Sign in to follow this  
Stride

Rod Stewart, 75, is seen on film 'performing a Hitler salute before punching a security guard'

8 hours ago, Stride said:

Footage of the incident has now been released. Wonder why he did the salute.

He was probably drawing similarities between the security guard and a Nazi - nothing deeper than that IMO. Perhaps drink was involved too.

• Like 1

The thing about him punching the guard was in the news around xmas time I think?

However this hitler salute thing is new.. but the question is why would he do it?

dc04d829ec83cf6956083ad65d9ae168--rod-st

17 hours ago, Mitochondrial Eve said:

He was probably drawing similarities between the security guard and a Nazi - nothing deeper than that IMO. Perhaps drink was involved too.

thought something like that 

according to the Guardian it is mandatory for all Brexit supporters to do regular Hitler salutes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

True story. I went for a drink with a mate after work (this was back in 1978) to a pub near Covent Garden, The place was busy so we found ourselves a corner and order a couple of pints. A large group of tourists were in and soon it was shoulder-to-shoulder. We decided to leave but as we were making for the door, in struts Rod Stewart and his minder, who looked like a real bruiser. The minder began to shove people aside so Rod could get to the bar. Unfortunately for him, he pushed a bloke who was having none of it and he promptly decked the minder with a straight right that would have done Ali proud. Rod just about wet his knickers and ran around the back of the bar looking to the nearest exit. If we wants his tartan scarf back, it's probably still hanging behind the bar.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Nemuri Kyoshiro said:

True story. I went for a drink with a mate after work (this was back in 1978) to a pub near Covent Garden, The place was busy so we found ourselves a corner and order a couple of pints. A large group of tourists were in and soon it was shoulder-to-shoulder. We decided to leave but as we were making for the door, in struts Rod Stewart and his minder, who looked like a real bruiser. The minder began to shove people aside so Rod could get to the bar. Unfortunately for him, he pushed a bloke who was having none of it and he promptly decked the minder with a straight right that would have done Ali proud. Rod just about wet his knickers and ran around the back of the bar looking to the nearest exit. If we wants his tartan scarf back, it's probably still hanging behind the bar.

Doesn't surprise me. The guys a silly old sod thinks his still 19

9 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Doesn't surprise me. The guys a silly old sod thinks his still 19

Has he ever done a good record? With the exception of Baby Jane, probably not.

This one sounds like a Power Station / Duran Duran rip off... and for good reason too.

However looks he he couldn't resist pulling the 'X' pose on the cover.

IlluminatiWatcherDotCom-Horus-arms-cross

https://illuminatiwatcher.com/decoding-illuminati-symbolism-mark-beast-x/

7 minutes ago, Tom bombadil said:

Is it illegal to be a Nazi?!!!

Wasn't there a guy in Germany who got arrested a few years back because he taught his dog to do the Nazi salute?

He must have thought he'd found a loophole in the law.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:57 AM, Mitochondrial Eve said:

Yes, I thought that too. Was just waiting for the woke community to slam him for being anti-Semitic, which of course imitating or using the Nazis ('Little Hitler syndrome') as a demonstration of someone's arrogance or sense of superiority is not at all disrespectful to Jews. In fact it should be seen as honouring them. Being metaphorically disrespectful like this to the unjust in this way is entirely justifiable. Stewart's violence however is questionable, although I'm not sure of the exact circumstances of this. He may have felt threatened somehow and was being over-reactionally defensive, with the help of alcohol.

Drunk as a skunk! Fair play Rod. Has anyone seen the footage of him doing the Scottish Cup draw a few years ago? Been on the sauce again, what a trooper....

• Haha 1

On 2/15/2020 at 8:38 AM, Stride said:

However this hitler salute thing is new.. but the question is why would he do it?

to imply that he thought the security were behaving like little hitlers

I don't know what the truth of the matter is either way but it looks like rod does a salute with one hand while using the other hand to make a wee hitler tache which is well known in britain to be a comical insult not intended to be a serious salute

• Like 1

9 hours ago, size of light said:

Wasn't there a guy in Germany who got arrested a few years back because he taught his dog to do the Nazi salute?

He must have thought he'd found a loophole in the law.

Maybe you are thinking of Count Dankula?

He was tried and found guilty in the UK for a 'hate crime'.  Suspended sentence. 

Some freemason judge found him guilty.

Go to his you tube channel to see what transpired. 

29 minutes ago, Tom bombadil said:

Maybe you are thinking of Count Dankula?

He was tried and found guilty in the UK for a 'hate crime'.  Suspended sentence. 

Some freemason judge found him guilty.

Go to his you tube channel to see what transpired. 

The Nazis in the 30's arrested a bloke for teaching his dog to do one.

Those Nazis no sense of humor

14 hours ago, muir said:

to imply that he thought the security were behaving like little hitlers

I don't know what the truth of the matter is either way but it looks like rod does a salute with one hand while using the other hand to make a wee hitler tache which is well known in britain to be a comical insult not intended to be a serious salute

No such thing as a 'comical insult' in Stasi Britain.

• Like 2

Rod has either no self control when alcohol is around, or is a full blown alcoholic. He was pissed at the Brit awards the other night while singing.

16 minutes ago, sapf0 said:

Rod has either no self control when alcohol is around, or is a full blown alcoholic. He was pissed at the Brit awards the other night while singing.

Is there a video of that?

I think he´s probably got a drink problem and or other affliction.

In this photo last week, his wife seemed to be holding onto him for dear life.

Rod-Stewart-wife-Penny-Lancaster-picture

People thought Dudley Moore was a drunk before he died, because his speech was slurred, but he was suffereing from ........... "30 September 1999, Moore announced that he was suffering from the terminal degenerative brain disorder progressive supranuclear palsy"

My grandmother was diagnosed with PSP,  (she hardly ever drank alcohol) her speech was slurred. I´m not saying Rod Stewart has PSP,  but he may have a medical problem made worse by drinking.

Edited by Golden Retriever

16 minutes ago, sapf0 said:

I remember seeing the late great Lou Reed on stage with Gorillaz at Glastonbury....couldn't fucking believe it: LOU REED! Fucking legend.

The guy was licking his lips a lot and I reckon he was off his head on speed or something similar and I thought....yeah, why wouldn't you wanna be high as fuck and having a party in your head when you're up on stage in front of 100,000 people...

It's the highlight of these guys lives....obviously....you're gonna want to turn it into a party.....

I don't blame them......the problem has always been trying to maintain a decent performance despite being mostly wrecked...some performers were better for it....some were much worse.

Good on him that he can still enjoy a drink at his age..... I'm glad to see he's still living it large...even though I think Rod Stewart is probably a bit of a cock.

Edited by Truthspoon

4 minutes ago, Golden Retriever said:

Is there a video of that?

I think he´s probably got a drink problem and or other affliction.

In this photo last week, his wife seemed to be holding onto him for dear life.

Rod-Stewart-wife-Penny-Lancaster-picture

People thought Dudley Moore was a drunk before he died, because his speech was slurred, but he was suffereing from ........... "30 September 1999, Moore announced that he was suffering from the terminal degenerative brain disorder progressive supranuclear palsy"

My grandmother was diagnosed with PSP, and her speech was slurred. I´m not saying Rod Stewart has PSP,  but he may have a medical problem made worse

by drinking.

My dad was once mistaken for Dudley Moore. 

The guy said to him, 'are you Dudley Moore?'

And he said 'I should hope not, he's been dead for 10 years."

• Haha 2