,, the driver said ,, 'sorry I don't do contactless payments' ,, and the guy said ,,'ok ,, you'll have to drive along and pay using a parking meter with coins' ,,!

Are these morons being trained to condition everyone to believe that the way to go is cashless!

Edited by jupiter12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

Stuff like Snapchat creeps me out the most. Knowing that I live on a planet with hordes of zombified people that willingly trade their facial biometrics for those stupid dog filters like this is creepy as hell.

kim-kardashian-61104a3f-ece4-42f9-a1e0-97e8d079960c.jpg.448461858e05899082cd8ae2a3e19d05.jpg

This is what happens when you have smart devices, but dumb people. People would see the dangers of the hardware and software if computer literacy was encouraged more, but people just buy simplified closed systems for convenience. Do normies ever wonder why the Snapchat logo is a spook? It probably doesn't even cross their minds.

Apparently the Beckhams use snotchat ,,

Image result for funny victoria beckham

When tptb spy on some peoples webcams I bet they see some interesting things ,, 

Image result for funny webcam

Edited by jupiter12
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, jupiter12 said:

Apparently the Beckhams use snotchat ,,

Image result for funny victoria beckham

When tptb spy on some peoples webcams I bet they see some interesting things ,, 

I remember Edward Snowden saying young men who have barely developed a moral compass yet have jobs at the NSA. With stuff like this, it's a recipe for disaster.

tumblr_p58d3weICp1vtafopo1_500.png.e032e2b2491239f7860e3a8d3e066b10.png

• Like 1

With my current situation with the shadow government, before they used the sky to commune with me, I used the camera and mircrophone on my laptop to say things to them knowing that they are listening. Taping over the webcam is a good idea and before all of this shadow government nonsense, I was doing this myself. My dad also does this. Keep it up!

Edited by positiveevitisop

Once upon a times in a Galaxy Far Far Away ,, there was something called privacy ,,

A now obsolete term ,,

Image result for funny spy laptops

Image result for funny spy computer

Image result for funny spy computer

yes the first thing I did when I got this laptop was tape ove the camera and mic

What about pushing blu tack into the microphone holes also on the screen.. it's a must these days.

9 hours ago, Stride said:

What about pushing blu tack into the microphone holes also on the screen.. it's a must these days.

Yeah ,, good idea ,, 

I was looking at a tablet today which houses 3 microphones (Lenovo Smart Tablet) ,, So that the Google Assistant doesn't miss a single sound! ,, so it clearly hears everything ,,!

Image result for funny spy

Edited by jupiter12

Not lately I haven't but for a while I was putting tiny stickers over my phone lens (the lens towards me) and laptop cameras.  The sticker on my laptop lens kept falling off and I've since got a new phone and haven't bothered.

It seems like so many apps require jacking your contacts, your camera, your microphone in order to use them.  I don't give permissions for my microphone or camera to be used on my laptop, and I don't know if there is any stealth usage by those apps on my phone.  (I guess it's not stealth once we've agreed to it but we don't have conscious awareness of it operating in the background.)

Years ago (before 2003) I'd run across a patent for technology that could literally track you (and spy on you, electronically), stuff that would blow your mind (like if you were actively watching TV, if there was one or more than one person in the room or just you, your location at all times, and much more.)  Supposedly, it was only for marketing and targeting products to you.  It was 100% invasive and alarming.  I'd posted a link to the patent page at a yahoo group then waited for reactions.  When after a few days there were no reactions I was stumped and went back to check my link and it didn't lead to that patent page but to nowhere.  I also tried tracing it in my history and I was not able to find that page again.

I never knew what to make of it (losing the link so completely).  The alarming things I read about on that page have been realized though and as far as I know is invading all our lives however silently so as not to alarm us 'consciously'.

Edited by yass
structure

I go one step further than a bit of tape and disconnect the camera and any internal microphone from my laptops, i have several used for different purposes and non have functioning cameras or mics. Ive also disabled the face camera on my smartphone and am looking at a way of modding the speaker mute switch to become a microphone mute switch instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1