Jump to content
Basket Case

What If I Told You The Matrix was stolen from Tom Althouse ?

Recommended Posts

l'm a big Matrix fan.
l stumbled across this and almost didn't watch it.
l ended up giving it 10 minutes to see how it 'felt'...
l ended up watching the whole 2hr video.
l'm convinced.
The Matrix WAS stolen... :classic_dry: 
Fuck the Wachowskis, Hollywood and all who run it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have two hours to spare at the moment, but I like Kev's show so I'm bookmarking to watch later.

Are you saying the whole film is a a rip-off, or just the religious aspects? I say that because I'm sure there are lots of tales that borrow from religion.

The film is set in the fictional city of Zion where white people are subordinate to minorities. Morpheus speaks about there being one way back in time where there was the first person to awaken others, and the Oracle prophesied there will be another at some point. The first being Jesus, with Neo being the second coming. The red pill of knowledge is like the apple in the garden of Eden, but the price of knowledge is discomfort. Trinity sounds pretty Christian-esque too. The three heroes travel on a ship called Nebuchadnezzar. Nebuchadnezzar was a Babylonian King that didn't like a certain tribe. In 587 B.C he destroyed the Temple of Solomon and forced that tribe out of Jerusalem. The leader of the opposition in the city of Zion is Councillor Haman. Haman is another enemy of this tribe from the Old Testament. The films also feature shapeshifters that blend into society. The Architect sits in a control room surrounded by TV sets, like a media mastermind. I could go on, but I'm sure you can see where I am going with this. The Matrix appears to be about a rebellion against a certain power structure.

Some might say this analysis sounds a bit bigoted or something, but I didn't write the script.

With all this religious stuff, it might be a bit unfair to say it's a rip-off because many stories borrow from religion and ancient mysticism like I previously said. That being said, maybe I am missing something so I will give the vid a watch to see if I have any new thoughts on the subject.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EnigmaticWorld said:

I don't have two hours to spare at the moment, but I like Kev's show so I'm bookmarking to watch later.

Are you saying the whole film is a a rip-off, or just the religious aspects? I say that because I'm sure there are lots of tales that borrow from religion.

The film is set in the fictional city of Zion where white people are subordinate to minorities. Morpheus speaks about there being one way back in time where there was the first person to awaken others, and the Oracle prophesied there will be another at some point. The first being Jesus, with Neo being the second coming. The red pill of knowledge is like the apple in the garden of Eden, but the price of knowledge is discomfort. Trinity sounds pretty Christian-esque too. The three heroes travel on a ship called Nebuchadnezzar. Nebuchadnezzar was a Babylonian King that didn't like a certain tribe. In 587 B.C he destroyed the Temple of Solomon and forced that tribe out of Jerusalem. The leader of the opposition in the city of Zion is Councillor Haman. Haman is another enemy of this tribe from the Old Testament. The films also feature shapeshifters that blend into society. The Architect sits in a control room surrounded by TV sets, like a media mastermind. I could go on, but I'm sure you can see where I am going with this. The Matrix appears to be about a rebellion against a certain power structure.

Some might say this analysis sounds a bit bigoted or something, but I didn't write the script.

With all this religious stuff, it might be a bit unfair to say it's a rip-off because many stories borrow from religion and ancient mysticism like I previously said. That being said, maybe I am missing something so I will give the vid a watch to see if I have any new thoughts on the subject.


There is a 'Jesus / religious' element to it.
There are 119 key points that have been used in the Matrix from his 'Immortals' script.
One of them being the 'train station scene' with the little girl.
l found it fascinating..
About to watch Matrix2 tonight after watching Matrix 1 a few nights ago.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Screamingeagle said:

Pablo Picasso.

 

“Good artists copy. Great artists steal.”

 

to be fair i'm yet to watch your video 


But he's lost 2 sons and around $400M over this too... :classic_dry: 

Edited by Basket Case

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Basket Case said:


But he's lost 2 sons and around $400M over this too... :classic_dry: 

i'm pretty sure that by "steal" Pablo Piccaso ment on "inspiration"......but you'll never know 😁

 

but i wouldn't be suprised that matrix is a rip off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Screamingeagle said:

i'm pretty sure that by "steal" Pablo Piccaso ment on "inspiration"......but you'll never know 😁

 

but i wouldn't be suprised that matrix is a rip off


Using the word inspired is accurate as the story is not directly copied, but many many key pieces are copied....and the Wachowskis had access to the 'Immortals' script.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×