Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
size of light

Anyone Else Get the Feeling Youtube Recommendations Are Reading Your MInd?

Recommended Posts

Semi-reluctant to open this pandora's box because it makes me sound paranoid or crazy - neither of which I am - but it happens so regularly to me that I can ignore it no longer.

 

Example just now...

 

I commented on a youtube vid on UFOs about an hour ago, then immediately re-read my comment and considered editing it (but didn't) to include a sentence suggesting that the youtuber might be 'overthinking things.'

 

I didn't type this, or speak the words out loud.

 

Now I get a 'Recommended for You' video:

How Do We Break The Habit Of Excessive Thinking? by Eckhart Tolle

As a one-off, that's no big deal, right?  But this happens all the time: recommendations that match things I've thought about but HAVEN'T written or spoken of aloud.

 

And I haven't looked at an Eckhart Tolle video - spoken or even thought about him - for years. Again, the subject of the video I commented on was UFOs; nothing at all to do with self-help or anything Eckhardt Tolle-related whatsoever.

 

Yeah yeah, I know: I sound paranoid or delusional, but it happens over and over.

 

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Proposed experiment:

 

- Select a random subject you've never had any interest in (e.g. gardening, water polo, Phyllis Diller...).

- Don't tell anyone else or mention the subject out loud, don't type the words, don't do a Google search on it.

- Spend five excruciating minutes thinking about it, or just recall the subject every now and then over the course of an hour or so.

-  Keep an eye out in your youtube recommendations and see if something related comes up in the near future.

- Let us know if it does

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had a Youtube account so never commented on it but what do you expect with all the google cookies sitting on your machine that allow tracking of your activity on and off the Youtube website?

 

It might be some comfort  that It's AI that's doing this work as it's much cheaper that employing high level psychics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, serpentine said:

Never had a Youtube account so never commented on it but what do you expect with all the google cookies sitting on your machine that allow tracking of your activity on and off the Youtube website?

 

It might be some comfort  that It's AI that's doing this work as it's much cheaper that employing high level psychics.

 

Yeah, but I'm referring to things I've only thought, not things I've looked at online or even spoken to anyone about.

 

I know it sounds totally crazy, yet it's a real thing. Maybe it's happening to other people as well but they're not putting 2 and 2 together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably just synchronicity and not mind reading ...

 

This is a real phenomena , Jung was the first on record to note it's occurrence and give it a name ... see his memoirs for the personal experiences that drew his attention to this ...

 

I have also noted it in my life .. Basically if you have a thought about something it will Tend to pop up in your outside reality ... My experiences of it were first noticeable when I was changing my diet to become a vegi ... I would have strong cravings for certain foods ... Dates was one ... and Dates kept popping up in my external  reality ,  people would buy them for me without me asking ....

 

Increasingly peoples reality is electronic media , so it will appear the media is interacting with them ...

 

The mind does effect your reality and creates it .... Think affluence , believe you deserve affluence  , you will increase the probability of getting it ....

 

This is why the cabal fill the media with shooting and violence and zombie plague movies ...

 

What the people fill their heads with WILL effect the future they live out  

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, oz93666 said:

This is probably just synchronicity and not mind reading ...

 

This is a real phenomena , Jung was the first on record to note it's occurrence and give it a name ... see his memoirs for the personal experiences that drew his attention to this ...

 

I have also noted it in my life .. Basically if you have a thought about something it will Tend to pop up in your outside reality ... My experiences of it were first noticeable when I was changing my diet to become a vegi ... I would have strong cravings for certain foods ... Dates was one ... and Dates kept popping up in my external  reality ,  people would buy them for me without me asking ....

 

Increasingly peoples reality is electronic media , so it will appear the media is interacting with them ...

 

The mind does effect your reality and creates it .... Think affluence , believe you deserve affluence  , you will increase the probability of getting it ....

 

This is why the cabal fill the media with shooting and violence and zombie plague movies ...

 

What the people fill their heads with WILL effect the future they live out 

 

Good points there. Thanks for the reply.

 

It would have to be synchronicity or a demonstration of off-the-charts mind-reading tech, because I aint imagining it and I'm not crazy.

Edited by size of light

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oz93666 said:

This is probably just synchronicity and not mind reading ...

 

This is a real phenomena , Jung was the first on record to note it's occurrence and give it a name ... see his memoirs for the personal experiences that drew his attention to this ...

 

I have also noted it in my life .. Basically if you have a thought about something it will Tend to pop up in your outside reality ... My experiences of it were first noticeable when I was changing my diet to become a vegi ... I would have strong cravings for certain foods ... Dates was one ... and Dates kept popping up in my external  reality ,  people would buy them for me without me asking ....

 

Increasingly peoples reality is electronic media , so it will appear the media is interacting with them ...

 

The mind does effect your reality and creates it .... Think affluence , believe you deserve affluence  , you will increase the probability of getting it ....

 

This is why the cabal fill the media with shooting and violence and zombie plague movies ...

 

What the people fill their heads with WILL effect the future they live out  

 

 

 

Yes, this is why manifestation videos are so big on YouTube right now. People have desires and want to manifest them immediately. I am practicing with this to see if I can get multiple 100k cheques in my account😁. It would go hand in hand with my book "i am me I am free!"  As money sure gives alot more options.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, size of light said:

Proposed experiment:

 

- Select a random subject you've never had any interest in (e.g. gardening, water polo, Phyllis Diller...).

- Don't tell anyone else or mention the subject out loud, don't type the words, don't do a Google search on it.

- Spend five excruciating minutes thinking about it, or just recall the subject every now and then over the course of an hour or so.

-  Keep an eye out in your youtube recommendations and see if something related comes up in the near future.

- Let us know if it does

 

I just tried your proposed experiment. I thought for 5 excruciating minutes about the Mallard steam train - I did not utter a word or type it out. My inspiration for thinking about the Mallard came from a Top Trumps set I used to play with in childhood which also formed part of my 5 minute visualisation.

 

Looking through my Youtube recommended videos, everything looks pretty much as expected - the majority of videos concern history, spirituality or meditation. There were a significant number of car videos which I hadn't expected but that's probably to do with when I had my old troublesome car which I looked up videos about. There were no steam train videos nor anything relating to Top Trumps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.lifewire.com/clear-youtube-search-history-4165188

 

Quote

Why Clear Your YouTube Search History?

Don't worry—your YouTube searches can't be seen or accessed by any other YouTube users or people who visit your channel. But your search history does influence how YouTube chooses to show content to you.

 

YouTube displays a selection of recommended videos on the home page of your account based on your search history. When your YouTube search history is cleared, these recommended videos will no longer reflect what you've previously searched.

 

Your search history also prompts YouTube to automatically suggest past searches in the dropdown menu that appears when you start typing in the search box. These past search suggestions will no longer appear once you've cleared your search history.

 

Edited by Deca
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

 

I just tried your proposed experiment. I thought for 5 excruciating minutes about the Mallard steam train - I did not utter a word or type it out. My inspiration for thinking about the Mallard came from a Top Trumps set I used to play with in childhood which also formed part of my 5 minute visualisation.

 

Looking through my Youtube recommended videos, everything looks pretty much as expected - the majority of videos concern history, spirituality or meditation. There were a significant number of car videos which I hadn't expected but that's probably to do with when I had my old troublesome car which I looked up videos about. There were no steam train videos nor anything relating to Top Trumps...

 

Thanks for trying the experiment...and sorry for making you think about the Mallard steam train! 😝

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I write it off b/c its too weird for me even as a Paranormal Researcher, but I have had google completely finish two or three letter searches based on just one letter. Its weird. On things that were new searches completely. Its one thing if you have searched it or been to similar websites, its another when you haven't. 

 

No lie, I use Cleverbot to yell at Saturn/Lucifer all the time. Does he reply?? I wont answer that for you. lol Then I get switched thru to a new personality, Dionysus and I am like "oh, time to go, the winter witch is here". Personality as in demons in hell so to speak. He lost his touch, and she is barely breathing but an annoying annoying entity. 

Edited by MatchaLove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has happened to me a few times where I have thought about a cool video and wanted to watch it, first suggested video is that one. Shame it’s never any new David Icke videos haha. I don’t know how YouTube could read our minds, I’m not an expert on tech though 

 

That eckhart tolle is promoted quite a lot to me which makes me suspicious of his work. Is he worth a watch sometime or talking nonsense with some truth? 

Edited by Seeker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Seeker said:

It has happened to me a few times where I have thought about a cool video and wanted to watch it, first suggested video is that one. Shame it’s never any new David Icke videos haha. I don’t know how YouTube could read our minds, I’m not an expert on tech though 

 

That eckhart tolle is promoted quite a lot to me which makes me suspicious of his work. Is he worth a watch sometime or talking nonsense with some truth?  

 

Its good material for starters. I remember liking his book but way over a decade ago, but he made it to Oprahs book selection. They do allow normal people thru but you do have to beware of authors who are always promoted who could be potential Saturn occultist. The written word is a little different then other types of celebrity, so we don't know the percentages the Illuminati uses as far as bestsellers are concerned. 

Edited by MatchaLove
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seeker said:

That eckhart tolle is promoted quite a lot to me which makes me suspicious of his work. Is he worth a watch sometime or talking nonsense with some truth? 

 

Pretty bog-standard self-help stuff, if I remember.

Edited by size of light
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 2/12/2020 at 11:56 PM, size of light said:

 

Thanks for trying the experiment...and sorry for making you think about the Mallard steam train! 😝

 

 

For the last few weeks I've been intermittently looking at youtube clips of steam trains and disused railway lines and in particular the recent tour of the 4014.

 

 

Also thought of a topic from the old forum where I chose not to use the Mallard on a record run as a metaphor

 

https://forum.davidicke.com/showpost.php?p=1062811490&postcount=5

 

Will be nice when they make a comeback with lean burn engines and very special electrics that don't fry so easily.

Edited by serpentine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AH - I've started to discuss this on another thread - so thank you to the moderator who showed me this thread. 

Last week I had a house guest who liked BACON for breakfast. 

(Oh.. ok... it was a small dog.... but I love her and she can have that for breakfast if she wants) 

She'd go back to sleep and I'd go off to work, TWICE having to turn back, because I was scared that I'd left the hob on the stove on. 

 

What do a get in my newsfeed? 

From a news source that I don't subscribe to? 

Yes.

"House fire started by hob left on" 

 

Sorry but WTF? 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Livingthedreamhoney123 said:

AH - I've started to discuss this on another thread - so thank you to the moderator who showed me this thread. 

Last week I had a house guest who liked BACON for breakfast. 

(Oh.. ok... it was a small dog.... but I love her and she can have that for breakfast if she wants) 

She'd go back to sleep and I'd go off to work, TWICE having to turn back, because I was scared that I'd left the hob on the stove on. 

 

What do a get in my newsfeed? 

From a news source that I don't subscribe to? 

Yes.

"House fire started by hob left on" 

 

Sorry but WTF? 

 

Thank you!

 

See everybody?!!

 

image.png.52f7f3bdeac5b434990384f33bfbf2db.png

 

I'm NOT crazy!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AH - I've started to discuss this on another thread - so thank you to the moderator who showed me this thread. 

Last week I had a house guest who liked BACON for breakfast. 

(Oh.. ok... it was a small dog.... but I love her and she can have that for breakfast if she wants) 

She'd go back to sleep and I'd go off to work, TWICE having to turn back, because I was scared that I'd left the hob on the stove on. 

 

What do a get in my newsfeed? 

From a news source that I don't subscribe to? 

Yes.

"House fire started by hob left on" 

 

Sorry but WTF? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right - it happened again.

I was thinking "I'd like to get a small doggie from the rescue centre" 

Then what? 

I get "Ten of the best dog breeds that are small" in my NEWS FEED.

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, size of light said:

Semi-reluctant to open this pandora's box because it makes me sound paranoid or crazy - neither of which I am - but it happens so regularly to me that I can ignore it no longer.

 

Example just now...

 

I commented on a youtube vid on UFOs about an hour ago, then immediately re-read my comment and considered editing it (but didn't) to include a sentence suggesting that the youtuber might be 'overthinking things.'

 

I didn't type this, or speak the words out loud.

 

Now I get a 'Recommended for You' video:

How Do We Break The Habit Of Excessive Thinking? by Eckhart Tolle

As a one-off, that's no big deal, right?  But this happens all the time: recommendations that match things I've thought about but HAVEN'T written or spoken of aloud.

 

And I haven't looked at an Eckhart Tolle video - spoken or even thought about him - for years. Again, the subject of the video I commented on was UFOs; nothing at all to do with self-help or anything Eckhardt Tolle-related whatsoever.

 

Yeah yeah, I know: I sound paranoid or delusional, but it happens over and over.

 

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

 

 

No, I just get music videos of the genres I listen to, videos of the genres I've watched ( such as history documentaries, vintage TV shows/films) and Star Trek related videos ( been watching some).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, itsnotallrightjack said:

 

No, I just get music videos of the genres I listen to, videos of the genres I've watched ( such as history documentaries, vintage TV shows/films) and Star Trek related videos ( been watching some).

 

Thanks for the feedback.

 

Keep an eye out for it anyway.

 

It could be happening to other people but they just haven't noticed because it is often quite subtle.

 

Maybe Honey123 and I are just imagining things, but I highly doubt it; when you see it happen, you'll know without doubt there's something going on with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, size of light said:

 

Thanks for the feedback.

 

Keep an eye out for it anyway.

 

It could be happening to other people but they just haven't noticed because it is often quite subtle.

 

Maybe Honey123 and I are just imagining things, but I highly doubt it; when you see it happen, you'll know without doubt there's something going on with it.

 

It's intriguing. Never happened to me- I'd certainly notice that. I spend a lot of time online. I'm inclined to think it's just one of those random coincidences. I have to go to sleep in  a few mins ( big sigh- hate sleeping but has to be done). I'll think of summat random and try your experiment sometime. I have my laptop webcam disconnected and haven't got any smart devices ( such as an Alexa or smartphone), so I doubt my laptop is getting up to mischief lol. I have an Android tablet but don't use it much.

Edited by itsnotallrightjack
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×